Comics Guide: Dec. 12-18, 2022

BOOM! STUDIOS

GRIM #6

GRIM VOL 1: DISCOVER NOW EDITION TP

KILLER: AFFAIRS OF STATE HC

• I have the first two "Killer" HCs, which were sent to me for review back in the day. I enjoyed them. I would like to read this one, too, but not if I have to pay for it. Which I guess is a review.

SPECS #2 (OF 4)

VICIOUS CIRCLE #1 (OF 3)

Story: Mattson Tomlin | Art/Cover: Lee Bermejo | $9.99

Iconic artist Lee Bermejo (Batman: Damned, Joker) partners with director and screenwriter Mattson Tomlin (Batman: The Imposter)!

Shawn Thacker is a trained assassin from the future who seeks revenge on the only other man with his affliction-each life they take forces them both to travel between vastly different past and future eras.

Spanning from 22nd century Tokyo to 1950s New Orleans to the Cretaceous Era and beyond, the two mortal rivals are locked in a battle of wills that spans millions of years, all to alter the course of history.

With each time period, Lee Bermejo adjusts his artistic style to pay homage to luminary comics artists and historical master painters, all presented in a prestige, oversized format!

WYND: THRONE IN THE SKY #5 (OF 5)

DARK HORSE COMICS

ASSASSIN'S APPRENTICE #1 (OF 6)

The Assassin is back in this new adaptation of the first installment of the bestselling Farseer Trilogy. Dark Horse Comics is proud to team up with Assassin’s Apprentice creator Robin Hobb, co-writer Jody Houser, artist Ryan Kelly, colorist Jordie Bellaire, and letterer Hassan Otsmane-Elhaou to present Assassin’s Apprentice like never before. Assassin’s Apprentice #1 also features cover art by Anna Steinbauer.

Until recently, Fitz was only known as “boy.” The illegitimate son of a powerful noble, Fitz is taken in by his uncle, Prince Verity, who prepares the boy for a journey to the capital to meet his royal grandfather. But Fitz is not a normal child. An ancient power stirs inside him, something that will change the destiny of the Six Duchies forever!

The incredibly influential fantasy novel comes to comics in this first installment of best-selling author Robin Hobbs’ Assassin's Apprentice!

Assassin’s Apprentice #1 (of 6) will be in comic book stores December 14, 2022 and is available for pre-order now at your local comic shop for $3.99.

Praise for Assassin’s Apprentice:

“Hobb is the author whose books Martin described as ‘like diamonds in a sea of zircons,’ the writer to press on those who turn up their noses at fantasy. Her writing is superb, her world-building irresistible, her storylines both hell-for-leather exciting and deeply introspective.” — The Guardian

“I would highly recommend Assassin's Apprentice and the Farseer Trilogy. As you read you become ever more immersed in the story and it just seems to get better and better.” — Fantasy Book Review

“An intriguing, controlled, and remarkably assured debut, at once satisfyingly self-contained yet leaving plenty of scope for future extensions and embellishments.” — Kirkus

"Fantasy as it ought to be written." — George R.R. Martin

CRITICAL ROLE: THE MIGHTY NEIN ORIGINS — FJORD STONE

The Critical Role: The Mighty Nein Origins line from Dark Horse Comics and Critical Role expands once again with the arrival of Critical Role: The Mighty Nein Origins — Fjord Stone. Kevin Burke and Chris “Doc” Wyatt, writers for the highly anticipated Amazon Original animated series Critical Role: The Legend of Vox Machina, join fan-favorite artist Selina Espiritu, colorist Diana Sousa, letterer Ariana Maher, along with Matthew Mercer and Travis Willingham from the cast of Critical Role to bring Fjord’s early years to life in this all-new hardcover graphic novel!

Growing up in an orphanage on the Menagerie Coast, Fjord Stone has never been comfortable with the assumptions people draw from his half-orc heritage. His sweet, sensitive nature will do him no favors in Port Damali. Luckily, a chance meeting lands Fjord with a job, a mentor, and more adventure than he could ever dream of on the path that will eventually lead him to the rest of the Mighty Nein!

The Critical Role: The Mighty Nein Origins line is presented in hardcover format and volumes will retail for $17.99 each. More from Dark Horse Comics and Critical Role include the ongoing Critical Role: Vox Machina Origins comic series, the newly released Critical Role: The Tales of Exandria comic series, and the Critical Role: The Chronicles of Exandria art book.

LEONIDE THE VAMPYR: A CHRISTMAS FOR CROWS ONE-SHOT

MANOR BLACK VOL 2: FIRE IN THE BLOOD TP

OUR ENCOUNTERS WITH EVIL & OTHER STORIES LIBRARY EDITION HC

POWERS VOL 2 TP

RESIDENT ALIEN: BOOK OF LOVE #2

DC COMICS

BATGIRLS #13

BATMAN INCORPORATED #3

BATMAN & SCOOBY-DOO MYSTERIES #3

BATMAN/SPAWN #1 ONE-SHOT

Story: Todd McFarlane | Art/Cover: Greg Capullo | $6.99

Two dark heroes, cursed by tragedy, find their paths crossing again ... but not by choice! What sinister foe is at work, pitting the Dark Knight against the Hellspawn? From the shadows of Gotham City to New York City, this epic event is the blockbuster you’ve been waiting almost two decades for!

"Look, this is really simple. I get to play with one of the greatest comic characters ever (Batman), get to reunite with amazing artist Greg Capullo, AND am able to mix in my own creation (Spawn) into the storyline. These are the types of projects many of us creators in the comic industry only get to be a part of a few times in our careers,” said writer Todd McFarlane.

"I was fortunate enough to be able to draw both Spawn and Batman each for over a decade,” said Artist Greg Capullo. “Now I get to use those decades of experience to bring fans the event they’ve waited nearly 20 years to see happen. Spawn and Batman together again. It’s gonna be fire.”

• "Batman" is the simplest distillation of pulp elements ever created, so pure a creation it  appeals to generations of readers of all ages, genders and politics. "Spawn" is a derivative, complicated collection of transient pop culture elements cynically designed to appeal to a specific group of immature fanboys in the 1990s.
  • Batman is among the best characters our hobby can produce. Spawn is among the worst.

DANGER STREET #1

Story: Tom King | Art/Cover: Jorge Fornés  | Covers: Steve Rude, Lee Weeks, Ben Oliver | $4.99 US | 40 pages | 1 of 12 |

Joining the Justice League is a goal for any superhero, but what happens when a quest for membership takes a sinister turn? Join Starman, Metamorpho, and Warlord as they look to prove themselves worthy by summoning and defeating

Darkseid in battle. Soon they’ll learn that calling upon a New God never ends well, and their world is headed for a crisis as a result!

The journey to save the day will be a treacherous one filled with princesses, knights, and all kinds of monsters. Each person the heroes encounter plays a crucial role in this sprawling yet gripping narrative that is a little bit silly, a whole lot dark, and completely cool. Expect the unexpected with a supporting cast featuring Manhunter, Lady Copy, the Green Team, and the Creeper!

