APACHE DELIVERY SERVICE #3

BERSERK DELUXE EDITION VOL 10 HC

CRITICAL ROLE: TALES OF EXANDRIA #4

DAISY #4

GROO MEETS TARZAN TPB

HELLBOY UNIVERSE: ESSENTIALS LOBSTER JOHNSON TPB

HOUND HC

Story: Paul J. Bolger | Art: Barry Devlin & Dee Cunniffe | 488 pages | $19.99

The ancient, Irish myth — The Hound of Ulster — is retold for a contemporary audience in Hound, by master storytellers Paul J. Bolger (The Land Before Time, Cool World), Barry Devlin (Horslips, A Man of No Importance, U2: Making of Rattle & Hum), and Dee Cunniffe (Machine Gun Wizards, Redneck).

In 50 BCE, Morrigan, the goddess of war, has become restless as a long-lasting peace settles over Ireland. Deciding the time of peace must end, she chooses Setanta, the nephew of the king of the north, to become her ward. After a young Setanta slays the demon-hound of Cullan, he becomes known as Cú Cullan — The Hound of Cullan. As Cú Cullan grows older, it is apparent that an extraordinary power lies within him ... and a great darkness. When he chooses the quiet life of a farmer over the sword, Morrigan, angry at the betrayal, instigates an invasion of his homeland and Cú Cullan must challenge fate itself to keep the goddess at bay.

Praise for Hound:

“Really enjoyed Hound. Paul Bolger and Barry Devlin have done a great job with re-imagining the story of Irish mythical hero Cu Chulainn” — Aiden Turner (actor; The Hobbit)

Hound is an authentic interpretation of Celtic mythology seen through the art and eyes of a visionary storyteller.” — Michael Avon Oeming (Powers, The Victories)

“I thought this was bloody marvelous book; magical, violent and visceral with a glorious seam of comedy and irony to bring light to the spectacular Celtic landscapes of Paul’s imagination.” — Peter Lord (director; Chicken Run)

Hound is a stunning example of comics storytelling being used to reinvigorate ancient legends for a modern audience.” — Tomm Moore (director; Wolfwalkers, Song of the Sea, Secret of Kells)

• Yay, more cool mythology!

LADY BALTIMORE: WITCH QUEENS HC

• Decisions, decisions. Do I buy this (and any subsequent volumes), or hope for an omnibus or Library Edition? 

LAST FLIGHT OUT #5

LOBSTER JOHNSON OMNIBUS VOL 1 HC

• I gambled on waiting for an omnibus for this character, and I got it right. (I don't always get it right.)

LUCKY DEVIL TPB

NORSE MYTHOLOGY III #2

• Still anxiously awaiting the Norse Mythology II collection.

STEPHEN MCCRANIE’S SPACE BOY VOL 12 TPB

UNBELIEVABLE UNTEENS VOL 1 TPB

DC  COMICS

BATGIRLS #4

BATMAN & SCOOBY DOO MYSTERIES #12 (OF 12)

BATMAN: URBAN LEGENDS #13

DC HORROR PRESENTS THE CONJURING: THE LOVER HC

DC POSTER PORTFOLIO DARK NIGHTS METAL TPB

DETECTIVE COMICS #1056

FUTURE STATE: GOTHAM #11

GREEN ARROW: STRANDED TPB

Story: Brendan Deneen | Art/Colors: Bell Hosalla | Letters: AndWorld Design | $9.99

Following a plane crash on a deserted island, 13-year-old Oliver Queen must learn the skills he needs to survive and to protect his injured father. Ollie has always hated the idea of hunting, but his dad insisted they go on this trip with his business partner, Sebastian, and his son, Tyler. When Ollie fails to take a perfect shot, the teasing starts, and he wonders if his dad will ever be proud of him again. But just when he thought their trip couldn't get any worse, their private jet is struck by lightning and crash lands on a deserted island. Ollie awakens to find his dad seriously injured and the other passengers nowhere in sight. If they hope to survive, he’s going to have to learn skills he’s been avoiding developing so far. He has never felt less sure of who he is ... or if he will be able to hang on until help arrives.

Brendan Deneen is the author of the novels The Ninth Circle, The Chrysali and Morbius: The Living Vampire — Blood Ties, as well as the bestselling Night Night, Groot picture book series. His graphic novel work includes multiple volumes of Flash Gordon, an original Island of Misfit Toys book and Scatterbrain. His short stories and essays have been published by St. Martin's Press, Reader's Digest Books, 13Thirty Press and Necro Publications.

• So, what supervillain will Tyler grow up to be, do you suppose?

I AM BATMAN #7

JOKER #13

JUSTICE LEAGUE VS. LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES #2 (OF 6)

NAOMI SEASON TWO #1 (OF 6)

Story: Brian Michael Bendis and David F. Walker | Art/Cover: Jamal Campbell | 32 Pages | $3.99

Naomi returns to the pages of her own series to uncover the truth behind the new mysteries around herself and her powers. Featuring the original creative team behind the critically acclaimed and Eisner Award-nominated debut series of Brian Michael Bendis, David F. Walker and Jamal Campbell, NAOMI SEASON TWO #1 will be available at local comic book stores and digital retailers on March 8, 2022.

“I am so excited that the entire original creative team was able to return to put together this very important chapter in Naomi McDuffie’s life and legacy,” said writer Brian Michael Bendis. “Naomi has been thrown into the deep end of life and the series is about that. What Naomi is going through in the superhero universe is what a lot of people go through in the real world. All the sudden you’re in over your head and things are expected of you and there are still so many questions and mysteries about her parents, birth world, powers and the world she grew up in. You’re in for lots of surprises!”

NAOMI SEASON TWO will look to answer all the questions that surround Naomi, her legacy, and her place in the DC Universe pantheon. Guest-starring Black Adam, Superman, and the Justice League, plus the return of … Zumbado!

“It feels really good to be working with Jamal and Brian again,” added Writer David F. Walker. “All three of us are in very different places professionally and personally in our lives, and that brings an invigorating energy to the creative process as we chronicle this next chapter in Naomi's adventures. The first story we wrote was about Naomi learning who she really is, and now this story is all about unpacking the realities of what it means to be a superhero.”

Season Two launches straight from Season One and her appearances in Young Justice and Justice League.  Naomi now stands side-by-side with the likes of Superman, Batman and The Flash, yet at the same time, she still has her small-town life and relationships with her parents and friends to navigate. 

“Despite being apart for a bit, we’ve all used that time to think about where we want to take Naomi and her story after Season One,” said Artist Jamal Campbell. “And now we can hit the ground running, creatively refreshed and ready to continue where we left off.”

• First issue!
  • I know absolutely nothing about this character, having never read a comic book with her in it. Which makes me reluctant to try the CW show. Any advice, Legionnaires? Am I missing out?

NEW TEEN TITANS VOL. 13 TPB

NUBIA AND THE AMAZONS #6 (OF 6)

SUPERBOY AND THE LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES TABLOID EDITION HC

SUPERMAN ACTION COMICS VOL. 1: WARWORLD RISING TPB

SUPERMAN: SON OF KAL-EL #9

Story: Tom Taylor | Art/Cover: Bruno Redondo | Variants: Travis Moore, Tamra Bonvillain, Janaina Medeiros | $3.99

Superman/Nightwing crossover part 2 of 2! Nightwing promised Clark Kent that while he’s off-planet, Nightwing would look after Clark’s son, Jon, as he tries to fill his father’s shoes as Superman. But with someone out there murdering superpowered people, is Nightwing in over his head? Read Nightwing #89 for part 1 of this crossover story!

