Replies

• I am in Alabama. Again.

• I went to Target today and they finally had a couple of new DC Multiverse figures: a Cassandra Cain Batgirl and the Injustice Society's The Rival (a repainted Jay Garrick). But when I went up to pay for them, I was told that they shouldn't have been put out and can't be sold until Sunday! 

Neither figure is a must-have for me but if I never see them again (which is very likely), it will always bother me as I had them in my hands!

• Neither figure is a must-have for me but if I never see them again (which is very likely), it will always bother me as I had them in my hands!

I know this feeling! Decades ago, I was visiting my sister in Tallahassee, and saw a Doctor Fate action figure. I had never before seen a Doctor Fate action figure. I didn't have the money to buy it, but figured I would see it when I got home (and got paid again). I did not. It was probably 30 years before I saw one available online, and at considerable markup. I finally got it, just to scratch that itch.

Also, I am not in Alabama any more. 

• Depression Era  Little Orphan Annie got pretty wild:
    12448780857?profile=RESIZE_710x

• That's why I didn't like the Annie musical. She was just a victim.

• Tracy's favorite scene from the comic strip is from a time when Annie was selling newspapers on a streetcorner and had to fight off the other newsboys for the best spot. Her weapon of choice was a horseshoe tied to the end of a short piece of rope which she would swing around her head. "This is my corner, see? If ya don't believe me, step right up and I'll play ya another little tune on my piccolo!"

• Videos of Penguicon and Free Comic Book Days: both events persevere in the post-pandemic, but they have yet to regain their past size. A related blog post is forthcoming. Meanwhile, enjoy some videos:

This reply was deleted.