Views: 46857

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"Cuddles - An American flapper at King Arthur's Court." Whatever happened to the days when comic strips would do things so out there you couldn't even imagine where they were going with an idea?

Since I posted the last link Four-Color Shadows has added further posts on the Christmas strips of 1943, 1978, 1962, 1951, 1968 and 1932. Merry Christmas, all.

MSN proudly insists Santa Claus' red suit was made by Coca-Cola. Do they actually hire reporters or just have people send in whatever they want to talk about?

Merry Christmas!

And as Tiny Tim said "Tiptoe through the window...er, I mean, God bless us, every one!"

Nice!

PowerBook Pete, the Mad Mod said:

The art of Chesley Bonestell and Lucien Rudaux. My hat tip for the first link.

This post displaced the the thread On the Chopping Block from the homepage.

I've been reading Wikipedia's account of the Great Brink's Robbery. How the perpetrators were caught is like the plot of a novel.

This post displaced the thread Squadron Supreme Thread (SPOILERS) from the homepage.

Arrested five days before the statute of limitations expired. Sounds like the end of a comic book.

Wasn't there also a comic where Charlie Brown tossed comic books all over the floor, tore the cover off one, then complained because the store owner threw him out?

Because of the approaching movie, Marvel has decided to make a Civil War 2 series, and announced a major superhero will die in it. At the time of the announcement they hadn't decided which one yet. Apparently they almost picked Spider-Man. Naturally they're not saying which one they did finally pick.

Forgotten superheroes dept.: Nightglider and Dawnstar, the Dynamite Duo.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2019   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service