Ok, how about this for an idea.  We take it in turns to post a favourite (British spelling) comic cover every day.  This went really well on the comic fan website that I used to frequent.  What we tried to do was find a theme or subject and follow that, until we all got bored with that theme.  I'd like to propose a theme of letters of the alphabet. So, for the remainder of October (only 5 days) and all of November, we post comic cover pictures associated with the letter "A".  Then in December, we post covers pertaining to the letter "B".  The association to the letter can be as tenuous as you want it to be. For example I could post a cover from "Adventure Comics" or "Amazing Spider Man".  However Spider Man covers can also be posted when we're on the letter "S".  Adventure Comic covers could also be posted when we're on the letter "L" if they depict the Legion of Super Heroes.  So, no real hard, fast rules - in fact the cleverer the interpretation of the letter, the better, as far as I'm concerned.

And it's not written in stone that we have to post a cover every day. There may be some days when no cover gets posted. There's nothing wrong with this, it just demonstrates that we all have lives to lead.

If everyone's in agreement I'd like to kick this off with one of my favourite Action Comic covers, from January 1967. Curt Swan really excelled himself here.

Views: 96973

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

JD DeLuzio said:

Now I want to know what circumstances led to "Annabel" crossing the Arctic wastes on an elephant.

Oh - I've just noticed.  Annabel.  Hannibal.

That can't be a coincidence, can it?  (I'm not talking about Hannibal Lecter here).

I believe this is our second Maya cover of the month. I have never seen Maya. I had never even heard of Maya. Apparently, she is a valuable prize, and the show briefly made Former Child Star Poster Boy Jay North a teen idol.

We're through the looking-glass people:

Richard Willis said:

In 1961, a magician gifted the Kennedy family with a rabbit! Ten years earlier, the Dept. of Health started fluoridating the water. Two years later, Marvin P. Middlemark invents "rabbit ears" antennae. Both soon proliferate Are you trying to tell me it's just coincidence? Time will only tell what role the elephants played in all of this, but let me ask you: have you ever seen an elephant with COVID-19? No one ever suspects the elephants.

"No one ever suspects the elephants."

That's because they're undercover!

"C'mon, Tantor! You know my dad!"

Judging from the covers of DC's Korak, Son of Tarzan and Tarzan Family alone, the Prince of the Jungle had more esoteric and fanciful adventures than his father did in his book! 

April, what a weird month it’s been, is quickly dwindling away.  That can only mean it’s time to start clearing out the files.

Here’s a couple I’ve had in the files that have already had their American versions posted.

Opps, it looks like only one showed up.

I can see 2 covers - Brasinha (Hot Stuff), and Hanna Berbera TV Stars.  It seems to be an occasional glitch that eventually clears itself up. 

Dave Palmer said:

Opps, it looks like only one showed up.

I've noticed before that a second cover image sometimes takes longer to show up. The next time I look it's there.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service