The moment you've all been waiting for has finally arrived. The winners of the 2012 Mopee Awards have been announced! Read all about these memorable (that's not a compliment) stories here:

http://cbgxtra.com/columnists/craig-shutt-ask-mr-silver-age/the-2011-mopee-awards-ask-mr-silver-age-cbg-1685-january-2012

-- MSA

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Another great column Mr. SA. I actually got my copy of that issue last week.

But as much as I love the Captain Comics site and intend to stay here as long as yo folks want me too, I still wish that CBGXtra would reestablish their forums.

• Me too. By my calculations, the first anniversary of the CBGXtra forums closure is coming up about Dec. 13.

Hoy

Lee Houston, Junior said:

Another great column Mr. SA. I actually got my copy of that issue last week.

But as much as I love the Captain Comics site and intend to stay here as long as yo folks want me too, I still wish that CBGXtra would reestablish their forums.

• I miss the old PDFs that CBG used to do. Seeing those actual magazine pages laid out with the color photos really made a nice looking presentation. It's still nice to see the panels in color on the Web, even if the magazine has already gone out.

Ideally, we can talk about anything here that we did there, and we had a pretty good migration of people from there to here (and a number already were here anyway).

Clearly, their intent all along was to shut those down for who knows what reason, despite what they said/say. It's too bad they took that approach, as I don't know that they did it with any other F+W sites. It definitely isn't the way most magazines are trending.

OTOH, there's something to be said for consolidating everyone in one place so we can have discussions without spreading them around or doubling them up. Cap's forum has become the defacto CBG site, and it's got more activity than CBG had at its peak, I think.

-- MSA

This reply was deleted.