DAMN THEM ALL #4 (OF 6)

GRIM VOL 1 TP

MMPR TMNT II #2 (OF 5)

ONCE UPON A TIME AT END OF WORLD #3

DARK HORSE COMICS

AMERICAN GODS VOL 1: SHADOWS TP

DRAGON AGE: THE MISSING #1 (OF 4)

Story: George Mann | Art: Kieron McKeown | Cover: Matthew Taylor | $3.99

Join the diverse cast of the acclaimed BioWare series Dragon Age for their latest adventure from Dark Horse Comics. Dragon Age: The Missing #1 begins an all-new series that follows Varric and his trusty partner Bianca, along with lead Inquisition scout Lace Harding. The story is written by George Mann with art by Kieran McKeown and colors by Michael Atiyeh, and features cover art by Matt Taylor.

Dragon Age: The Missing is a prequel story leading directly into BioWare’s upcoming game, Dragon Age: Dreadwolf!

Varric Tethras and Lace Harding descend into the abandoned Deep Roads beneath Marnas Pell in pursuit of a former friend. But the corruption of the blight has infected the walls, and the threat of darkspawn looms heavy in the air …

Dragon Age: Until We Sleep #1 a compelling start to what could be a truly amazing affair that's chock-full of fantastical elements to both enlighten and entertain its audience. Recommended.” — Unleash the Fanboy

“A solid entry into the realm of Dragon Age. There's magic, blood and just a touch of that "morality" feel that the games, as well as Bioware as a whole, are so famous for. Our characters are well formed and have great chemistry together, forming a believable bond. The story portion stops short right at the end but hey, that's what next issue's for.” — Comic Plug

Dragon Age: Deception is a solid read for a fantasy book, as well as one of the strongest tie-in's that I've ever read.” — The Fandom Post

Dragon Age: Dark Fortress #1 is a tense start to a new series. It's richly detailed, full of backstory and foreshadowing. Throw in the dramatic artwork, and it is a memorable issue that fans of the franchise will enjoy.” — Monkeys Fighting Robots

FRAGMENTATION HC

Story: Marc Guggenheim | Art: Beni Lobel | $24.99

From writer Emmy Award-winning writer Marc Guggenheim (Arrow, Last Flight Out), and artist Beni R. Lobe (Batman: Arkham Unhinged), with colors by Christopher Sotomayor, comes Guggenheim’s newest mind-bending graphic novel, Fragmentation!

When pieces of history from some of the world’s most historic events start appearing as fragments of time invading our world, all of human existence is threatened. One family discovers that their personal tragedy is at the center of everything, making them the only people who can help put an end to the Fragmentations which threaten humanity.

From Guggenheim, “With Fragmentation, we’ve tried to create the comic book equivalent of a Christopher Nolan feature film with a simple story of family at its core. Beni Lobe has done the work of his career bringing these amazing visuals to stunning life.”

Praise for Last Flight Out:

Last Flight Out contains all the action of a summer blockbuster and a message that is timely without being preachy. Backed by solid artwork, this is one flight you won't want to miss!” — Kabooooom!

“Guggenheim has managed to pull off some really solid pacing here, cover a lot of territory, and still leave quite a bit of meat on the bone for the finale.” — Comicbook.com

“Guggenheim continues to craft an engaging and entertaining thriller in this series. The interpersonal conflicts continue to be the backbone of the story and their complications are thought provoking.” — Super Powered Fancast

NORSE MYTHOLOGY VOL 3 HC

Yay! I think this completes the series (I think), which is far better than the actual book from which it's adapted. Which is weird, since the same writer (Neil Gaiman) wrote them both.

VAMPIRE HUNTER D OMNIBUS VOL 3 TP

THE WITCHER: THE BALLAD OF TWO WOLVES #2

YOUTH VOL 2 TP

Story: Curt Pires | Art/Cover: Alex Diotto | $22.99

Written by Curt Pires and with art by Alex Diotto, co-creators of the acclaimed comic Olympia, with colors by Dee Cunniffe and letters by Micah Myers, YOUTH is an epic superhuman saga unlike any other. YOUTH is currently in development as an original series with Amazon Studios with executive producer Patrick Moran.

“Bold, genre-defying and heartfelt, YOUTH hits a reader like the meteor in its own pages; an angry, wondrous and transformative book.” — Scott Snyder, writer Batman, American Vampire, Nocterra

“Pires, Diotto, Cunniffe and Myers mix scathing dialogue, gestural lines and a blazing colour scheme to take a well-worn genre and inject it with a new, rebellious pulse. Posthuman powers plus iGen hormones equals hyper-violent results. YOUTH takes the established superhero fruit and peels it with a post millennial edge.” — Declan Shalvey, writer Moon Knight, Bog Bodies

“If you're a fan of Chronicle, or even more recent intimate superhero stories like Fast Color,  it's very much worth checking out.” — SYFY Wire

DC COMICS

ACTION COMICS #1051

Story: Phillip Kennedy Johnson, Dan Jurgens, Leah Williams | Art: Rafa Sandoval, Lee Weeks, Marguerite Sauvage | Cover: Dan Mora | $4.99

Action Comics #1051, DC’s most action-packed title, will have a new format, offering not one, not two, but three epic adventures of Superman and the entire Super-Family, including stories by Dan Jurgens and Leah Williams!

Following the bombshell events of Action Comics #1050, the world’s relationship with Superman is forever changed, the upper limits of his supercharged powers have yet to be reached, and the House of El’s transformation of Metropolis, led by Steel, has begun. But Lex Luthor has found the perfect instrument with which to undo everything Superman is working to achieve: Metallo, whose hatred of Superman is matched only by his hatred for Luthor himself.

“My one-word mission statement for Action Comics in 2023 is ‘Super-Family,’ and I draw inspiration from the 100-page Giant ‘Superman Family' issues,” said writer Phillip Kennedy Johnson. “We’re giving everyone in the House of El their own role and personal journey while still keeping Superman at the forefront, and tying all the Super-titles together in a way that’s reminiscent of the Triangle Era. I couldn’t be more excited to be part of this new era of Action Comics, and doing it alongside such a consummate artist as Rafa Sandoval and comics titan Dan Jurgens truly makes it a once-in-a-lifetime experience.”

Then, in “Lois and Clark 2: Doom Rising,” Dan Jurgens and Lee Weeks return to tell the tale of young Jon Kent on the farm with his parents, learning about his abilities, coming of age … and battling the Doombreaker?!

And the final story in Action Comics features Power Girl’s return in part one of a three-part story by Leah Williams and Marguerite Sauvage spinning out of Lazarus Planet.

• Man, the Super-Family has really grown! The Bat-Army has some competition.
  • It would be nice if they could make Power Girl a viable character. But her history is almost as messed up as Hawkman's. What Earth is she from currently?

BATMAN: CATWOMAN — ONE BAD DAY #1 ONE-SHOT

Story: G. Willow Wilson | Art/Cover: Jamie Mckelvie | $7.99

Selina Kyle, a.k.a. Catwoman, is the greatest thief that Gotham City has ever seen. She's effortlessly stolen countless items of immense value over the years and successfully evaded the GCPD and Batman. But when Catwoman finds out an item from her past is being sold for way more than it used to be worth, it sends Catwoman into a spiral, and she'll do everything in her power to steal it back. Batman tries to stop her before she goes too far, and a mysterious figure known as the Forger will change Catwoman's life forever. The all-star creative team of G. WILLOW WILSON (Poison Ivy, Ms. Marvel) and JAMIE McKELVIE (The Wicked & The Divine, Young Avengers) unite for this epic story!

• Is Catwoman still considered a villain?
  • Tradewaiting.

