Alright this is for comics that are supposed to be coming out in September.

Before we begin I have some good news and bad news for DC. The bad news is that they picked a wrong time to reboot/relaunch their universe for me personally. I am moving at the end of this month and I am still working out my budget. I don't know exactly how all of my bills will workout got a while, so I am getting less of the new series than I initially wanted. It also impacted other comics I was thinking about as well.

The good news? I lied there is no good news.

I leave no page unturned. Let us begin:

1. Anyone getting the Halloween mini-comics? Sounds cool.

2. I love that cover to Conan: Road of Kings

3. I would love to get the Charles Vess art book. I looks really good.

4. Dagar the Invincible looks like a blonde Magnus to me.

5. Is Batman in both JLA and JLI? He is in the pics for both.

6. I wish Jock or Francesco Francavilla were on Batman, but with Scott Snyder writing I am on board.

7. I like Brian Azzarello and Cliff Chiang so I will be buying my first Wonder Woman comic(s?)

8. Oh hey look the Joker is in Detective Comics...

9. Is David Finch's Dark Knight comic the lowest numbered comic to get relaunched?

10. The Suicide Squad is just 3 people?

11. I see that Vertigo is collecting a lot of Bill Willingham's work. I have most of it already, and I wonder if he has enough fans who also don't have most, if not all of it, already to warrant this collection. A lot of good material though.

12. A Star Trek ongoing from IDW for those interested.

13. I am only getting 2 Vertigo ongoing series right now. The rest I tradewait.

14. I will be getting Jay Faerber's Near Death series. I am interested to see how he handles a crime comic.

15. Congrats to Witchblade for getting to issue 150! An excellent run in any era.

16. It is the Big Lie! Listed as $2.99 in the catalog and $3.99 in the order form. No idea if it is an ongoing, mini, or one-shot. Any could be possible. Without that info I am gonna have to pass.

17. Daredevil joins the Avengers? Normally you might get some nerdrage from me, but I ain't reading the series, so I can get myself to care.

18. I may get it later, but the Hulk vs. Dracula looks really cool.

19. I love it when Marvel solicits  a comic as "classified" it makes it so much easier to skip.

20. Wolverine looks like a teenager on the cover to Ultimate X-Men, which would be a fun twist to the series.

21. The Stand & Anita Blake are pushed to the back of Marvel's catalog. Significant?

22. Holy crap! Marvel is classifying their Hulk poster. The only thing you you want to know when buying a poster is what it looks like, but no dice here from Marvel. They want you to shell out 9 bucks for the damn thing.

23. Bluewater update: Black Eyed Peas, Justin Beiber, Lindsey Lohan, Mark Zuckerburg, Joe Biden, and Selena Gomez.

24. I always like seeing the Halloween costumes here.

25. Soylent Green Crackers!? I love it!

26. If you have $370 to blow on Deadpool statue then you have too much money.

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I don't read Previews, so I normally avoid these threads, but...

13. I don't read any Vertigo monthly. I think they always read better in trades. Even Scalped, which kills me to wait...

• 19. I love it when Marvel solicits  a comic as "classified" it makes it so much easier to skip.

Please e-mail that to Marvel. They don't tell us what it is, either.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

Check out the Secret Headquarters (my store) website! Comics and Games for Everyone!

I used to listen to WOXY.com; It was the future of rock-n-roll! RIP WOXY

• 20. Wolverine looks like a teenager on the cover to Ultimate X-Men, which would be a fun twist to the series.

Considering (Ultimate) Wolverine is dead, that's probably his son. Whose name is not Daken.

Diamond's site is down right now. I'll get you the correct price for Big Lie tomorrow sometime.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

Check out the Secret Headquarters (my store) website! Comics and Games for Everyone!

• 2. I love that cover to Conan: Road of Kings

I like it too.

• 5. Is Batman in both JLA and JLI? He is in the pics for both.

I was under that impression but with Spider-Man and Wolverine in a half dozen books each at Marvel, I never gave this a second thought to be honest.

10. The Suicide Squad is just 3 people?

I came up with 2 possibilities, the Squad just came back and this is all that remains or b) This is just the core of the new team.

17. Daredevil joins the Avengers?

Let me make an appointment to care

19. I love it when Marvel solicits  a comic as "classified" it makes it so much easier to skip.

22. Holy crap! Marvel is classifying their Hulk poster. The only thing you you want to know when buying a poster is what it looks like, but no dice here from Marvel. They want you to shell out 9 bucks for the damn thing.

I know. I don't want to commit to buying something on the idea that Marvel thinks it will be the next big thing and then find out the story climax was a big steaming pile but because I am getting my stuff basically as a subscription service (it is a small LCS) I am stuck with it.

