Replies

• Is half of your brain in another dimension?

It has often felt that way, but no, the photo was taken on a bright winter day, and that effect just happened.

• Tracy bought some cat treats the other day: tuna flavored with pumpkin. That doesn't even sound appatizing to me, but apparently cats love pumpkin. (I know they love tuna.) Out cat just devours these new treats. Maybe she's just being trendy (although this isn't pumpkin spice, it's actual pumpkin).

• I once had a cat who loved watermelon. He would lick the rind like crazy.

• There's a video online showing a cat licking and biting at watermelon rind, and then he shifts to the red part and bites off a piece, and it appears he has a realization that the red part tastes better. I'll see if I can find a link.

• It's in the eyes.

• Cats are carnivores, and apparently it can be bad for them to eat too much fruit. The page Google found for me, "What Human Food Can Cats Eat?", article by Sandra C. Mitchell, says watermelon is high in sugar for them so they should only get small servings ("a 1/2-inch cube once or twice per week"), and the seeds and rind should be removed, I take it for digestion reasons.

• My cat only licked the remaining juice on the rind.

As for tuna, tuna in cat food has an enzyme added to enable a cat to digest it. Feeding a cat tuna intended for humans, which lacks this enzyme, is not recommended.

• Pertwee Era Doctor Who is older than the Buster Crabbe Flash Gordon sertials were when I first saw them circa.1970.

• John Lennon has been dead for longer than he was alive.

This reply was deleted.