Inspired by the heroes and villains of 1st Issue Special, Tom King and Jorge Fornés (Rorschach) return for an unforgettable maxiseries that reimagines these characters and their stories. A multi-character, multilayered crime drama starring some of DC’s most obscure creations. No one will see it coming, but everyone will want to see where it goes!

• These are the characters Jeff of Earth-J has been talking about in this thread. It puts all 13 concepts introduced or re-introduced in the mid-1970s 1st Issue Special in one story. Somehow.
  • Those concepts are Atlas (NOT the mythical character), The Green Team, Metamorpho, Lady Cop, Manhunter (Mark Shaw), The Dingbats of Danger Street, The Creeper, Warlord, Doctor Fate, Outsiders (NOT Batman's), Codename: Assassin, Starman (Mikaal Tomas) and Return of the New Gods (NOT by Kirby).
  • Written by Tom King, which is a plus for some, a minus for others.
  • Here's a trailer.

DARK CRISIS: BIG BANG #1 ONE-SHOT

Story: Mark Waid | Art: Dan Jurgens, Various | Cover: Mikel Janín | $3.99

After the monumental events of Dark Crisis on Infinite Earths #4, Pariah has successfully resurrected the infinite Multiverse ... and all of reality is still reeling from the event. Join Doctor Multiverse on a haunting journey through these newly re-formed realities, from The Jurassic League to DC: Mech ... from Dark Knights of Steel to Batman '89 and back again ... in a guest-star galore, all-new epic by comics legend and DC architect Mark Waid!

FLASHPOINT BEYOND TP

HARLEY QUINN UNCOVERED #1 ONE-SHOT

Story/Art: Various | Cover: Jay Anacleto | $5.99

Art by Derrick Chew, Ryan Sook, Warren Louw, Amanda Conner, and other In celebration of Harley Quinn #25 comes a gorgeous, irreverent look at the amazing variant covers that helped make the Maid of Mischief magnificent! Enjoy an art book of epic proportions featuring some of the hottest creators in the industry!

• That's a pretty good homage!

I AM BATMAN #16

JUSTICE LEAGUE VS. LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES TP

STARMAN COMPENDIUM VOL 2 TP

SUPERMAN: SON OF KAL-EL #18

Story: Tom Taylor | Art: Cian Tormey, Ruairí Coleman | Cover: Travis Moore | $3.99

"KAL-EL RETURNS" PART 6! THE RISE OF RED SIN! With the landmark Action Comics #1050 just around the corner, prepare for the ultimate battle between Superman and Lex Luthor as Clark and Jon continue their intensive training. But will it be enough to overcome the mysterious new villain calling themselves Red Sin?

WHO’S WHO OMNIBUS VOL 2 HC

WILDCATS# 2

Story: Matthew Rosenberg | Art/Cover: Stephen Segovia | Variants: Ben Oliver, Jeff Spokes, Howard Porter | 32 pages | $3.99/$4.99 (card stock)

The mission has gone sideways for the ‘Cats team as they inadvertently run afoul of the LAST group they wanted to cross paths with ... the Court of Owls! It’s the fight of the year with Talon vs Zealot!

WONDER WOMAN #794

DYNAMITE ENTERTAINMENT

CHERISH #2

Have you read CHERISH #1 yet? This slick cyberpunk antihero revenge tale is getting great reviews so far from fans, and we don't want you to miss out on our newest cool character! Co-created by industry legend Marc Silvestri (Uncanny X-Men, Wolverine, Witchblade), with writing by rising comics star and established prose writer Katana Collins (Batman White Knight: Harley Quinn) and artist Gabriel Caitano.

• I can't believe her mother lets her go out dressed like that.

ELVIRA IN HORRORLAND #5

GARBAGE PAIL KIDS ORIGINS #3

LORD OF THE JUNGLE #2

Story: Dan Jurgens | Art: Benito Gallego | Covers: Philip Tan, Dan Panosian, Josh Burns, Moritat, Rob De La Torre | Dynamite | 32 pages | Teen+ | $3.99

DAN JURGEN'S JUNGLE ADVENTURE CONTINUES!

COVER BY PHILIP TAN, ARTIST OF FRANK MILLER'S RONIN BOOK 2!

YOUNG TARZAN LEARNS THE TRUE DEPTHS OF EVIL!

When foreign raiders pillage his jungle home, Tarzan comes face-to-face with evil for the first time in his life. For the Lord of the Jungle, this is a catastrophic event, as they leave little but heartache, death and destruction in their wake. As Tarzan deals with humanity and the world beyond his shores for the very first time, he finds it difficult to come to grips with his own unique origins. This series of events will set Tarzan off on a unique mission where a grievous wrong must be atoned for ... no matter who committed it. Writer Dan Jurgens, artist BenitoGallego, and a host of incredible cover artists including Philip Tan (Frank Miller's Ronin Book 2), that will push Tarzan through an adventure like he's never seen before!

"A faithful and gorgeous retelling of his origin story. The art is a perfect homage to Kubert's classic Tarzan comics, and Jurgens' adaptation of the source material is as engaging as it is faithful" — Comical Opinions

• The quote says this is "a perfect homage to Kubert's classic Tarzan comics," but it looks more like a John Buscema homage to me.

RED SONJA HELL SONJA #

SWEETIE CANDY VIGILANTE #3

Story: Suzanne Cafiero | Art: Jeff Zornow | Covers: Jeff Zornow, Josh Howard | Mature | 32 pages | $3.99

NYC JUST GOT A WHOLE LOT SWEETER ... THERE'S A NEW CANDY BOSS IN TOWN!

Sweetie Candy Vigilante #3 gives us our first glimpse into the surreal world that thrives beyond the walls of Sweetie's elusive Candy Vigilante factory headquarters (discretely located in the industrial outskirts of Brooklyn, NY). Now that Pixie has been "chosen" to join the sweet, secret society, she's introduced to mix masters (and highly skilled axe-throwing assassins) Hansel and Gretel! Yes, the epic witch killing duo are real, all grown up, and no longer eat stranger's houses. So please, no jokes about gingerbread. They're still trying to break the stigmatism...

Meanwhile, Candy Wolf spills the jelly beans on Sweetie's backstory and family lineage! Turns out, her father is the "Candy Man" himself: Zucker Cane, (of the New York landmark Cane's Sweet Shop). He trained Sweetie and factory home-schooled her with his magical secrets of confectionary wizardry.

Pushed to the limits by the mysterious disappearance of her parents, the gentrification of New York destroying "Mom and Pop" shops, and a fitness obsessed mayor declaring war on sugar - actually outlawing candy, cake and ice cream in the process - she's declared a war of her own on anyone who treads on her birthright to sweetness, and those who enjoy a little sugar in their lives. Possessing skills far beyond her father, she's been testing secret formulas on herself, and now...it's all GOOD! Sweetie said so, and she's the new Candy Boss in town! So make your life a whole lot sweeter with Sweetie Candy Vigilante #3: Candy Boss. After all, tis the season!

