http://www.comicsalliance.com/2011/03/23/cartoon-network-dc-nation/

More than likely in response to Disney preparing more Marvel material for its cable stations such as Disney XD, Warner Brothers' Cartoon Network will be giving the DC characters their own block of programming.

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Cartoon Network gives DC a big advantage over Marvel. I don't know anybody around here that even has Disney XD.
  • I'm wondering how many kids watch the shows online.  Both CN and XD have complete episodes of their shows on their websites, so whether your area has the channels on a system or not, you can still see them if you have high speed internet.
  • If Wonder Woman does well and, as tweeted by Geoff Johns last week, the Gaiman/Johns Sandman TV series hits screens next year...and Dark Knight Rises and Superman are on the big screen...it could be a very good year for DC.

Of course...Marvel/Disney has that little Joss Whedon Avengers thing and the new Amazing Spider-Man...

• I think I'd rather see a Gaiman-involved Sandman series on the CW, even a bad one, rather than a Raven series by the Smallville guys.
  • I used to get Disney XD but then it suddenly was no longer part of my cable package. I do get the On-Demand channel so I haven't missed The Avengers, which I like.

It is strange though to see the Hulk battle the Masters of Evil, Kang the Conqueror and Wonder Man as an Avenger! And why no Scarlet Witch or Quicksilver? Are they now attached to the X-Men franchise?

• Um...they aren't part of a movie deal yet.  The other Avengers will all appear in upcoming Disney produced films.
  • Anybody else planning to watch the debut tomorrow morning?  I gave up on Young Justice months ago, but the idea of having so many second and third string DC characters with their own series of shorts intrigues me enough that I'll probably start recording the entire block.

• Nuts -- forgot all about it, and turned on the TV just in time for "Next Week on DC Nation!"

• Young Justice has gotten better and better with each episode.  The extras shown this week were one of the claymation shorts using real kid voices and a Plastic Man cartoon.

• Is it just an hour-long black starting at 10am EST, or is it two hours starting at 9?

This reply was deleted.