BLACK ADAM: THE JUSTICE SOCIETY CASE FILES TP

• Collects Black Adam: The Justice Society Files —Hawkman #1, Black Adam: The Justice Society Files — Cyclone #1, Black Adam: The Justice Society Files — Atom Smasher #1, and Black Adam: The Justice Society Files — Dr. Fate #1.
  • What a strange group of JSAers they chose for Black Adam. Maybe they had plans beyond that movie for Hawkman, Doctor Fate, Cyclone and Atom Smasher that we will never know. And it goes without saying they weren't going to include any character that might confuse people, like Alan Scott, Jay Garrick or Diana of Themyscira.

BLUE BEETLE: GRADUATION DAY #3 (OF 6)

CATWOMAN #51

DARK NIGHTS: METAL OMNIBUS HC

• I've been waiting for this, but it's been so long I don't remember why.

DC HORROR PRESENTS: SGT. ROCK VS. THE ARMY OF THE DEAD #5 (OF 6)

DETECTIVE COMICS #1068

EARTH-PRIME TP

GOTHAM KNIGHTS: GILDED CITY #4 (OF 6)

HARLEY QUINN #26

HUMAN TARGET #11 (OF 12)

JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA #2

LAZARUS PLANET: WE WERE ONCE GODS #1 (ONE-SHOT)

Story/Art: | Cover: David Marque, Alejandro Sanchez | $4.99

Written by Francis Manapul, Dan Watters, Philip Kennedy Johnson, and Josie Campbell. Art by Francis Manapul, Max Dunbar, Jack Herbert, and Caitlin Yarsky. As the Lazarus rain beats down upon planet Earth, human beings are only a fraction of those affected by this transformative upheaval--enter: We Once Were Gods. This series of vignettes explores Lazarus Planet's effects across the many extraordinary locations and creatures in the DC Universe, and like their human counterparts, these beings are in for some big changes. Can Themyscira survive the resurrection of every invading army that ever graced its shores? Will Martian Manhunter survive a psychic link to a Doomsday nest? What happens when the monsters from the Trench gain the ability to breathe air? And look out, Shazam Family ... the Rock of Eternity is about to get rocked.

PUNCHLINE: THE GOTHAM GAME #4 (OF 6)

SANDMAN UNIVERSE: DEAD BOY DETECTIVES #2 (OF 6)

TIM DRAKE ROBIN #5

DYNAMITE ENTERTAINMENT

007 #6

CHERISH #3

DARKWING DUCK #1

Story: Amanda Deibert | Art: Carlo Lauro | Cover: David Nakayama | $3.99

He is the terror that flaps in the night...He is the ferocious fowl who plucks the evil eye from the face of foul play. ... He is Darkwing Duck! Alongside his trusty sidekick Lauchpad McQuack, Darkwing hyper-vigilantly defends St. Canard from the dastardly, devilish demons who would wage wanton war! By night, our caped defender lurks in the shadows, striking fear (and maybe confusion?) in the heart of the criminal underworld ... but by day, no one suspects that Darkwing is also mild-mannered Drake Mallard, a well-meaning father to his adorable adopted daughter, Gosalyn! Can Darkwing successfully navigate his two separate lives, all while looking incredibly cool and impossibly handsome? (Hint: Probably not, but ...) You'll have to read to find out!

GARGOYLES #2

GREEN HORNET: ONE NIGHT IN BANGKOK ONE-SHOT

Story: Shannon Denton | Art: Jethro Morales | Covers: Dan Panosian, Dave Johnson, Matt Wagner

| Teen+ | 40 pages | $4.99

The Green Hornet returns in the all-new epic "One Night in Bangkok"! The son of a criminal the Green Hornet once sent to prison has grown up vowing vengeance on the costumed crime-fighter — and with the training of the world's foremost assassin, the man now known only as Snake will at last have his revenge! Descending on Century City, Snake sets out on a bloody campaign to decimate the criminal population — all in the name of the Green Hornet. It's up to the Green Hornet to leap into action, salvage his reputation, and confront Snake before more lives are lost. Television, comics, and videogame writer Shannon Denton teams up with artist Jethro Morales (Sheena, Queen of the Jungle) for this fast-paced epic that brings back one of the greatest action heroes of all time — the Green Hornet!

• I like the song. "One night in Bangkok makes a hard man humble ..."

LORD OF THE JUNGLE #3

NINJETTES #5

SIRENS GATE #3

Skyrocketing superstar artist Shannon Maer has wowed fans all over with his stunning painted covers for years. Now at Dynamite he's debuting his first ever extended interiors, as he writes, paints and letters the jaw-dropping SIREN'S GATE. The sensual and spine-tingling story has gotten great feedback from fans so far, and issue #3 ramps it all up even more!

Check out this sneak preview at the new issue, plus grab the first two from your Local Comic Shop if you haven't already, and subscribe to the series! Preorders for #3 are due ASAP!

• There's something "Uncanny Valley" about this art.

VAMPIRELLA STRIKES #9

VAMPIRELLA: YEAR ONE #5

IDW PUBLISHING

DEAD SEAS #2

GODZILLA RIVALS ROUND ONE TP

STAR TREK: SNW — ILLYRIAN ENIGMA #2

TMNT: LAST RONIN — THE LOST YEARS #1

With over 840,000 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Last Ronin issues in print and the newly released hardcover collection currently flying off shelves, IDW in partnership with Paramount Consumer Products is thrilled to announce a follow-up to the popular comic book miniseries and graphic novel collection, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Last Ronin — The Lost Years, debuting in November 2022. Written by TMNT co-creator Kevin Eastman and series veteran Tom Waltz and illustrated by SL Gallant and returning artist Ben Bishop, Lost Years digs deeper into the world of the Ronin-verse, adding breadth and scope to one of TMNT’s most ravenously devoured, widely beloved, and critically acclaimed entries of all time.

“Continuing to expand on an idea Peter Laird and I had thirty-five years ago with this incredible creative team has been the adventure of a lifetime,” says Eastman. “To continue exploring and telling stories within the Last Ronin universe couldn’t possibly be more exciting for me. I'm so thrilled we get to stay and play here for a while and I can't wait to share everything we have planned. Buckle up, TMNT fans! We've got two turtle universes that are both about to get seriously awesome!"

“When Kevin Eastman and I first began collaborating on TMNT: The Last Ronin, we were building on a very solid foundation,” says Waltz. “We had the basic outline for the story that Kevin and Peter Laird had written back in 1987, which provided a fantastic roadmap for the story we wanted to tell. But as time passed, we began to realize that Last Ronin’s story was so much bigger than we had originally anticipated–past, present, and future. There’s so much more about this world that we still want to share with our fans. TMNT: The Last Ronin–The Lost Years represents the first expansion of what we now fondly call the ‘Ronin-verse.’ It offers our many loyal readers a much more detailed look at the Ronin’s past, as well as sharing a glimpse of an exciting future for the many allies he’s been forced to leave behind.”

“It’s all very top secret at the moment,” Bishop confides, “but I will say this—believe it or not, even more so than in the original Last Ronin series, the stuff I get to draw in Lost Years is an old-school TMNT kid’s wildest dream come true! I’m so excited to get the gang back together again so we can expand even more on this world we’ve been building—not only in Last Ronin, but in the TMNT universe as a whole,” says Bishop.

“Kevin, Tom, and Ben set big expectations with The Last Ronin, but that was only the beginning,” says editor Charles Beacham. “With Lost Years we’re going bigger, digging deeper, and giving fans more of what they didn’t even know they wanted. This is the start of an all-new chapter for TMNT and you won’t want to miss it.”

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Last Ronin — The Lost Years #1 will be available in stores with three cover variants for fans and retailers to enjoy, including Cover A by Kevin Eastman and Ben Bishop, Cover B by SL Gallant, and a retailer incentive edition by Mike Deodato.

• This is apparently a hit, but I don't really care which of the Turtles is the last to survive, because I never cared enough to distinguish between them. But maybe this is your jam.