Watch for Sweetie Candy Vigilante's return with issue #4 in February!

VAMPIRELLA MINDWARP #4

IDW PUBLISHING

MY LITTLE PONY CLASSICS REIMAGINED: LITTLE FILLIES #2

STAR TREK DISCOVERY: ADVENTURES IN 32ND CENTURY TP

STAR TREK RESURGENCE #2

TMNT ARMAGEDDON GAME: ALLIANCE #2

TRANSFORMERS: SHATTERED GLASS II #5

IMAGE COMICS

3KEYS #3

AGE OF BRONZE VOL 3: BETRAYAL PART 1 (NEW EDITION) TP

• Do I have this? I don't know. Probably.
  • I try to support this project every way I can, so I'll probably buy this, even though I probably have it already in different formats. I do wish Shanowar would progress the story a bit, instead of reprinting what he's already done. But I guess the economics guide his hand.

ART BRUT #1

The first major work from W. Maxwell Prince and Martín Morazzo of Ice Cream Man fame will come to Image Comics this December—fully re-lettered, remastered, and re-titled as originally intended—Art Brut.

This NPR-lauded series was first published under the title, The Electric Sublime, and will be brought to a whole new audience of readers through this carefully-crafted revision.

“How lucky we all are, to have Arthur Brut keeping watch over the world of art and keeping us all safe. A lot of people don’t know he exists, but we’re happy to remedy that this December,” said Prince in an exclusive on the announcement at Popverse.

The world of fine art is falling apart, and only Art Brut knows how to fix it. Alongside the Bureau of Artistic Integrity, Art Brut follows the titular Arthur Brut the Mad Dreampainter (and his trusty sidekick, Manny the Mannequin) as they dive back into the very paintings that made him insane…in order to save reality itself from crumbling.

Morazzo added: “Art Brut mixes two things I love the most: comics and fine arts, so it's not a surprise it's one of my most dearest works! I'm smiling from ear to ear knowing everybody will be able to read it soon!”

A colorful, gonzo romp through art and art history, Art Brut is equal parts police procedural, hyper-fantasy, and psychological thriller—a veritable Pollock-splatter of comics genres tossed onto one giant pulpy canvas!

Each issue features new covers, new design, and a new Silver Age-style backup story featuring the art hero that no one’s ever heard of — until now!

BEWARE THE EYE OF ODIN TP

BONE ORCHARD: BLACK FEATHERS #4

DARK RIDE #3

Covers: Bressan & Lucas, Corona, Boo, Price & Fleecs

Skybound today revealed a first look at Dark Ride #3, the next issue of the hit new horror comic book series from the Birthright team of writer Joshua Williamson (Batman, Dark Crisis), artist Andrei Bressan (Justice League Incarnate), colorist Adriano Lucas (Nightwing), and letterer Pat Brosseau (Creepshow) that takes place at amusement park The Scariest Place on Earth. Dark Ride #3 will arrive in comic book shops Dec. 14, 2022.  

Halloween’s come early and she’s here to SLAY. Daddy’s favorite girl may threaten her brother Sam Dante and his plans for the family legacy, even as someone uncovers the terrifying disappearances at Devil Land.  

Dark Ride #3 boasts an impressive variant cover lineup that will continue through the series’ first arc. In addition to the main cover by Bressan and series colorist Adriano Lucas, Dark Ride’s Cover B variant spotlights park creator Arthur Dante and mascot Danny D. Evil, with an issue #3 cover by Jorge Corona (The Me You Love in the Dark) & Jean-Francois Beaulieu (Invincible), while Cover C showcases Devil Land’s resident femme fatale and horror aficionado, Halloween, with the first four issues’ cover art by Sweeney Boo (Over My Dead Body).  

"Expect to see a lot of 'Dark Ride' being recommended well into 2023." — Multiversity Comics 

"Finely written and wonderfully illustrated, Williamson and Bressan have another hit on their hands with their homage to amusement parks and supernatural horror." — Lotusland Comics

DEPARTMENT OF TRUTH VOL 4 TP

FRIDAY BOOK 2 TP

GOSPEL #2

GUNSLINGER SPAWN #15

HELL TO PAY #2

ICE CREAM MAN #33

LOVE EVERLASTING #5

NIGHT CLUB #1 (OF 6)

Covers: Juanan Ramírez, Greg Capullo

Bestselling writer Mark Millar (The Magic Order, Kingsman: The Secret Service) and fan-favorite artist Juanan Ramírez offer up a new series for readers to sink their teeth into with the launch of Night Club. This upcoming series will take flight in December from Image Comics and will join Millar’s growing line of popular comics owned by Netflix.

Each issue of the series will boast an incredibly low price point of only $1.99.

"It's funny. I haven't launched a new superhero comic out there in about ten years, despite superhero comics being what I'm best known for with things like Civil War, Red Son, Old Man Logan, etc," said Millar. "But I wanted to wait until I had a genuinely fresh take because I love these things and it had to be something really different and I wanted an artist who's work just jumped off the page. We're also trying an experiment to see if a full size 24 page comic-book can work at $1.99 every month. We think readers are going to LOVE this package."

In Night Club, a group of unsuspecting 17-year-olds is bitten by a vampire and suddenly imbued with superheroic powers. The story unfolds as it asks: Now what? Do you live in the shadows and drink human blood? Or do you use your newfound abilities to become the costumed vigilante you’ve always dreamed of instead? You’re bulletproof, you can crawl up walls, and you can turn to mist, bats, or even a wolf. Why not have a little fun?

• Hrm. This doesn't sound like a terribly original idea. Art's nice, tho.

RADIANT BLACK #20

SHIRTLESS BEAR-FIGHTER 2 #5 (OF 7)

SPAWN COMPENDIUM VOL 4 (NEW EDITION) TP

STARHENGE: DRAGON & BOAR #6 (OF 6)

TOO DEAD TO DIE TP

The fan-favorite writer/artist team of Marc Guggenheim and Howard Chaykin (Blade, Wolverine) reunites for an original graphic novel in the forthcoming Too Dead to Die. This all-new story promises classic spy novel suspense.

In the 1980s, Simon Cross was America’s top super-spy. In Too Dead to Die, he faces down today’s very different world and a past that has come back to haunt him, forcing him out of retirement for one final adventure.

The project achieves a longtime goal for Guggenheim. “Too Dead To Die is one of those ideas I’ve been thinking about for years before the Covid quarantine gave me the opportunity to actually write it. I started off writing “on spec” without any particular artist in mind. But 10 pages in, I realized that all the images I was seeing in my head were illustrated by Howard, whom I had the good fortune to collaborate with on Blade and Wolverine," he said. "I was writing with Howard in mind without realizing it. Fortunately, Howard was amenable to coming aboard and I love how he’s brought Simon’s story to life. It’s very exciting to be getting Too Dead To Die out into the world after all this time.”

Chaykin added: “Few things delight me more, professionally, at least, than collaborating with Marc Guggenheim. I had a great time drawing this Simon Cross adventure, and I can only hope every reader can share that delight.”