I will be giving my list to my local store next week as I figure he is going to have a lot of work organizing the pull list lists for everyone with the changes to DC so the sooner he gets my list, I figure the more time he will have to get things organized.

The things I am looking forward to are the Justice League of America Archives Volume 10, although their selling power now that the stories have been released in Showcase Presents form worries me. And I am looking forward to the Derrick Storm "adaptation" as a fan of Castle.
  • Dagar the Invincible looks like a blonde Magnus to me.

Dagar completes the “trilogy” of Don Glut-written titles in which he, against his editor’s wishes, attempted to create a cohesive Gold Key universe, with a past (Dagar), present (Dr. Spektor) and future (Mighty Samson).

Is Batman in both JLA and JLI? He is in the pics for both.

Why not? He’s the Wolverine of the DCU (or “DcnU” if you prefer).

A Star Trek ongoing from IDW for those interested.

Yeah, but it’s the “nU” crew, and if Paramount ever makes another movie, you can bet the comic book continuity is going straight out the window. Then again, publishers have been tying comic book prequels closely to the movies themselves, so who knows? We shall see. (Well, I won’t, but...)

Daredevil joins the Avengers?

After Wolverine and Spider-Man nothing surprises me.

Holy crap! Marvel is classifying their Hulk poster. The only thing you want to know when buying a poster is what it looks like...

...or in this case, what color he’ll be next.

Now for MY thoughts...

First of all, I’m both pleased and surprised to see that Marvel will be offering a third volume of Nick Fury, Agent of SHIELD Masterworks, capping off the character’s Silver Age run. I half expected them to stop after the Steranko stuff, but I’m glad they didn’t.

A third volume of Archie Comic Book Archives is cool, but is Dark Horse going to release a second volume of comic strips?

Another volume of JLA Archives (#10) is cool, too.

Flash Gordon and Jungle Jim: How many times can Flash Gordon be collected? This one’s pricey, but the inclusion of the Jungle Jim toppers tipped the scale.

Conspiracy on the Planet of the Apes: I don’t know what the availability of this prose novel (set during the 1968 movie but following the story of Taylor’s fellow astronaut Landon) in traditional bookstores will be, so I preordered this one through mu LCS.

Floyd Gottfredson’s Mickey Mouse Dailies Vol. 2!

Pogo: Here’s another one, like Flash Gordon, which I already have (11 Fantagraphics volumes collecting 1948-1954 dailies, anyway). What tips the scales in favor of the new collection, though, is that it includes Sundays.

A third volume of Gold Key Dark Shadows comic books. Cheesy!

A third volume of Phantom comic books (renumbered as Charlton Vol. 1).

Holy Terror: What’s that? I’m drawing a blank. Anyway, whatever it is, I preordered it.

A collection of Simon & Kirby crime comics!

A hardcover reprint of DC’s The Bible treasury edition from the ‘70s. I re-read this one not too long ago, when R. Crumb’s adaptation of Genesis was released, and I thought then how nice it would be to have a nice reprint of DC’s The Bible to shelve next to it.

I don’t often buy comic-related jewelry (well, sometimes), but that all silver GL ring looks cool enough that an adult wouldn’t feel embarrassed to wear it in public.

I’m unfamiliar with Pood (it sounds to me like an indie version of Wednesday Comics), but the addition of Joe Staton’s E-Man in issue 34 makes it worth a look to me.
  • Snicker!

Jeff of Earth-J said:

I’m unfamiliar with Pood...
  • I always order the Halloween packs of comics to give out for treats.  I used to haunt the 25-cent boxes all year to collect enough, now the comic companies do it for me.  Nice!

The Star Trek comic from IDW is being co-written by the screenwriters...so, there's that.

• Holy Terror: What’s that? I’m drawing a blank. Anyway, whatever it is, I preordered it.

Oh, that's Frank Miller's latest project. Duh.

I also liked that illustration of "Founding Fathers: Comics' Elder Statesmen" carved onto Mt. Rushmore. (I laminated mine to use as a bookmark.) We had a discussion of that on the old board, but we limited ourselves to four. The ones in Previews are Steve Ditko, William Gaines, Jack Kirby, Harvey Kurtzman and Stan Lee.
  • If anyone is interested, tonight I'll be doing my third monthly live-tweeting of me placing my monthly order from Previews. It'll start at about 8:00 and go until 11:58. (The order is due at midnight.)

If you want to follow along, you need a Twitter account and follow me under the name SHQtallahassee.

Comments by followers are welcome and appreciated! I've actually adjusted orders based on some of the live feedback I've gotten in the past.

This reply was deleted.