• The costumes do look good together. Probably because they both match (royal blue), and contrast (light/dark). And nobody's wearing gym trunks. (Does anybody wear those any more?)
  • Still, my favorite team-up colors are Flash/Green Lantern, the Christmas Kids!
  • A close second is Iron Man/Captain America. All those primary colors!
  • A close third is Green Arrow/Aquaman, charter members of the Secondary Color Brigade!

SUPERMAN VS. LOBO #3 (OF 3)

TEEN TITANS VOL. 1: X MARKS THE SPOT HC

TRIAL OF THE AMAZONS #1 (OF 2)

Story: Becky Cloonan, Michael W. Conrad, Joelle Jones, Vita Ayala, Stephanie Williams | Art: Joelle Jones, Elena Casagrande, Laura Braga, Skylar Patridge | Covers: Jim Cheung, Rose Besch | $4.99

After the events of Nubia & the Amazons, the dangers of Doom’s Doorway have found their way to Man’s World and garnered the attention of not one, but all three Amazonian tribes. The Bana-Mighdall consider it to be a weakness in the current regime and have decided to return to the shores of Themyscira to stake their claim over the island. Little do they know, the Esquecida are not far behind, but instead looking for help to combat the evil unleashed. Tempers rise and swords are brandished as the women argue about the best course of action. Now Queen Nubia must show them all the way to peace by calling for one of the most famous Amazon traditions … the Contest. Who among them is worthy of leading them into the future? Find out as the bravest, wisest and fiercest warriors compete to be champion of all the Amazons! DC Comics proudly presents the first Wonder Woman crossover of its kind, brought to you by the writers behind Wonder Woman, Nubia & the Amazons and Wonder Girl and some of the best and brightest artists in the industry. You won’t want to miss this monumental story that brings all the Wonder Woman titles and characters together and changes them for good!

• First issue!
  • Since Nubia was a miniseries and Wonder Girl has been canceled, this event will, I guess, appear in only Wonder Woman, the second issue of Trial of the Amazons and a couple of Wonder Girl one-shots.

Y: THE LAST MAN COMPENDIUM VOL. 2

DYNAMITE ENTERTAINMENT

BETTIE PAGE: THE ALIEN AGENDA #1

Story: Mia (Ani-Mia) McLaughlin | Art: Celor | Covers: Joseph Michael Linsner, Josh Burns, Stephane Roux, Jimmy Broxton, Ani-Mia (Cosplay) | Teen+ | 32 pages | $3.99

Poor Bettie Page has barely finished up her latest adventure and gotten back to modeling when duty calls once more! Seems there's something funny going on in a place called Roswell, and it's up to Bettie to investigate! There's a catch this time, though — the United States military might be putting Bettie on the case, but they can't avow the existence of said case — or Bettie! Instead, our marvelous model is given a crack team of assistants to help her go where no woman has gone before! Fresh off scribing Bettie Page and the Bigfoot Bandits, this spaceship is steered with a purpose by fan-favorite Ani-Mia and illustrated with only the finest stardust by Celor (Hack/Slash vs. Chaos!, Kiss: The Phantom Obsession)!

• First issue!
  • Few artists really capture Page's impish face, but the third cover below comes close.

DRACULINA #2

DYNAMITE ART OF JOHN CASSADAY TPB

ELVIRA MEETS VINCENT PRICE #5

EVIL ERNIE #4

JIM BUTCHER DRESDEN FILES BIGFOOT HC

RED SONJA: BLACK WHITE & RED #8

IDW PUBLISHING

GLORK PATROL VOL 2: GLORK PATROL TAKES A BATH HC

THE KILL LOCK: THE ARTISAN WRAITH #1 (OF 7)

Livio Ramondelli, the renowned illustrator beloved by fans for a decade of atmospheric Transformers storytelling, returns to his labor of love, The Kill Lock, with its first-ever sequel series entitled The Kill Lock: The Artisan Wraith. The debut comic book in this vicious and darkly funny sci-fi miniseries will be illustrated by Ramondelli and published by IDW.

“Making the first series was one of the best experiences of my life, and I’m ecstatic that the reception to it has allowed the story of these characters and their world to continue,” says Ramondelli.

The original Kill Lock series, a captivating cult hit released in 2019 and 2020, introduced four sentient robots — a soldier, an addict, a murderer, and a child — who were bound together by a “Kill Lock” as punishment for irredeemable crimes. If one of them dies, they all will … a fate that forces them to protect each other while searching for a cure for their seemingly inevitable, linked deaths.

The new Artisan Wraith storyline picks up where the first volume left off, the four criminals having managed to escape destruction … albeit not without complications. One of their number -- the smartest and most malicious — now inhabits an unbreakable body and has a planet at his command. The authorities can not let this stand, deploying two of the deadliest assassins in the universe to eliminate this threat.

“The central premise of The Artisan Wraith is: If you had both the might and the mind to remake the faults that you see in society, would you improve it or create something worse?” says Ramondelli. “The scope of this series is larger than the first, and will explore not only the future of the prior characters, but also introduce new ones as well as explore the dark origins of their universe.”

"Livio's a great storyteller,” says IDW editor David Mariotte. “From his earliest work, he's always had a sense of style and a knack for bringing cinematic compositions to the comics page. The Kill Lock brought him to the next level with an amazingly humorous and wickedly exciting story, and The Artisan Wraith raises the stakes again.”

Praise for The Kill Lock:

“Utterly captivating.” — ComicBook.com

“Original and intelligent.” — Monkeys Fighting Robots

“A tale which will catch you off guard, evoke emotions you were not expecting, and pull you into its narrative.” — Major Spoilers

“I find myself so involved, invested, and thoroughly engaged from the start, and I simply do not wish the story would end. I have mad respect for Livio as he is pretty much doing it all here ... he has opened up a world of storytelling.” — Reading with a Flight Ring

• First issue!

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG: IMPOSTER SYNDROME #3

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG VOL 10: TEST RUN TPB

IMAGE COMICS

ANT #3

DEADLY CLASS DLX HC VOL 3

GOD HATES ASTRONAUTS OMNIMEGABUS TPB

GOOD ASIAN #9

KING OF SPIES #4

LADY MECHANIKA: MONSTER OF MINISTRY #3

LITTLE MONSTERS #1

Story: Jeff Lemire | Art: Dustin Nguyen | $3.99

In Little Monsters, readers follow the last children on Earth … who also happen to be vampires. For longer than they can remember, these child vampires have lived a life of eternal wonder amongst the ruins of humanity. But shocking events fracture the group and set them on a path of discovery that will shatter their innocence forever.

"After finishing 50 issues of Descender and Ascender, Dustin and I knew we wanted to keep our collaborations going but also knew we needed to change direction and try something totally different from that sweeping space epic,” said Lemire in an exclusive on the announcement with ComicBook.com.

“This story may be about vampires but it is not a horror book,” he added. “It is a book very much grounded in the lives of these children who have, in a way, been trapped in amber. They live an endless life of innocence and games and childhood. It’s a character study of what it would mean to be truly young forever and the things that growing up costs us all. Dustin is doing some of the best work of his career and I’ve really fallen in love with this world and these characters. We can’t wait to share more with readers."

• First issue!

MIRKA ANDOLFO’S SWEET PAPRIKA #8

MONKEY MEAT #3

NEW MASTERS #2

RADIANT RED #1

Rising star writer Cherish Chen joins artists David Lafuente and Miquel Muerto for the upcoming Radiant Red. This new, five-issue miniseries reunites the fan-favorite creative team behind Kyle Higgins and Marcelo Costa’s Radiant Black #6 issue and expands the Radiant Red character’s story. It is set to launch this March from Image Comics.

