I've setup a DC Comics "My QuizUp Topic" at QuizUp.com.  

I'm trying to go pretty broad, however, I'm far from an encyclopedia and was wondering if anyone might like to help in coming up with some questions?  Basically, I'm trying to stick with questions about the characters (the heroes, their villains, supporting casts) and major or unique stories or trivia and avoid questions where the answers are about time frames, creators, secret identities, or issue numbers, (I do have questions about them, but I've pretty much got those covered).  Also, the answers need to be five words or less...

If you can help, please post the questions in this thread and message me with the answers.

The characters I could really use a hand on are: 

Adam Strange

Animal Man

The Atom

Batgirl (all of them)

Birds of Prey

Black Lightning

Blue Devil

Constantine

Doom Patrol

Dr. Fate

Elongated Man

Firestorm

Harley Quinn

Hitman

Huntress

Infinity Inc.

Jonah Hex

Lobo

Metal Men

The New Gods

Plastic Man

Power Girl

Red Tornado

Sgt. Rock

The Spectre

Starman

Suicide Squad

Supergirl

Swamp Thing

Teen Titans (Wolfman and Perez)

Teen Titans (not Wolfman and Perez)

Vertigo Comics

Warlord

Wildstorm Comics

Zatanna

I'm hoping to do 5 (or more) questions on each of these.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

So, anyone up for the challenge?

Views: 1313

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

When did we last meet Doreen?

How did Ronnie first meet his stepmother?

Which is Ronnie's connection to Roy Raymond, TV Detective?

Which Golden Age character is connected to Ronnie, and how did we learn that?

What is the secret of Doreen's sister and when did we learn it? 

When Firestorm moved to Pittsburg, we were introduced to a couple of new supporting characters connected to Professor Stein.  Who were they and what was done with them since?

Which future supervillain clashed with Firestorm while he was in Pittsburg, and why?

When did Ronnie and Professor Stein actually get to choose Firestorm's specific powers?  How and why? Which power or powers did they choose not to have, and why?

1) What was the name of the facility where Firestorm was born?

2) What sport did Ronnie excel in?

3) At what college did Professor Stein teach engineering physics?

4) What triggered the act of fusion into Firestorm?

5) How did Ronnie convince Professor Stein that they were Firestorm?

According to Fury of Firestorm Annual #3, what was the source of Firestorm’s energy?

What was the other identity of Lorraine Reilly?

With whom was Firestorm merged due to the events of Firestorm Annual #5? (Incidentally, the cover of Firestorm Annual #5 is worth comparing to that of Power Man and Iron Fist #104.)

Who was the first supervillain Firestorm ever fought, and did he run a chain of evil cinemas? (Or: what supervillain gained his powers from the same event that created Firestorm?)

Who was the first superhero Firestorm met? His name wasn't mentioned on the cover.

Whose psychic form did Martin Stein ectoplasmically beat up in Justice League of America #205?

Firestorm didn't appear in The Fury of Firestorm #42. What two superheroines guest-starred instead?

In what city was Firestorm originally based?

We're good for Firestorm questions... next up ADAM STRANGE.

What planet did Adam travel to?

How did Adam cross the stars?

What was the name of Adam's sweetheart?

What city did Adam live in in outer space?

Which continuity mistake was involved in Adam Strange being at one point considered for JLA membership, and which consequences did it have from a story perspective?

Which known relative of Adam teamed up with another DCU hero, and who was that other hero?  Why did Adam himself not participate in their joint adventure?

Which title or honor did Adam formally hold?

How often did Adam return to Earth, and why?  Why did he travel abroad so often while on Earth?

1) Which other sci-fi hero was created at the same time as Adam?

2) Who nominated Adam for JLA membership and why was it "strange"?

3) What Earth-based villain did Adam accidentally help create?

4) What cover cameo of Adam led to a future JLA story?

5) What hero did Adam bring to Rann to protect from a death prediction from the future that Adam himself brought?

After his Showcase try-out, in what title did Adam Strange's feature appear?

With what later member of the JLA did he briefly share the title?

In the early 80s Adam's was the back-up feature in what DC title? (According to the GCD the first instalment was "written (but not drawn) to be the back-up story in Star Hunters". That makes sense: Star Hunters was an SF title that was one of the DC Implosion's victims.)

What super-person was present at Adam's wedding in Justice League of America #121, but wasn't a member of the JLA? Hint: Adam had shared more than one adventure with this character.

In what issue did Adam drop Congorilla on Lois Lane? (And he didn't stick around to help!)

In the 70s, Adam would have died if he'd returned to Earth and done what? (Leaving aside DC Comics Presents #3.)

When did Adam last appear in Showcase?

Are you looking for fairly difficult questions or something a little more mainstream? I've been choosing to offer questions that don't require a lot of arcane knowledge to solve, but if you want tougher ones, I'll keep that in mind.

What opponent of Adam's later fought the JLA, and later still joined it?

What was Gardner F. Fox's last Adam Strange story?

Gil Kane pencilled the first ten of Adam's covers but only a single Adam Strange story. Where did it appear?

In what issue did Superman first travel to Adam's adopted world?

On Adam's adopted world, what does a woman give a man to seal an engagement?

Randy Jackson said:

Are you looking for fairly difficult questions or something a little more mainstream? I've been choosing to offer questions that don't require a lot of arcane knowledge to solve, but if you want tougher ones, I'll keep that in mind.

Whether we should stick with pre-Crisis lore is another issue, as it can make a difference with these characters. (I went a bit post-Crisis with Firestorm, but he went through more radical changes still later.) Adam acquired a daughter, his wife was dead for a while.

Randy Jackson said:

Mainstream is pretty much what I'm looking for.  Every time I've played to see how questions are running, the people I've played against haven't even managed to get 2 questions out of 7 right, (and this is at least 20 or 30 go arounds).  So I guess I'm looking for easy to middle range questions if you're familiar with the comics and characters.  I don't see the point to doing a quiz you can answer if you've just seen the movies or cartoons, but I want to make it so that if you've read a decent amount of comics, you should be able to get 4 or 5 out of 7 right... and if you get something wrong, maybe learn something about the characters.  So yeah, not too arcane, (but I make exceptions for interesting trivia or something that's unique to the character).

Luke Blanchard said:

Whether we should stick with pre-Crisis lore is another issue, as it can make a difference with these characters. (I went a bit post-Crisis with Firestorm, but he went through more radical changes still later.) Adam acquired a daughter, his wife was dead for a while.

If it's DC, it's fair game... Pre-Crisis, Post-Crisis, New 52....

If the information's changed, I try to specify the proper continuity in the question.

Don't forget, after you've posted questions, shoot me off a message with the answers.  

Also, if anyone wants to post harder questions on here, go ahead.  I probably won't be able to use them for my QuizUp quiz, (although it's surprising some of the stuff I've reworked), but we can use it for general trivia for the board, (and if anyone's feeling really ambitious, they could set up a harder trivia quiz on QuizUp).

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2021   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service