In previous years, this was a memory box so we didn't miss any good nominations for the Cappies. With the Cappies hypertimed away, that doesn't mean we have to discontinue these threads. I've always liked going back at the end of the year and seeing the books and stories and moments that people really champion -- including plenty of stuff that I've forgotten about come Christmastime. 

So have at it, Legionnaires! It's a bold new year! What in 2017 has knocked you out?

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Is that a Frank Miller cover in the Archer and Armstrong book?

• It is, and I'm a little disappointed that it was chosen for the cover. This was the era of "zero issues," and the real first issue was #0 by BWS. It was also the era of crossovers, and the second and third issues were part of eight interlocking covers; the first months were all by Frank Miller, and the second month's by Walt Simonson. BWS wrote and drew the first twelve issues, which are what is included in the tpb. It's a quirky little series and I recommend it it anyone who has not read it, particularly fans of BWS's work.

04565017376.0.gif

Here's what they look like all together:

4mnkq5vvo7g81.jpg

• time2-omnibus-hc_059b737708.jpg

• Windfall! All these shipped today.

First there's the Bill Everett volume of Atlas Era Venus:

STL292054.jpg

Then there's an EC collection featuring the artwork of Jack Kamen:

STL298325.jpg

Then there's the first omnibus edition of Marvel's version of the Micronauts:

11214552095?profile=original

Finally, there's the second Marvel Masterworks Captain America collection of the DeMatteis/Zeck era.

034303722055_big.jpg

Life is good.

• I ordered my Venus from Instocktrades this morning. I should have it mid-week, next week.

This reply was deleted.