Views: 49148

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I use Google for most writing. I recently installed WPS Office on my Windows 10 laptop, mainly for reading attachments. Works fine for that.

I don't like Google Docs because it changes the formatting for Word documents. To the extent that you don't care about compatibility with Word, Google Docs is fine. But if you need things to match or look the same, I'd go with LibreOffice or OpenOffice.

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I will refer them to my technical expert (Tracy).

Does anybody here know anything about coin collecting? 

While we were moving some stuff around, we found an envelope with some old coins, including a 1946 Booker T. Washington half-dollar, an 1883 Indian head penny, a 1937 buffalo nickel, a 1941 Liberty dime, and several wheat pennies from 1937 to 1953. Plus there's an 1822 something we can't make out -- I think it's a pence from Great Britain.

Attachments:

Based on its size and color, I think the British coin is a Farthing, which was worth 1/4 of a penny. Old pennies were huge. The Booker T. Washington coin is a commemorative coin which was for collectors, not general circulation. They still produce commemorative coins. Like comic books, it's all about supply, demand and condition.

I've been keeping a Journal of the Plague Year and just assembled a video of the same period:

Is this a real-life tribble? 

Or is it the result of combing our oldest cat? 

Just popped outside and took a look at Comet Neowise. Kinda cool!

Destruction of Doctor Who and Avengers Episodes

Wipe Out: When the BBC Kept Erasing Its Own History

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service