There will be thirteen one-hour episodes, each being a full hour, not forty-five minutes. Netflix has been releasing entire seasons of their original programming on the same day and presumably they will do the same with Daredevil.

CAST:

Charlie Cox                          Matt Murdock/Daredevil

Deborah Ann Woll                 Karen Page

Elden Henson                       Foggy Nelson

Rosario Dawson                    Claire Temple

Vincent D'Onofrio                   Wilson Fisk/Kingpin

Scott Glenn                           Stick

Bob Gunton                           The Owl

Later Netflix productions will be Luke Cage, The Defenders, Iron Fist, and AKA Jessica Jones.

Views: 1367

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've watched the first two, and I had the same thought about the hand-to-hand combat. I assume you're referring to the big fight in the hall at the end of the second episode. Lots of hitting, and DD is so exhausted at the end that he can barely stand up. It's not pretty, but it certainly is suspenseful.

That was certainly an epic fight, and demonstrates what I was talking about better than anything else. But it's true throughout the series: DD had a hard time with the guy sent to kill Karen; DD had a hard time with bowling-ball killer; DD had a hard time with the guard at the cocaine lab (before it blew up). The trained killer types give him a very hard time, but even the non-trained are hard for him to put down, because knocking someone out is a difficult thing to do.

Mark Sullivan (Vertiginous Mod) said:

I've watched the first two, and I had the same thought about the hand-to-hand combat. I assume you're referring to the big fight in the hall at the end of the second episode. Lots of hitting, and DD is so exhausted at the end that he can barely stand up. It's not pretty, but it certainly is suspenseful.

I like the fact that they seem to making reference to the Avengers movie and all the destruction that was done to Hell's Kitchen.

Also, visually and atmospherically, I think they've done a great job of capturing the Frank Miller/Brian Bendis vibe. It's pretty clear that the creators have read and understand the source material.

Watched through episode 9 or 10. As my wife says, "this show just gets better and better."

I've watched five episodes. I love it so far. My brother and his wife are watching and love it as well. My sister-in-law knows next to nothing about Daredevil and likes the show. It's one of the best superhero things I've ever seen.

Watched 3 and 4 today. Still very impressed. D'Onofrio's Kingpin is just spot-on. He goes from shrewd businessman to scary psychopath to vulnerable stutterer with ease and it's all totally believable.

I loved his work on Law & Order Criminal Intent.

Detective 445 said:

Watched 3 and 4 today. Still very impressed. D'Onofrio's Kingpin is just spot-on. He goes from shrewd businessman to scary psychopath to vulnerable stutterer with ease and it's all totally believable.

Denofrio is great. I'm on episode 7 now. Love Scott Glenn.
Just finished episode 12. Wow...did not see that coming.

This series is just excellent. I've always felt like street level heroes would work better than the big boys in TV and movies. Can't wait to see the other Netflix Marvel shows.

Seen the whole series, and overall it's a definite "A".

Weirdly, I thought Scott Glenn was kinda dull -- he didn't have any inflection in his dialogue. Dunno. Method acting, maybe. ("I'm a stick!")

And now that I've seen the costume, I kinda prefer the black pajamas. Movies/TV don't do full face masks well. Still, it will make him a bit easier to see!

My wife was equally blown away. She wants a second season of DD NOW, thank you very much. I keep telling her there's four other series coming first, but she doesn't care. She wants some more Daredevil!

I don't knkw. Scott Glenn is sort of a stick anyways. I thought he was pretty good. I've never read a comic with Stick before so I don't know what he's like.
My sister in law loved the show and is ready for season 2 as well.
Oh and I didn't see that ending coming in episode 12. Though I did yell out oh (insert favorite four letter word here) when Kingpin was sitting on Ben's couch. So I should've seen t coming. All in all a great series.

Captain Comics said:

Seen the whole series, and overall it's a definite "A".

Weirdly, I thought Scott Glenn was kinda dull -- he didn't have any inflection in his dialogue. Dunno. Method acting, maybe. ("I'm a stick!")

And now that I've seen the costume, I kinda prefer the black pajamas. Movies/TV don't do full face masks well. Still, it will make him a bit easier to see!

My wife was equally blown away. She wants a second season of DD NOW, thank you very much. I keep telling her there's four other series coming first, but she doesn't care. She wants some more Daredevil!

Just finished up. Nice satisfying resolution that still leaves plenty of threads hanging for future seasons. There was a reference to "the Greek chick" and of course Melvin Potter's saw blade designs. And the Owl mentioned his son a couple of times. That can't be meaningless. Kingpin in prison should be interesting.  I felt like there was enough depth of material here that they could have easily fleshed this out to 26 episodes. Maybe even a couple of seasons.

Captain Comics said:

I agree. Overall it seems like there are very few costumes that work in real life and masks and cowls are especially problematic. It's always painful to watch Christian Bale being asphyxiated by his own mask. I felt like Daredevil was able to mitigate that a little bit by having so many scenes with DD at night or in the shadows.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2021   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service