Beer!

I can't believe we've gone this long without starting a beer thread. I enjoyed the one on the old board and actually tried some of the beverages that were liked by others. I've discovered that I really like Sam Adams Oktoberfest. I've never enjoyed the Boston Lager but this Oktoberfest is good stuff. I also finally tried Yeungling Black & Tan. Also very good.

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 12159213296?profile=original12159213859?profile=original12159214272?profile=original12159214460?profile=originalFun fact! I had to rotate every single image, even though the originals were right-side-up. Does the new site do that AIish thing where it decides how the image should be oriented?

• 12159344080?profile=original12159344290?profile=original12159344886?profile=originalA local bar does theme weeks. Last week was the Belgian Beer week. At "6:00" they would tap a certain keg and giveaway glasses as long as they last. I missed Monday, but sill ended up with 5 glasses as I got 2 different ones from Duvel.
    The big finale was the Delerium glass with an elephant runk as the stem, that my friend missed out on 2 years. I was also told the Delerium Black is one of the best beers ever. I thought it was pretty average. Another frined absolutely hated it, as it has coffee in it. Which is a complaint from both of us, it doesn't seem like a brewery can make a dark beer without a coffee flavor.

Lastly, when I was cleaning the Chimay glass, I thought there was something really stuck to the bottom of the glass that I couldn't get out. I looked into it to see what was going on it has a little fleur-de-lis etched into it.

None of the beers this time really blew me away.

JD, I too had to rotate my images.

• I'm okay with Delirium, but I've had better strong beers. I do mention it in a story, though.

The "86" is a Dutch import. The rest of my photos are regional, from various places around the province. I spent an hour trimming those stairs in the first picture. We were staying on Lake Huron at a cottage belonging to a 95-year-old woman we know.

• Yeah, your pics are a lot nicer than the ones taken on my kitchen table.

• 12184032689?profile=RESIZE_930x

• Fat Ass is a winery, but I suggested Tracy post it anyway as a seque into...

SOUTHERN DRAWL DRY-HOPPED PILSNER: This is brewed by Great Raft Brewing of Shreveport, La., 5% ABV. It is described as a Pilsner, but let's face it: it's an I.P.A. If it had been described as an I.P.A. (very hoppy) I wouldn't have bought it, but I'm glad I did. It's the perfect beer for a hot day (and it's plenty hot in Texas today, believe me).

Incidentally, this is the first six pack I've bought in a year. I stopped drinking entirely from August 2022 until January 2023, and since then I've bought only individual "oilcans" of Fosters Lager and Permium Ale. 

• Neat glass, but that beer is all you.

I know a few people who tolerate IPAs just because they normally have a high ABV, which that ain't me. I wanna a beer that actually tastes good.

• 12263345479?profile=RESIZE_710x

• Me and a friend of mine got an Advent Calendar of beers from Aldi, so far, so terrible. I've had one that was okay, and so far all of the rest are just too hoppy for me. Including the one called American Pilsner. I also doubt the validty of the beers since they are all from the same brewry. My friend has already had all of them, and he said they suck, so I'm not too enthusiastic.

This reply was deleted.