http://www.comicsalliance.com/2009/05/28/dwayne-mcduffie-fired-from...

This is just sad on a lot of levels...this man was a major force in making the JLA cartoon the great thing it was...

...I hope to see a lot more McDuffie in the Marvel U. in the near future.

Views: 368

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yep, what bothers me is that Brad Meltzer gets to tell the story he wants to tell, but Dwayne McDuffie doesn't.
........well, the cynic would say that Dwayne got the chance to tell his a story in his first arc. It wasn't that great; when presumably he didn't have that overly controlling editorial interference......
Terence Stewart said:
........well, the cynic would say that Dwayne got the chance to tell his a story in his first arc. It wasn't that great; when presumably he didn't have that overly controlling editorial interference......

His first arc was overflow from the Green Arrow/Black Canary wedding... Then a teaser for Tangent: Superman's Reign... Followed by a Salvation Run crossover story... And that was his first year on the title. So I'm not sure what arc you're talking of that wasn't editorially-mandated?
Alan M. said:
Terence Stewart said:

His first arc was overflow from the Green Arrow/Black Canary wedding... Then a teaser for Tangent: Superman's Reign... Followed by a Salvation Run crossover story... And that was his first year on the title. So I'm not sure what arc you're talking of that wasn't editorially-mandated?

Yeah, JLA has been the unwilling cabana boy for the various crossovers for the better part of two years.

Doggone it.

This old thread makes me hate DC even more. I know he breached the contract by giving specifics about why he was fired, but this reminds me that not only did they pretty much take a dump all over Milestone because of this, but he died under some bad circumstances professionally.

The current DC middle-management (and quite possibly the upper management) needs to change, in my opinion.

The current DC middle-management (and quite possibly the upper management) needs to change, in my opinion.

To me it is mainly the upper management and one specifically, and that is Bob Harras. Of course being mad at the current group for what happened to McDuffie is a bit misplaced as a lot of them there now weren't the ones messing with him back then.

Yeah, I was concerned when DC hired him -- but because I wasn't a Marvel reader when he was in charge, I didn't know HOW concerned I should have been...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service