Comics Guide: July 3-9, 2023

DC COMICS

ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN JON KENT #5 (OF 6)

BATMAN: ONE BAD DAY — PENGUIN HC

BATMAN: ONE BAD DAY — TWO-FACE HC

BATMAN VS. ROBIN HC

CLARK & LEX TP

• For kids

DC VS. VAMPIRES ALL-OUT WAR PART 1 HC

DEATHSTROKE INC. VOL 1: KING OF THE SUPER-VILLAINS TP

KNIGHT TERRORS: BATMAN #1 (OF 2)

Story: Joshua Williamson | Art/Cover: Guillem March | Backup art: David LaFuente | Variants: Francesco Mattina, Puppeteer Lee, Kael Ngu, Dan Mora, Dustin Nguyen 40 pages | $4.99/$5.99

Ever since becoming Batman, Bruce Wayne has been a creature of the night. He transformed himself into a symbol that gave the criminals of Gotham nightmares. But now, trapped in the Nightmare Realm, Bruce is stalked by the horror he’s created! Can he escape before his own nightmares pull him deeper into the darkness?

• So this is happening.
  • "Knight Terrors" is a cross-company crossover with a spine book, and short runs (usually two issues) featuring most major characters. The premise is a Nightmare Stone. (as opposed to Sandman's Dream Stone, I assume) that brings everyone's worst nightmares to life. This involves the bad guys named the Sleepless Knights (catchy!) and, as our leading man, one Boston Brand, deceased.
  • Here's a trailer.

KNIGHT TERRORS: BLACK ADAM #1 (OF 2)

Story: Jeremy Haun | Art/Cover: Jeremy Haun | Variants: Christian Ward, Tiago Da Silva, Karl Kerschl, Jeremy Haun, Dustin Nguyen | 32 pages | $4.99/$5.99

Black Adam is defending Kahndaq from a border assault when the deadly nightmare wave sweeps the planet, putting all men, women, and children into the nightmare realm…including the fierce monarch! But what are his deepest, darkest nightmares? What horror can put fear into the heart of Black Adam?! Knight Terrors begins!

KNIGHT TERRORS: FIRST BLOOD #1 ONE-SHOT

Story: Joshua Williamson | Art/Cover: Howard Porter | Variants: Jae Lee, Francesco Mattina, Riccardo Federici, Ejikure, Howard Porter | 48 pages | $5.99/$6.99

When Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman find the body of one of their earliest enemies inside the Hall of Justice, their investigation takes them past the land of the living, beyond the land of the dead, and directly to a new villain called Insomnia…who uses his powers to engulf every single hero and villain in their own dark and twisted nightmares. The only way to save the world is to call for the help of an unlikely hero — Deadman!

The thrills and chills of Knight Terrors are brought to the DC Universe by DC architect and superstar writer Joshua Williamson with horrific art by comics legend Howard Porter!

KNIGHT TERRORS: JOKER #1 (OF 2)

Story: Matthew Rosenbergt | Art/Cover: Francesco Raffaele | Variants: Francesco Mattina, Simone Bianchi, Alan Quah, Ryan Brown, Dustin Nguyen | 40 pages | $4.99/$5.99

The Joker’s worst nightmare becomes a reality: He’s got a day job! How will he handle meetings that could have been emails?! Why did management cancel “bring your child to work” day?! Who will want to make small talk at the coffee machine?! What is Alexis going to pick for lunch?! And who is the masked madman terrorizing Gotham at night?!

KNIGHT TERRORS: POISON IVY #1 (OF 2)

Story: G. Willow Wilson | Art: Atagun Ilhan | Cover: Jessica Fong | Variants: Leirix, Jamie McKelvie, Nimit Malavia, Jessica Dalva, Dustin Nguyen | 40 pages | $4.99/$5.99

It’s another absolutely gorgeous and serene day in Pamela Isley’s lovely little new neighborhood! Everything and everyone here is wall-to-wall smiles! Nothing ever goes wrong, everyone is friends, and best of all, it’s made just for Ivy with lots and lots of love. Now, Pammy, don’t frown, don’t fuss and don’t fret — just because this wasn’t what you thought you wanted, that doesn’t mean it won’t fit you like a glove!

Now have some pie, dear, don’t think too hard, and just smile.

KNIGHT TERRORS: RAVAGER #1 (OF 2)

Story: Ed Brisson | Art: Dexter Soy | Cover: Jeff Spokes | Variants: Francesco Mattina, Felipe Massafera, James Stokoe, Jeff Spokes, Dustin Nguyen | 32 pages | $3.99/$4.99

Defend your life, Rose Wilson! Ravager is separated from Stormwatch and trapped in a nightmare world where she must protect her younger self from being consumed and corrupted by the Murder Man and his blood-crazed Slaughter Squadron. Can Ravager protect a young Rose Wilson without losing her own identity? Why does the Murder Man seem so familiar, and how does he know so much about Rose?

MY GREATEST ADVENTURE #80 FACSIMILE EDITION

• First Doom Patrol.

STEELWORKS #2 (OF 6)

SWORD OF AZRAEL TP

DYNAMITE ENTERTAINMENT

DISNEY VILLAINS: MALEFICENT #3

DRACULINA: BLOOD SIMPLE #4

GARGOYLES #7

KONG: GREAT WAR #2

IMAGE COMICS

BLOOD TREE #6

HEY KIDS COMICS VOL 3: SCHLOCK OF THE NEW #4

I HATE THIS PLACE #10

INVINCIBLE VOL 1 TP NEW EDITION

JUNK RABBIT #4 (OF 5)

LOVE EVERLASTING #9

MONSTRESS #45

NO ONE #4 (OF 10)

PHANTOM ROAD #5

SPAWN #343

SWAN SONGS #1

Story: Maxwell Prince. Art/Cover: Martin Simmonds | Variants: Nimit Malavia, Morazzo & O’Halloran | Mature | $3.99

Bestselling writer W. Maxwell Prince (Ice Cream Man, Haha) continues his wildly popular, winning one-shot formula in the upcoming Swan Songs. This all-new multi-artist project will feature a who’s who of top-tier talent and launch this July from Image Comics.

Along for the terminal ride are some of comics’ best and brightest artists. The first apocalyptic issue, “The End of the World,” is drawn by none other than The Department of Truth’s Martin Simmonds.  Future artists for future endings include Caspar Wijngaard (Home Sick Pilots), and Filipe Andrade (The Many Deaths of Leila Star), with more to be announced.

Swan Songs explores the way things END … and also how they never really do. It’s comprised of stories about endings … The End of the World. The End of a Marriage. The End of a Sentence. The End of the End of the World! (Which one supposes might consider the BEGINNING of a new world …)

"It's a shame that everything has to end," said Prince in an exclusive on the announcement at Popverse. "But dem's the rules."

• Pop culture does seem obsessed with apocalypses. Wonder what that says about us?
  • Here's a preview.

TORRENT #5

UNBELIEVABLE, UNFORTUNATELY MOSTLY UNREADABLE & NEARLY UNPUBLISHABLE UNTOLD TALES OF I HATE FAIRYLAND #1 (OF 5)

Story: Skottie Young, Dean Rankine | Art: Aaron Conley, Dean Rankine | Cover: Mike Del Mundo | Mature | $3.99

Eisner Award-winning writer Skottie Young will bring Gert fans an all-new, 5-issue anthology of new Fairyland tales in the upcoming The Unbelievable, Unfortunately Mostly Unreadable & Nearly Unpublishable Untold Tales of I Hate Fairyland. This verbosely titled miniseries will be written and drawn by a stellar lineup of contributing creators and land on shelves this July from Image Comics.

