from this link:

Meyer particularly highlighted that DC Comics characters are key parts of Warner's future, mentioning a July 20, 2012 release date for the latest "Batman" film by Christopher Nolan and a holiday season 2012 "Superman" film. 

Views: 308

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It seems to me that they should take a page from Marvel and work toward a JLA movie. You've got Batman and GL established, so re-boot Clark, introduce Diana, and get the gang together for at the satellite...
Rich Steeves said:
It seems to me that they should take a page from Marvel and work toward a JLA movie. You've got Batman and GL established, so re-boot Clark, introduce Diana, and get the gang together for at the satellite...

They keep going back and forth on this. At one point, Warners was in favor of a Justice League movie. Then it wanted to do it without the actors from the solo Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman films ...

Then it shelved the project because it thought it would be too confusing to have different actors play Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman in the solo movies and the Justice League movie ...

Then Marvel started to get several hits with its movies (Iron Man, the Hulk reboot), and Warners put the project back on again ...

... I don't know where things stand currently ...
Spoke too soon...GL is getting a series...

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=26424
I'm glad that they're going to do a new Superman film. I wanted to like Superman Returns, but it just didn't work for me.
They should start the next Superman film with the images of Superman's origin from All-Star Superman, and move along from there. Maybe with a voice-over of some kid reading the text:

"Doomed Planet.
Desperate Scientists.
Last Hope.
Kindly Couple."

The image of Superman flying in front of the sun would be live action.

That's the best and briefest Superman origin story ever.

EVER.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

Check out the Secret Headquarters (my store) website! it's much better now!

Listen to WOXY.com, it's the future of rock-n-roll!

I like your thinking ...

Plus, that approach offers the extra added bonus of letting us get right to the story, whatever it might be, without spending more half the movie on setup and the origin (like the first Christopher Reeve Superman; he didn't show up until more than 60 minutes in).
I loved the ponderousness and epic quality of the first movie. That was a huge step forward to treat a superhero story so respectfully as an American myth. But its been done, so I'm with Dagwan.

They kind of had the right idea with SR, as making it take place after the first two meant they didn't have to do the origin again. Pity the had to retread the incredibly small and petty Luthor makes a fast buck elements of the first movies though.
Russell T. Davies would be perfect as a writer/director for Superman.
ClarkKent_DC said:
Rich Steeves said:

They keep going back and forth on this. At one point, Warners was in favor of a Justice League movie. Then it wanted to do it without the actors from the solo Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman films ...

Then it shelved the project because it thought it would be too confusing to have different actors play Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman in the solo movies and the Justice League movie ...

Then Marvel started to get several hits with its movies (Iron Man, the Hulk reboot), and Warners put the project back on again ...

... I don't know where things stand currently ...

Where things stand currently: The Justice League movie is back on (see here: "Justice League Will Be Separate from Superman, Batman Movies" and here: "Justice League, the Movie? Warner Chief Sets Sights On Team-Up Film and ‘Reinvent...).
Very interesting news, indeed!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Publisher News

The Justice League comes to an end in 'Justice League' #75

Posted by Captain Comics on January 20, 2022 at 5:30pm 0 Comments

Joshua Williamson & Rafa Sandoval Team up for the Final Issue of JUSTICE LEAGUE out on April 19…

Continue

Groups

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service