ABOUT THE SHOW

From Creator/Executive Producer Tim Kring, who imagined NBC's original critically acclaimed 2006 "Heroes" series, comes "Heroes Reborn," an epic 13-episode event series that chronicles the lives of ordinary people who discover they possess extraordinary abilities.

A year ago, a terrorist attack in Odessa, Texas left the city decimated. Blamed for the tragic event, those with extraordinary abilities are in hiding or on the run from those with nefarious motives.

Views: 566

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

June 13 of “last year” is the “9-11” of the Heroes Reborn universe. A terrorist attack on the day of “Evo” unity has led to a dystopian reality that, frankly, I haven’t been too wild about. Also, there are two characters in particular who aren’t very sympathetic: a husband and wife who lost their son on June 13 and who have since set out on a killing spree. Prior to June 13 they were a loving and happy family, but now that the husband has developed powers of his own, they aren’t even a couple anymore. He lost his wife, sold his practice, set fire to his house, is suicidal. Still, pretty tough to feel sorry for him, though.

In last night’s episode, two sets of stories have converged, and two things happened which promise the outlook of the show will start to look up.

1. Hiro Nakamura has been rescued from captivity
2. He and Noah set out to change the past.

I’m very much looking forward to what happens next.

I just caught up, and am looking forward to what happens next. We've only seen six of the thirteen episodes, so the June 13th do-over probably won't be immediately successful.

photo spoiler-1.gif
I just watched the two-part story entitled "June 13th." I wish this had started off the series. It made all of the various characters (motivations, powers, origins) clear to me. It also had a believable reason for Claire's death.

Heroes Reborn will return on January 7, 2016.

You and I may be the only ones on this board watching it, Richard, but I, for one, will be back.

Count me in.

I've been watching as well.

I am too!  I think this version is holding together better than the original, altho it still has a tendency to trip over its own mythology, like insisting that the newborn twins be sent back in time 15 years so their powers will have manifested in time to save the world, despite the fact that the boy has clearly already manifested his power.  Obviously, they needed someone more literally reasonable than infants to actually save the world, but since they're time traveling anyway, why not send them back 30 years and get hopefully responsible adults to do the job, instead of confused teenagers?

Dave Elyea said:

I am too!  I think this version is holding together better than the original, altho it still has a tendency to trip over its own mythology, like insisting that the newborn twins be sent back in time 15 years so their powers will have manifested in time to save the world, despite the fact that the boy has clearly already manifested his power.  Obviously, they needed someone more literally reasonable than infants to actually save the world, but since they're time traveling anyway, why not send them back 30 years and get hopefully responsible adults to do the job, instead of confused teenagers?

Agreed. I love time travel stories but in this case, I think the writers gave themselves too big of a challenge. When you have an omnipotent character who can travel forward and backward in time and space and also freeze time around him, it makes it very difficult to avoid plot holes. I keep thinking, why didn't Hiro (or the kid) just travel back and change this or that? Or why didn't he freeze time and do this? Overall, I think Reborn is probably better than the original series except for season 1.

I was mostly pleased with the season finale last night. I liked pretty much all the characters on the original Heroes, but I’m interested in only half of the new cast. To be perfectly honest, I’m more interested in the fates of the old cast which have not been revealed than I am in the new characters which don’t appeal to me. Consequently, I feel this season has concentrated way too much of the characters I don’t like and not enough n the ones I do. (The reality is probably that they’ve all been given roughly equal screen time.) Also, the original show did a better job of drawing a diverse group of characters, separated by background as well as geography, together and intertwining their story and character arcs. By the finale of the revival, many characters still remained on the periphery of the main story. Maybe that was the point. Or maybe the season just wasn’t long enough. Which brings me to my final point.

Was this short season enough to draw in new viewers?

I’ll be back.

I hope Heroes will.

We just watched the last two episodes. Like you, I have enjoyed the characters who were brought in from the old series. More would have been nice, but solid actors are not easily brought back to previous roles.

There was a lot of cosmic/time travel stuff in the miniseries. In the original series this sort of thing confused and turned off casual viewers. Even so, I thought it was handled better originally, where the time travel aspects were much clearer and not as rapid-fire. As well-versed as I am in comics and science fiction I found it confusing a lot of the time.

They seemed to be leaving the door open for another season, but according to what I see on the internet NBC announced ten days ago that it would not be returning. I guess the viewers who couldn't handle the last season of Heroes couldn't handle this either.

I'm disappointed to hear that.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2021   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service