TMNT SATURDAY MORNING ADVENTURES #4

IMAGE COMICS

AMERICAN JESUS REVELATION #3 (OF 3)

CREEPSHOW #5 (OF 5)

(OF 5)Story: Steve Orlando, Clay Chapman McLeod | Art: Marianna Ignazzi, Anwita Citriya | Cover: Chris Burnham, Adriano Lucas | Mature | $3.99

In the spirit of all iterations of Creepshow in pop culture, each issue of the Creepshow comic anthology series comes packed with two spine-chilling stories. 

First, Steve Orlando (Marauders) and Marianna Ignazzi (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) scare up a sensational yarn about a young man who’ll go to extreme lengths to retain his youth. 

“Creepshow was a world I just had to step into,” said Steve Orlando. “For me, horror has always been at the core of some of our deepest, darkest, mythologies. Born out of our primal fear of the dark, whispered as illuminated oral histories to keep us close to the safety of the campfire. Horror has always been a beautiful lens to speak about the dangers of the moment, its obsessions, its toxicities, the up-to-date versions of those dangers waiting too far from the fire, in the dark, beyond moderation on the slide to excess and depravity. So, the chance to weave the present in with the iconic, horrific critiques of the human condition seeded long ago in Marlowe's Faustus was an exciting one! In our Creepshow short, you can't beat time and you can't beat the devil ... but maybe you can pit them against each other for just a little while longer.”

"Horror movies and horror books were a staple in our home when I was growing up,” said Marianna Ignazzi. “My older brother introduced me to them. I liked the suspense and the times that we needed to hold our breath, as if our breathing could affect the story.  So, when Alex Antone contacted me to work on Creepshow with Steve Orlando, it brought me back to the time when we were kids and crazy about all things horror. It is kind of thrilling to imagine that people from all ages might be holding their breaths too as they read this amazing anthology with my drawings on it.”

Then, Clay McLeod Chapman (Scream: Curse of Carnage) and exciting newcomer Anwita Citriya invite you to a debutante ball so horrifying you’ll be crawling out of your skin. 

“Ever since I was a kid, Creepshow has traumatized me ... from cockroaches to killer oil slicks from the film, to weretortoises and killer queen Beeyonces from the TV show ...” said Clay McLeod Chapman. “It’s only fair that I now get to return the favor and contribute an all-new trauma for the Creepshow comic: Southern debutantes.”

“I've always found the period of transition into adulthood fascinating,” said Anwita Citriya. “An experience riddled with anxiety as we undergo physical and psychological changes. So, when I was invited to illustrate Clay McLeod Chapman’s beautifully grotesque tale about the centuries-old coming of age tradition, the debutante ball, I was beyond ecstatic! I hope our readers enjoy the story as much as I have enjoyed illustrating it!”

In addition to the main cover by Chris Burnham, Creepshow #5 comes with an impressive lineup of variant covers, including a cover by legendary artist Kelley Jones (The Sandman, Batman) and a 1:10 incentive cover by Vance Kelly. 

“Skybound’s Creepshow doesn’t just provide delightfully entertaining thrills and chills. It gives the franchise something it’s always deserved.” — Screen Rant 

“Campy fun and chock-full of gore, the revival of Stephen King’s Creepshow comic is perfect for the new generation and this year’s spooky season.” — CBR  

“If you are looking for snapshot horror, Creepshow is the place to go.”— ComicBook.com 

“Entertaining, dark, and unpleasant, a post-modern take on the old E.C. Comics ‘preachies.’” — Major Spoilers 

• I may have to get the collection, if it's available in HC. I'll file it with EC!

HELL TO PAY #3 (OF 6)

HITOMI #4 (OF 5)

INFERNO GIRL RED BOOK ONE #1 (OF 3)

Covers: Erica D’urso, Francesco Manna, Nicole Goux, Nicola Scott & Annette Kwok, Eleonora Carlini, Marcelo Costa & Erica D’urso | $5.99

From creators Erica D’urso (The Mighty Valkyries) and Mat Groom (Self/Made, Ultraman), the saga of the newest Image Comics superhero begins in the upcoming Inferno Girl Red, which originated in 2021 as a successful Kickstarter campaign. Now this three-issue miniseries is coming to Image and is perfect for a Young Adult/Teen audience and will join Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, Radiant Red, The Dead Lucky, Radiant Pink and C.O.W.L. in the expanding shared Massive-Verse of superheroes.

A new school, new relationships, new possibilities — for any teenager, big moves are both challenging and exciting. But it’s something else entirely for Cássia Costa in Inferno Girl Red … because an ancient cult and their army of demons has ripped her new home of Apex City out of the universe and cast it into darkness!

To have any hope of saving it, Cássia must survive the worst night of her life, embrace a secret legacy, and find the courage to fight when all seems lost — as the blazing light of hope in the dark, Inferno Girl Red!

“This book is about Cássia deciding who she’s going to become, in a dark and uncertain world. And it parallels a question we’ve been asking ourselves as creators: what are superhero comics going to become?" said Groom in an exclusive on the announcement at io9. "What should they become? Inferno Girl Red is the next stage of the Massive-Verse’s urgent, electric and heartfelt response to that."

D'urso added further detail: “More than a superhero story, it was important to me that the environments and the emotions of the characters were real to those who will read Cassia's story. Because IGR mainly tells of the need to believe even in what does not seem tangible to us, whether it is the trust that someone feels for us or a simple magical bracelet fallen from the sky.”

"In Inferno Girl Red, teamwork is essential — both in the story and amongst us creators," said colorist Igor Monti. "Internal and external conflicts are easier to overcome if there are people we can trust to help us unlock our true power. Working on this book, I learned what Cássia does in the story — all it takes is a spark of hope to unleash that power."

Kyle Higgins & Marcelo Costa’s breakout hit Radiant Black took superhero storytelling to new heights when it launched in 2021 — but Radiant Black isn’t the only character inhabiting the growing Massive-Verse. Each character has a different story to tell, different adversaries to face … and they each occupy a very different corner of this shared superhero universe. Now’s the time to get into the Massive-Verse.

Higgins added: “When Mat first pitched me Inferno Girl Red, long before Radiant Black was on stands, it was the quickest ‘Yes’ of all time. From the beginning, this was a project that I wanted to do whatever I could to help make real — I could not be more proud of the book that Mat, Erica, Igor, Becca, For The People and Michael have built. This is a bold, striking debut from a creative team that I think a whole lot of people are going to fall in love with.”

INVINCIBLE ANNIVERSARY

Skybound announced the kickoff of its year-long 20th anniversary celebration of Invincible, the groundbreaking comic series from Robert Kirkman, Cory Walker & Ryan Ottley that has become the most successful new superhero franchise of the century. The series follows teenager Mark Grayson discovering that having his father’s superpowers and being a hero isn't what he expected!

Created by Robert Kirkman and Cory Walker, Invincible #1 debuted to critical acclaim on Jan. 22, 2003. Soon after, they were joined by artist and contributing creator Ryan Ottley. Throughout its 15-year run, Invincible not only continued for a historic 144 issues but also spawned multiple spinoff series and even an intercompany crossover with a certain friendly neighborhood superhero. In 2021, the Invincible animated series arrived on Amazon Prime and quickly became one of the most popular new streaming series of the year, earning praise worldwide for its fresh storytelling. With a second season set on the horizon and new comic book projects to be announced, Invincible remains a cornerstone of the pop culture landscape that continues to grow in popularity every year.

“Wow, 20 years! I can't believe it,” said Robert Kirkman. “Invincible is something that Cory, Ryan and I have devoted a large portion of our lives to. Now that it's being discovered by an infinitely larger audience it's really great to see it live on in so many different forms. It's so gratifying to know that people will be falling in love with Invincible for years to come.”

"I'm not one to usually get excited, but 2023 is going to be the biggest year for Invincible yet, with so many crazy and unexpected things on the way!” said Cory Walker. “I'd say Invincible fans should get ready but there's really nothing you can do to prepare for all that awesome that's coming.”

