Views: 59775

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Where I live, two days from now they are predicting 96°F (43°C) and 40% chance of rain with scattered thundershowers. This is in the middle of an extended drought. Also, lightning may start more fires. Oh well!

I get it! Krypto currency!

You are correct, sir!

Captain Comics said:

I get it! Krypto currency!

Martinis are made with gin.

Chili does not have beans in it.

Whereas it's perfectly all right to make a martini with vodka or chili with beans, the proper names for those concoctions are (respectively), a vodka martini and chili with beans.

It is incorrect (unnecessary) to say gin martini or chili (no beans).

Having said that, we should all be able to drink our martinis and eat our chili however we so choose

The local Dollar (and a Quarter) Tree carries canned Chili Without Beans, which is actually quite good, all things considered.

Jeff of Earth-J said:

Martinis are made with gin.

Chili does not have beans in it.

Whereas it's perfectly all right to make a martini with vodka or chili with beans, the proper names for those concoctions are (respectively), a vodka martini and chili with beans.

It is incorrect (unnecessary) to say gin martini or chili (no beans).

Having said that, we should all be able to drink our martinis and eat our chili however we so choose

The local comic book convention, Forest City Comicon, returned. I had a great time, ran a panel, sold/signed some books, and picked up some inexpensive finds.

I also made a video. I assumed, as in the past, copyright would just get me flagged and a warning that the video could not be monetized, which is of no concern to me. However, this one is blocked in the U.S. due to a snippet of Blondie singing "The Tide is High"! If you're living elsewhere or know a way around the block, you can watch it:

Can't see it and don't know a way around the block.

If it's a snippet, can you edit it out?

I could, but it would wreck the video, and nearly everyone at the convention lives in Canada. If you message me with your email, I could send you access to the copy in my gmail drive. I don't know if it's the same quality, however.

Richard Willis said:

Can't see it and don't know a way around the block.

If it's a snippet, can you edit it out?

My wife and just assembled 2 short bookshelves and a chair. I am feeling very stabby.

From Den of Geek:

Blade Runner Became a Sci-fi Classic by Being a Terrible Philip K. Dick Adaptation

Story

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Fixed Points in Time
"Hmm... even though that story is not tied to a specific date, it's historic enough to be…"
7 minutes ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Captain Comics's discussion Comics Guide: Sept. 26-Oct. 2, 2022
"Note to wrestling comics fans: this week's Florida Man #3 (see above) is structured around a…"
9 minutes ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion She-Hulk
"It was not my intention to post about each issue individually, although I just might anyway. My…"
14 minutes ago
Travis Herrick (Modular Mod) replied to Captain Comics's discussion Comics Guide: Sept. 26-Oct. 2, 2022
"Cap said: Totally agree, Cap! I really enjoy the wide selection we have now, since my tastes have…"
21 minutes ago
Luis Olavo de Moura Dantas replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Fixed Points in Time
"Superman Family #182 (April 1977) has a Supergirl story tied to Viking 1 making its way to…"
30 minutes ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Fixed Points in Time
"I would classify that as "fuzzy" because there's no historical event to…"
31 minutes ago
Travis Herrick (Modular Mod) replied to Wandering Sensei: Moderator Man's discussion What Comic Books Have You Read Today?
"Batman: Dear Detective: This is the Lee Bremejo joint in which he creates a story based on his…"
33 minutes ago
Travis Herrick (Modular Mod) replied to Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod)'s discussion DC's Digital Backlist
"Rob said It does make me wonder how big that team is that takes care of this process. I say this as…"
41 minutes ago
Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod) replied to Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod)'s discussion DC's Digital Backlist
"And one more thing... maybe the most off-model Darkseid I've ever seen:"
1 hour ago
Dave Elyea replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Fixed Points in Time
"How about this one: in Teen Titans #4 (July-August 1966), we're shown a flashback to the…"
1 hour ago
Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod) replied to Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod)'s discussion DC's Digital Backlist
"Secret Society of Super-Villains 4 is even more of a mishmosh than usual, with lots of little…"
1 hour ago
"Got a nice response from someone at DC almost immediately after I posted my message. They'll…"
1 hour ago

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service