Here's what I'm preordering from my LCS:

Dark Horse - I love the character, Solomon Kane, so I'm getting the new collection trade, Death's Black Riders.  Of course, Usagi Yojimbo will be on my buy pile.

DC Comics - I've been disappointed by a lot of DCU stuff lately, but now that the whole New Krypton thing is over and JMS and Paul Cornell have moved in as writers, I'm back on board for Superman and Action Comics.  Throw in Supergirl with Bizarro Kara, please.  Definately getting Grant Morrison's and Neal Adams' Batman books.  Continuing Birds of Prey for Gail.  The JMS Wonder Woman trial continues this month...as does the Zatanna probation period.  iZombie was fun, so I'm ordering that.  For the youngsters, Tiny Titans and Billy Batson continue.

IDW - My sister demands more Last Unicorn and here it is.  Kill Shakespeare also continues this month.

Marvel - OK, if it has Avengers, X-Men, Daredevil, Marvelman, or Jane Austen characters in it...good chance I'm picking it up.  Paul Tobin continues his great run on MA Spider-Man.  Powers for Holly...we can't give up the book we cameoed in.  ;)

Indys - Terry Moore's Echo, Kurt Busiek's Dracula book (Boom!), comics with ducks and muppets, Doctor Who magazine, and the new Smurf collections.

A few notables: 

Torchwood #1 from Titan written by Capt. Jack himself. 

The second issue of Life with Archie telling stories about his two married lives by Uslan and Breyfogle.  Dan Parent's introduction of Kevin, the new Riverdale student who happens to be gay, in Veronica #202 comes out (ha ha) this month. 

The second issue of tales from CBGB with work by the Hernandez brothers comes out from Boom! Town and looks really interesting.

What's on your list?

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• These are from the August catalog but most of them are shipping later:

Marvel Masterworks Marvel Mystery Comics Vol. 5
    Marvel Masterworks Defenders Vol. 2
    Premiere Classics Hardcover Thor
    Creepy Vol. 8
    John Byrne's Next Men Vol. 3
    Dick Drieffer's Frankenstein
    Phantom Dailies Vol. 2
    Frank Frazetta's Johnny Comet Vol. 1

...and for Tracy: the adaptation of the upcoming Tinkerbelle movie.
  • Is Byrne finishing his Next Men story in these collections?
  • No, this is just an IDW collection of his Dark Horse work. What's kind of frustrating is that the second volume was significantly taller than the first. We've got a discussion of it somewhere I think...
  • Here it is.

My hope is that this reprint seeries will lead to a continuation, but my understanding is that there are... extenuating circumstances.
  • AVP: Three World War #6
    Dark Tower:The Gunslinger #4
This reply was deleted.