In this first issue, Young reunites with Bully Wars co-creator Aaron Conley to pit Gert against an uncouth barbarian in “Bruud the Brutal.” And in “Don’t Trust the P.I.G. in Apartment 23,” by Dean Rankine (Simpsons Comics, Invader Zim), Gert finds herself at the wrong end of a classic fairy tale.

“The only thing better than trying to create one of the longest titles in Comics," said Young. "Is inviting friends like Dean Rankine, Aaron Conley, and others, to come and cause some trouble with Gert in the crazy world that is Fairyland!”

• That's some title.
  • Here's a preview.

THE WALKING DEAD DLX #66

WEIRD WORK #1 (OF 4)

Story: Jordan Thomas | Art/Cover: Shaky Kane | Variants: Kane, Mike Allred, Rodriguez, Geoff Darrow | Mature | $3.99

Legendary British artist Shaky Kane (The Bulletproof Coffin) and writer Jordan Thomas (Frank at Home on the Farm) will introduce readers to the corrupt, seedy streets of Stellar City in the upcoming Weird Work. This all-new, 4-issue miniseries is set to launch this July from Image Comics.

After months of gang shootings, Weird Work follows Detective Ovra Sawce, who is paired with a new partner on a triple homicide. But what were a billionaire’s assistant, a hood-turned-cult leader and Sawce’s former partner doing in that warehouse?

"I always knew I was writing this series for Shaky," said Thomas. "So I wanted to play to his strengths by filling the world with a cast of wild, almost psychedelic, characters, whilst also delivering a tough, taut, crime tale in the spirit of comics I love like Brubaker & Phillips' Criminal and Darwyn Cooke's Parker adaptations."

The hard-boiled noir of L.A. Confidential mixes with the bright, alien-filled worlds of Futurama in this cannot-miss crime epic.

Kane added: "While tightly scripted, the Weird Work universe was broad enough to allow me to put a pure comic book, Shaky-spin on the visuals. A real fun book to draw. I just know that readers are going to share our enthusiasm for this off-kilter take on a hard-boiled future detective yarn."

• If I was blue, I'd want a red girlfriend.
  • Here's a preview.

MARVEL COMICS

CAPTAIN AMERICA #750

Story: Collin Kelly, Jackson Lanzing, Tochi Onyebuchi, J.M. Dematteis, Gail Simone, Dan Jurgens, Stephanie Williams, & Cody Ziglar | Art By Carmen Carnero, R.B. Silva, Dan Jurgens, Daniel Acuña, Rachael Stott, Marcus Williams, & Sara Pichelli | Covers: Gary Frank, George Perez , John Romita Sr.,  Adi Granov , Carmen Carnero, Javier Garron, C.F. Villa, Ernanda Souza, John Cassaday | Teen+ | $7.99

The next era of Captain America is upon us and it all begins in July’s CAPTAIN AMERICA #750!

Over the last month, Steve Rogers and Sam Wilson have been embroiled in the pulse-pounding events of CAPTAIN AMERICA: COLD WAR! The thrilling crossover is testing Steve and Sam’s bond as they go up against White Wolf and Bucky Barnes who have joined forces to unleash the power of Dimension Z! This game-changing epic will have a heavy impact on both Captains and its devastating aftermath will hit just in time for a major Captain America milestone! Witness what’s to come next in a jam-packed over-sized issue, CAPTAIN AMERICA #750.

THE CAPTAINS AMERICA MOURN THEIR FALLEN! After the harrowing events of CAPTAIN AMERICA: COLD WAR, the Captains America return home to face the cost of victory and honor the power of legacy. Writer Tochi Onyebuchi and artist RB Silva reveal the secret origin of Sam Wilson’s new shield and the reason he chose to pick up the mantle again. Writers Collin Kelly and Jackson Lanzing and artist Carmen Carnero bring readers the tumultuous reunion of Steve and Bucky. Is there a way forward? Plus, don’t miss a bold new direction for Sharon Carter!

In addition, CAPTAIN AMERICA #750 will include all-new backup stories starring both Steve and Sam! Honoring 750 issues of CAPTAIN AMERICA, a team of fan-favorite guest writers, including classic Cap creators like JM DeMatteis and Dan Jurgens, join forces with superstar artists to spin timeless tales celebrating the epic history of the star-spangled hero!

• "Cold War" aftermath.
  • "THE CAPTAINS AMERICA MOURN THEIR FALLEN!" Wait, somebody died? Who, Peggy Carter? Or a redshirt? (Not that it matters, since nobody really dies.)
  • Here's a preview.

CAPTAIN MARVEL: DARK TEMPEST #1 (OF 5)

Story: Ann Nocenti | Art: Paolo Villanelli | Covers: Mike Mckone, C.F. Villa, Derrick Chew, George Perez, Rose Besch, Jen Bartel, R1c0 | 40 pages | Teen+ | $4.99

Following the finale of Kelly Thompson’s historic run on Captain Marvel, Carol Danvers will continue to soar higher, faster, and further in a new series by a Marvel Comics visionary! Launching in July, longtime Marvel editor and groundbreaking writer Ann Nocenti will join acclaimed Star Wars: Bounty Hunters artist Paolo Villanelli in CAPTAIN MARVEL: DARK TEMPEST.

Fans will get to see Captain Marvel pushed to her limits as she take on a powerful villain duo consisting of one of the original Captain Marvel’s greatest foes AND a brand-new cosmic mastermind with a devastating plan for the entire universe. And she won’t be alone! Carol will inspire a new group of young heroes who will lend their strength to her on this harrowing mission across the stars!

After facing off against the Brood with the X-Men and losing someone she holds dear, Carol Danvers needs a break. She’s not about to get it now! A slinky cosmic threat comes for Earth’s Mightiest, and they know just who to recruit to really wreck Carol’s world — a surprise legacy villain! Don’t miss this extraordinary new adventure as Carol rockets from Kelly Thompson’s record-breaking run and slingshots from the Harpswell Sound to the far reaches of the galaxy!

“I became curious about Carol Danvers during Kelly Sue DeConnick's iconic run on the book, because of how great her work is, but also at how deft Kelly Sue is at drawing in and embracing female readers,” Nocenti shared. “Her Carol Corps is inspiring. Then I read some of Kelly Thompson's work on the book, and her stories are so much rollicking fun, I fell in love with Carol Danvers all over again. Captain Marvel is a sassy, funny, kick-ass hoot, and so much fun to write.

“I came up with wild story set on an alien planet at the edge of a black hole in space, but the space odyssey is tethered by Carol's friends (and a couple love interests) in Harpswell, Maine. Sarah Brunstad is a brilliant editor, she was inspiring to work with. You have a wacky idea? Sarah will help you make it happen. And Paolo Villanelli is a fabulous artist, he nails every panel, every scene, every issue. Literally, a dream artist to work with. Gorgeous art, plus together we are creating some new characters — a duet of villains and a team of heroes — and Paolo's designs are so tender, ferocious and cool, he's making it so easy to write this book. And we're re-designing a great Jim Starlin legacy character! So Captain Marvel gets swept up in space adventure with some doom and gloom teenagers who believe the planet's already wrecked, why bother building a family or career? Carol of course, gets that gleam in her eye, like, ‘Game on, I'll show you how to live.’”