"The last time we saw Satomi in Radiant Black, she and Marshall had finally buried the hatchet — but that doesn't mean all her problems have gone away," said Higgins in an exclusive scoop with io9 on the series' announcement. "As her life gets more and more complicated, we're delighted to have Cherish, David, and Miquel back together to continue what we started in Radiant Black—and Satomi's story is just getting started."

To her students, Satomi Sone is a diligent middle school teacher. To her fiancé and parents, she’s the rock of their family. To the world, she’s Radiant Red, a criminal turned matter-absorbing superhero.

But with a mysterious stranger in her classroom, a nosy reporter on her doorstep, and $2.5 million hidden in the air vents of her house, she’s going to have to decide who she is, and quickly — before the world chooses for her.

“Radiant Red is an endlessly fascinating character in an ever-expanding universe, so the chance to carve out Satomi's corner of the world with master storytellers like David and Miquel and our whole team of collaborators is a total dream come true,” said Chen to io9. “I hope fans will enjoy the journey we're going on with Satomi — it’s a wild one.”

Lafuente added: "I'm incredibly proud of this book. I think I've done my best job ever, you are not ready for Miquel's amazing colors and I cannot wait for you to discover Cherish's incredible talent for characterization and drama."

"What I find interesting from all the Radiant universe, is that the normal moments have the same importance as the super moments, and finding colors and resonances between the two faces of these stories, is truly exciting," said Muerto. "With this incredible team and the total freedom and confidence that they gave me, I feel like I'm growing with each page along with Satomi's journey.

SPAWN #327

MARVEL COMICS: INFINITY SAGA PHASE 2 VARIANT COVERS

This March, Marvel Comics will continue to spotlight the Marvel Cinematic Universe with stunning variant covers by some of the industry’s top artists! Following November’s INFINITY SAGA PHASE 1 VARIANTS come six brand-new covers paying homage to Phase 2 of the MCU’s Infinity Saga. Adorning upcoming issues of your favorite comic book series, the INFINITY SAGA PHASE 2 VARIANT COVERS will depict the characters and moments from this second era of legendary MCU films.

CAPTAIN CARTER #1

THOR #23

AVENGERS #54

CAPTAIN AMERICA/IRON MAN #5

AVENGERS FOREVER #4

IRON MAN #18

MARVEL COMICS: WOMEN’S HISTORY MONTH VARIANT COVERS

This March, Marvel Comics is proud to spotlight an all-star lineup of female artists with a new variant cover program commemorating Women’s History Month. Sara Pichelli, Betsy Cola, Jan Bazaldua, Rian Gonzales, Ema Lupacchino and Karen Darboe will depict some of history’s most inspirational women with a Marvel twist! Fans can see Emma Frost, Sersi, Magik and Captain Carter pay homage to Queen Elizabeth I, Cleopatra, Joan of Arc and British suffragettes in gorgeous portrait-style covers that will adorn your favorite Marvel series all month long!

CAPTAIN CARTER #1

ETERNALS #10

X-MEN UNLIMITED: LATITUDE #1

IMMORTAL X-MEN #1

MARVEL COMICS

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #92

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN BEYOND VOL 2 TPB

CAPTAIN AMERICA EPIC COLLECTION: ARENA OF DEATH TPB

CAPTAIN AMERICA EPIC COLLECTION: BLOODSTONE HUNT TPB

CAPTAIN CARTER #1 (OF 5)

Story: Jamie Mckelvie | Art: Marika Cresta | Covers: Jamie Mckelvie, Jen Bartel, Sara Pichelli, Declan Shalvey | Teen+ | $3.99

Captain Carter, the fan-favorite character recently featured in Marvel Studios’ What If will report for duty in her very own comic series this March! Prolific creator Jamie McKelvie, known for his defining work on characters like Captain Marvel and the Young Avengers, will now use his acclaimed talents to bring this Marvel super hero to the forefront of Marvel Comics canon, writing the series and designing the character’s brand-new look. McKelvie will be joined by rising star artist Marika Cresta, known for her recent work on STAR WARS: DOCTOR APHRA.

The five-issue limited series will introduce Captain Carter in an adventure that will find Peggy Carter as a woman out of time, facing the reappearance of an old foe in modern day and deciding what she stands for as the wielder of the shield.

A reality where Agent Peggy Carter took the Super-Soldier Serum instead of Steve Rogers is turned upside down when the World War II hero is pulled from the ice where she was lost in action decades before. Peggy struggles to find her footing in a modern world that’s gotten a lot more complicated – cities are louder, technology is smarter and enemies wear friendly faces. Everyone with an agenda wants Captain Carter on their side, but what does Peggy want? And will she have time to figure it out when mysterious forces are already gunning for her?

“I'm as big a fan of the Captain Carter we've seen onscreen as anybody, so I jumped at the chance to create our own version,” McKelvie said. “I'm having a great time exploring what it would be like for Peggy to wake up nearly 80 years after the end of the war. The world remembers the myth of Captain Carter, but to Peggy the reality was just yesterday. Now she finds herself in a nearly unrecognizable new world, how does she fit in? Can she be the super hero people want her to be? Exploring these questions has been really exciting, and I love the world Marika and I have come up with. I can't wait for people to see Marika's pages –– there's so much life and energy to Peggy and the rest of the cast, and the action scenes are stunning.

"There's a whole load of story meat in the premise that interests me," McKelvie told SYFY WIRE. "It's almost 80 years since the end of World War II. That's a big difference to the 20 years Steve Rogers was in the ice in the original comics timeline. It's a huge gap, and so much has changed since then. Even the decade since MCU Cap woke up has seen a lot of big shifts in the world. So that's immediately exciting to me –– how do you deal with waking up in such a radically different world, with every anchor in your life long gone?"

• First issue!
  • When What If was announced, I thought, "What an odd choice for a series." Then when we watched the first episode of What If and none of the leads died, it all clicked into place for me. I turned to my wife and said, "Now I get it. They're going to use this series to establish alternate versions of existing characters that they can use in the MCU when the actors playing those characters quit (Chis Evans), die on screen (Robert Downey Jr., Scarlett Johansson) or age out (Jeremy Renner, Mark Ruffalo). That's actually pretty smart. They can have a new Captain America or Iron Man at any time."
  • I was only thinking of the MCU at the time, but yeah, it makes sense they'd use them (or some version of them) in the comics, too.

CARNAGE: BLACK WHITE AND BLOOD TPB

CONAN THE BARBARIAN: THE ORIGINAL MARVEL YEARS OMNIBUS VOL 7 HC

DEVIL’S REIGN #5

DEVIL’S REIGN: MOON KNIGHT #1

Story: Jed Mackay | Art: Federico Sabbatini | Covers: Rod Reis, Leinil Francis Yu | $4.99

A special chapter in writer Jed MacKay’s hit run on MOON KNIGHT! With art by Federico Vicentini, this one-shot will see what happens after Moon Knight is arrested by the Thunderbolts as part of WILSON FISK’S crackdown on costumed heroes. Now a prisoner in the high-tech Myrmidon, surrounded by hostile guards and many of the very criminals he helped put away, Marc Spector must fight for his survival. But Moon Knight’s quest for justice doesn’t end just because of a little light incarceration …

• First issue!
  • Moon Knight has come a long way from being "Marvel's Batman." I'm really looking forward to the Disney+ series.