• I bet the hero looks like an idealized version of Howard Chaykin in his mid-30s. Just a guess.
  • I do like me some spy noir, tho, and Chayking's art is always welcome.

TWO GRAVES #2

MARVEL COMICS

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #15

Written By Zeb Well

Art By Ed Mcguinness

Cover By John Romita Jr.

Zeb Wells will continue the story in AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #15 and AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #16 with legendary artist Ed McGuinness. Peter Parker will have his hands full with back to back showdowns, starting with Venom. Find out exactly why Venom is helping Chasm and then, it’s time for the main event. That’s right, it’s Peter Parker vs. Ben Reilly, no-holds-barred in the craziest battle you’ve ever seen! Chasm secures his place in Spidey’s rogues' gallery…as the one who finally vanquishes Peter Parker?!

• DARK WEB tie-in
  • I wish I still cared about Spider-Man. I miss those days.

CAPTAIN MARVEL VOL 8: THE TRAIL TP

DARK WEB X-MEN #1

Written By Gerry Duggan

Art By Rod Reis

Cover By Phil Noto

December will also see the launch of DARK WEB: X-MEN, a three-issue limited series by X-Men writer Gerry Duggan and acclaimed New Mutants artist Rod Reis. In DARK WEB: X-MEN #1, chaos reigns in the streets of New York City as demon hordes pour forth from the realm of Limbo…a realm that until recently was ruled by Magik.  A realm now ruled by Cyclops’ ex. Also, Havok’s ex.  Also, a clone of Jean. The X-Men wade into the fray by taking on some of their darker history as the Goblin Queen returns for vengeance! The not-so-happy reunions continue in DARK WEB: X-MEN #2. Some reunions – like those with an evil ex who rules a dimension of demons – are not so great. Sometimes even having your AMAZING FRIENDS at your side isn’t enough to save things.

"You can't go wrong with the X-Men and their Amazing Friend, Spider-Man. Limbo is attacking NY and threatening to ruin the holidays. Come for the Inferno, stay for Rod Reis!" Duggan told ComicBook.com.

• DARK WEB tie-in.

DEADPOOL #2    $3.99

INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #1

Story: Gerry Duggan | Art: Juan Frigeri & Bryan Valenza | Cover: Kael Ngu  | Variants: Marco Checchetto & Marcio Menyz, Pepe Larraz & Marte Gracia, Bob Layton & Paul Mounts, John Romita Jr. & Frank D’armata, Declan Shalvey, Ivan Tao, Ivan Tao, Luciano Vecchio

On the eve of the character’s 60th anniversary, Iron Man will begin a new era this December. Writer Gerry Duggan (X-Men) and artist Juan Frigeri (Avengers) will kick off a new run of IRON MAN’s solo title that will bring Tony Stark to his darkest depths only to rise greater than ever before! INVINCIBLE IRON MAN will follow Christopher Cantwell’s thought-provoking run on the title that concludes in November’s IRON MAN #750, the upcoming milestone issue that will give fans their first glimpse of what’s to come in this new chapter. The ongoing series will begin with Tony reflecting on the highs and lows of his 60 years of history, including digging up some classic armors and confronting old wounds, to overcome a devastating defeat at the hands of a Marvel villain who’s been making big waves throughout the Marvel Universe recently.

It all ends here? Tony Stark, the genius-billionaire-playboy-philanthropist, has lost it all: his wealth … his fame … his friends. But Stark doesn’t realize he still has so much more to lose, especially when a mystery villain puts out a hit on him! Every assassin around the Marvel Universe has come out of the shadows for Tony — and he has no idea who hired them! Will this cavalcade of killers close the book on Iron Man? It’s the beginning of the end, as the Golden Avenger must fight for his life and find out what it really means to hit rock bottom.

Straight from the pages of Gerry Duggan and Pepe Larraz’s X-Men, the aggressively ambitious genius with a vendetta against mutantkind is switching targets. Matching Iron Man in intellect, power, and wealth is no small feat and this dark counterpart is planning to attack Tony in every way possible! After a heavy dose of setbacks leave him with nothing, Tony will need to court new allies, embrace bold solutions, and make startling moves that will affect the wider Marvel Universe including the Avengers and mutantkind. Can he navigate his way towards a brighter future or will he be the architect of his own destruction? Fans can see the explosive opening strike that will set Tony on this dangerous but exciting new path right now in the all-new INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #1 trailer, featuring never-before-seen artwork!

“It's my privilege to try and follow Christopher Cantwell and his collaborators' stellar run on IRON MAN heading into an anniversary year,” Duggan said. “Juan and I are going to introduce a new menace that is gunning for Tony Stark and his greatest creation. We have an epic tale for Stark and plans for old foes, including flashbacks to some of his classic armors. How about a little Silver Centurion for his diamond anniversary? Armor up, you're gonna need it.”

“Tony will be tested, as will the armor,” Duggan told CBR in a recent interview. “As a longtime Iron Man fan, I'm very happy to be throwing everything from my years of notes on the character into one big story. I've only pitched stories with beginnings, middles and ends for a while now, and I'm getting to execute on my favorite ideas for both Tony and Iron Man. There is an attempt by our villain to make Tony his own worst enemy.”

To mark this new era, some of Marvel’s top artists have turned out stunning variant covers for the debut issue! In addition to depicting Tony at his very best in stunning pinups, fans can also check out covers that celebrate his legacy including Ivan Tao’s cover starring Ironheart, the breakout young hero who’s set to play a major role throughout the new run! And feast your eyes on legendary Iron Man artist Bob Layton’s epic connecting covers! The showstopping piece by one of the character’s most definitive creator’s showcases the various armors Tony has donned throughout his 60-year history!

"I think it's safe to say that there has not been a reckoning for some of the secrets that Howard Stark had. And so very much, it is a family drama, even though Howard is gone. [Jonathan] Hickman left a lot of gifts behind. Cantwell is leaving a lot of gifts behind. And the gift that I intend to bring to Tony as a forever gift, hopefully, and obviously future creators and future editors will get to decide this, is whether or not this new Iron Man villain that's coming along is going to be a forever gift. I certainly intend it to be,” Duggan told IGN in a recent interview.

Check out the covers now, including the full Layton connecting cover that will grace the first eight issues of the series! And stay tuned later this week for the premiere of the INVINCIBLE IRON MAN trailer! For more information, visit Marvel.com.

• I lost track of Tony Stark about three Iron Man #1s ago.
  • Here's a trailer.

IRON MAN EPIC COLLECTION RETURN OF THE GHOST TP (NEW PTG)

JANE FOSTER AND MIGHTY THOR TP

LEGION OF X #8

MMW AMAZING SPIDER-MAN VOL 24 HC

MONICA RAMBEAU: PHOTON #1

Story: Eve L. Ewing | Art: Michael Sta. Maria | Cover: Lucas Werneck

This December, universal powerhouse Monica Rambeau will star in first-ever solo comic series! A five-issue limited series, MONICA RAMBEAU: PHOTON will be written by award-winning author and scholar Eve L. Ewing and drawn by new Marvel talent, artist Michael Sta. Maria. The iconic Marvel super hero with four decades worth of amazing stories will at long last headline her own saga.