This highly-anticipated limited series will launch with a gorgeous variant cover by acclaimed artist Derrick Chew. An explosive pinup of Carol Danvers in her iconic Ms. Marvel costume, this is latest piece by the superstar cover artist as he brings Marvel’s greatest heroes to life with his electrifying talent!

• I'm disturbed that this is a miniseries. Can Captain Marvel not sustain a series?
  • Here's a preview.

CLOBBERIN TIME #5 (OF 5)

DAREDEVIL #13

DEADPOOL EPIC COLLECTION: DEAD RECKONING TP

DOCTOR STRANGE #5

EDGE OF SPIDER-VERSE #4 (OF 4)

Story: Taboo and B. Earl & Daniel Kibblesmith | Art: Juan Ferreyra, Chris Cross | Covers: Patrick Brown, Josemaria Casanovas, Simone Bianchi | 40 pages | Teen+ | $4.99

DREAM-SPIDER RETURNS! The new spider-character from the hit DEADLY NEIGHBORHOOD SPIDER-MAN miniseries returns in her first solo adventure! ALSO: What if that radioactive spider we all know and love bit ... J. JONAH JAMESON?!

• More Spider-people.

EXTREME VENOMVERSE #4 (OF 5)

Story: Alyssa Wong, Peach Momoko, & D.J. Bryant | Art: Peach Momoko, Ken Niimura, & More | Cover By Leinil Francis Yu | Variants: Ken Lashley, Peach Momoko, Ryan Stegman, Takashi Okazaki | 40 pages | Teen+ | $4.99

Deadpool scribe Alyssa Wong and revolutionary artist Ken Niimura unite to introduce a symbiotic superstar inspired by anime and manga who’s about to take the Multiverse by storm!

Industry superstar Peach Momoko has a tale that will make your skin crawl, starring a fearsome flora the likes of which you’ve never seen! Move over, Groot, there’s a NEW plant in the spotlight of the Marvel Universe, and this one’s a KILLER!

VENOM NOIR! You’ve heard of Spider-Man Noir — now meet his totemic and terrible opposite as this reality’s symbiotic hive gets explored for the very first time by writer D.J. Bryant!

• More symbiotes.

FANTASTIC FOUR #9

INCREDIBLE HULK #180 FACSIMILE EDITION NEW PTG

JEPH LOEB TIM SALE SPIDER-MAN GALLERY EDITION HC

MARVEL ZERO ONE-SHOT

Story: Zeb Wells, Al Ewing, Gerry Duggan, & Jonathan Hickman | Art: Patrick Gleason, Cafu, Josh Cassara, Javier Garron, Valerio Schiti, & Bryan Hitch | Cover:  Patrick Gleason | Variants: Patrick Gleason, Javier Garron | 48 pages | Teen+ | $6.99

A deluxe edition collecting Marvel’s GOLD 2023 FREE COMIC BOOK DAY titles! This giant-sized issue is jam-packed with entry points into the biggest comic storylines of the year and bursting with never-before-seen bonus material including preview art, design sketches and more!

Spidey faces a new villain as a classic villain returns in a story that sets the stage for the next explosive year of AMAZING SPIDER-MAN!

Here's what fans can look forward to:

Spidey faces a new villain, while two classic villains return, setting the stage for the explosive upcoming story arcs in AMAZING SPIDER-MAN!

If you thought you knew how Venom fit into the history of the Marvel Universe, prepare to be proved WRONG with a shocking story that sets up the next huge epic coming to VENOM!

FALL OF X begins! A new threat to mutantkind emerges while the X-Men’s HELLFIRE GALA is in full swing — one with a very familiar visage!

And with the world in disarray, the moment calls for a new alliance between heroes both mutant and otherwise — the all-new UNCANNY AVENGERS!

Previews of Jonathan Hickman’s two new Marvel projects, ULTIMATE INVASION with Bryan Hitch and G.O.D.S. with Valerio Schiti!

MARVEL ZOMNIBUS HC

MARVEL-VERSE: SPIDER-GWEN GHOST-SPIDER TP

SPIDER-MAN #10

STAR WARS #36

STAR WARS: HIDDEN EMPIRE TP

STAR WARS: YODA #9

THOR ANNUAL #1

Story: Jackson Lanzing & Collin Kelly | Art: Ibraim Roberson | Cover: Adam Kubert | Teen+ | $4.99

Witness an epic that will go down in history amongst Thor’s more legendary battles as the God of Thunder takes on a godly-powered M.O.D.O.K. in THOR ANNUAL #1!

From master storytelling duo Jackson Lanzing and Collin Kelly, currently making big moves in Guardians of the Galaxy, and acclaimed artist Ibraim Roberson comes a done-in-one Thor saga so big it could only be told in a giant-sized annual! In the grand tradition of Marvel Comics’ action-packed summer annuals, THOR ANNUAL will present a blockbuster battle between Thor and one of Marvel’s most iconic villains, M.O.D.O.K. But this isn’t the M.O.D.O.K. fans know. … After accomplishing his greatest scheme yet, M.O.D.O.K has evolved into a being that’s more than a match for Thor, and has begun a conquest of all there is to conquer!

Enter … MYTHOS! When M.O.D.O.K. — fueled by revenge and a refusal to ever again be someone else’s pawn — seizes control of all of the Ten Realms but Asgard, Thor the All-Father must step in and regain control of the Ten Realms and the World Tree. But M.O.D.O.K.'s new, cosmic power proves to be a greater threat than Thor could imagine, and he’ll need the inspiration of some beloved friends from Midgard to reclaim his realms and his awesome power.

“Collin and I are wildly honored to contribute to the glorious legacy of THOR!” Lanzing said. “Annuals are a wonderful way to dig into a unique aspect of a character — so we’re taking Thor through a gauntlet of epic proportions to finally face down the self-doubt that plagues the new All-Father of Asgard. Does he truly deserve his throne? Or do the Nine Realms belong to he who can take them with ingenuity, intelligence, and tireless effort? Is Thor truly worthy … or does the future belong to MYTHOS?”

THOR ANNUAL #1 will also include a special preview for Thor’s exciting next era!

• Thor's family seems to have grown quite a bit since last time I read, and his lineage isn't what I always thought it was. I'm about to start Thor by Jason Aaron, which includes Jane as Thor, Thor losing a limb (and somehow getting it back) and War of the Gods. But I need more than that to fill in my inThormation, right? I think he got a sister in some Guardians of the Galaxy series or other (I don't know which one). And his parentage changed in Jason Aaron's Avengers, right? What else do I need, Legionnaires?
  • Here's a preview.

THOR BY DONNY CATES VOL 5: LEGACY OF THANOS TP

UNFORGIVEN TP

VENOM #22

Story: Al Ewing | Art: Ramon F. Bachs | Cover: Bryan Hitch | Variants: Joshua Cassara, Mike Vosburg, Bjorn Barends, Ryan Stegman | 32 pages | Teen+ | $3.99

BLAST IN THE PAST!

Behold a radical transformation of Eddie Brock as Venom in Al Ewing and Ramon F. Bachs’ VENOM #22! For months, Eddie Brock’s consciousness has been displaced in time! You’ve seen what happens when he’s flung himself to the far future of the Marvel Universe — now see what happens when he tries to traverse its past! Face to face with the mysterious FLEXO in the past, Venom learns a shocking secret about the role symbiotes playing in Marvel history!

