Replies

• "Greens"?  What other colors run Canada?
  • Interesting. Thanks for the info.  You have now told me more about Canadian politics than I ever learned in a decade-and-a-half of schooling.
  • So, which one is the Sensible Party, which one is the Silly Party, and which one is the Very Silly Party?
  • One you left out Alexandra (and dependant on where in Canada you located, it might be a lack of interaction with them) is the Bloc Quebecois which although I don't agree with their philosophy in the least, on the local level, they do tend to get the jobs done and do a fair amount to keep things running in my community. Still, based on that aforementioned philosophy, I voted NDP in the advance vote.
  • OK, so I'll rephrase the question:

Which one is the Sensible Party, which one is the Slightly Silly Party,which one is the Silly Party, and which one is the Very Silly Party?

• As long as the good people of Ontario still get John Simcoe Day off, I love the Canadian government!
  • ...NDP stands for , BTW ?

( Yank - but conceived in Quebec , where my father's company had him working at the time !!!!!!!!! )

• ...BT additionally W , taking this to more general politics and things that I suppose may not apply in Canada , what's folks' here's opinion of

ranked-choice voting ,

which has been in effect here in the Bay Area both in San Francicso and Oakland for a while ?

The woman who won the mayorality of Oakland in the last election would not have won it based on her #1 votes , had she been judged strictly on that...The mainline political , um , " machine " guy whould've won thaen...

I suppose I am more for than aganst RCV myself...Perhaps based more on " who's against it/what they tend to say when they're against it "...

• To be honest, I've never heard of it.

• The Baron said:
    To be honest, I've never heard of it.
    ...I'll admit , Baron , I decided to not give a basic 411 so that I wouldn't bog myself down/strain my perhaps-in-this-department somewhat limited " explaining " skills on that and figured maybe someone else would...
      Howevers , 4 basic basics , for mayor or district/city council , you list your top choice...and then a #2 , and then a #3...
      As a Waht Side You're On indicator , supporting i tends to be sort of a lefty/" progressive  " indicator...However , I can see " old-fashioned " Barry Goldwater/New Hampshire-style conservatives going for it...
This reply was deleted.