From the New Orleans Harbor Patrol to the Avengers to the Ultimates, Monica Rambeau has been a leader and team player her entire life but now she’ll face a reality-shattering crisis that she’ll have no choice but to take on single-handedly. In order to do so, Photon will need to reach new heights of her incredible abilities—and then surpass them! In a revelatory journey spanning time and space, fan will behold Photon’s true potential. The adventure begins when Photon is charged with making a very special, very cosmic delivery. What should be light work (get it?) for Monica becomes increasingly complex and dangerous due to a threat from beyond and family drama.

“It's such an honor to be taking on the story of a legacy character like Monica Rambeau,” Ewing said. “Monica's character has a long history in the Marvel Universe, but she's way overdue for getting her own story told. I'm picking the pen up from the legend himself, Dwayne McDuffie, who put out the last Monica Rambeau solo adventure almost three decades ago. It's a privilege and I'm excited to tell the story in a way that both highlights her incredible cosmic abilities as well as her everyday, relatable struggles. I hope this will be a title that has something equal to offer to veteran readers and folks who may be brand new to comics.”

• I haven't seen this character since Agents of H.A.T.E. It's almost like she's in a successful TV franchise or something.

ORIGINS OF MARVEL COMICS: MARVEL TALES #1

• This is not Marvel Tales #1 (1939). This is not Marvel Tales v2 #1 (1964). I don't think this will be as memorable as either of those.

PLANET HULK: WORLDBREAKER #2 (OF 5)

SAVAGE AVENGERS #8

SAVAGE AVENGERS VOL 1: TIME IS THE SHARPEST EDGE TP

SPIDER-MAN THE WEDDING ALBUM GALLERY EDITION HC

STAR WARS: BOUNTY HUNTERS #29

STAR WARS LEGENDS: EPIC COLLECTION REBELLION VOL 5 TP

STAR WARS: MANDALORIAN #6

STAR WARS: OBI-WAN — A JEDI’S PURPOSE TP   $15.99

STAR WARS: WAR OF BOUNTY HUNTERS OMNIBUS HC

• Boy, that's a lot of Star Wars comics.

THING OMNIBUS HC

• Nope. Didn't like it the first time.

ULTIMATE COMICS SPIDER-MAN #1 FACSIMILE EDITION

VENOMNIBUS BY CATES & STEGMAN HC

WOLVERINE BY BENJAMIN PERCY VOL 4 TP

X-MEN ’92: HOUSE OF XCII TP

X-MEN EPIC COLLECTION TP X-CUTIONERS SONG

MORE COMICS

7TH LOOP VILLAINESS CAREFREE LIFE VOL 2   GN

AIR WARRIORS: WORLD WAR ONE INTERNATIONAL ACES VOL 4

ALLEY OOP COMPLETE SUNDAY VOL 3: ALLEY GOES MODERN HC

• Heads up, comic strip collectors!

ARCHIE SHOWCASE DIGEST #11 CHRISTMAS STOCKING

ASCENCIA #14

ASUMI CHAN IS INTERESTED IN LESBIAN BROTHELS VOL 1 GN

• Who isn't?

ATOM: THE BEGINNING VOL 2 GN

Story: Osamu Tezuka (Original Story), Masami Yuuki (Script)  | Art: Tetsuro Kasahara | Titan Manga  | B&W | 5" x 7" |  208 pages | $12.99

Continue the journey that leads to the famous series Astro Boy created by the ‘God of Manga’ Osamu Tezuka!

It’s time for Robot Wrestling! Determined to continue the project, engineering students Umatarō and Hiroshi enter their superpowered robot Six into a robot fighting tournament! Standing in their way of the prize money is the undefeated robot Mars and its mysterious creator, Dr. Lolo… can Six defeat the ‘invincible god of war’?

Created by Masami Yuki and Tetsurō Kasahara, ATOM Volume 2 is a beautifully drawn, action-packed thrill ride, perfect for fans of Battle Angel Alita and Ghost in the Shell, filled with heart and humor and a lovable cast of characters!

ATTACK ON TITAN OMNIBUS VOL 8 TP (VOL 22 - 24)

BABY SITTERS' CLUB VOL 13: MARY ANNES BAD LUCK MYSTERY GN

BABY SITTER'S LITTLE SISTER VOL 6: KAREN'S BIRTHDAY GN

BELLE: DEEP FREEZE ONE-SHOT

BILLIONAIRE ISLAND: CULT OF DOGS #2 (OF 6)

BLADE RUNNER: 2039 #1

Story: Mike Johnson, Mellow Brown |  Art: Andres Guinaldo | Colors: Marco Lesko | Titan Comics | Mature | $3.99

Los Angeles 2039. It has been three years since Niander Wallace introduced his brand of ‘perfectly obedient’ Replicants, and the ban on synthetic humans has been lifted, at least for the new Wallace models ― the older Tyrell Corp’s Nexus 8 units are still hunted by Blade Runners. Cleo Selwyn, first seen as a small child in Blade Runner 2019, has returned to L.A. some twenty years later, searching for Isobel, a Replicant copy of her real mother who died when she was three. Cleo believes that Niander Wallace is holding Isobel captive, and the only person she can call on for help is the one who saved her so many years ago: Aahna "Ash" Ashina, now an aging and disgraced ex-Blade Runner.

BOOTY ROYALE: NEVER GO DOWN WITHOUT A FIGHT OMNIBUS VOL 5 GN

BREAKDOWNS: PORTRAIT OF THE ARTIST AS YOUNG %@&*! SC

• You don't have to be an artist to be a young %@&*!

BRINK VOL 5 TP

BUNGO STRAY DOGS ANOTHER STORY VOL 2 GN

CALL OF THE NIGHT VOL 10 GN

CANDY & CIGARETTES VOL 2 GN

CAPTAIN AMERICA: GHOST ARMY OGN

Story: Alan Gratz | Art: Brent Schoonover | Graphix | $14.99

In this thrilling historical adventure, 18 year-old Steve Rogers (AKA Captain America) and his young sidekick, Bucky Barnes are fighting in WWII when they encounter a threat like none they've ever seen - a Ghost Army. The dead of this war and wars past are coming back to life, impervious to bullets, flames, or anything else the Allies can throw at them. The armies rise from the ground in the night and seem to disappear without a trace. How can Cap and Buck fight something that's already dead? And just what does the mysterious Baron Mordo, sitting in his castle atop nearby Wundagore Mountain have to do with this?

• Ages 8 and up.

CITRUS PLUS GVOL 4 GN

COMPLETE CREPAX VOL 7: EROTIC STORIES PT 1 HC

In the first of two volumes in Fantagraphics' Crepax series devoted to the artist's comics adaptations of the erotic literary canon, Valentina takes on Georges Bataille's Story of the Eye, and then we follow Arsan's Emmanuelle on her sensual journey.