• “Summer of Symbiotes” tie-in.

VENOM: LETHAL PROTECTOR II #5 (OF 5)

Story: David Michelinie | Art: Farid Karami | Cover: Philip Tan | Teen+ | $3.99

VENOM FACES A DOOMSDAY SCENARIO!

VENOM and SILVER SABLE’s final battle with the most dangerous foes they’ve ever fought reaches its climax, and they better win — because the fate of the entire world is on the line. It’s a battle that will change them forever, but little do they know that the real fight is about to begin … for DOOM has sprung his nefarious trap. His prize? The Venom symbiote itself!

• “Summer of Symbiotes” tie-in.

WASP: SMALL WORLDS TP

X-23 DEADLY REGENESIS #5

X-MEN #24

Story: Gerry Duggan | Art/Cover: Joshua Cassara | Variants: Elena Casagrande, Mark Brooks, Russell Dauterman, Mahmud Asrar | 32 pages | Teen+ | $3.99

POGG UR-POGG FOR HIRE!

Hired for the dirtiest of jobs, a deadly mercenary comes crashing into the X-Men right at their most vulnerable moment! But not just any mercenary — finally, the breakout fan-favorite from X OF SWORDS, Pogg Ur-Pogg, returns!

• We're about to embark on "Fall of X," so I don't imagine the X-folks are having a very good time in any of their books.
  • Here's a preview.

X-MEN: BEFORE THE FALL — SINISTER FOUR #1 ONE-SHOT

Story: Kieron Gillen | Art: Paco Medina | Cover: Lucas Werneck | Variants: Martin Coccolo, Michele Bandini, Rafael de la Torre | 40 pages | Teen+ | $4.99

FALL OF X IS COMING!

As the nineteenth century drew to a close, the dying Nathaniel Essex unleashed four clones of himself into the world. They've been haunting it ever since, while lurking in the shadows. We know what Sinister has been up to. What about the others? In this issue, we delve into their past ... and discover their latest atrocity. When they start to ... date?

• "Sons of X" Part 4
  • Here's a preview.

MORE COMICS

A BOY NAMED ROSE TP

Story: Gaelle Geniller | Art: Gaelle Geniller | Fairsquare Comics | Mature | $29.99

Paris. The 1920s. Rose is a boy and, like all the girls he's spent time with since he was born, he wants to dance at "Le Jardin", the cabaret managed by his mother. As Rose blossoms into a 19 year old young man, he discovers love and tries to find his place in a society that's not ready to welcome true love between two men with open arms.

PRIDE Month is there and we decided to celebrate Love like there's no tomorrow! Created and beautifully drawn by Gaelle Geniller, A BOY NAMED ROSE is going to make you fall in love with this story, set in Art Deco Paris and where a young man discovers who he really is in a place filled with entertainme nt and drama. What is Rose's place in the world? Is he just a boy? Is he a girl inside? Rose just wants to be accepted for who he really is and live, love and dance as free as he can be. A beautiful LGBTQIA+ tale from a time where loving different ly was a challenge, A BOY NAMED ROSE will move you, in all its subtleness and tenderness.

AMERICAN GODS VOL 2: MY AINSEL TP

ANCIENT ENEMIES THE GREATER GOOD #1

Story: Dan DiDio | Art: Jim Calafiore Cover: Danilo Beyrouth | Frank Miller Presents | $3.99

Out of the pages ANCIENT ENEMIES, learn the origin of THE GREATER GOOD, as Morrigan strikes an uneasy pact with the leader of the Zaiyan Race pushing humanity closer to choosing sides in the alien struggle.  Only a mystery from Morrigan's past can undue everything she's planned. 

Written by ANCIENT ENEMIES series creator, Dan DiDio,  Art by Jim "Suicide Squad" Calafiore and colors by HiFi.

ANIMALS #1 (OF 2)

Story: Keith Foster | Art: Ed Condon | Cover: Carlo Romero | Invader Comics | Mature | $6.99

New horror from the twisted mind of writer Keith Foster! A hunter in Olympic National Park dies from what an eyewitness insists was a long-dead elk coming back to life to exact revenge. Next, a bear stalks a camper with human intelligence and determination. Animals are killing people, and it's up to Sheriff Jack Bertrand to figure out why.

• I'm all for animals killing humans. Too few of them, too many of us. Right the balance!

ASTRO & INEZ LA NOVELA ONE-SHOT

Story: Lewelin Polanco | Art/Cover: Juan Romera | CEX Publishing | $4.99

The adorable misadventures of Astro, a troublemaking pup, and his human, Inéz! Astro has no sense of boundaries, and his impatience gets Inéz into all kinds of shenanigans. Inéz is a hopeless romantic with a "slightly" dramatic personality. She'll play bingo with your sweet abuelita, and then whine about how she was hustled. Don't miss the special incentive cover by fan-favorite Lane Lloyd!

• Looks cute, but might be YA.

BARNSTORMERS #1 

Story: Scott Snyder | Art/Cover: Tula Lotay | Dark Horse | $4.99

It's 1918 — the early days of the barnstorming era, when pilots competed with each other by performing deadlier and more wondrous feats, as we've never seen it before.

Pilot John Baron is back from the frontlines of the war, where he was injured. At 18 years old, he's an adventurer who lives his life traveling from town to town in his plane, entertaining folks across the country, most of whom have never seen a car, let alone a plane. His world changes when he meets Helen, a young woman who shares his passion for aviation and adventure.

They become a traveling act, flying from town to town, delighting folks with their antics. Helen even becomes John's wing-walker, climbing out on the wing of the plane mid-flight to perform death-defying acrobatics.

Along the way they bond, confessing their secrets and begin a romance in this lush, character-driven series that explores the early days of aviation and the evolving relationship and romance between two young pilots.

• I think this got its start at comiXology.
  • Nice covers!

BY THE HORNS: DARK EARTH #10

CINDERELLA VS QUEEN OF HEARTS #3 (OF 3)

COMPLETE INCORRUPTIBLE BY MARK WAID TP

COMPLETE IRREDEEMABLE TP

• I was really interested in Incorruptible and Irredeemable when they came out, but my LCS didn't carry BOOM and when I found out about them it seemed too much trouble to get the back issues. Now it feels like the time in which these books were trailblazers is gone, and they might actually be passe. Somebody talk me into reading them.

CRASHING TP

DEAR MINI: A GRAPHIC MEMOIR, BOOK ONE

Natalie Norris | Fantagraphics | 218 pages | $29.99

A vivid debut graphic memoir of adolescent resiliency.

This debut graphic memoir (the first of two books, with Book Two coming in 2025), is a bittersweet coming of age story that chronicles the author’s teenage experiences with sexual assault, PTSD, and resiliency. Dear Mini is not a cautionary tale, however, it is a vivid (at turns hilariously and uncomfortably so) depiction of adolescent agency in the face of trauma, tracing Norris’s journey from wayward wild-child to harnessing her adult voice after almost a decade of silence.

Told in the form of an illustrated letter to an old friend, Dear Mini recounts the author’s experience going abroad to attend a language immersion program in France after her sophomore year of high school. She meets Mini, an Austrian student who shares her predilection for illicit adventure, and the two quickly form a bond that they expect to last well after they go their separate ways. But when Natalie visits Mini ten months after their last face to face, something has changed. Their nocturnal exploits veer head on into disaster. Norris’s spirited and free-flowing page designs and full color cartooning bring her frank voice and personality to life, making Dear Mini one of the most compelling graphic novel debuts of 2023.

