Views: 56287

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The digging for underground museum parking finds a wealth of large and small fossils from the age of mammoths.

Tar Pits Project 23

California lacks dinosaur fossils because it wasn't dry land in their time.

The Sheik of Araby, as performed by Spike Jones and His City Slickers. According to the poster's note this is a "Forties "soundie"- made for film cartridge "video" juke boxes". I'd not heard of them before. Spike Jones and His City Slickers were the comic band that introduced Der Fuehrer's face. The Sheik of Araby wasn't introduced by the band and goes back to 1921. 

Things that apparently happened this year:

Rebecca Black returned as a post-ironic queer icon with a bunch of new songs and a remix of "Friday."

When Harlan Ellison visited the University of Memphis for a couple of days in 1985, he saw an article in the school newspaper about his visit and took exception to being called a "science fiction writer." He had a short rant about it in one of the lectures he was giving. The next day, the paper had another article about his appearance and labeled him "science writer, Harlan Ellison." He had great fun ranting about that one that afternoon.

Richard Willis said:

Sometimes, I'm on this site, and it says Members Online (1), and I check to see who the one member is.

Is anyone else finding that alerts to updates on posts are inconsistent?

Gif unrelated:

I wonder what he's playing... "The Imperial March" (Darth Vader's theme) I hope. Too bad there's no sound.

It's probably me. When I open my browser in the morning I'm already signed in. I often go to bed at 1:30 AM Pacific Time, which would be 4:30 AM Eastern Time, unless I have a morning appointment. That's when it probably signs me off.

For a long time the "Members Online" feature didn't work. I see it does now.

The Baron said:

Sometimes, I'm on this site, and it says Members Online (1), and I check to see who the one member is.

JD DeLuzio said:

Is anyone else finding that alerts to updates on posts are inconsistent?

Yes. Today there were several posts it didn't tell me about.

I've just uploaded a video with some tech tips for students and teachers for my school, so, if you've wondered what I might look or sound like, have a look at this video.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2021   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service