A Cover a Day

Ok, how about this for an idea.  We take it in turns to post a favourite (British spelling) comic cover every day.  This went really well on the comic fan website that I used to frequent.  What we tried to do was find a theme or subject and follow that, until we all got bored with that theme.  I'd like to propose a theme of letters of the alphabet. So, for the remainder of October (only 5 days) and all of November, we post comic cover pictures associated with the letter "A".  Then in December, we post covers pertaining to the letter "B".  The association to the letter can be as tenuous as you want it to be. For example I could post a cover from "Adventure Comics" or "Amazing Spider Man".  However Spider Man covers can also be posted when we're on the letter "S".  Adventure Comic covers could also be posted when we're on the letter "L" if they depict the Legion of Super Heroes.  So, no real hard, fast rules - in fact the cleverer the interpretation of the letter, the better, as far as I'm concerned.

And it's not written in stone that we have to post a cover every day. There may be some days when no cover gets posted. There's nothing wrong with this, it just demonstrates that we all have lives to lead.

If everyone's in agreement I'd like to kick this off with one of my favourite Action Comic covers, from January 1967. Curt Swan really excelled himself here.

Discussion and voting on future monthly themes takes place on the "A Cover A Day: Nominations, Themes and Statistics" thread.  Click here to view the thread, or here to go to its last reply.

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Those scales appear to be hanging from the logo. And while it's more of a doppelgänger cover than a Dynamic Duo, I'm calling it my crossover to next month. Plus, Baby Huey.

9971319061?profile=RESIZE_710xBuffy and Willow team up with Faith on another "t-shirt logo" cover:

9971321092?profile=RESIZE_710x

• Jeff of Earth-J said:

This is the last of these...

99298577136.40.jpg?profile=RESIZE_710x

I've found two more of DC's February 2002 covers that don't appear to have been posted yet this month.

9971548463?profile=RESIZE_710x

9971548661?profile=RESIZE_710x

• To end the month, and end the year, the issue that ended the original (1960-1980) run of Justice League of America.

9971554487?profile=RESIZE_710x

• "I've found two more of DC's February 2002 covers that don't appear to have been posted yet this month."

Huh. Right you are! (How did I miss those?) 

• An unsettling way to end the year but it's been an unsettling year!

9971770288?profile=RESIZE_710x

• Below is the cover I saved especially for New Year's Eve.

While Jade looks like she is behind the logo and accidentally pushing it forward a bit, this might also be considered an interactive cover, with the lady blowing the reader(s) a kiss.

I certainly hope she and everyone else is ready to kiss 2021 goodbye. Considering how this year turned out compared to last year, the cover blurb is certainly appropriate

2021 has been fun in this thread and surreal in life for me so far. Hopefully next year will be MUCH better.

I'd say it can't get any worse, but don't want to be proven wrong.

In any event, just before midnight, don't forget to raise your left leg. That way you can start 2022 off on the right foot!

Take care.

(Image courtesy of a friend via Facebook.)

9971823890?profile=RESIZE_710x

• My last three. As many times as the X-Men titles played with their logos, I'm amazed that these three weren't posted.

9971927672?profile=RESIZE_710x

9971927493?profile=RESIZE_710x

9971928063?profile=RESIZE_710x

• Time for transitions.  I have three covers with the “Dynamic Duo,” although if I understand correctly we’re supposed to avoid this specific duo next month.

Smashing through some comic book covers

9972211464?profile=RESIZE_710x

Smashing through a comic book title and stepping over to another comic book title (a new and very specific category)

9972212093?profile=RESIZE_710xI started the month with Secret Six #1 with a scene of a car crashing through a billboard and here is the Dynamic Duo smashing through a billboard

9972212892?profile=RESIZE_710x

• Happy New Year!

9972673274?profile=RESIZE_710x(not her usual Dynamic Duo!)

• January 2022 - Dynamic Duos.

This reply was deleted.