PRAISE

"This graphic novel tells a gripping story from the inside perspective of a teenage girl who has both the good and bad luck of resembling an erotic male fantasy. Great read." — Ulli Lust (Today is the Last Day of the Rest of Your Life)

"Dear Mini marks the arrival of a major new talent. Through some type of miraculous cartooning alchemy, Natalie Norris has transformed a brutal adolescent trauma into an effervescent and irresistible graphic memoir. I can't recommend this book enough." — James Sturm (Off Season)

• Doesn't everyone think their diary/journal is a biography/graphic novel in the making? This gal actually did it!

DOCTOR WHO: DOOM’S DAY #1

Writers: Jody Houser | Artist: Roberta Ingranata | Covers: Pasquale Qualano | Titan Comics | $3.99

Titan Comics is thrilled to announce a two-issue comic series launching on July 5, 2023, as part of the Doctor Who multi-platform story Doom’s Day. The comic series will feature fan-favourite character MISSY on the trail of new character DOOM, who makes her comic book debut.

It was announced last month that Titan Comics are participating in BBC Studios’ multi-platform Doctor Who story, Doom’s Day to celebrate Doctor Who’s 60th anniversary. Doom’s Day is a standalone transmedia series across multiple platforms and will allow Doctor Who fans to follow Doom, the Universe’s greatest assassin, as she travels through all of time and space in pursuit of the Doctor to save her from her ever-approaching Death. She only has 24 hours and a vortex manipulator to save herself before her fate is sealed forever.

Available in comic stores and on digital devices at release, Titan’s Doctor Who: Doom’s Day #1 comic is an adventure starring Doom in her comic book debut — using her vortex manipulator, she'll do anything to find the tempestuous time traveler, the Doctor, including cavorting with the maleficent MISSY. Every hour a new adventure, every hour closer to death...

Doctor Who: Doom’s Day #1 is written by Eisner-nominated Jody Houser (Stranger Things, Star Wars, Spider-Man) with art by Roberta Ingranata (Witchblade). The comic debuts with two covers for fans to collect: from celebrated artist Pasquale Qualano, and a photo cover variant.

Jake Devine, Editor, Titan’s Doctor Who Comics, says: “I'm so excited to be working with Jody and Roberta once more, and I can't think of a better team to introduce this dazzling new character to the world of Doctor Who comic books. Throw Missy into the fold and you've got one sensational adventure!”

Doctor Who: Doom’s Day #1 ($3.99) is now available to pre-order globally from May’s Diamond Previews catalogue, ForbiddenPlanet.com and on digital device via Comixology.

EJUNKY #1

Story: Nicholas Tana | Art: Kyle Faehnrich | Scout | $5.99

In a society that has eliminated pain and suffering through emotional regulation devices, a former Alternative Reality Investigator, haunted by visions connecting him to a dangerous cult, tries to stop the cult from unleashing painful, cellular memory experiences capable of starting a revolution.

In the year 2055, technology has reshaped humanity. Some people use Nerve Reading Devices (N.R.D.s) to share dreams. Others use Emo-Regs to filter and regulate emotions. Meanwhile, a growing group of addicts, called eJunkies, seek every kind of human experience by using drugs made up of other people’s memory cells. These eJunkies even go so far as to inject painful memories in the form of an alternative drug (ALT) known as Torch since pain and suffering have become commodities in a world that has made them virtually illegal.

When Hector Holmes, a disgraced investigator and eJunky, nearly overdoses on Torch, his previous partner from the Alternative Reality Investigation Squad (A.R.I.S.) requests his help. Their mission: stop The Guardians of Pain — a terrorist group distributing Torch to "wake" people to a painful past, almost completely purged from memory, in an effort to start a revolution. To do this, Hector enlists Astra, a dream celebrity whose television channel is hacked by the Guardians to promote their revolutionary message to her fans.

Astra’s celebrity status gives Hector access to every level of society, helping him get close to the cult group’s leader, a mysterious figure known as X. With Astra’s help, Hector scours the city and his own mind through Torch visions in pursuit of the Guardians, hoping to find some clues in the memory experiences they sell on the black market. But dosing these experiences comes with a price. After trying several doses of Torch, Hector’s reality blurs, pulling people from his life into his Torch-induced visions. As Hector’s mind unravels, he must confront a forgotten, painful past to stop a horrific, impending future under the Guardians’ reign of terror.

"Scout Comics takes a chance on creators new to the comic industry when many publishers prefer to focus on what we’ve already seen before, afraid to take risks," Writer/creator Nicholas Tana said. "In a world of information overload, I believe originality is the only way to stand out and survive. Being published with Scout, you don’t feel like you’re part of a big corporate conglomerate, you feel like you’re part of an artistic movement and a family of creators like yourself.

"eJunky was conceived after years of working as a biotech consultant and seeing how the effort to use technology to make life easier and even avoid pain and suffering can have its dire consequences. One need not look further than the opioid crisis with historical deaths in 2021 topping 100,000.

"It is also inspired by the suffering I've had to deal with caring for a child with a life-threatening illness. As someone who has visited the hospital more than 100 times in the past few years, I've seen the benefits of science and medicine as well as its pitfalls. I've witnessed intimately how pain and suffering are inevitable parts of life.

"By writing eJunky, I wanted to explore the value of pain in a way that gave it new meaning and purpose. As a society, we try everything possible to erase suffering from our lives. However, after embarking on a deep spiritual meditation practice to combat anxiety and depression, I've learned to confront pain, to transform it, to give my life new meaning.

"eJunky is a sci-fi noir detective story about what may resemble our future. On another level, I hope it also serves as a warning for what our lives might become if we allow technology to replace the full range of the human experience.

"Andrea Molinari, our editor at Scout, has gone above and beyond what one might expect from a publishing editor, offering so much passion, insight, and guidance throughout the development process. We're hoping that as we near promotion and publication, the rest of the team will continue to impress us with their extraordinary dedication and professionalism, all key ingredients to any successful, new comic book launch."

ETERNUS #5

FALLEN #4

FENCE REDEMPTION #2 (OF 4)

GENE SIMMON’S DOMINATRIX #1 (OF 4)

Story: Holly Interlandi | Art: S. L. Gallant, Maria Keane | Cover: Jim Balent | Opus Comics | $4.99

From the mind of the legendary Gene Simmons comes an action epic flavored with fetish fantasy! Dominique Stern is used to making people hurt-but they always ask for it first. When one of her sessions is interrupted by mysterious agents who seem to have hyper-strength, Dom's narrow escape leads her down the rabbit hole of a global conspiracy. Based on a story by Gene Simmons with scripts by Holly Interlandi (Cradle of Filth) and art by S L Gallant & Maria Keane (G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero).

• This title has come out before, and looked a lot like this. So I can't tell if this is a reboot or a reprint.
  • Gene Simmons is, of course, the "Demon" in KISS.
  • Jim Balent used to do Catwoman but now does a self-published title, Tarot: Witch of the Black Rose.