Invincible is turning 20?! Happy Birthday, Markus Sebastian Grayson!” said Ryan Ottley. “I’m so happy to see so many new viewers and readers jump in and experience our series for the first time, and I can’t wait for everyone to see what’s next!”

INVINCIBLE #1 FACSIMILE EDITION

Story: Robert Kirkman | Art: Bill Crabtree | Art/Cover: Cory Walker | $3.99

The 20th Anniversary drops begin in January 2023, as Invincible #1 returns with an all-new facsimile edition reprinting the highly sought-after first issue to give fans one more chance to own this piece of entertainment history.

INVINCIBLE UNDELUXE #1

Story: Robert Kirkman | Art/Cover: Cory Walker | $3.99

Plus, get ready to experience Invincible Undeluxe #1 one-shot, follow Mark Grayson's journey again, from the very beginning, but this time in STUNNING BLACK & WHITE! This undeluxe version will feature a memorable array of variant covers as well as an installment of “The Cutting Room Floor,” featuring ROBERT KIRKMAN's original handwritten plot and commentary. This undeluxe, not quite definitive presentation of the story in thrilling black & white color will NOT be collected any time soon!

INVINCIBLE UNIVERSE COMPENDIUM

Story: Robert Kirkman | Art: Cory Walker, Bill Crabtree | Art/Cover: Ryan Ottley | $99.99

And, on the same day, you can get your hands on the Invincible Compendium Vol.1 HC, a brand-new hardcover collecting issues #0-47 of your favorite superhero comic. This will be exclusive to comic shops in honor of their support from day one for Mark Grayson, Omni-Man and all your other favorite characters in the Invincible Universe.

Discover more of this exciting world with the Invincible Universe Compendium, collecting Invincible Presents: Atom Eve #1-2, Invincible Presents: Atom Eve & Rex Splode #1-3, Guarding The Globe (Vol 1) #1-6, Guarding The Globe (Vol. 2) #1-6 and Invincible Universe #1-12 in an all-new format. This is your chance to go beyond the adventures of Invincible and Omni-Man to learn about your favorite — or soon to be favorite — superheroes in a single edition.

Skybound will also soon announce new Invincible drops featuring apparel, collectibles, tabletop games, video games and more! After all, the Best Superhero Comic in The Universe deserves The Best Anniversary in The Universe!

“There are few comic books I love more than Invincible, and I’ll always remember Robert walking into my office, telling me that the series was ending,” said Sean Mackiewicz, SVP/Publisher, Skybound Entertainment. “Now, all these years later, the Invincible fanbase is stronger than ever, and we’re celebrating this anniversary across every division of Skybound to ensure that fans can experience the thrill of Mark, Nolan, Eve and the whole Invincible Universe in ways they never imagined. Is this where I say my favorite character is Battle Beast?”

• I stopped reading Invincible about halfway through. Just lost interest. But I am looking forward to season 2 of the cartoon.

JUNKYARD JOE #4

KILLADELPHIA #27

LOVESICK #4 (OF 7)

MAGIC ORDER 4 #1 (OF 6)

Story: Mark Millar | Art/Cover: Dike Ruan | $4.99

MINISERIES PREMIERE

BRAND NEW ARC! The Magic Order is in turmoil after Cordelia is forced to expel her brother. Whispers of discontent persist among the other wizards. They're tired of the rules they've all been living under-and now a coup is brewing.

• More Mark Millar I don't read.

MANIFEST DESTINY VOL 8 TP

MONSTRESS #42

PLUSH #3 (OF 6)

SAGA #61

Story: Brian K. Vaughan | Art/Cover: Fiona Staple | $3.99

The bestselling, award-winning Saga by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples will kick off a highly anticipated new story arc in January 2023 from Image Comics.

“We’re back! No spoilers, but Fiona and I are extremely excited about some of the familiar faces returning in this shocking new ‘season' of Saga," said Vaughan. "Times might be tough for Hazel and her family, but the best is yet to come.”

In the upcoming Saga #61, readers are treated to another epic season of emotional adventures and shocking surprises for Hazel and her star-crossed family. It will pick up where the recent Saga Vol. 10 trade paperback release (collecting Saga #55-60) left off.

The Saga series has sold seven million copies to date across single issue, trade paperback, compendium, hardcover, and digital editions and has been translated into 20 languages. The series also boasts many awards including Harvey Awards, a Hugo Award, British Fantasy Award, Goodreads Choice Award, Shuster Award, Inkwell Award, Ringo Award and has the record for most Eisner Award wins in the "Best Continuing Series" category. It has been featured in such mainstream media outlets as TIME, Entertainment Weekly, The Atlantic, NPR and more. The series has become a pop culture phenomenon and has been immortalized with references and Easter eggs appearing in such popular TV shows as Supernatural, The Big Bang Theory, The Simpsons and even a recent Taco Bell commercial featuring the characters dressed in cosplay.

Readers interested in catching up on the series so far, can binge read the already released volumes of Saga in Saga Books One-Three deluxe hardcover, Saga Compendium One paperback; and Saga Vols. 1-10 trade paperback.

Select praise for Saga:

“A completely addictive, human story.” — Publishers Weekly (starred review)

“While the book works as a poignant love story and an indictment of prejudice, trippy visuals and clever dialog make this Romeo and Juliet space opera a lot of fun as well.” — Library Journal

“Vaughan's whip-snap dialogue is as smart, cutting and well timed as ever … [Staples’] character designs dish out some of the best aliens around, the immersive world-crafting is lushly detailed and deeply thought through, and the spacious layouts keep the focus squarely on the personal element, despite the chaotic cosmos they inhabit.” — Booklist (starred review)

“The kind of comic that you get when truly talented superstar creators are given the freedom to produce their dream comic. … Saga is Heavy Metal eclecticism synthesized into a singular, sprawling narrative à la Cerberus or The Walking Dead — a vast sandbox built for never ending castle-building.” — Entertainment Weekly

“An unwieldy, profane and glorious ode to compassion and equality … a sprawling tale that shuffles the beats of numerous genres, including pulp romance, road trip, Western, dark comedy and political thriller.” — The Atlantic

“There are two kinds of people in this world: Those who are reading Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples amazing adult sci-fi/fantasy Image comic Saga, and those who haven’t yet. The former people are leading happier, fuller lives, because Saga is amaaaaaazzzing.” — io9/Gizmodo

Saga is the space fantasy comic of our times.” — BookRiot

“The humanity that BKV imbues on his characters is rich and relatable, and the danger that surrounds them is fierce and ever present.” — IGN

• I got the first trade and loved it, but I want the whole thing in a durable package. Omnibus or deluxe HC, something like that. If that already exists, I missed it.

SPAWN: SCORCHED #14

VOYAGIS #3 (OF 5)

MARVEL COMICS

ALL-OUT AVENGERS #5

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #18

Story: Zeb Wells | Art: Ed McGuinness | Covers: John Romita Jr., Ed McGuinness | $3.99

As if the normal run-of-the-mill demons of Limbo weren't enough? Spider-Man finds himself facing a small army of demonized versions of his rogues' gallery! Can he make it home to stop Chasm and the Goblin Queen?!

• "Dark Web" tie-in.

ANT-MAN/GIANT-MAN EPIC COLLECTION TP ANT-MAN NO MORE

DEMON DAYS TP

DOCTOR STRANGE: FALL SUNRISE #3 (OF 4)

ELEKTRA: BLACK WHITE BLOOD TREASURY EDITION TP

• Is this a real treasury edition? Like the old days? That might be worth getting.

FANTASTIC FOUR BY BYRNE OMNIBUS VOL 2 HC

INCREDIBLE HULK #347 FACSIMILE EDITION

INCREDIBLE HULK PETER DAVID OMNIBUS VOL 2 HC (NEW PTG)

IRON CAT TP

KANG: SAGA OF ONCE AND FUTURE CONQUEROR TP

• Collects Fantastic Four (1961) #19; Avengers (1963) #8; All-New, All-Different Avengers #13; Avengers (2016) #1-6; Avengers: Back to Basics #5-6; Moon Knight Annual (2019) #1; Symbiote Spider-Man: King in Black #1-5; Timeless #1; and material from Fantastic Four (2018) #35.