DEVIL’S REIGN: SUPERIOR FOUR #3

ETERNALS #10

Story: Kieron Gillen | Art/Cover: Esad Ribić | Variants: Kyle Hotz, Salvador Larocca, Rian Gonzales

Over the last year, writer Kieron Gillen and artist Esad Ribić have revolutionized the Eternals mythology in their acclaimed run on ETERNALS. Long-hidden truths about the nature of these god-like beings have been revealed, forever changing their role in the Marvel Universe, and this March, the Eternals may have brand-new enemies to contend with — THE AVENGERS!

The Eternals are on a pilgrimage together. Well, depends on whom you ask — for it’s not so much a pilgrimage ... and more like breaking and entering into Avengers Mountain. But what the Avengers don’t know won’t hurt them … right?

FANTASTIC FOUR EPIC COLLECTION: NOBODY GETS OUT ALIVE TPB

FANTASTIC FOUR VOL 9: ETERNAL FLAME TPB

HAWKEYE: KATE BISHOP #5

HOWARD THE DUCK BY ZDARSKY & QUINONES OMNIBUS HC

INCREDIBLE HULK OMNIBUS VOL 1 HC NEW PTG

MARVEL’S WANDAVISION ART SERIES HC SLIPCASE EDITION

MARVEL-VERSE MOON KNIGHT TPB

MOON KNIGHT BY LEMIRE & SMALLWOOD COMPLETE COLLECTION TPB

MOON KNIGHT OMNIBUS VOL 2 HC

NEW MUTANTS OMNIBUS VOL 2 HC

PUNISHER #1

Story: Jason Aaron | Art: Jesus Saiz, Paul Azaceta | Colors: Dave Stewart | Covers: Jesus Saiz, Gorlan Parlov, Ernanda Souza, Benjamin Su

Frank Castle must face his destiny. Beginning this March, Frank’s dark path will be revealed in PUNISHER, a series years in the making that will mark the definitive culmination of Frank Castle’s journey in the Marvel Universe to date, building on his past to reveal his inescapable future.

PUNISHER, written by Avengers architect Jason Aaron, will be a 13-issue prestige limited series. Running monthly, each issue will be oversized to explore the past, present and future of Frank Castle’s character and reveal where his motivations truly lie. The series will be drawn by Jesús Saiz and Paul Azaceta, with each separately taking on Castle’s present day and Castle’s past through flashbacks, respectively.

“After writing the Punisher over the years, I’ve always been fascinated by the character of Frank Castle. What moments made him the Punisher, even before that fateful day in the park? And how far will he go to win the war that has consumed his life? Spoiler: as far as it damn well takes,” said Aaron. “This story is the destined next step in the dark and tragic evolution of Frank Castle, from troubled kid to heroic soldier to revenge-driven vigilante … to the duly anointed King of Killers. Believe me when I say, I am as excited about this story as anything I’ve ever written for Marvel.”

As the Punisher, Frank Castle has become the most accomplished killer the world has ever seen. After a shocking secret pushes him to become the warlord of The Hand, he now serves The Beast, a role he’s been fated to fulfill. Tragedy, war and rage come together as he takes up his sword and his new armor with the most notorious clan of assassins in the Marvel Universe. Will it mean an end for the Punisher? Or a whole new bloody beginning?

“A few years ago, Jason Aaron came into one of our creative summits with a pitch for Frank that made our collective jaws drop,” said Marvel Editor-in-Chief C.B. Cebulski. “The story Jason is telling — a truly epic tale about darkness, violence, and choices — can only be told with the Punisher at its core. This series will build on Frank’s legacy while introducing us to a side of him we’ve never seen before, setting the stage for an evolution that we’ll find was inevitable.”

• First issue!

SABRETOOTH #2

SAVAGE AVENGERS VOL 5: DEFILEMENT OF ALL THINGS TPB

SPIDER-GWEN: GWENVERSE #1 (OF 5)

Story: Tim Seeley | Art: Jodi Nishijima | Covers: David Nakayama, Greg Land | Teen+ | $4.99

Announced at The Mary Sue, Gwen Stacy is back in an all-new series this February! Gwen Stacy AKA Ghost-Spider will travel through time encountering different versions of herself in SPIDER-GWEN: GWENVERSE by writer Tim Seeley and artist Jodi Nishijima. And to celebrate Marvel Comics’ sweetheart’s new era, superstar artist Greg Land has delivered gorgeous covers for each issue of the limited series. These pinup style covers pay homage to Land’s iconic variant cover of EDGE OF SPIDER-VERSE #2, Ghost-Spider’s first appearance, and feature Gwen in a series of outfits including her time as Nightbird in the recent HEROES REBORN: NIGHT-GWEN one-shot!

When Gwen Stacy was bitten by a radioactive spider, she gained arachnid-like super-powers and started a crimefighting career as Spider-Woman (or as she’s affectionately known to her peers, Ghost-Spider)! But what would have happened if instead she had picked up the enchanted hammer, Mjolnir? Or if she received the Super-Soldier Serum? Or built a high-tech suit of armor? Or … you get the idea!

• First issue!
  • Wait — isn't this more or less the same concept as the What If Miles Morales series that debuted last week?
  • Also, not impressed with the Greg Land covers, as they are really just two covers, light-boxed with the costumes changed. And the backgrounds are all identical.

STAR WARS: CRIMSON REIGN #3

STAR WARS: HAN SOLO & CHEWBACCA #1

STRANGE ACADEMY #17

THOR #23

VENOM #6

WOMEN OF MARVEL #1

Story: Charlie Jane Anders, Mirka Andolfo, Jordie Bellaire, Rhianna Pratchett, Preeti Chhibber, more | Art: Zoe Thorogood, Jen Bartel, Marguerite Sauvage, more | Covers: Mirka Andolfo, Ryan Brown, Ernanda Souza, Ashley Witter

This March, WOMEN OF MARVEL #1 will continue the tradition of highlighting Marvel’s female heroes in an all-new collection of tales crafted by a lineup of incredible female creators! From seasoned veterans to up-and-coming talent, this cast of writers and artists gives their own spin on beloved heroines, showing the fire, mystery, grace and joy that makes them phenomenal women.

Here’s some of the WOMEN OF MARVEL #1 adventures you can look forward to:

• A Squirrel Girl and Black Widow team-up against a maniacal villain in a story that explores the complexities of super hero identities by Hugo award winning writer Charlie Jane Anders and artist Emma Kubert
  • An action-packed Shanna the She-Devil and Silver Sable short sees the jungle ladies battle against wild animal poachers by award winning video game script writer Rhianna Pratchett and artist Alina Erofeeva
  • A dark Jessica Jones tale of compulsion and redemption from celebrated creator Jordie Bellaire and drawn by rising star Zoe Thorogood
  • A fun-filled page-flipper of Black Cat’s greatest failures and latest triumphs by novelist Preeti Chhibber and superstar artists Jen Bartel, Marguerite Sauvage, Eleonora Carlini, Ann Maulina, and Claire Roe
  • A story of magic and hope starring Scarlet Witch by the wildly popular creator Mirka Andolfo, making her Marvel Comics writing debut alongside artist Sumeyye Kesgin

Check out all five covers now and don’t miss the latest must-have from the Voices pull list when WOMEN OF MARVEL #1 arrives on March 9. For more information, visit Marvel.com.

• First issue!

X LIVES OF WOLVERINE #4 (OF 5)

Story: Benjamin Percy | Art: Joshua Cassara | Cover: Adam Kubert | Parental Advisory | $4.99

DAYS OF OMEGA PAST!

WEEK 7 — WOLVERINE. OMEGA RED. Together? 'Nuff said.

• The X Lives and X Deaths books were supposed to alternate weekly. But X Lives #4 didn't ship last week, so this week we get two.