GORE GN

Story: Verity Holloway | Art/Cover: Ivo De Jager | Black Panel Press | $14.99

Beryl Gore is a lonely orphan living and working at the Palace Theater in London. Night after night, the company performs tales of guts and glory to an audience of drunken louts while young Beryl cranks the artificial wave machine, entranced by the drama. The plays color Beryl's otherwise humdrum life amongst the slaughterhouses and cobbled alleys of the city. In her attic room, she pens her own melodrama, a bloody yarn of pirates and damsels where goodness is always rewarded. When Beryl shyly shows her work to Mister Perry, the Theater Manager, he shoos the child away. As Beryl enters adulthood, the theater ages with her, becoming shabbier and emptier with each passing season. As theater-goers turn to fresh spectacles elsewhere, Beryl realizes her theatrical world is in trouble. If the Palace is to be saved, it will need a bold new playwright.

GRIM #11

HAIRBALL #4 (OF 4)

HEAT SEEKER: A GUN HONEY SERIES #1 (OF 4)

Story: Charles Ardai | Art: Ace Continuado | Covers: Stanley "Artgerm" Lau, Bill Sienkiewicz, Cosplay (Gracie TheCosplayLass), Ace Continuado, Claudia Caranfa, Ang Hor Kheng | Inks: Jose Zapata |  Colors: Asifur Rahman | Hard Case Crime (Titan Comics) | 32 pages | $3.99

Award-winning writer and co-founder of Hard Case Crime, Charles Ardai, returns to the Gun Honey universe in this action-packed spin-off featuring the sultry and explosive artwork of Ace Continuado.

If the heat is on, Dahlia Racers can help you disappear — for a price. Marked for death by a U.S. intelligence agency, Gun Honey Joanna Tan turns to Dahlia Racers to help her pull a vanishing act. But the killer hot on her trail, beautiful sociopath Sarah Claride, will leave bodies strewn from New York to Las Vegas to Tijuana, Mexico, if it means cornering Dahlia — and breaking her.

HERE COMES CALICO #3 (OF 8)

• "Criminals are a superstitious cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts. I must be a creature of the night, black, terrible, a … a … cat! A big ol' kittycat! A fluffy one, with lots of toys!"
  • And of course his arch-enemy is (sigh) "Raw Dog."

HORROR COMICS #25

JOSIF 1957 #2 (OF 2)

KITSUNE #4 (OF 6)

KNIGHTS OF THE DINNER TABLE #305

MAGIC THE GATHERING (MTG) SOUL & STONE HC

MAGICIANS RABBIT #1 

Story/Art: Agent Dunstone | Scout | $4.99

NONSTOP. In a post-apocalyptic world where humanity has embraced robotic bodies to survive, one such robot begins to doubt his thoughts are really his own. Rabbit, robot 0045, is approached by a mysterious stranger known as the Magician, who begins an investigation toward a horrible truth that Rabbit could never have imagined. Perhaps this world is even more sinister than it seems.

MASKERADE VOL 1 HC

MERRY-GO-ROUND TP

Story: Sergio Rossi | Art: Agnesse Innocente | Dark Horse | 192 pages | $19.99

Dark Horse Books is excited to work with writer Sergio Rossie (Edward Hopper: The Story of His Life, Nikola Tesla) and illustrator and colorist Agnese Innocente (Anna Dai Capelli Verdi) to present Merry-Go-Round. This is the first time the graphic novel will be released in English.

Life as a teenager is full of challenges and learning moments, from love triangles to missed appointments and beyond. Merry-Go-Round features the stories of a group of young people just trying to get through their day-to-day life, all while romance and simply growing up are throwing roadblocks along the way. Based on the Arthur Schnitzler play by the same name, this volume is a perfect encapsulation of growing up, and trying to figure everything out.

Praise for Merry-Go-Round:

Winner of the Anderson Prize for Best Comic book, 2021

“For the ability not only to transpose a classic of dramaturgy literature into the language of comics but also, and above all, for having done it with an originality that intensely interprets the sensitivities and disturbances of contemporary adolescence”

• This looks interesting, but it might also be YA. Can't tell.

MISKATONIC HIGH #2 

MOSELY #5 (OF 5)

MOTEL UNIVERSE VOL 3 GN (OF 3)

NIGHT OF GHOUL TP

Story: Scott Snyder | Art/Cover: Francesco Francavilla | Dark Horse | $19.99

A dazzling work of horror, intercutting between the present-day narrative and the story of a lost horror film.

Filmmaker T.F. Merrit has spent decades confined in a retirement facility, which he claims is ran by the Order of the Fly, a cult organization from his very own movie. And as the night goes on, Forest Inmann and his son Orson find themselves falling deeper into his cinematic nightmare.

The writer and artist behind Batman: The Black Mirror reunite to shed light on a celluloid artifact once thought forever missing, perhaps with good reason . . .

I'm guessing this is another book with its origins in comiXology.

NORTH VALLEY GRIMOIRE #2 (OF 6)

OLD CAVES GN

Story/Art: Tyler Landry | Uncivilized Books | $19.95

A retiree dedicates his days to combing a dense, snow-covered forest in pursuit of the unknown, and his nights to reminiscing about his wife. Old Caves is a peek through a frost-covered window at isolation, obsession, and the slow erosion of relationships. The high contrast black and white art enhances the sense of absolute solitude. Old Caves is one of the best-looking graphic novel debuts in recent memory.

• There must be a twist to this book beyond the description. Sounds kinda ... boring.

PARKER GIRLS #8

• Heads up, Terry Moore fans!

PINK LEMONADE TP

PLANET COMICS #19

ONCE UPON A TIME AT END OF WORLD #7

POPEYE VARIANTS: NOT YOUR PAPPY'S COMICS & ART BOOK HC

• Heads up, comic strip fans!

POPSCARS #4 (OF 6) 

PROMETHEUS IN CHAINS #1

Story: Richard Davis | Art: Jordan Direnzo | Cover: Les Lindon Garner | Red 5 Comics | Mature | $4.95

The third nightmare from Rich Davis (Cult of Dracula). Professors Victor & Elizabeth Frankenstein have joined the Manhattan Project after fleeing Nazi Germany. When Elizabeth passes away from cancer caused by radiation exposure Victor spirals into the deepest depths of depression. Haunted by guilt, grief and regret, a new kind of monster comes to life.

THE ROCK GODS OF JACKSON, TENNESSEE

Story: Rafer Roberts | Art: Mike Norton | Dark Horse | Teen (13-18) | 200 pages | $20.00

Dark Horse Books presents a rockin’ new tale in The Rock Gods of Jackson, Tennessee! This legendary new graphic novel combines elements of action, adventure, horror, and humor packed in one epic trade paperback book. Rock Gods is created by writer Rafer Roberts (Grumble, Minecraft: Stories from the Overworld), artist Mike Norton (Grumble, Battlepug, Revival), colorist Allen Passalaqua (JSA, Batgirl and the Birds of Prey), and letterer Crank! (Jonna and the Unpossible Monsters, Rick and Morty).

It’s 1989 and Jackson, Tennessee’s, number one juvenile delinquent, Marty Ward, never wanted to join the Rock Gods. After all, who wants to be in a band with nerds like Jonny, Lenny and Doug? But after the high schoolers stumble into the gig of a lifetime — opening for local rock legend Tommi Tungstun — the four outcasts must put aside their differences and play together if they want to achieve their dreams of fame, freedom and popularity.

Standing in these future superstars’ way are: their parents, their teachers, a school full of jerks and bullies, a town full of bad bosses, sanctimonious preachers, and corrupt politicians, each other and a rampaging horde of mutated monsters tearing through Jackson and eating everything in their path.