MARVEL STUDIOS' BLACK WIDOW: ART OF MOVIE HC

MIDNIGHT SUNS #5 (OF 5)

MURDERWORLD: WOLVERINE #1

Story: Jim Zub, Ray Fawkes | Art: Carlos Nieto | Cover: Paco Medina | Teen+ | $3.99

Wolverine is "the best he is at what he does," and what he does is hunt victims in Murderworld! Our contestants are about to feel the SNIKT! Will anyone survive Arcade's deadliest game? Arcade and his schemes have been a punchline in the past, but this game is no joke. Each issue ups the ante and will keep readers guessing right up until the end. Don't miss it!

• "Murderworld" Part 3

SABRETOOTH AND EXILES #3 (OF 5)

SINS OF SINISTER #1

Story: Kieron Gillen | Art: Lucas Werneck | Cover: Leinil Francis Yu | Variants: Stanley “Artgerm” Lau, Joshua Cassara, Marco Checchetto, C.F. Villa, Geoff Shaw | $5.99

The Marvel Universe will descend into utter madness thanks to the machinations of one of the X-Men’s most devious villains: MISTER SINISTER! Enter this terrifying new age in SINS OF SINISTER!

This all-new mutant epic will begin in SINS OF SINISTER #1, a giant-sized one-shot by the visionary Immortal X-Men creative team, writer Kieron Gillen and artist Lucas Werneck. After that, the current Krakoan era will crumble and Immortal X-Men, X-Men Red and Legion of X will be washed away, transformed into three limited series: IMMORAL X-MEN, STORM & THE BROTHERHOOD OF MUTANTS and NIGHTCRAWLERS!

In STORM & THE BROTHERHOOD OF MUTANTS, face the wrath of Arakko! Mars has been destroyed — and now Storm wants revenge! To get it, the New Brotherhood of Arakko will battle their way through hell to seek the greatest secret of the Sinister Age…but are they fighting to save the world — or end it? And who is the new mutant hero called IRONFIRE?

Deadly powerful mutant chimeras are spliced and diced in NIGHTCRAWLERS! Mister Sinister unleashes his private army of assassins: THE LEGION OF THE NIGHT. Meet WAGNERINE, commanding this killer-crew of brainwashed hybrids, each one a genetic mix of Nightcrawler and one other of marvel's most murderous mutants! Mysterious forces seek to break Sinister's control over these fatal fanatics — to turn them AGAINST HIM. But who are they? And what are their true motives...? Enter MOTHER RIGHTEOUS ... and a meeting of the most powerful players in the Universe...

The leaders of mutantkind have gone bad in IMMORAL X-MEN! They said the mutants were humanity's future. In 10 years’ time, they’re proven right. The X-Men are sworn to crush a world that adores and respects them ... but Emma can take a few minutes out to crush Mister Sinister first. The Quiet Council have been at eachother’s throats since Krakoa was founded. Sinister may think he’s finally come out on top but he’ll wish he was more careful about what he wished for as his maneuvering backfires and a vicious conflict erupts with galactic-sized repercussions! Plus, the long-awaited return of a fan-favorite character from the early days of the Krakoa era — RASPUTIN!

“Sinister's lurked around, being sinister for all the Krakoan Age. Eventually, he was going to make a play. This is it, and it's bigger than you can imagine, stretching across 1000 years of nightmares,” Gillen explained. “Dystopic future stories are an X-Men classic. We wanted to find a new way to approach that, and give something we haven't seen before. I think we've pulled it off. Sinister gets exactly what he wants, and it's hell for everyone. Including Sinister.”

Series writers Kieron Gillen, Al Ewing, and Si Spurrier will pen their respective new titles, joined by artists Paco Medina, Andrea Di Vito and Alessandro Vitti. Tackling three separate time periods, each superstar artist will draw an issue of all three titles as consecutive issues propel the Marvel Universe further and further into a dark future, dramatically escalating the stakes with each startling time jump. 10 Years … 100 Years … 1000 Years … The Powers of Essex will seek to stretch beyond the limits of time and space until it comes crashing down in the X-Universe shattering finale one-shot, SINS OF SINISTER: DOMINION #1!

“I joke that it makes Age of Apocalypse look like the Swimsuit Special, and I'm not saying in terms of quality or anything,” Gillen explained to ComicBook.com in an exclusive interview. “What I'm actually saying is, by the end of the thousand-year bit, it's so apocalyptically grim.”

“You start at a very low-level conspiracy vibe. In the middle, you've got evil space opera, and then a far future of full-on gothic, operatic horror,” he continued. “That's the vibe of the three [time periods], and then we end on Sins of Sinister: Dominion to round it all off.”

This universe-melting X-event will introduce a horrifying timeline as Mister Sinister’s repulsive plans come to fruition. Currently playing a dangerous game with the very timestream of the Marvel Universe in the pages of Immortal X-Men, Sinister’s uncontrollable lust for domination will finally be satisfied but at what cost? It's the end of the world as we know it, but at least Sinister feels fine. For now. Can that last? Especially when we discover that he really is his own worst enemy ...

Infamous for his long-term meticulous manipulating, Mister Sinister’s scheming will yield unpredictable results in an overarching saga that pays off plot threads that have been haunting fans since Jonathan Hickman’s House of X and Powers of X! Sinister has been planning all this since the beginning…and is going to have to see through to the bitter end.  

• It's about time they did something about Sinister! He has obviously been up to no good since the founding of Krakoa. 
  • Here’s a trailer.

Here are some house ads from Marvel:

DESIGN SHEETS

The upcoming X-MEN saga will be told across three time periods. Artists Paco Medina, Andrea Di Vito, and Alessandro Vitti will each tackle a different era taking us 10 years, 100 years, and 1000 years into this dark future!

Among the YEAR 10 designs are Storm as she adopts Magneto’s signature style to defend what’s left of Arakko from Sinister’s reach, Captain America after he falls victim to Sinister’s corruption, and a mutant chimera that melds Nightcrawler and Wolverine. The YEAR 100 designs reveal a mysterious new replacement for Cable’s trademark techno-organic arm, a cruel fate for Nightcrawler, and a new look for Sinister himself. Lastly, the YEAR 1000 designs introduce two new characters who will play pivotal roles in the event, Ironfire and Auntie Fortune, and the long-awaited return of Rasputin from Jonathan Hickman’s House of X/Powers of X!

STAR WARS: DOCTOR APHRA #28

STAR WARS: HIGH REPUBLIC BLADE #2 (OF 4)

STAR WARS: LEGENDS NEW REPUBLIC OMNIBUS VOL 1 HC

STAR WARS: YODA #3 

STRANGE ACADEMY: YEAR ONE TP

THOR #30

WILD CARDS: DRAWING CARDS TP

X-TERMINATORS #5 (OF 5)

MORE COMICS

ABOLITION OF MAN #4 (OF 5)

ALLEY OOP AND DRAGON OF IRON CASTLE

• Comic strip collector alert!

ARCHIE VS. THE WORLD (ONE-SHOT)

Script: Aubrey Sitterson | Art: Jed Dougherty | Colors: Matt Herms | Letters: Jack Morelli | Covers: Jed Dougherty, Aaron Lopresti | 32 pages | $3.99

In a post-apocalyptic future, our hero Archie Andrews is cursed to walk the world alone — well, alone with his souped-up jalopy. But Archie can defend himself — in fact, he’s the master of a brutal, deadly form of martial arts and must use his skills when he comes face to face with his rival and evil mirror image, Reggie. This action-packed one-shot is equal parts Mad Max: Fury Road and The Fist of the North Star, and reunites the "Jughead the Burgarian" team from the smash-hit comic THE BEST ARCHIE COMIC EVER!