X DEATHS OF WOLVERINE #4 (OF 5)

Story: Benjamin Percy | Art: Federico Vicentini | Cover: Adam Kubert | Parental Advisory | $4.99

KRAKOA IN THE CROSSHAIRS!

WEEK 8 — The chase leads to the mutant nation of Krakoa, as the force of mutantkind's ultimate destruction breaches its borders. Is this the last stand of Xavier's dream? Readers and collectors take note: This will be a major turning point for the X-books!

X-MEN/AVENGERS: ONSLAUGHT OMNIBUS HC NEW PTG

X-MEN LEGENDS #12

Story: Chris Claremont | Art: Scot Eaton | Cover: Alan Davis

This past year, X-MEN LEGENDS has given some of the greatest X-Men creators in history the chance to revisit their classic runs with revelatory new tales that have astounded and delighted X-Men fans. And this February, Chris Claremont, the writer behind the franchise’s most influential works, will make his mark on the series in X-MEN LEGENDS #12. His long-awaited debut on the title will see the writer step back into his unparalleled run on UNCANNY X-MEN in a story set before the start of another one of his iconic works, EXCALIBUR. Teaming up with popular X-Men artist Scot Eaton , the groundbreaking writer will pen an all-new tale centered around the legendary characters he created and defined including Nightcrawler, Kitty Pryde, Mystique and Destiny!

In the aftermath of “Fall of the Mutants,” the X-Men are dead. Or so the world believes. And Mystique seeks revenge on Forge for his role in the loss of Rogue. In order to stop her partner from making a grave mistake, Destiny will have to recruit Nightcrawler and Shadowcat who, injured as they are, must dig deep to find new strength and do what is right as the last X-Men standing!

“It’s always fun wandering back along existing pathways and especially having the opportunity to fill in a couple of nifty gaps that were initially skipped over along the way — closing off one significant story arc and lighting the fire that ignites the series that follows,” Claremont said. “Talk about a treat!”

• I got excited until I noticed that Alan Davis wasn't drawing the interior pages. Nerts.

X-MEN: TRIAL OF MAGNETO TPB

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

•  

OTHER PUBLISHERS

ACG COLLECTED WORKS: ADVENTURES INTO THE UNKNOWN WORLDS SOFTEE VOL 16 

10165253061?profile=RESIZE_710xArt: Ogden Whitney, Hy Eisman, Kurt Schaffenberger, Al Williamson, Leo Morey, Pete Costanza, John Rosenberger, John Forte and Fred Kida. | PS Artbooks | 216 Pages | $24.99

Collects Adventures into the Unknown #90-95 (November 1957-April 1958).

• It's a big week for PS Artbooks. Jeff and I will have to tighten our belts.
    • Here's a preview.

ACG COLLECTED WORKS: FORBIDDEN WORLDS SOFTEE VOL 16               

10165325885?profile=RESIZE_710xArt: Ogden Whitney, Harry Lazarus, John Forte, Paul Reinman, John Rosenberger, Pete Costanza, Kurt Schaffenberger, Dick Beck, Jack Sparling, Ken Landau | PS Artbooks | $29.99

Collects Forbidden Worlds #95-100 (May/June 1961-November/December 1961).

ALL GUTS NO GLORY #2 (OF 3)

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW HORIZONS VOL 2: DESERTED ISLAND DIARY GN

ASTERIX OMNIBUS VOL 6 HC

BETTY & VERONICA FRIENDS FOREVER POWER UPS #1

10176271100?profile=RESIZE_710xStory: Tania Del Rio  | Art: Bill Galvan, Ben Galvan, Glenn Whitmore, Jack Morelli | Cover: Bill Galvan, Ben Galvan, Rosario “Tito” Peña | 32 pages | $2.99

Betty & Veronica level-up in this collection of video game stories! In the BRAND NEW LEAD STORY, Betty is hanging out with Veronica when she gets a distressed call from Jughead in the multiplayer online game “Riververse! He’s in trouble somewhere and needs backup, ASAP! Betty and Veronica log in, determined to save Jughead. Do they have what it takes to battle monsters and recruit some help to save Jughead?

• First issue!
    • I hate to say it, but if new "classic Archie" material is just going to be bad Dan DeCarlo pastiches, maybe it's time to let that interpretation of the character go. There are alternatives now.
    • Here's what I would like to see: A Dan DeCarlo's Betty & Veronica omnibus series. Or The Samm Schwarz Jughead Library series. Or a The Complete Bob Montana series. I bet I wouldn't be the only one buying them.

10176284471?profile=RESIZE_710x10176285481?profile=RESIZE_710x10176285696?profile=RESIZE_710x10176286056?profile=RESIZE_710x10176287099?profile=RESIZE_710x10176292259?profile=RESIZE_710x10176292285?profile=RESIZE_710x10176293280?profile=RESIZE_710xBIGFOOT FRANKENSTEIN #5

BLACK OR WHITE VOL 3 GN

BROKEN EYE #1

10161237089?profile=RESIZE_710xStory: Martin Etxeberria and Xabier Etxeberria | Art: Iñaki Arenas | Cover: Victor Santos | Scout Comics | $3.99

Liverpool (England) in the early '70s. Seamus Young is a young orphan who works unloading garbage in the docks. But his situation will get worse unexpectedly, when he finds a cutaway hand floating in the river and he will be immersed in a criminal conspiracy involving the IRA. And all because of a secret: Seamus has a broken eye by which he can see the past.

• First issue!
    • That's certainly an imaginative "super-power."
    • Here's more.

THE CASE FILES OF JEWELER RICHARD (MANGA) VOL. 1

10092224856?profile=RESIZE_710xStory & Art by: Mika Akatsuki Nanako Tsujimura Utako Yukihiro | Translation: Jacqueline Fung | Adaptation: Ysabet Reinhardt MacFarlane | Lettering: Danya Shevchenko | Seven Seas | Teen (13+) | 186 pages | $12.99

This beautifully illustrated, heartwarming mystery romp is based on the popular light novel series that also inspired an anime!

When Seigi Nakata rescued a handsome young jewelry appraiser from a group of drunken assailants, he got more than he bargained for! The appraiser is Richard Ranasinghe de Vulpian, a brilliant and mysterious British jewelry expert. Seigi hires him to appraise a family heirloom … and that is just the beginning. Together, they unlock the secret messages hidden in the hearts of precious stones — and those who possess them.

THE CIMMERIAN: HOUR OF THE DRAGON #1

10165441281?profile=RESIZE_710x

• First issue!
    • I just finished The Cimmerian Vol. 3, adapting "Iron Shadows in the Moon" and "The Man-Eaters of Zamboula." The art's not always to my taste, but these hardbacks include Robert E. Howard's prose stories, so the series doubles as an REH book collection. That makes it worth it to me, as I've been looking to replace my high school paperbacks, which have long since fallen apart. (YMMV.)
    • Each issue of these titles usually has an homage cover, and this one is no different. See above for an homage to Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars #12.

CONQUEST: JULIUS CAESAR`S GALLIC WAR GN

• We need to stop publishing hagiographies of violent conquerors. Julius Caesar, Alexander the Great, Ivan the Terrible, Napoleon Bonaparte, Josef Stalin, Pol Pot, Adolf Hitler, Cnut the Great, Genghis Khan, Thutmose III, Vladimir Putin and all the others are of a piece: They killed a lot of people and created great suffering for their own selfish power and/or glory. We don't lionize all of them, but the ones we do don't deserve our admiration.
    • I don't know how sympathetic this particular book is to Caesar, but I'm a little weary of his story anyway. Didn't anything other than the Caesar/Marc Antony/Cleopatra saga happen during the hundreds of years the Roman Empire flourished? One thing I liked about HBO's Rome is that it split its focus between the inevitable Caesar story and the lives of two ordinary Roman soldiers. I liked the latter half the most. (And all of the series benefited from some terrific actors.)
    • Sorry for the rant. Ukraine has set me off. Would Ukraine not have happened if we hadn't spent decades, if not centuries, writing book after book about conquerors? No, it probably would have happened anyway, because Putin is a sociopath who is intent on driving the U.S. out of Europe, re-establishing Russian control over Eastern Europe, and bullying the rest of Europe into cowed acqueisance. Nothing will change that. But I'm in a mood.

