So are we going to talk about the finale to Blackest Night, or what? Lighting the White Lantern of Spoiler Alerts here...

Views: 305

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Rob Staeger said:

Someday, Baby Bean is going to be pissed at Johns for getting rid of Kendra. After Flash, she is her favorite JLU'er.

Was Kendra in the JLU? I thought that was Shayera.

Photobucket

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

Check out the Secret Headquarters (my store) website! It's a pretty lame website, but I did it myself, so tough noogies

Listen to WOXY.com, it's the future of rock-n-roll!

Lifeman lol.

I think we all know how I feel about the existence of white lanterns.

As a whole, I enjoyed Blackest Night due to it's twist and turns and ability to not rely on the big 3 in an event.

Dagwan said:
Rob Staeger said:

Someday, Baby Bean is going to be pissed at Johns for getting rid of Kendra. After Flash, she is her favorite JLU'er.

Was Kendra in the JLU? I thought that was Shayera.

Photobucket

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

Check out the Secret Headquarters (my store) website! It's a pretty lame website, but I did it myself, so tough noogies

Heh. Right now, DC has a "Big Two" : Batman and Green Lantern.

Finally read my first Blackest Night Related Comic... (I have bypassed nearly all the recent events)....Starman Blackest Night by Robinson.

I really enjoyed it. Made me want to pull out our Old Starman comics and see where things ended up...particularly because I love Shade and this was Shade centric comic with a good ending...however I have not interest in the rest of Blackest Night...
I agree.

Though with Johns on Flash and JMS on Wonder Woman and Supes, I think they might have a big 5 soon.

Dagwan said:
Heh. Right now, DC has a "Big Two" : Batman and Green Lantern.

I skimmed through BN #8 when I was last at my FLCS. And I'm pretty much updated thanks to Wikipedia. So, my only question is this: what happened to Sinestro?
Mark S. Ogilvie said:
Also it was silly of Max to run, he was dead, I don't think the law could touch him.

Yeah -- but it wasn't exactly the law that got him last time...
Mark,

It hasn't been said yet whether anyone other than these twelve were resurrected. I wouldn't be surprised if a few more come back during the course of BD.

I really enjoyed the ending. J'onn is back, Arthur is back...Deadman is alive again? It's a good setup, and I guess I'll have to budget for the followups. :D
I have to admit -- Max Lord coming back is the one thing that's really urging me to find a way to give Generation Lost a try.
Of all the resurrections, the one that got me more expectant is Deadman, maybe we should start calling him just Boston Brand, he is the only one not very happy about being alive, I hadn't noticed his ring, but that surely is important.
I also want to know more about the Doves, it was never really explained why didn't Don Hall returned as a Black Lantern, or why did the current Dove had the power to be untouched and destroy the Black Lanterns.
If only this characters returned does that mean that Damage, Hawk and Tempest will stay death? also, somebody believes the feeling of Hal Jordan that from know on dead will be dead? does thta means we will never again see a character return?

it was a great ending, and it did leave a lot of storylines to be followed on Brightest day, I guess I'm up for the ride.
I think we should call the resurrected Deadman "Lifebuoy."

I don't think it means that characters won't ever return. That's really unenforceable and, actually, kind of crippling to storytellers. But I hope it *does* mark the end of vague supernatural/"he got better"/"somebody punched something" explanations for resurrections. More "brainwaves downloaded into a clone's body," and less "we brought him back to life just by thinking about him a lot."
Mark S. Ogilvie said:
Back to his normal self, none the worse for wear. He even insulted larfleeze. I think the Sinestro Corps are going to be around for a while.

Mark

Good. Sinestro makes a better villian than a 'champion of life' anyway.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2021   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service