Beer!

I can't believe we've gone this long without starting a beer thread. I enjoyed the one on the old board and actually tried some of the beverages that were liked by others. I've discovered that I really like Sam Adams Oktoberfest. I've never enjoyed the Boston Lager but this Oktoberfest is good stuff. I also finally tried Yeungling Black & Tan. Also very good.

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I just finished off a Leinenkugel Oktoberfest. Pretty good stuff.
  • I didn't realize Lienenkugel had and Oktoberfest. I need to lookout for that one.
  • Two words: Trader Joe's. If there's one near you, you need to check out their beer selection. They have all sorts of microbrewery product for a dollar (or slightly more) a bottle. And you can mix and match, so it's easy to sample a wide variety. I haven't tried anything I didn't like.
  • I've done the mix-and-match at World Market, but the one nearest us has closed. I think the nearest now is about 200 miles away.
  • I like the mix'n'match sampler idea. I've got a World Market really close, and there's Trader Joe's's's's's in the area. The trouble is, I usually only drink beer when I'm eating out. Whenever I buy beer, it just sits in the fridge forever.
  • We don't have a Trader Joe's here. But most of the liquor stores and World Market have the mix and match option. Most of the bottles are kind of expensive though.

I have noticed that in the past year that liqour stores and even super markets have been carrying more micro brew options. The grocery store doesn't have everything but they have some of the more popular specialty brews like Sweetwater, Kona, and Redhook. The big breweries are are putting out their own concotions to compete, imo, with the smaller breweries. For instance Bud just released the Bud Light Golden Wheat to cash in on the wheat beer fad. Plus a lot of people I talk to are trying some of the specialty stuff as opposed to Bud and MIller.
  • Fat Tire.
  • I actually did a variety pack of beer today, it was the first time I haven't done it in literally years, since the last time I got a Six Pack of Suck. I put a few beers in there this time I know I like though.

Mickey: Fat Tire is very good beer. It was one of those beer that I had an infatuation with, and drank a ton of it for a while.
  • "Six Pack of Suck" sounds like the worst Spider-Man mini-series ever.
  • I have yet to try Fat Tire. I've heard from many friends that it's a good brew.
This reply was deleted.