"Story of a Story" (1981) stars Milanese photographer Valentina. Finding herself home alone, she cheekily decides to fantasize about Georges Bataille's infamous novella The Story of the Eye — with a twist: she's playing all the roles! In the stories "Emmanuelle" (1978) and "Emmanuelle: The Anti-Virgin" (1990), Crepax follows the titular heroine on her sensual journey as the polyamorous wife of a French diplomat in Thailand. While the character is best known as the star of a series of pornographic movies, most notably the 1974 film starring Sylvia Kristel, she originated in a banned 1959 novel by Marayat Rollet-Andriane (pen name Emmanuelle Arsan), a Thai French woman. Emmanuelle has a sexual encounter on a plane, plays a steamy game of squash with a countess, falls for a woman named Bee, and has an intense experience at a temple, among the many other transgressive exploits Crepax details from the novel. And, in an innovation of Crepax's own — she crosses paths with King Kong!

This volume is the first of two featuring comics adaptations from the literary erotica canon along with supplemental and contextual material. And, as Antonio Crepax observed in the Crepax Archives, "[The cartoonist,] covered by the authority of classics, ventures into territories of eroticism that up to now he had only dared to touch."

• Maybe there's something wrong with me, but I don't find Crepax's work erotic at all. Maybe you have to be Italian.

COYOTE VOL 4 GN

CREEPOVER VOL 3: READY FOR A SCARE GN

DARK BEACH VOL 1 TP

DARKLAND #1 (OF 4)

Story: Nicholas Black | Artist: Serg Acuna | Colorist:  Hackto Oshiro | Letterer: Bernardo Brice

In the 24th-century, a young girl named Rose finds haven in an abandoned mall. When she is inadvertently thrust into the deadly remnants of America, Rose must learn to adapt if she wants to survive. Following closely in her wake is Zed -- a notorious bounty hunter. Recently released from prison, Zed has been offered her freedom in exchange for Rose. With the odds stacked against her, will Rose make it?

"Darkland is a combination of everything I love,” Nicholas Black said, “post-apocalyptic adventures, retrofuturism, and Lovecraftian monsters. I'm honored and ecstatic to bring Darkland to life with Scout Comics!"

DEADLOCK VOL 4 (OF 4)

DRAGON WHISPERER SEARCH FOR OBSIDIAN #4

DREAM MASTER #1 (OF 5)

Story: Jonathan Hedrick | Art/Cover: Luigi Barricelli | $4.99

There is a forgotten paladin who protects us from our nightmares while we sleep. Without him, we may never wake up again. He is the Dream Master. His curse is to guard our unconscious bodies from an evil entity who wishes to enter our reality, collapsing it for all eternity.

• This seems like well-trod ground. Am I missing something?

DUNE OFFICIAL MOVIE GN

DUNGEON PEOPLE VOL 2 GN

EC DEADLY BELOVED AND OTHER STORIES HC

• 31 stories by Johnny Craig.

ETERNAL DESCENT #2

FAR CRY: ESPERANZA'S TEARS #3

FEMFORCE #198

FIANCEE CHOSEN BY RING VOL 3 GN

FOR THE KID I SAW IN MY DREAMS VOL 9 HC

FRANCIS ROTHBART HC

A stunning, head-turning, “graphic opera” masterpiece from an acclaimed painter and illustrator.

Francis Rothbart! follows a feral child who is raised by magpies and other creatures and is repeatedly struck by lightning. Because of the phenomena, the child develops eccentric talents, which he then abuses, leading to his ultimate destruction by the same natural world that once nurtured him.

Written mostly in rhymed verse, Francis’s picaresque saga unfolds in an allegorical environment, much like the topographical constructions behind renaissance religious paintings. Referencing both the Venetian landscapes of Bellini, Pierro di Cosimo and Carpaccio, mixed with the unlikely animated backdrops of Jay Ward and Chuck Jones, Woodruff’s images recall the fictive gardens of a paradise lost that lingers somewhere deep in all our souls, moist and dark like the caves of the pious saints.

Combining both paintings and drawings, each scene is a visual and verbal feast that transports us to a place in which trees anthropomorphize into figures bending from the weight of stalactite crowns, an iris becomes the gown for an oneiric sprite, and the sky rains down tears, as if mimicking the melancholy of a weeping willow. In a muted palette, Woodruff’s carbon and white charcoal pencil drawings bring us ever closer to this mythical ecology. The artist lovingly focuses on every detail: ethereal, fragile blossoms, petals, roots, and leaves; impressively observed wildlife creatures; and each curve of the hand lettered text is rendered by the delicate hand of an illustrative obsessionist with a penchant for the poignant. Woodruff’s images are multi-sourced amalgamations that echo with familiarity, portraying a world that is not only our own but also exists in the place of our half-remembered dreams.

Thomas Woodruff’s first graphic novel is a self-described “graphic opera” unlike anything ever created, a tour de force of words and images in harmony that will be one of the most talked-about books of the decade.

FRANK FRAZETTA'S DAWN ATTACK #1 (OF 5)

So, the "A" cover is an homage of sorts to the actual Frazetta painting, "Dawn Attack," which is cover B. Frazetta is so much better, so more Frazetta, that it makes me wonder why they bothered with the other cover.

FROM THE RED FOG VOL 3 GN

FRUITS BASKET ANOTHER VOL 4 GN

GERONIMO STILTON REPORTER VOL 12: MOUSE HOUSE OF FUTURE HC

GINSENG ROOTS #11

GO GO LOSER RANGER VOL 2 GN

GRIMM SPOTLIGHT RED AGENT FRIENDLY FIRE

GUYABANO HOLIDAY GN

HAPPY HORRORDAYS #1 ONE-SHOT

Story/Art: Various | Colors: Matt Herms | Letters: Jack Morelli | Covers: Adam Gorham, Robert Hack

Archie Comics is wishing everyone a very scary holiday season with an all-new one-shot comic, HAPPY HORRORDAYS, hitting store shelves (and stockings) in December! The horror anthology features a return to the world of the hit Archie Horror series JUGHEAD: THE HUNGER by creators Frank Tieri (Deadpool) and Joe Eisma (Morning Glories), along with two more tales of yuletide terror bound to keep you up at night hoping that sound on the roof is who you think it is.

Setting up his offering, Tieri said, “In ‘‘Twas the Night Before the Hunger,’ X-Mas turns into an X-Massacre when Jughead finds himself up against none other than a pissed off Krampus one fine Christmas morn. It’s a nice little tale of ho-ho-horror where we may see more than just Christmas cookies and hamburgers getting eaten.” In Tieri's JUGHEAD: THE HUNGER series, Jughead is a werewolf, and we were treated to another trip back to that fan-favorite universe in CHILLING ADVENTURES PRESENTS ... WEIRDER MYSTERIES, a sci-fi horror one-shot released in September.

