Criminal Minds: "Amplification"

Views: 8777

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ah, thanks! Baby Cart in Peril is the one I don't have. 

We finished season one of The Mandolorian last night and were both surprised to discover there's already a second season in the can. I've decided to watch this series as a casual fan. I have some questions, but they're not the kind a "casual fan" would ask, so I'll have to forego them. Besides, we'll be attending a little get-together at the home of the "the biggest Star Wars fan I know" next weekend and I can get some clarification then.

The Mandalorians distrust of mechanicals hearkens back to Munden's Bar's ban of tourbots.

The "killer-nanny" robot looks as if it might have been designed by Steve Rude. 

This morning I finished watch the final season of Bosch. This was a solid show, and I always enjoyed it. I just can't believe it had 7 seasons.

THE HISTORY OF THE SIT-COM: That CNN docu-series about the history of the late night talk show last month was pretty interesting. Tomorrow night (Sunday), the first two episodes of The History of the Sit-Com air. I've already learned something I did not know just from the commercials! 

I also enjoyed the History of Late Night and am looking forward to this series.

Jeff of Earth-J said:

THE HISTORY OF THE SIT-COM: That CNN docu-series about the history of the late night talk show last month was pretty interesting. Tomorrow night (Sunday), the first two episodes of The History of the Sit-Com air. I've already learned something I did not know just from the commercials! 

Just finished season two of The Mandalorian. It was far better than I expected it to be.

THE CLONE WARS: Watched season one, episode one. It lived up to my lowest expectations.

Watched the second season of “Black Summer.” Still an unnerving show, and everything “Walking Dead” should be but isn’t.

Watched the pilot of SurrealEstate and enjoyed it. I think what we might need right now is a slightly goofy, Buffyesque contemporary supernatural show that channels some of the lighter approaches TV took in the 1990s, provides some scares, and doesn’t require yet another platform subscription to watch (in Canada and the U.S.). A real estate agency deals with haunted (or “stigmatized”—they don’t like the “h” word) properties. Since supernatural doings seriously affect the value of the property, they either clear up issues that aren’t otherworldly, or clean up those that are. It may also be the first international show filmed in Canada's Maritime provinces. The other coast and Toronto get lots of productions, but the east coast has a distinct beauty that hasn't been exploited as much on camera.

Note: I have not watched the Korean series, 대박부동산 (Sell Your Haunted House), which has a similar premise and, I am told, a similar blend of drama, comedy, and horror.

And I finally started watching the first season last night! I enjoyed the first two episodes, and I'm happy to hear I have more good stuff to look forward to.

Captain Comics said:

Watched the second season of “Black Summer.” Still an unnerving show, and everything “Walking Dead” should be but isn’t.

BONANZA & RIFLEMAN UPDATE: Tracy and I together are on season five of Bonanza; by myself I'm closing in on the end of season eleven; on Rifleman we're in the middle of season three. today we watched the episode in which Lucas is (temporarily) blinded by an explosion, and we paired it by jumping ahead a bit to the S12 episode in which Little Joe is (temporarily) blinded by an explosion. I have a strong memory of watching that as a kid (must have been first run), but I didn't see it a second time until today (using the internet to help me track it down).

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2021   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service