DAIGO THE BEAST VOL 3 (OF 3) TPB

DELICIOUS IN DUNGEON VOL 10 GN

DEVIL TREE #4

DICK FIGHT ISLAND VOL 2 GN

• The description of this book alone would make Florida Gov. Ron "Don't Say Gay" DeSantis wet his pants. And not in a good way.

DOCTOR WILDER #1 (OF 5)

• First issue!
    • She fights to save wildlife, so I like her already. Given the course we're on, most large mammals (bears, lions, tigers, giraffes, elephants, etc.) will disappear in the next 50 years. And if we lose a few more frogs and bees, the food chain could collapse. Almost makes me glad I'm old and won't live to see most of it.

ELECTRIC CENTURY GN

FANTAGRAPHICS UNDERGROUND: CORONA BIBLE

• Fantagraphics describes their Underground line as "our small-run imprint for a rarefied readership. FU means uncensored expression, author ownership and work that can only be published outside the mainstream. This is a return to our roots — publishing books that are innovative, quirky, idiosyncratic, oddball, experimental or downright crazy."
    • Here's more info on this title.

FANTAGRAPHICS UNDERGROUND: PARTY OF ONE

FANTAGRAPHICS UNDERGROUND: SQUA TRONT 14

FLY ME TO THE MOON VOL 10 GN

FRIEREN: BEYOND JOURNEY'S END VOL 3 GN

GOLDEN AGE CLASSICS FIGHT COMICS VOL 2            

10165333285?profile=RESIZE_710x10165333679?profile=RESIZE_710xArt: Lou Fine, George Tuska, Fletcher Hanks, John Celardo, Bob Powell, Klaus Nordling | PS Artbooks | HC $46.99 / Slipcase $56.99 / Softee $26.99

Featuring Power Man aka Rip Regan who is given a "power suit" by his friend and mentor Dr. Austin which gives him super-strength, imperviousness and enables him to perform superhuman leaps. Alongside other classic comic heroes from Fiction House such as Shark Brodie, Kinks Mason, Spy Fighter, Chip Collins, Big Red Mclane, Kayo Kirby, Oran of the Jungle and Strut Warren. Collects Fight Comics #4-6 (April-June 1940).

GRAND BLUE DREAMING VOL 15 GN

H.P. LOVECRAFT: STATEMENT OF RANDOLPH CARTER

HAKUMEI & MIKOCHI VOL 9 GN

HEADLAND

• Another Fantagraphics Underground title, although not labeled as such.
    • Here's more info.

HILDEBRAND: VALKYRIE VOL 1

HIT ME #1

10165513056?profile=RESIZE_710x10165516452?profile=RESIZE_710xStory: Christa Faust | Art: Priscilla Petraites, Marco Lesko | Covers: Jeff Dekal, Mike Deodata | AWA Studios | $3.99

A high-octane crime thriller from Christa Faust (Bad Mother, Redemption) and Priscilla Petraites (Chariot). Lulu has a very unique profession: She gets paid by the bruise. When she is witness to the execution of one of her regular clients, she escapes into the night with a briefcase filled with diamonds and a pack of killers on her trail. Navigating the dark underbelly of decaying, early-'90s Atlantic City, one step ahead of her pursuers, Lulu must call upon every one of her street-born instincts and underworld connections in what will be the longest — and possibly last — night of her life!

• First issue!
    • Also: No. No, no, no. Call me hypersensitive, call me too woke, call me a delicate flower, I don't care: I find nothing entertaining about women being hit. I don't care if they're into it, I don't care if it's some sort of accepted form of S&M prostitution, I don't care if it's just background, I don't even care if it's faked. The protagonist's "job" is some form of pornography I don't have a name for, the kind with no socially redeeming value, one that normalizes violence against women, and I wouldn't read a story set in that world with a gun to my head.

HUMAN REMAINS #6

JUDGE DREDD COMPLETE CASE FILES VOL 37 TPB

KIRBY MANGA MANIA VOL 4 GN

KNIGHTS OF THE DINNER TABLE #291

10167265689?profile=RESIZE_710x

• Here's an homage to Justice League of America #8. Are any other fields as openly admiring of their past as comic books?

LIFE IS STRANGE: SETTLING DUST #4 (OF 4)

10167365856?profile=RESIZE_710xStory: Emma Vieceli | Art: Claudia Leonardi, Andrea Izzo | Covers: Emma Vieceli, game art, Claudia Leonardi | Titan Comics | 32 pages | $3.99

THE HEART- WRENCHING CONCLUSION TO MAX & CHLOE'S EPIC COMICS JOURNEY!

Max finally believes that she has found a way to cross the timelines and return to the woman she loves, Chloe Price. Features the comic debut of fan favorite characters Steph Gingrich and Victoria Chase from the original game.

10167368890?profile=RESIZE_710x10167368898?profile=RESIZE_710x10167369099?profile=RESIZE_710x10167369671?profile=RESIZE_710x10167369852?profile=RESIZE_710x10167369885?profile=RESIZE_710x10167370093?profile=RESIZE_710x

• LONESOME VOL 2: THE RUFFIANS GN

10093149278?profile=RESIZE_710xStory/Art: Yves Swolfs I Cinebook | 12 and up | 56 pages | $13.95

True to his word, Mayor Harper has brought in a Marshall to get rid of "Lonesome," thrown in jail by a repentant sheriff. But it takes more than that to stop the lone rider in his quest for revenge, and he is soon back on the trail of Markham, the mad preacher. When a band of Ruffians — pro-slavery vigilantes and sworn enemies of Markham — intercept our hero, an unexpected encounter will provide him with an opportunity to learn more about the mysterious figures pulling all the strings ...

LUCKY LUKE VOL 80: THE ALIBI TPB

LUNAR ROOM #3

MAO VOL 4 GN

MERLIN & HECTOR #2

MESSY ROOTS GRAPHIC MEMOIR OF WUHANESE AMERICAN GN

MISTY PRESENTS: THE JAUME RUMEU COLLECTION GN

NEW YORK NEW YORK VOL 1 GN

NINJAK (2021) VOL 1 TPB

OMEGA #3 (OF 4)

OUT OF THE BLUE COMPLETE TPB

PANDORA IN CRIMSON SHELL GHOST URN VOL 15 GN

PERHAPANAUTS: TRIANGLE #1

10161276254?profile=RESIZE_710x10161282500?profile=RESIZE_710xStory: Todd Dezago | Art/Cover: Craig Rousseau | $3.99

BLACK CARAVAN IMPRINT: So, let’s say you have a real thing about paranormal investigation. And let’s also say that you have a good friend who is the Mothman and he has a GPS that works through time. What would you do? Well, if you’re The PERHAPANAUTS, you’d round up the gang and head back to Van Meter, Iowa, 1903, to find out just who or what was The mysterious VAN METER VISITOR — which they do in the all-new Perhapanauts Non-Stop number one!

• First issue!