“This is the comic I was born to write,” says writer Rafer Roberts. “ROCK GODS is incredibly weird, and a little scary, but it’s also oddly tender and caring.” 

“ROCK GODS started with Mike throwing ideas at me,” continues Roberts. “His idea about his high school friends starting a rock band (but having to fight monsters instead) seemed like it would be in my wheelhouse. And, like Mike, I was also in a terrible rock band back in high school and thought I might have something to say.”

“The idea of this book was originally to make a serious autobiographical story about my hometown,” artist Mike Norton says, “but I soon realized that wasn’t as fun as working with Rafer and making stuff up that never happened!”

• This is right up the street from me — Jackson is a city of about 70,000 about an hour's drive N/NE on I-40 — and I used to have family there. But that branch of the family died out and Jackson is really boring otherwise. But don't listen to a cynical local. Enjoy your vacation!
  • Here's a preview.

SINS OF THE SALTON SEA #2 (OF 5)

Story: Ed Brisson | Art: C.P. Smith | Letters: Hassan Otsmane-Elhaou | Covers: Tim Bradstreet, Francesco Francavilla, Chris Ferguson, Francesco Francavilla | AWA | $3.99

Wyatt, a professional thief living off the grid, is recruited by his brother for one last job. Their target: an armored car traveling down a desolate stretch of California highway. But when it turns out that their target is carrying not gold bars but human cargo, Wyatt is plunged into a conflict between warring factions of a doomsday cult. The cult claims that it is their solemn duty to save the world by means of human sacrifice. Will Wyatt protect the boy who has come into his charge? Or will he be swayed by the cult’s increasingly convincing claims that the end of the world is fast approaching?

STAR TREK DEFIANT #5

STAR TREK DS9 DOG OF WAR #4

SURVIVAL #3 (OF 5)

SWEET DOWNFALL #1

Story/Art: Stefano Cardoselli | Scout | $4.99

Jonny is an old-model crash test dummy who's been repurposed as a hitman for the Don Vito Coriaci of sprawling ocean bound city-state Santa Clara City. Jonny is loyal and follows orders to the T, until his latest mission when he's tasked with bringing in a mermaid, a delicacy with healing properties When Johnny falls in love with the mermaid and decides to save her, the chase is on!

THANKS ROMINA #1

Story/Art: Giulie Speziani | Cover: S.E. Case | Scount-Chase | $4.99

After an unpaid internship upon graduating from college, young Latina Romina starts a job as an account coordinator at Lockroy Post, a television post-production house. But her first day feels like an unmitigated disaster. Romina has no office yet, the team is dealing with server issues and pushed deadlines, yet Clay, the coworker who is supposed to show her the ropes, keeps foisting paperwork on her rather than letting her help. On a phone call, her sister and father insist she should abandon ship and pursue a Masters. But Romina decides to stay and prove herself no matter what.

THE EDGE #2

THE PINK ELEPHANT #1 (OF 3)

Story: E&E Plissken | Art/Cover: Benson Chin | Sumerian | Mature | #3.99

From the writers of Heavy Metal Drummer, The Purple Oblivion, and The Firstborns comes this 80s slasher, lysergic, weird, indie, lynch-esque story. A group of teens on a road trip meet a creepy old woman at a gas station. A brief back and forth conversation with her leads to a night of acid trips, teen hijinks, and a giant killer with an elephant head. Things are about to get weird.

THORN #1

Story: Travis Hill | Art/Cover: Mark Pate | Sumerian | $4.99

When harm done to the community of Rosebush Heights comes from the hands of law enforcement, city officials, and other legal channels, a masked vigilante rises up to push back against government approved evils. Thorn takes to the night to make sure his neighborhood is safe from outsiders that bring perverted justice. Meanwhile, Alton Eldridge, who operates the local community center, is trying to work with the city to keep private investors from buying up Rosebush properties and forcing residents out of their homes. When the kidnapping of a Rosebush teenager sends the community into a panic, both Thorn and Alton spring into action.

• "Criminals are a superstitious cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts. I must be a creature of the night, black, terrible, a … a … thorn! Perhaps from a rose, so I smell nice!"

TMNT ARMAGEDDON GAME #8

TRACKERS PRESENTS: ADVENTURES OF CAPTAIN NICK TP

Story: Grey Allison, Michelle McCann, Tony Deis | Art: Thomas Pitilli | Inks: Lukas Ketner | Colors: Liezl Buenaventura | Letters: Troy Peteri | $14.99

Dark Horse Books and Trackers Earth are proud to introduce Captain Nick and the courageous and resourceful Explorer Society, as told by the expert outdoor educators and adventurers of Trackers Earth! 

Trackers Earth is an award-winning outdoor education organization with a mission to inspire kids and families to explore, connect, and care for the natural world. Through their programs and stories, Trackers Earth teaches kids old-school outdoor skills such as wilderness survival, nature awareness and tracking. These experiences help kids develop resilience, confidence and independence in all walks of life. Many of their camps teach these skills through fantastic live-action role-playing that takes kids out into the wilderness, including the official B.P.R.D. (aka Hellboy) Camp, which met with widespread acclaim. While Trackers has created non-fiction how-to skills books and short online and printed comics for kids at their summer camps, this is their first graphic novel with Dark Horse Books. 

In Trackers Presents: Captain Nick & the Explorer Society — Compass of Mems, Captain Nick and the kids race to find the mysterious Compass of Mems before their nemesis, the Contessa, gets her hands on it. Can they safeguard this ancient relic and foil her plans to conquer the world? Captain Nick adventures are packed with lost worlds, ancient treasures, time travel, dinosaurs and butt-kicking girl assassins!

UNDER THE INFLUENCE #1 (OF 5)

Story: Eliot Rahal | Art/Cover: Stefano Simeone | Mad Cave Studios | $4.99

(New Series) A teenage sociopath, Paul Kozac, has accidentally created an internet cult called The Hot Dog Party. When a prank turns deadly, the F.B.I. sends in an undercover agent, Cara Cole, to investigate and infiltrate their ranks. Now Cara battles against real stakes, fake news, and memes in a character-driven story about power structures and the communities you build. This is a story about "Click to follow" cultism during the age of social media.

UTOWN GN

Story/Art: Caroline Breault | Oni | $19.99

Utown is the story of a seedy neighborhood that a cast of misfits call home. Samuel is a 24-year-old self-described aspiring artist (but mostly a video store clerk) who's doing his best to avoid adulthood. When gentrification shows up at his doorstep, he must face the fact that the town he grew up in is no longer his safe haven-and that he's not ready to leave just yet. With no money and few options, it's time for him to step up and prove his worth as a serious artist or keep on repeating old, toxic behaviors.