Archie Comics looks into the future — and it's not great! — in an all-new one-shot comic, ARCHIE VS. THE WORLD, hitting store shelves in January! The blockbuster sci-fi special pits Archie and pals against a post-apocalyptic wasteland where only the strong survive, in a pedal-to-the-metal brawl that could only be told by writer Aubrey Sitterson (No One Left to Fight) and artist Jed Dougherty (Savage Hearts).

"ARCHIE VS. THE WORLD is unlike anything we've ever done before, both visually and in terms of the story itself," said Archie Comics Senior Director of Editorial Jamie L. Rotante. "I have the utmost faith in Aubrey and Jed's ability to tell a story that's not only fantastical but can also feature major kickass moments — and yet the two still managed to blow me away page after page.”

Sitterson and Dougherty last teamed up on a story in THE BEST ARCHIE COMIC EVER one-shot called "Jughead the Burgarian," another wild take on the Riverdale cast of characters in a totally unexpected setting. ARCHIE VS. THE WORLD will be the pair's first solo title from Archie Comics.

"After the fantastic reception to 'Jughead the Burgarian,' the brilliant Jamie Rotante was eager to get Jed and I doing a full one-shot at Archie," Sitterson said. "It was actually her suggestion to do something that riffs on Fury Road and, as an avowed fan of the Mad Max series, I was stoked for the challenge."

ARCHIE VS. THE WORLD sees Archie face off against Reggie in a brutal (and hilarious!) fight for control of a secret water source, prized for its rarity in the devastated future setting. The gang uses souped-up vehicles and weapons to eke out their existence, including a radically customized version of Archie's classic broken down jalopy which will be familiar to longtime fans of the 80-year-old publisher. Each page-turn heightens the spectacle as more iconic Archie characters and concepts are introduced, including reimagined versions of Sabrina the Teenage Witch and Josie and the Pussycats.

"Archie, Betty, Veronica, Jughead ... they aren't merely characters; they're archetypes," Sitterson said, explaining his approach to the story. "It's a credit to the many creators who have depicted them over the years that not only does each Archie character have well-defined, easy-to-grasp personalities but physical appearances that are just as iconic and distinct. As a result, not only is it a cinch to pick them up and plop them into diverse, unexpected genres but doing so is a huge part of the fun."

Rotante agreed, saying, “This is the biggest head-turner of a comic we've done so far and jams the most action into 20 pages I've ever seen in my life. I can't wait for everyone to get their hands on this; it's guaranteed to have readers talking for a long time after."

• I don't think the Riverdale gang work as well in a Mad Max scenario as they do in horror. I'm not sure why I feel that way, but I do.
  • Here's a preview.

THE ARCHIES IN INDIA TP

Story: Bill Golliher | Art: Dan Parent, Rich Koslowski, Glenn Whitmore | Cover: Dan Parent, Rosario “Tito” Peña | 144 pages | $14.99

Following the announcement of The Archies, an upcoming feature film directed by Zoya Akhtar and set in India, Archie Comics continues to celebrate its longstanding connection to the country with a new member of its iconic cast of comic book characters! In THE ARCHIES IN INDIA graphic novel releasing in January, an original story by writer Bill Golliher and Dan Parent will introduce Prasad Arora, a Bollywood star who catches the attention of Betty and Veronica, adding a fun new dynamic to Riverdale's relationships. 

Archie and his friends from Riverdale have been globetrotting for decades … but their favorite place to visit by far is India! This special collection includes every story where Archie, Betty, Veronica, Jughead and yes, even Reggie, have traveled to the great country. And what would any great trip be without plenty of romance, special cameo appearances and TONS of musical moments? Plus, a BRAND-NEW STORY! In “Stars in Their Eyes,” Bollywood star Amisha Mehta has a film lined up to shoot in India and manages to get Betty and Veronica a gig as extras. The girls arrive on the set and Amisha discovers one of the biggest teen heartthrobs, Prasad Arora, is now scheduled to be in the film as well. When she hears this, she's hopeful she will be in a scene with her crush. Betty and Veronica decide to play matchmaker to get Prasad and Amisha introduced ... but will they cause more harm than good? 

"Bill Golliher and Dan Parent have a long history at Archie and always know how to bring a new face to the gang in the right way," said Archie Comics Editor-in-Chief Mike Pellerito. "Prasad Arora has a great first appearance to build from, and I'm looking forward to more stories with him. Given Dan and Bill's long track record of creating top notch stories and having enjoyed several trips to India themselves, this story really sings."

Prasad will be an ongoing addition to new stories in the publisher's comic books and digest magazines, and his first appearance was inspired by the creators' experiences visiting the country to meet their many fans. “I visited India in 2019 after writing and illustrating an earlier Archie story set in India," Golliher said. "I loved the country; the people were so warm and kind. It was also great to see the amount of interest that everyone has in the Archie characters and the creators. I have friends I made then that I am still in touch with on social media. I can’t wait to get another chance to visit.” 

"As much as India loves Archie, we love them right back!" Parent added. "The feature film from Zoya Akhtar will be another milestone, furthering the relationship between Riverdale and India for years to come!"

Prasad's debut leads a collection of every story featuring the Archie characters in India over 80 years of publishing, making it both a collectible first and a retrospective for longtime fans. "Archie has been hugely successful in India for generations," Pellerito said. "This book showcases a lot of what makes Archie such a hit and we're really thrilled to have an exclusive new story and a new character for this collection."

ARGUS #4 (OF 4)

BELLE: SCREAM OF BANSHEE

BEST OF 2000 AD VOL 2 (OF 6)

BOOGYMAN #5

BOOK OF SHADOWS #3

Story: Cullen Bunn | Art: Vicente Cifuentes | Colors: Nick Filardi | Letters: Dave Sharpe | CoversL Rafael Albuquerque, David Romero, Travis Escarfullery, Kelley Jomes | 32 pages | Teen+ | $3.99

Exarch Fane, an ancient, otherworldly warlord, is intent on sacrifi cing our world to satiate his hunger. Only a team of mystic heroes stands in his way. But while three heroes — SHADOWMAN, PUNK MAMBO, and PERSEPHONE — attempt to stop Fane from forging the Chain of Ruin, DOCTOR MIRAGE and the ETERNAL WARRIOR pass through the veil of death to discover the BOOK OF SHADOWS’ terrible secrets.

• Valiant only releases one comic book a month. This is January's.

BREATHERS #8

BRO D CAN'T BE BROKEN TP

BULLS OF BEACON HILL #1

Story: Steve Orlando | Art/Cover: Andy MacDonald | Aftershock | $4.99

The team behind Justice League of America reunites for some HARD-HITTING REVENGE!

Doctor Christopher Boldt has everything he ever wanted: A successful career as a surgeon, a supportive and loving boyfriend, and an overload of hype on his rumored run for Boston City Council. But there's one problem — it's all held up by a lie. For years, Chris has been hiding in plain sight, desperate not to be connected to his father, Orin Paige, one of Boston's most notorious gangsters.

Until now, Chris has been able to live with the secret. And Chris's father has been just as happy to deny any connection to his queer son, who he sees as a liability in the mob world. Now, Chris's political aspirations have put father and son on a collision course. A collision course bathed in blood.

From Eisner and GLAAD Award-Nominated writer Steve Orlando (Extreme Carnage, Midnighter, Darkhold, KILL A MAN) and artist Andy MacDonald (Rogue Planet, Loki, MY DATE WITH MONSTERS, I BREATHED A BODY), comes BULLS OF BEACON HILL, a story of family secrets and violent retribution.

