Tales by Timothy Truman

47613509200.1.SIGNED.jpg

Before Grimjack, before Starslayer, Timothy Truman worked for TSR on a variety of RPG-related projects, including "Daral of Gondwane" by the great Gardner Fox, surely one of his last stories. Other stories include "Braskan Gambit" and "Starmerchant," plus a two pin-up "portfolio" of character designs. Rarely has a new talent burst upon the scene so fully developed.

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I reserve the right, from time-to-time, to supplement "Tales by Timothy Truman" with "Covers by Timothy Truman."

01986433504.1.jpg

56891581544.6.jpg

• Here is Jezebel Jade by Timothy Truman.

701845.jpg

For Jezebel's granddaughter, Jasmine, see Dynamite's Jonny Quest #3 released this week.

• DRAGON CHIANG:

626311.jpg

Dragon Chiang is a Zen-Western-Trucker-Post-Apocalyptic-Highway-Action hero. The series was originally produced in five installments of 8-12 pages each serialized in European anthology magazines and eventually collected in a single 44-page volume by Eclipse Comics. My copy is autographed by Timothy Bradstreet, Tim Truman's best ever inker for my money. I got the autograph on July 11, 1991 (according the the flyer bagged with the comic). I was working part-time at the shop that hosted the signing, so I got to hang out with him all afternoon. He had a bunch of goth-vampire illustrations in his portfolio at the time, when vampires were just on the cusp of becoming overexposed. I would have liked to buy one, but I couldn't afford one on my then-current salary. He later released a retail portfolio of all of them, and I was more satisfied with that, I think, than I would have been with a single piece of original art. He was also working on a pre-adamantium Wolverine story at the time, which eventually saw print in Marvel Comics Presents. I remember I was very much into Crying Freeman at the time, and I ontroduced Bradstreet to the art of Ryoichi Ikegami.

20407139544.1.GIF

• HAWKWORLD:

931977.jpg

This series was covered quite thoroughly in the "Hawkmen" discussion. Suffice it to say (for my own part) that I had a problem with it in 1989 but I no longer do now.

Hawkmen
    I am working my way through The Golden Age Hawkman Archives for the second time. The stories, from Flash Comics #1-22, are all written by Gardner Fox…
This reply was deleted.