WORLD OF BLACK HAMMER VOL 1 OMNIBUS TP

WORLD OF TOMORROW #2

WORLD WAR 3 RAID ON TOKYO #5 (OF 5)

YOUNG HELLBOY: ASSAULT ON CASTLE DEATH HC

YURI IS MY JOB VOL 11 GN

MORE MANGA

TO THE ABANDONED SACRED BEASTS VOL 14

ANCIENT MAGUS BRIDE VOL 18 GN

BERSERK OF GLUTTONY VOL 8 GN

BLADE OF IMMORTAL DELUXE HC VOL 9

BLUE BOX VOL 5 GN

CLASSROOM OF ELITE HORIKITA VOL 1 GN

DRIFTING DRAGONS VOL 14 GN

DR STONE VOL 26 GN

EDEN’S ZERO VOL 23 GN

ELUSIVE SAMURAI VOL 7 GN

GAP PAPA DADDY AT WORK & HOME VOL 2 GN

HANA & HINA AFTER SCHOOL VOL 2 GN

HENSHIN VOL 1: BLAZING PHOENIX GN

IN SPECTRE VOL 18 GN

KEMONO JIHEN VOL 6 GN

KUBO WON’T LET ME BE INVISIBLE GN VOL 8 GN

LET’S BUY LAND & CULTIVATE IT VOL 4 GN

LIKE A BUTTERFLY VOL 1 GN

LOVE IS AN ILLUSION VOL 3 GN

LOVELY MUCO VOL 2 GN

MADE IN ABYSS VOL 11 GN

MAN AND HIS CAT VOL 8 GN

MORIARTY THE PATRIOT VOL 12 GN

MY LOVE MIX UP VOL 8 GN

NORAGAMI OMNIBUS VOL 6 GN

ONE PIECE VOL 103 GN

PANDORA IN CRIMSON SHELL GHOST URN VOL 16 GN

PLEASE GO HOME MISS AKUTSU VOL 2 GN

ROMANTIC KILLER VOL 4 GN

TISTA VOL 2 GN

VAMPIRE KNIGHT MEMORIES VOL 8 GN

VERSAILLES OF DEAD VOL 4 GN

WORLD’S END HAREM FANTASIA VOL 9 GN

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• MORE KIDS

ASTRO MOUSE & LIGHT BULB VOL 3 RETURN BEYOND UNKNOWN GN

BETTY & VERONICA FRIENDS FOREVER BEACH PARTY ONE-SHOT

12128919087?profile=RESIZE_710xScript: Jamie L. Rotante | Art: Holly G!, Jim Amash | Colors: Glenn Whitmore | Letters: Jack Morelli | Cover: Holly G! | Archie | $3.99

A BRAND-NEW STORY kicks off this SUMMER FUN issue! In “Babbi’s Riverdale Beach Party,” to celebrate the release of the new Babbi movie, Veronica decides to throw an over-the-top beach party, with everyone dressed as their favorite Babbi doll. The Lodge Beach House is turned into a lifelike version of Babbi’s Beach House — complete with unicorn rides on the beach! There are even some hints that a surprise guest will make an appearance — so when a handsome, young stranger shows up, EVERYONE wants to know who he is! All that plus even more fun in the sun stories and fabulous summer fashions!

• Nothing unusual here. Kind of a throwback.

12128919488?profile=RESIZE_710x12128919496?profile=RESIZE_710x12128919855?profile=RESIZE_710x12128919872?profile=RESIZE_710x12128919686?profile=RESIZE_710x12128920256?profile=RESIZE_710x12128920460?profile=RESIZE_710x12128920273?profile=RESIZE_710x

BETTY & VERONICA JUMBO COMICS DIGEST #315

12128920685?profile=RESIZE_710xScript: Dan Parent, Ian Flynn  | Art: Dan Parent, Holly G, Bob Smith, Jim Amash | Colors: Glenn Whitmore | Letters: Jack Morelli | Cover: Dan Parent | Archie | 192 pages | $9.99

TWO BRAND NEW STORIES!  First, Ethel and new girl Cassie Cloud are teaming up against Betty and Veronica in a beach volleyball contest. But when two cuties on the beach catch their eyes, they have a new mission—hit the ball in their direction to get their attention! But when Ethel’s aim is a little off, chaos ensues!

Then, in “Solar Panic,” Archie’s spending a day on the beach with Darla Lang — aka Darkling! But it’s not all sun in the fun for Darla, who isn’t exactly a fan of sunshine. Can Archie get her to change her mind, or will he get sunburned trying?

• This one includes another forgotten Archie superhero, Darkling. She first appeared in Rich Buckler's attempt to revive the MLJ characters in the 1980s, and owes more than a little to Charlton's Nightshade.

12128920870?profile=RESIZE_710x12128921052?profile=RESIZE_710x12128920888?profile=RESIZE_710x12128921079?profile=RESIZE_710x12128921093?profile=RESIZE_710x12128921653?profile=RESIZE_710x12128921667?profile=RESIZE_710x12128921480?profile=RESIZE_710x12128921699?profile=RESIZE_710x12128922052?profile=RESIZE_710x

CASAGRANDES 3-IN-1 GN VOL 1 GN

CHIP N DALE RESCUE RANGERS COUNT ROQUEFORT CASE HC

DRAGON PRINCE VOL 2: BLOODMOON HUNTRESS GN

GERONIMO STILTON REPORTER 3-IN-1 VOL 1 GN

LOUD HOUSE VOL 17 SIBLING RIVALRY GN

LOUD HOUSE VOL 18 SISTER RESISTER GN

MAGICAL HISTORY TOUR VOL 11 SLAVERY GN

MARVEL BEGINNINGS SPIDER-MAN’S SPOOKY HALLOWEEN BOARD BOOK

MONSTROUS GN

MY LITTLE PONY #14

NARWHAL & JELLY VOL 8 SUPER SCARY NARWHALLOWEEN

NERVOUS REX #4 

PLANTS VS ZOMBIES IMPFESTATION GN

SISTERS VOL 8 MY NEW BIG SISTER GN

SMURF TALES VOL 6 SMURF AND ORDER & OTHER TALES GN

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #62

WORLD OF ARCHIE JUMBO COMICS DIGEST #131

12128922677?profile=RESIZE_710xScript: Ian Flynn, Dan Parent | Art: Bill Galvan, Dan Parent, Jim Amash, Bob Smith | Colors: Glenn Whitmore | Letters: Jack Morelli | Cover: Francis Bonnet, Dan Parent | Archie | 192 pages | $9.99

TWO BRAND NEW STORIES! First, in “Law & Disorder,” Reggie is causing mischief as usual — but Moose gets involved to settle the score, something unexpected happens: the action attracts superhero MR. JUSTICE, who’s got his eyes set on Moose as a potential sidekick!

Then, in "You're a FIREWORK!,” when innocent July 4th fireworks show at Pickens Park accidentally opens a portal to a demon world, DARKLING must send her former evil enemies out of Riverdale and back to their own world!

• Darkling makes a return, as does Mr. Justice.

12128922875?profile=RESIZE_710x12128922884?profile=RESIZE_710x12128922698?profile=RESIZE_710x12128923261?profile=RESIZE_710x12128923286?profile=RESIZE_710x12128923096?profile=RESIZE_710x12128923676?profile=RESIZE_710x12128923694?profile=RESIZE_710x12128924252?profile=RESIZE_710x

ZAKS AND OTHER LOST STORIES HC

• Heads up, Dr. Seuss fans!
  • Guess I'm not feeling as "talky" as I was last week. I jotted down only two titles (but two from last week didn't ship so I may be buying four on Wednesday). 

• COMPLETE INCORRUPTIBLE BY MARK WAID TP

COMPLETE IRREDEEMABLE TP

I was really interested in Incorruptible and Irredeemable when they came out, but my LCS didn't carry BOOM and when I found out about them it seemed too much trouble to get the back issues. Now it feels like the time in which these books were trailblazers is gone, and they might actually be passe. Somebody talk me into reading them.

I read them both and recommend them. There are interesting take-offs on Superman, Lois, Luthor, et al. 

So, what do you do when Superman loses his mind?

This reply was deleted.