BUNNYGIRL FIRST ADVENTURE GN

CEREBUS IN HELL 2023 PREVIEW ONE-SHOT

COINS OF JUDAS #1 (OF 2)

Story: Travis Gibb | Art/Cover: Tyler Carpenter | Band of Bards | $4.99

Have you ever wondered what happened to the 30 pieces of silver that Judas dropped when he betrayed Christ? The Westergaard family knows and they have been fighting a hidden war against demons that have been spawned from it for years. However, since the death of Cullen Westergaard, his daughter and son are split apart as a new evil rises. Can they come together to save humanity one more time?

DAHLIA IN THE DARK #2 (OF 6)

ESTHER'S NOTEBOOKS GN

FABULOUS FURRY FREAK BROTHERS IN THE 21ST CENTURY HC

by Gilbert Shelton and Paul Mavrides

In this collection of hilarious and politically correct short comics, Freewheelin' Franklin, Phineas and Fat Freddy form a band; bring home a stray container of plutonium; try to make it through a whole day without getting stoned; and help Phineas through his pregnancy, in "Phineas Gets an Abortion." (About which, say no more). (Oh, did we say: "politically correct?" Just kidding!)

In the titular title story, the Freak Brothers venture outside on a mission to score a little weed. It is their first encounter with the wonders of the 21st century. ("Still illegal?") Plus: Fat Freddy's Cat stars in two solo adventures, including a visit to "Cat Heaven." Fat Freddy himself stars in a bonanza of satirical sketches skewering such targets as Star Wars, G.I. Joe and Superman.

The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers in the 21st Century and Other Follies by Gilbert Shelton and Paul Mavrides is the second release in this special series of seven graphic albums. (The series presents all the Freak Brothers' adventures chronologically, but individual albums will come out in a different order.) The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers comics have sold more than 45 million copies worldwide in 16 languages. The Freak Brothers, the animated series now streaming on Tubi, stars Woody Harrelson, Pete Davidson, John Goodman, and Tiffany Haddish.

• I thought this had already come out, but lo:

FEARLESS DAWN SWIMSUIT EDITION ONE-SHOT

Story/Art: Steve Mannion | $9.99

Steve Mannion's Fearless Dawn comics have always been about good art and fun and this latest offering is no exception! 32 pages of straight-up beach-going action and fashion! Throw in a monster or two, and some machine guns and you know what we're talking about. See all of Steve Mannion's sexy heroines in full beach bikini glory! Your mouth will drop when you peek at Fearless Dawn, Betty and Helga as they try on the latest skimpy swimwear and lingerie! Surf's up!

• I suppose after this issue these characters will go back to trying to kill each other. But they will still wear skimpy clothes, so there's that.
  • Here's a preview.

FINAL GAMBLE #2 (OF 6)

GANGSTER ASS BARISTA #1

Story: Pat Shand | Art: Renzo Rodriguez | Cover: Conor Hughes, Fin Cramb | Black Mask | Mature | $6.99

A COFFEE-FUELED CRIME COMEDY FROM PAT SHAND (DESTINY NY, AZZA THE BARBED, VAN HELSING)! 

Trinity used to live a life of crime, but now she has left behind her old life and works at a coffee shop. Unfortunately, making ends meet isn't easy to do with a minimum wage job. Not to mention the fact that customers are beginning to get on Trinity's nerves, and it's getting harder and harder to not let her old tendencies take control.

When Trinity's past comes calling, it's like the famous quote: "Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!" 

Includes a bonus comic in each issue! 

Collect covers by rising stars Conor Hughes (WHITE ASH), Elisa Romboli (ALICE IN LEATHERLAND, A THING CALLED TRUTH), & series co-creator Renzo Rodriguez (BREATHLESS)!

• Aren't all baristas inherently dangerous?

GOOD BOY VOL 3 #3

GRIMM FAIRY TALES #68

HUSH RONIN #1 (OF 4)

Story/Art: Jeremiah Schiek | Band of Bards | $9.99

Orphaned by the increasingly violent clan wars that have been instigated by the treacherous and mysterious Red Lady, young Minagawa Shoji flees home, lost and alone, into the mountains above his scorched village. There he finds and befriends a teacher; a mysterious old man who teaches him to speak with the Voice of the Mountains. Years later, returning from his voluntary exile, Shoji finds his world more war torn than ever. After happening upon the aftermath of a decisive battle at Akagahara, Shoji finds himself the unwitting custodian of the legendary Mugendai Blade, and its companion Scorpion Stone. Will he use these relics to turn the tide against the malevolent Red Lady? Or will he further withdraw from these troubles, and retreat back into the mountains?

KAMEN RIDER KUUGA VOL 2 GN

After the awakening of the ancient spirits, strange unidentified lifeforms rampage through the streets of Tokyo! As detective Kaoru Ichijo tries to stop the mass murders, he encounters student Yusuke Godai, who must accept the power of the Kamen Rider to save his friends from danger. He must become … Kamen Rider: Kuuga!

LADY DEATH: NECROTIC GENESIS #1 (OF 2)

LAST LINE #2

LEGACY OF VIOLENCE #4 (OF 12)

LOVECRAFT: UNKNOWN KADATH #5

MUSIC BOX BOOK 1: WELCOME TO PANDORIENT GN

MUSIC BOX BOOK 2: CYPRIANS SECRET GN

MUSIC BOX BOOK 3: IN SEARCH OF PAST GN

MUSIC BOX BOOK 4: MYSTERIOUS DISAPPEARANCE GN

MUSIC BOX BOOK 5: SILKEN EAGLE FEATHERS GN

MY BAD VOL 2 #3 (OF 5)

MYSTERIUM #3 (OF 3)

NERVOUS REX #1

NIGHTWALKERS #1 (OF 5)

Story: Cullen Bunn | Art: Colin Johnson | Art/Cover: Joe Bocardo | Source Point Press | Mature | $3.99

Seren is an addict in recovery at a rehabilitation center secluded in the mountains, COMPLETELY ISOLATED from the outside world. When Seren and the other patients wake to find themselves locked inside and abandoned by the center's staff, they must decide whether to wait or break out. The decision is made for them when a blood thirsty monster enters the center, and begins to tear through them to satiate its lust for blood.

In a collaboration with Hustle & Heart Films and Vertigo Entertainment (IT, DOCTOR SLEEP), Source Point Press is proud to bring you Cullen Bunn's Night Walkers, a new comic book series with a terrifying, fresh take on a timeless horror sub-genre.

NINJA FUNK #3 (OF 4)

PINK LEMONADE #5

PLAYTHINGS #4

QUESTED #2

RICK AND MORTY #1

RIVERS OF LONDON: DEADLY EVER AFTER TP

Story: Ben Aaronovitch, Andrew Cartmel & Celeste Bronfman | Art: José María Beroy | Inks: David Cabeza | Colors: Jordi Escuin Llorach  | Letters: Jim Campbell  | Cover: David Buisan | Publisher: Titan Comics  | 112 pages | $17.99

THE UNMISSABLE NEXT CHAPTER IN THE BESTSELLING RIVERS OF LONDON SERIES BY BEN AARONOVITCH!

When Chelsea and Olympia accidentally break an enchantment in the woods, deadly fairy tales from a mysterious old book begin coming to life. To set things right, Chelsea and Olympia must unravel a mystery dating back to the 1800’s before they become victims of a lethal sorcery.

ROBYN HOOD: DAGON #1

SAMURAI DOGGY #3

SANTOS SISTERS #3

SHAM COMICS PACEMAKER

• OK, this is funny.

SPECTACLE VOL 5 GN

STRANGE ATTRACTORS (ITS ALIVE) #6

SULFUR WELLS #5

TRAVELING TO MARS #3

VIGIA #1 (OF 5)

Story: C.J. Hudson | Art/Cover: Rodrigo Gil | Band of Bards | $5.99

An alien science officer, along with her companion artificial intelligence, crash land on a strange world only to discover a long dead civilization, that isn't so dead after all. Follow Gazala and Adi as they seek a way off of a supposedly dead planet only to be confronted by terror at every turn as they seek to uncover the gruesom secrets of the Qon. Part archeological survey, part horror, all action-packed thrill ride.