POKEMON JOURNEYS SERIES VOL 2 GN

PRE-CODE CLASSICS: STRANGE WORLDS SOFTEE VOL 1  $26.99

10165351882?profile=RESIZE_710xArt: Gene Fawcette, Al Williamson, Joe Kubert, Wallace Wood, Frank Frazetta | PS Artbooks | $26.99

Avon calling, kiddies! Yes, Avon's mesmerizing Strange Worlds is available for the first time ever in our handy SOFTEE format! With five — yes, count 'em — five variant covers available for you to collect! So the same book but with five different covers! We've got two covers by Gene Fawcette, two by Wally Wood, and one by Everett Raymond Kinstler. Volume One features the talents of Gene Fawcette, Joe Kubert, Carmine Infantino, Jon Small, John Giunta, Wally Wood, Walter Palais, Everett Raymond Kinstler, Sid Greene, Al Williamson, Frank Frazetta, Roy Krenkel, Howard Larsen, Joe Orlando, Rafael Astarita, Charles Sultan, George Tuska, Norman Nodel, and Ed Goldfarb. Collects Strange Worlds #1-5 (November 1950-November 1951).

PRE-CODE CLASSICS: STRANGE WORLDS SOFTEE VOL 2  $26.99

10165352254?profile=RESIZE_710xArt: Gene Fawcette, Joe Kubert, Wallace Wood, Joe Orlando, Everett Raymond Kinstler, Sid Check | PS Artbooks | $26.99

Collects issues #6-9 (February-November 1952) and #18 (Oct/Nov 1954).

PRIMOS #2 (OF 4)

PS ARTBOOKS CLASSIC SCI-FI COMICS VOL 4

10165349052?profile=RESIZE_710x10165349663?profile=RESIZE_710xArt: Rocco Mastroserio, John Celardo, Ross Andru, Jack Katz, Nick Cardy, Alex Toth, Art Saaf, Ruben Moreira, Al Plastino, Ralph Mayo, Carl Burgos, Russ Heath | PS Artbooks | HC $46.99 / Softee $26.99

PS Artbooks presents Classic Sci-Fi Comics Volume 4 including Lost Worlds, Zip Jet and Space Mysteries, all reproduced completely from cover to cover, just like the original comics and absolutelly crammed with the cream of 1950s comic book talent. Don't hang around for too long; these beauties they won't be in orbit forever! Collects Lost Worlds #5-6 (1952), Zip Jet #1-2 (1953), and Space Mysteries #1 (1958).

PS ARTBOOKS: PLANET COMICS SOFTEE VOL 9

10165258252?profile=RESIZE_710xArt: George Appel, Joseph Doolin, Richard Case, Graham Ingels, Karen Karol, Robert Webb, Fran Hopper, Lee Elias, Jim Mooney, Alex A. Blum, Lily Renee | PS Artbooks | $26.99

Collects Planet Comics #25-27 (July-November 1943).

PS ARTBOOKS PLANET COMICS SOFTEE VOL 10

10165259467?profile=RESIZE_710xArt: Joe Doolin, Graham Ingels, Fran Hopper, George Appel, Alex Blum, Lily Renee, Lee Elias, Richard Case and George Tuska | PS Artbooks | $26.99

Collects Planet Comics #28-30 (January-May 1944).

PS ARTBOOKS PLANET COMICS SOFTEE VOL 11

(A) Joe Kubert, Joseph Doolin, Graham Ingels, Fran Hopper, Lee Elias, Lily Renee, George Appel, George Tuska, Murphy Anderson | PS Artbooks | $26.99

Collects Planet Comics #31-34 (July 1944-January 1945).

PUNCHLINE COLORING BOOK

RE ZERO SLIAW CHAPTER 4 VOL 3 GN

RED ROOM: TRIGGER WARNINGS #1

10163519884?profile=RESIZE_710xStory/Art: Ed Piskor | Fantagraphics | $3.99

The best-selling, most talked about series of 2020 kicks off its second four-issue “season” with another self-contained mini-masterpiece of monthly comics storytelling. In this issue, the Decimator presents... The Rat Queens! And unfortunately for them, they are front and center in his most horrific red room broadcast yet! As seen on the YouTube channel sensation, Cartoonist Kayfabe, from the creator of X-Men: Grand Design and Hip Hop Family Tree!

• First issue!
    • Lots of variant covers, but here's the most interesting one: an homage to Zap Comix #1:

10165421281?profile=RESIZE_710x

• Here's a preview:

10163520453?profile=RESIZE_710x10163520266?profile=RESIZE_710x10163520657?profile=RESIZE_710xRICK AND MORTY ANNIHILATION TOUR TP #0

RICK AND MORTY INFINITY HOUR #1

ROY THOMAS PRESENTS BRIEFER FRANKENSTEIN SOFTEE VOL 1

10165357286?profile=RESIZE_710xStory: Roy Thomas, Don Glut, Dick Briefer | Art/Cover: Dick Briefer | PS Artbooks | $36.99

Dick Briefer's Frankenstein for Prize Comics is widely regarded as being America's first ongoing horror series. Indeed, it was Briefer's work that probably caused the creature to be actually named as Frankenstein instead of the nameless monstrosity from Shelley's novel. Splitting the stories between the twin stools of humor and horror, Briefer's tales are absorbing and unsettling in equal parts. Some of the humorous material has already been reprinted, though not necessarily in order nor in total. Until now, of course!  Reprints Prize Comics stories issues #7-37 (December 1940-December 1943).

SACRIFICIAL PRINCESS & KING BEASTS VOL 14 GN

SILVER AGE CLASSICS: BRAIN BOY VOL 1

10165352477?profile=RESIZE_710xStory: Herb Castle | Art: Gil Kane, Frank Springer, Bernie Krigstein, Murphy Anderson | Cover: Victor Prezio | PS Artbooks | HC $46.99 / Slipcase $56.99 / Softee $26.99

Brain Boy by the amazing Frank Springer (best known for Marvel Comics' Dazzler and Nick Fury, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.) is a heady mix of superhero, fantasy, supernatural, horror, suspense, science fiction and spy adventures! Brain Boy aka Matt Price Jr. works for the "Organisation of Active Anthropologists," in reality a special counter-intelligence branch of the U.S Secret Service that fights Communists and aliens. Brain Boy reads minds, uses telekinesis to lift objects or make himself fly, controls minds, alters emotional states, and is also super intelligent. However, using his powers takes a lot of mental energy, especially when facing another telepath and he could become exhausted quickly. Collects Four Color #1330 and Brain Boy #2 -3 (April/June 1962-February 1963), plus Ziff Davis' Space Busters #1-2 (Spring-Fall 1952).

• The Brain Boy material has already been reprinted in hardcover by Dark Horse. Which I have. But I'll get this anyway for the back-up material.
    • Here's a preview.

SILVER AGE CLASSICS MYSTERIES OF UNEXPLORED WORLDS VOL 3

10165405884?profile=RESIZE_710x10165408463?profile=RESIZE_710xArt: Dick Giordano, Bill Molno, Steve Ditko, Rocco Mastroserio, Gene Colan, Bill Fraccio | PS Artbooks | HC $46.99 / Slipcase $56.99 / Softee $26.99

With a superb concoction of fantastic fantasy-supernatural and horror tales and mind-blowing science fiction stories from a roster of writers and artists. All here, reproduced completely from cover to cover as they should be — just like the original comic! Collects Mysteries of Unexplored Worlds #11-15 (January-October 1959).

SOLTAIC: ONE SMALL SPARK #1

10093151658?profile=RESIZE_710xStory/Art/Cover: Christopher Williams | Scout Comics | $1.99

In a world where freelance superheroes are outlawed, former hero in hiding Lexa will do anything to save her super-powered daughter from becoming a superhero.