In the second story, inspired by Icelandic folklore by writer Joanne Starer (Sirens of the City) and artist Butch Mapa (Star Wars), a terrifying cryptid teams up with Sheila Wu, a character introduced in the now-classic "New Kids off the Wall" storyline by Alex Simmons and Dan Parent in 2010. Starer said, "Outcast fashionista Sheila Wu has one friend in the world. It just happens to be a terrifying, gigantic cat — the Yule Cat of Icelandic folklore, known to hunt children who don't get new clothing for Christmas. When bullies Veronica and Cheryl Blossom mock her clothes and reject her gifts, well, they get a Christmas present they'll never forget!"

Rounding out the special holiday issue is a terrifying twist on a staple Archie Christmas character, Sugar Plum, Santa's fairy helper, by writer Joe Corallo (She Said Destroy) and artist Patrick Piazzalunga (Project Patron). "In my last Archie comic, JINX GRIM FAIRY TALES, I had the opportunity to take the previously heroic character of Kardak the Mystic and reintroduce him as a villain that needed to be overcome," Corallo said. "This time, I got to give the same treatment to Sugar Plum. I won't reveal much more as I want to avoid spoilers, but I hope people are pulled in from the first page and shocked by where the story goes!"

HELLOWEEN #2 (OF 3)

HETEROGENIA LINGUISTICO VOL 4 GN

HUNTER'S GUILD: RED HOOD VOL 1 GN

I CANNOT REACH YOU VOL 5 GN

I'M EVIL LORD OF AN INTERGALACTIC EMPIRE VOL1 GN

INSIDE MARI VOL 9 (OF 9) GN

INTERSPECIES REVIEWERS VOL 7 GN

JONNA AND UNPOSSIBLE MONSTERS #12 (OF 12)

• I like Chris Samnee's Daredevil and Image work, but not so much that I'd follow him to this.

KAKEGURUI TWIN VOL 12 GN

KEMONO JIHEN VOL 3 GN

KILLING STALKING DLX ED VOL 2 GN

KOMI CANT COMMUNICATE VOL 22 GN

K-ON COMPLETE OMNIBUS EDITION GN

KONOSUBA GOD BLESSING WONDERFUL WORLD VOL 14 GN

KOWLOON GENERIC ROMANCE VOL 2 GN

KUNG FU LEGUME #3

LAST CRUSADE RISE NEW WORLD VOL 4 GN

LET THIS GRIEVING SOUL RETIRE VOL 4 GN

LIFE AND DEATH OF THE BRAVE CAPTAIN SUAVE #3

LOVE & HEART VOL 6 GN

LOVE AT FOURTEEN VOL 12 GN

LOVECRAFT UNKNOWN KADATH #4

LOVESICK ELLIE VOL 7 GN

LUST GEASS VOL 6 GN

MACHINE GIRL HOLIDAY SPECIAL

• This seems very Zenescope-y.

MAD CAVE STUDIOS LEGACY BATTLECATS #3

MAGICAL REVOLUTION REINCARNATED PRINCESS & LADY VOL 3 GN

MIDNIGHT RAIN GN

MILO MANARA'S PANDORAS EYES

MINT CHOCOLATE VOL 6 GN

MORTAL INSTRUMENTS VOL 6 GN

MY BROTHER'S BLOOD MACHINE #1 (OF 6)

Story: Steve Niles Art:  Andrew Ritchie | $4.99

A new era of slasher horror is born! A teenage girl desperate to escape from an abusive home. A high school misfit wrongfully accused of murder. An abominable secret waiting in the woods. Margretville is troubled, but they've no idea the disturbing truths looming beneath the surface of their otherwise picturesque town. From the creative mind of Claudio Sanchez, written by Steve Niles, and brought to life with art from Andrew Ritchie, this long-awaited series based on The Prize Fighter.

Inferno's debut album of the same name is sure to shock, satisfy and terrify.

MY GENTLY RAISED BEAST VOL 1 GN

MYSTERY BROTHERS #3

NATURE'S LABYRINTH #2 (OF 6)

NEWTHINK TP

NOBODYS GIRLS #2 (OF 3)

OCTAVIA BUTLER'S KINDRED TP NEW PTG

No cover.

ORIENT VOL 12 GN

PEÑA COMIX ONE-SHOT

By Andrew Peña

Peña Comix showcases what it means to be a human, a romantic, a f*ck-up, an outsider, and at times, a literal alien. Shared through zine fests and the internet, Andrew Peña's comics let us laugh together in an often isolating world. Collects comics from 2015-2022, now in FULL color!

• From Silver Sprocket, so it surpasseth all understanding.

PHANTOM TALES OF THE NIGHT VOL 10  GN

PLUNDERER VOL 10 GN

POGO COMPLETE SYNDICATED STRIPS VOL 8: HIJINKS FROM THE HORN

Collects the years 1963 and 1964 of the classic newspaper strip whose political satire feels more timely than ever.

Walt Kelly's newspaper comic strip Pogo was a platform for Kelly to express political satire and commentary via a wildly entertaining, motley group of swamp critters. He tackled many of the sociopolitical issues of his day: the Red Scare, civil rights, the environment, consumerism. But the strip is also a joyous, poignant, beautifully drawn, and occasionally profound work of 20th-century popular culture. It is such an all-time classic it is hard to believe that this series marks the first time that Pogo dailies and Sundays have been published in complete and in chronological order anywhere. Not only does each volume contain two full calendar years of restored black-and-white daily strips: it also includes all 104 Sundays from the same period. For the first time since their original appearance more than 50 years ago, the Sundays are in full, glorious color!

Edited by comics legend Mark Evanier and Fantagraphics Associate Publisher Eric Reynolds, with supplements and resources by comics historians R.C. Harvey and Maggie Thompson, each volume has a surprise foreword. (Jake Tapper, Sergio Aragonés, and Neil Gaiman have contributed.) Each dust jacket spotlights gorgeous, hand-painted "collaborations" between Kelly and cartoonist Linda Medley, the acclaimed creator of Castle Waiting.

POGO COMPLETE SYNDICATED STRIPS BOX SET VOL 7 & 8 HC

Also out this month: Pogo The Complete Syndicated Comic Strips Box Set: Vols. 7 & 8: Pockets Full of Pie & Hijinks from the Horn of Plenty

• Heads up, comic strippers!

POKEMON SWORD & SHIELD VOL 5 GN

POP STAR ASSASSIN 2 #4

PUELLA MAGI ORIKO MAGICA COMPLETE OMNIBUS EDITION GN

RESISTANCE UNIVERSE ORIGINS TP

ROBONIC STOOGES: STOOGE WARS #1

Story: SA Check |  Art: Diego Tapie | Covers: Eric Shanower, cel cover | American Mythology | All Ages | 32 pages | $3.99

Could this be The Robonic Stooges last stand?! The fate of the world hangs in the balance as the mysterious stranger known only as The Overyonder has kidnapped the planet’s greatest heroes and deadliest villains to battle for the ultimate prize! Can Moe, Larry and Curly pull their ragtag team together? Or will the combined forces of Professor Cluck, PoodleMan, Dr. Crackula and the rest of the Robo-Stooges’ legendary rogues gallery prove too much for the boys! Tune in to find out! This is the Robonic Stooges event of the year! The Robonic Stooges Present: Stooge Wars comes with three covers — main parody cover by Eric Shanower, animation cel cover, and a 100-copy limited edition Century.

