Season One, Episode One: "I, Robot"
Characters We Meet:
- Captain Murphy - Commander of Sealab, incompetent, petulant and self-absorbed, looks a bit like Race Bannon.
- Sparks - The radioman, never gets out of his chair. A white guy.
- Marco - Hispanic man, voiced by Erik Estrada.
- Debbie - Blonde white woman.
- Dr. Quinn - African-American man , a "one sane man" character. a super-genius.
- Stormy - Not very bright white guy.
- Hesh - Weird little white guy, some kind of underling. Refers to himself in the third person.
Story: A ship collides with Sealab, causing a dangerous hull breach. However, almost everyone is obsessed with a news story they about a monkey's brain beeing implanted in a robot body, beginning lengthy debate about whether they would want robot bodies and what the rules of having robot bodies would be. It is left to Quinn to repair the hull breach. He reveals to the others that he is already a cyborg, with a robot body of his own design. The episode ends with Sealab exploding.
Overall: A fun start. I'm a sucker for situations where people obsess about stupid stuff while serious things are going on all around them. I also like the distinctive voice of Harry Goz, the actor who performed the voice of Captain Murphy. For some reason, the way he says "Holy crap!" just kills me.