Scout is excited to announce the premiere of Chris Williams’ electrifying new comic book, Soltaic!  Fans of New Mutants and His Dark Materials will enjoy this captivating series.  Soltaic will be a young adult, NonStop release with the first issue coming in February March and the entire first graphic novel in stores later this year.

In Soltaic, Lexa is a single mother, and an outcast hero in hiding, who was once known as Elysium. She and her super-powered daughter, Harper, are just trying to get by in a world where freelance Extraordinaries have been outlawed. When young people with powers begin to disappear, the relationship between mother and teenager grows tense. Lexa has devoted her life to protecting her child and knows firsthand the pitfalls of being a hero. She doesn’t want her daughter to get involved, but Harper wants to protect the new generation of Extraordinaries.

Chris Williams spent over seven years developing and refining Soltaic, his first published comic.  The creator comments, ”That’s most of my son’s life, he’s 11.”  Chris worked hard to achieve his childhood dream and pushed himself “not to just get it done, but to make sure it was my best effort.”  The writer/artist/colorist says that someone once told him to “own his power;” that’s advice he’d like to pass on to aspiring creators everywhere.

• First issue!

10093152064?profile=RESIZE_710x10093152265?profile=RESIZE_710x10093152459?profile=RESIZE_710x10093152291?profile=RESIZE_710x10093152860?profile=RESIZE_710xSPACE BASTARDS COST OF DOING BUSINESS VOL 2

SQUIRE GN

SUNDOME MILKY WAY VOL 3 GN

SWAN SONG VOL 1 (OF 2)  GN

10167272672?profile=RESIZE_710xStory: Xavier Dorison, Emmanuel Herzet | Art: Cédric Babouche | Cinebook | 15+ | 64 pages | $XX

1917. Nivelle — "the butcher" — commands the French Army, and the attacks he keeps ordering are pointless slaughters. The soldiers can’t take it any more. Discontent is turning into rebellion, and a petition is being circulated in secret. When it makes its way to the men of Sergeant Sabiane, something snaps in them, and what begins as a simple cry of defiance becomes a full-blown mutiny when a handful of them decide to take the petition to Paris …

• First issue!

SWAN SONG VOL 2 (OF 2): IF JUST ONE LISTENS GN

• Last issue!

THAT TIME I REINCARNATED AS A SLIME MONSTER NATION VOL 5 GN

TOILET BOUND HANAKO KUN VOL 00 GN

TREASURY OF BRITISH COMICS: TOM PATERSON COLLECTION HC

UNWANTED UNDEAD ADVENTURER VOL 4 GN

USAGI YOJIMBO VOL 1: RONIN (NEW PTG) TPB

USAGI YOJIMBO VOL 3: WANDERER'S ROAD (NEW PTG) TPB

USAGI YOJIMBO VOL 4: DRAGON BELLOW CONSPIRACY (NEW PTG) TPB

USAGI YOJIMBO VOL 5: LONE GOAT & KID (NEW PTG) TPB

VIETNAM JOURNAL: HAMBURGER HILL

WE LIVE: AGE OF THE PALLADIONS — BLACK #1

WE LIVE: AGE OF THE PALLADIONS — WHITE #1

• First issues!
    • Obviously, these titles are related. The two books seem to describe the same events from different perspectives, or perhaps in different parallel worlds. The hows and whys are provided here, along with covers and previews.

WORLD OF BETTY & VERONICA JUMBO COMICS DIGEST #13

WORLD WAR 3: BATTLE OVER HOKKAIDO #1 (OF 5)

XIII MYSTERY VOL 2: IRINA GN

MAGAZINES

COMIC SHOP NEWS #1803

DOCTOR WHO MAGAZINE #571

MONSTER BASH MAGAZINE #45

PS ARTBOOK NIGHTMARE MAGAZINE #1

BOOKS

ACCOMPLISHMENTS OF THE DUKE’S DAUGHTER VOL. 4  LIGHT NOVEL

10032561869?profile=RESIZE_710xStory & Art: Reia Hazuki Futaba | Airship | Teen (13+) | 260 pages | $14.99

SACRIFICE YOUR HEART

Having rescued her people in the eastern territories and thwarted another plot to undermine Armelia, Iris throws herself back into the work of governing her duchy. It’s only through work that she can make herself forget her growing feelings for Dean, but she can’t avoid thoughts of marriage forever. A foreign prince has come to the duchy seeking an alliance — and Iris’s hand to cement the deal. If Iris gives herself to the prince, she secures Armelia’s future…and gives up her heart forever.

FANTASTIC COMIC ART TECHNIQUES OF PAUL DAVIDSON REMARKED HC

KING OF THE LABYRINTH VOL 3 HC LIGHT NOVEL

MARVEL'S BLACK PANTHER: SHURI — DEFENDER OF WAKANDA GN

TRAPPED IN A DATING SIM: THE WORLD OF OTOME GAMES IS TOUGH FOR MOBS VOL. 5 LIGHT NOVEL

10032547095?profile=RESIZE_710xStory & Art: Yomu Mishima Monda | Airship | Teen (13+) | 428 pages | $14.99

GUARDIAN OF THE TREE — AND THE PRIESTESS

Against his wishes, Leon keeps getting pulled deeper and deeper into these otome game plotlines. Somehow, he’s ended up with the Guardian Crest of the Sacred Tree, which is supposed to manifest on the hand of the chosen love interest. But Noelle, the new protagonist, couldn’t possibly feel such things for him, right? He’s going to have to figure it out fast, or Noelle might be swept away by men with far darker intentions for the Alzer Republic … and for Noelle herself.

• "Still anxiously awaiting the Norse Mythology II collection."

It was solicited for April 13 release (FWIW).

"It's a big week for PS Artbooks. Jeff and I will have to tighten our belts."

Thanks for the heads up. I never know when those are going to ship, and they always dump a ton at once. I don't buy the "softees," though. I may soon make the switch from PSArtbooks to Gwandanaland.

Oh, Dick Briefer's Frankenstein. Volumes 1 & 2 will not be offered in HC (although 3-8 already were). Then, to add insult to injury, after I pre-ordered both volumes, a slip-cased set was offered!

• You mentioned the Frankenstein slipcase before, and I immediately contacted customer service at Westfield, where I had ordered the books. They let me cancel, so I’ll order the slipcase when it’s listed. I know it’s cold comfort, but I have you to thank for the heads up.

• I made a deal with the owner of my LCS; he's going to let me get the slipcase. 

• Huzzah! We both scored!

• "It's a big week for PS Artbooks."

I ended up buying three. Two of them I bought were Unexplored Worlds v3 and Classic Sci-Fi Comics v4. When I got home I discovered I didn't have Unexplored Worlds v2 and Classic Sci-Fi Comics v3. I called my LCS to check and was told that, according to Diamond's site, those volumes never shipped. He's following up with Diamond and will let me know. (I'd contact PS Artbooks directly, but they're not good about responding to customer concerns.) What about you? Do you have those two? 

• I don't have them. But I'm always behind when it comes to PS Artbooks, since I get them in monthly shipments. I'm due another box soon.

• UPDATE: By the most preposterous of coincidences, my Westfield shipment has just arrived!! And yes, it contained Unexplored Worlds v3 and Classic Sci-Fi Comics v4. The list of items I've ordered that have not shipped indicates that the previous volumes haven't come yet. So evidently PS Artbooks shipped them out of order.

• Thanks. I did try contacting PS Artbooks directly but haven't heard back (and, frankly, don't expect too). When I go to my LCS tomorrow, I'll see if the owner has heard back from Diamond. I'll report back here as soon as I know anything definitive. 

This reply was deleted.