• It's a big week for Band of Bards, with multiple first issues.

VINEYARD #3

WHY DON'T YOU LOVE ME GN

Story/Art: Paul B Rainey | Drawn & Quarterly | Mature | $24.95

Claire and Mark are both plagued by the idea that their life is all a dream. When reports of an imminent nuclear war come on the radio, the truth begins to dawn on them: This is not the life they chose. Why Don't You Love Me? is a pitch-black comedy about marriage, alcoholism, depression and mourning lost opportunities. Paul B. Rainey has created a hilariously terrifying alternate reality where confusion and pain might lead people to make bad choices but might also eventually led to freedom ... maybe.

WONDERLAND ANNUAL A WONDERLAND LIFE

WORLD OF BETTY & VERONICA JUMBO COMICS DIGEST #22

WORM AND CATERPILLAR ARE FRIEND READY TO READ GN

YEAR ZERO VOL 0 #4 (OF 5)

ZOMBICIDE DAY ONE #1 (OF 4)

Story: Luca Enoch, Stefano Vietti | Art:  Alessio Moroni, Marco Itri | Cover: Luca Bulgheroni | Source Point Press | Mature | $3.99

The dead are returning to life to devour the living! In an instant the world was plunged into chaos. No one could have predicted it. No one except Ned. They thought he was crazy, but now he's vindicated. He has a safe shelter, fully stocked with everything he needs to survive and just waiting to welcome him and his group of friends. That is, if they can even reach it. There's a city full of zombies to cross. Ammo is scarce, supplies too. They must move slowly and silently to avoid notice. But when the horde catches on, they'll have to strike fast and hard if they hope to survive!

• It's a big week for Source Point Press, too.

MORE MANGA

A CONDITION OF LOVE VOL 1 GN

BEAUTY AND FEAST VOL 6 GN

BLUE PERIOD VOL 12 GN

BONYEER AROMATIC #4

DRAGON KNIGHTS BELOVED VOL 4 GN

DUNGEON DIVE AIM FOR DEEPEST LEVEL VOL 4 GN

HOW DO WE RELATIONSHIP VOL 8 GN

I GOT CAUGHT UP IN A HERO SUMMONS VOL 5 GN

INTO DEEPEST MOST UNKNOWABLE DUNGEON VOL 5 GN

LET'S BUY LAND & CULTIVATE IT VOL 2 GN

MOMO BLOOD TAKER VOL 3 GN

MY HERO ACADEMIA SCHOOL BRIEFS VOL 6 GN

MY SECRET AFFECTION VOL 1 GN

NORAGAMI OMNIBUS VOL 3 GN

OLDMAN VOL 3 GN

OUR NOT SO LONELY PLANET TRAVEL GUIDE VOL 3 GN

POLAR BEAR CAFE COLL EDITION VOL 1 TP

STRONGEST SAGE WITH THE WEAKEST CREST VOL 10 GN

SUPPOSE A KID FROM LAST DUNGEON MOVED VOL 7 GN

SWORD OF DEMON HUNTER KIJIN GENTOSHO VOL 1 GN

THUNDERBOLT FANTASY OMNIBUS VOL 2 GN

WAVE LISTEN TO ME VOL 9 GN

YAMADA KUN & SEVEN WITCHES VOL 22 PARTS 27 & 28 GN

YOKAI CATS VOL 0 GN

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Is Catwoman still considered a villain?

You mean this week? or next week?

• "[The Norse Mythology] series... is far better than the actual book from which it's adapted."

Do you think so? I rather enjoyed the book. I have read only the first issue of the first volume of the comic book series and decided to tradewait. I have the first two sitting on the shelf next to my Marvel Premiere Classic HC v49 (which collects  Alan Zelenetz and Charles Vess's "Warriors Three" stories from Marvel Fanfare as well as a Len Wein/John Buscema story from Marvel Spotlight). If this is the final volume, I need to move all three to the top of my reading list.

ACTION COMICS #1051: "Following the bombshell events of Action Comics #1050..." They aren't kidding... for as long as it lasts, anyway. The cynic in me tries not to get too exited, but DC seems to be series about keeping the new status quo around for a while. Of course, I felt the same way a bout "Truth" so take it FWIW.

"What Earth is [Power Girl] from currently?"

I'm not certain, but whichever it was last month will likely change with this issue (for the forseeable future).

"I don't really care which of the Turtles is the last to survive, because I never cared enough to distinguish between them."

The only issue of TMNT I ever bothered with was the one which guest-starred Cerebus.

85939496848.8.gif?profile=RESIZE_710x

"I stopped reading Invincible about halfway through. Just lost interest."

It was the "Invincible" discussion on the old board that convinced me to start buying the trades. Just about the time a caught up, the discussion petered out. I never did finish it, either, but I was enjoying it there for a while. I may go back and re-read it from the beginning one of these days years. 

"Evidently the Archie gang are quite popular in India."

I wish I had a nehru jacket. I once told Tracy that I'd wear one if I had it. She replied, "I know you would, dear."

• Cap, Amazon has three hardcover volumes which cover the first 54 issues (pre-return)

Saga Book One
    by Brian K Vaughan
    Hardcover

Saga Book Two
    by Brian K Vaughan
    Hardcover

Saga Book Three
    by Brian K Vaughan
    Hardcover

• You mean this week? or next week?

Bwah-ha-ha!

Do you think so? I rather enjoyed the book.

This is surprising, since our tastes run the same so often. 

It might be that I have a different experience with the Norse myths, in that I read the Elder Eddas and the Poetic Eddas in late elementary school and junior high. (Both schools had different versions of the books, and I read them both.) The Poetic Eddas are more of a challenge, of course, but I learned to appreciate them, given how handy they came into play reading the many other surviving Norse stories that are told in verse. I got deep into those stories, in mix-and-match comparisons. (Like the Greco-Roman myths, there are many variations of the same tale.)

Perhaps that's why I found Neil Gaiman's Norse Myths to be really elementary, with no nuance from the originals. But the graphic novels have great art, art that does add nuance, so I like those better.

Maybe that's it. Or maybe not.

DC seems to be series about keeping the new status quo around for a while.

You mean like post-Crisis? Post-Zero Hour? Post-Emerald Twilight? Post-Identity Crisis? Post-New 52? Post-Heroes in Crisis? Post-Final Crisis? Post-Infinity Crisis? Post-New Frontier? 

I want to believe. I do, I do, I do. But I find I cannot.

I'm not certain, but whichever it was last month will likely change with this issue.

See?

The only issue of TMNT I ever bothered with was the one which guest-starred Cerebus.

I have the original, firstest, originalist series from Eastman & Laird, in oversize pages and two-tone coloring. I slapped them in bags and forgot about them for years. I still have them.

I assume they are worth quite a bit of money. But not to me. As I was discussing with my wife tonight, I have a comics collection that extends into the early 1960s that has been cared for as well as can be done by an amateur, and is probably worth half a million dollars, according to Overstreet. But how do I sell the books and get even a fraction of that? My LCS doesn't want to help me; they just want to buy them from me for a pittance. Getting the good issues cleaned up and CGC'd gives away more than half of the profit to middlemen. In fact, that's the story everywhere I turn: Middlemen who want to bleed me dry before the books go out the door.

Sorry, it's been a depressing night.

I wish I had a nehru jacket.

They were popular in, I think, the late '60s. They are ugly as sin. Nobody ever looked good in them, including Nehru.

Cap, Amazon has three hardcover volumes which cover the first 54 issues.

Ooh, good news, Richard! I will see what they cost.

• "I found Neil Gaiman's Norse Myths to be really elementary..."

I think that's what I liked about it, like the style John Steinbeck adopted for The Pearl.

"But how do I sell the books and get even a fraction of that?"

I don't know, but if you figure it out, tell me. 

This reply was deleted.