RUN ON YOUR NEW LEGS VOL 3 GN

SAD GIRL SPACE LIZARD GN

By Iggy Craig

Lieutenant Left is barely scraping by at her maintenance job on a lonely, two-lizard mech crew. Every day seems just as monotonous as the last, until disaster strikes Commander Right on a routine mission. Now it’s up to Left to step up, or risk being stranded in space … with nobody around except her hot crewmate for millions and millions of miles.

Cartoonist Iggy Craig’s debut graphic novel, Sad Girl Space Lizard is a queer mech action romance (for lizards). If you are a lizard, or have an appreciation for lizards, this comic is for you. If not, you’ll probably still enjoy it.

“What if we kissed on the lonely spaceship at the farthest reaches of space? What if we were able to transcend our stations in life and live for ourselves? What if it just took a little imagination to find something beyond a surface-level existence in the systems that grind us down? And we were both girls?” — Laura Knetzger (Bug Boys)

• The generously accurate desctiption "a queer mech action romance (for lizards)" probably tells you if you're into this or not. By Silver Sprocket, of course.

SAKAMOTO DAYS VOL 5 GN

SAYONARA FOOTBALL VOL 14 GN

SCARY CHRISTMAS III: SANTA'S REVENGE

SHY VOL 1 GN

SOULFIRE CORE #2

SPLENDID WORK OF MONSTER MAID VOL 4 GN

SUMMER YOU WERE THERE VOL 2 GN

TALES OF KINGDOM VOL 2 HC

TALES OF TERROR QUARTERLY 2022 HOLIDAY SPECIAL

TEASING MASTER TAKAGI SAN VOL 16 GN

TERRIFIED TEACHER AT GHOUL SCHOOL VOL 12 GN

TEX & ZAGOR BANDERA GN

THE BOXER VOL 1 GN

TOM HOLLAND'S FRIGHT NIGHT #1

UZAKI CHAN WANTS TO HANG OUT VOL 8 GN

VAL X LOVE VOL 13 GN

WINGS OF FIRE VOL 6: MOON RISING GN

WORLD OF BETTY & VERONICA JUMBO COMICS DIGEST #21

YAKUZA LOVER VOL 7 GN

YORHA PEARL HARBOR DESCENT RECORD NIER AUTOMATA VOL 1 GN

YOUR TURN TO DIE VOL 3 GN

ZORRO'S FELIZ NAVIDAD SPECIAL #1

Story: Jordan Gershowitz, James Kuhoric, VARIOUS | Art: Gerardo Gambone, Puis Calzada, Various | Cover: Mark Sparacio | American Mythology | $3.99

Feliz Navidad!  It is Zorro's very first Christmas special ever!  With adventurous new short stories and a few classic tales from yesteryear brought together into a fun package that celebrates the unique joy that is Zorro!  The holidays are a special time and this issue brings out the very best in our hero as he delivers his own brand of peace and joy to the citizens of Pueblo de Los Angeles. This incredible issue celebrates the hero Zorro as he helps to bring the most wonderful time of year to life for the less fortunate.  Join us in this unique look at the holidays through the eyes of the Masked Avenger, Zorro!  This issue comes with four covers — Main by Mark Sparacio, Classic Art Variant, a Photo Cover, and a special Black & White Century edition limited to just 100 copies printed!  

• Alas, no Alex Toth.

MAGAZINES

VAMPIRESS CARMILLA MAGAZINE #13

BOOKS

APOCALYPSE WAR DOSSIER SC NOVEL

MAGIC THE GATHERING THE VISUAL GUIDE HC

SPIDER-MAN THE SPIDER-VERSE UNFOLDS HC

TOVE JANSSON THE ILLUSTRATORS HC

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• "'Batman' is the simplest distillation of pulp elements ever created, so pure a creation it  appeals to generations of readers of all ages, genders and politics. 'Spawn' is a derivative, complicated collection of transient pop culture elements cynically designed to appeal to a specific group of immature fanboys in the 1990s."

Wow. that is...

JQ6SbW6.gif

"These are the characters Jeff of Earth-J has been talking about in this thread."

Looks as if I finished (inadvertently) just in time.

"STARMAN COMPENDIUM VOL 2 TP"

Oh. I don't remember seeing this solicited. (That's on DC, not me.) I will mention that I did see a Sandman Mystery Theater compendium solicited this month.

"The quote says this is 'a perfect homage to Kubert's classic Tarzan comics'"

Joe Kubert's Tarzan doesn't need an homage; Kubert's Tarzan is an homage (to ERB).

"...but it looks more like a John Buscema homage to me."

Agreed.

I meant to take a look at #1 of that but I guess I missed it.

"Do I have [Age of Bronze v3 tpb]? I don't know. Probably."

I know I don't... not in tpb. It was solicited to ship a while ago, but I didn't pre-order it. I'll probably buy it anyway.

I do wish Shanowar would progress the story a bit"

I wouldn't mind seeing some new issues of Dave Lapham's Stray Bullets, either.

"TOO DEAD TO DIE TP"

Sounds like a parody. Haven't heard anything about this, but if Chaykin's involved I'm in.

"I wish I still cared about Spider-Man. I miss those days."

I had been reading this latest series but this "Dark Web" crap drove me right away.

THING OMNIBUS HC

Is the the  Byrne series? Meh. I had forgotten this was even solicited.

• I hope it was implied in the comment about the Tarzan quote that I don't exactly take to heart a recommendation from some website that doesn't know the difference between Joe Kurbert and John Buscema.

• I have the first two "Killer" HCs, which were sent to me for review back in the day. I enjoyed them. I would like to read this one, too, but not if I have to pay for it. Which I guess is a review.

I read the monthly series, and I thought it was okay. Definitely, not shelling out for a HC.

AGE OF BRONZE VOL 3: BETRAYAL PART 1 (NEW EDITION) TP

• Do I have this? I don't know. Probably.
    • I try to support this project every way I can, so I'll probably buy this, even though I probably have it already in different formats. I do wish Shanowar would progress the story a bit, instead of reprinting what he's already done. But I guess the economics guide his hand.

I'm 90% sure that I do have this. With no new material probably because of why Cap pointed out, my enthusiasm for this series has seriously waned. What has been put out was great.

I wouldn't mind seeing some new issues of Dave Lapham's Stray Bullets, either.

At least Stray Bullets' series have had conclusions, so that is a bonus. I'd love to see some more, too!

I wish I still cared about Spider-Man. I miss those days.

The only non-Star Wars comic I am buying from Marvel right now is Hulk. The longer I don't read characters I used to almost always collect, the easier it is to stay away from them.

This reply was deleted.