"'Cause they taped it on only one day..." - NBC's The Sound of Music

...The NBC-TV remake of Rogers & Hammerstein's THE SOUND OF MUSIC as a " live play " production's airing is about one month in the past now , and I meant to post about it here before that ! But I didn't...

With 18 million viewers IIRC , it certainly qualified as " a hit " . NBC even repeated it a week-and-a-halfish later .

I saw it both times:-) .

It was meant to be a " TV play/live production " in the mode of the PLAYHOUSE 90/BELL TELEPHONE HOURs of yore , NBC claiming " For the first time in fifty years..." . I , myself , on the West Coast of the continguous 48 states of the USA (California) saw it as an immediate taped repeat , anyway , being 3 time zones to the west of the Eastern Time Zone , where it would have indeed shown live ~ along with the Central Time Zone .

The Mountain Time Zone , especially for such a " holiday special " as this , I am not so sure about . Anyone ?????

Has it shown outside of the U.S,. yet ~ I know we have Australian and Canadian residents here , others ???

Views: 2883

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Another actor drops out: Andrea McArdle, the original Annie from the original Broadway production, was supposed to cameo as Eleanor Roosevelt, but her father has taken ill: "Andrea McArdle, Broadway's Original Annie, Steps Down from Role in Annie Live!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

Richard Willis replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
1 hour ago
Luis Olavo de Moura Dantas replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Swamp Thing
"Jim Steranko comments on that in the first volume of his excellent History of Comics.  When…"
1 hour ago
Richard Willis replied to PowerBook Pete, the Mad Mod's discussion Anything, Everything, or Nothing At All
"From Den of Geek: Blade Runner Became a Sci-fi Classic by Being a Terrible Philip K. Dick…"
4 hours ago
ClarkKent_DC replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Swamp Thing
"The state of New Jersey legally forbids people from pumping their own gas. Oregon did up until…"
5 hours ago
Captain Comics replied to Wandering Sensei: Moderator Man's discussion What Comic Books Have You Read Today?
"New Comic Book Day for me as a lad was Monday. That’s when the distributor dropped off the…"
5 hours ago
Richard Willis replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion All in Color for a Dime
"We all have not-so-good days."
5 hours ago
Lee Houston, Junior replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Based upon Richard Willis' kind offer above, while the two covers from George Perez's…"
5 hours ago
Richard Willis replied to Wandering Sensei: Moderator Man's discussion What Comic Books Have You Read Today?
"SHAM COMICS V2 #3: My favorite story of the issue is "It Happens Every Wednesday"…"
6 hours ago
Captain Comics replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion All in Color for a Dime
"Clearly, senility has set in. Got a Blazing Saddles reference wrong, too."
6 hours ago
Richard Willis replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Swamp Thing
"Jeff of Earth-J said: It's an implausible situation (especially a full-service gas station in…"
6 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Swamp Thing
"I have observed that phenomenon twice, both in Timely comics from the '40s which I read on…"
7 hours ago
ClarkKent_DC replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Swamp Thing
"From what I've read, the fear/concern/risk to be avoided was that the ink on the cheap…"
7 hours ago

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service