A Cover a Day

Ok, how about this for an idea.  We take it in turns to post a favourite (British spelling) comic cover every day.  This went really well on the comic fan website that I used to frequent.  What we tried to do was find a theme or subject and follow that, until we all got bored with that theme.  I'd like to propose a theme of letters of the alphabet. So, for the remainder of October (only 5 days) and all of November, we post comic cover pictures associated with the letter "A".  Then in December, we post covers pertaining to the letter "B".  The association to the letter can be as tenuous as you want it to be. For example I could post a cover from "Adventure Comics" or "Amazing Spider Man".  However Spider Man covers can also be posted when we're on the letter "S".  Adventure Comic covers could also be posted when we're on the letter "L" if they depict the Legion of Super Heroes.  So, no real hard, fast rules - in fact the cleverer the interpretation of the letter, the better, as far as I'm concerned.

And it's not written in stone that we have to post a cover every day. There may be some days when no cover gets posted. There's nothing wrong with this, it just demonstrates that we all have lives to lead.

If everyone's in agreement I'd like to kick this off with one of my favourite Action Comic covers, from January 1967. Curt Swan really excelled himself here.

Discussion and voting on future monthly themes takes place on the "A Cover A Day: Nominations, Themes and Statistics" thread.  Click here to view the thread, or here to go to its last reply.

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

•  St. John's Mighty Mouse #40 (1953)

12212110262?profile=RESIZE_584x

• Hope this one wasn't already used! 

12212171255?profile=RESIZE_400x

• Here's a Wonder Woman that hasn't been posted yet

12212182901?profile=RESIZE_400x

I'm surprised that no one has posted this one

12212183274?profile=RESIZE_400x

I tinker in a minor way with the HTML to display 400-width covers at 600-width. Posting covers side-by-side doesn't seem meaningful. The page count won't change.

• 12212267894?profile=RESIZE_400x

• A Gold Key Lone Ranger. Apparently, a Silver horse can keep pace with a gold train.12212276053?profile=RESIZE_400x

• A gold train from a later historical period.

12212303498?profile=RESIZE_584x

"I tinker in a minor way with the HTML to display 400-width covers at 600-width."

It's also possible to change the width in the visual editor, without touching the HTML directly.  Clicking on the image gives options "Edit", "Rotate" and "Delete".  Under "Edit" you can change the Width, and various other attributes of the picture.

"Posting covers side-by-side doesn't seem meaningful. The page count won't change."

It's just a personal preference, at least in part because I use a computer, not a phone.  When I'm posting a couple of related covers, I like to see them side-by-side on the same screen, without having to scroll down.  No reason at all for others to do the same.

• Even Wild Bill Taggart takes the train... and the Two-Gun Kid is gonna punch his ticket!

676519.jpg

• Fawcett's Funny Animals #67 (1950) along with Charlton's reprint, Funny Animals #91 (1956). After the demise of Fawcett, Charlton acquired some of Fawcett's books and properties. Trying out Peter's side-by-side format!laughing 12212387874?profile=RESIZE_584x

12212387859?profile=RESIZE_584x

• Lost 2 covers today, which now puts me a cover short of finishing the month; so here's the reprint cover to a previously posted issue I originally wasn't planning to use, courtesy of the Grand Comics Database.

12212421490?profile=RESIZE_400x

• I've just finished counting up the votes cast for future themes.  See the results here.

These votes will decide the covers we'll be posting around Halloween, a time of the year when ghostly sights like this might be expected.

12212424053?profile=RESIZE_584x

A Cover A Day: Nominations, Themes and Statistics
    This thread is a companion to the "A Cover A Day" discussion.  Click here to visit that discussion or here to view the last reply.  It is intended fo…
This reply was deleted.