TOP 10 PUBLISHERS

NO. 1: DC COMICS

NEW TITANS #38

31167877463?profile=RESIZE_710xA New Mission. A Rising Threat. A Hero Whose Spark Changes Everything.

Static takes on a pivotal role in the next chapter of DC’s New Titans comic book series when issue #38 arrives this August, marking Virgil Hawkins’s first major DC Universe storyline following his reemergence in DC K.O.: The Kids Are All Fight Special and the conclusion of New History of the DC Universe: The Dakota Incident. As the Titans face a looming crisis in the Amazon rainforests, Static becomes a key force in the story that will carry the series through the end of the year.

New Titans #38 follows Static as his path intersects with that of Jon Kent, a.k.a. Superman, at Mount Titans, just as an emissary from Wonder Girl’s tribe arrives seeking Yara Flor’s help against a rising force in the Amazon rainforests of Brazil. As the Titans prepare for their first major mission, Static steps into a team grappling with internal tensions and a threat powerful enough to challenge even their combined abilities.

With a new crisis rising in the Amazon and the Titans pushed to their limits, Static’s arrival marks the spark that will drive the team into its most challenging mission yet. His return sets the stage for a high-stakes arc that reshapes the Titans’ path and reintroduces one of DC’s most electrifying heroes to the center of the action.

New Titans #38 is written by Tate Brombal with art by Sami Basri, featuring a main cover by Taurin Clarke and variant covers by Dike Ruan and Lucas Meyer, along with a foil variant by Dike Ruan. 

Milestone Universe returns! To quote Khan Noonien-Singh, "Not so wounded as we were led to believe!" Static joins the Titans, which mainstreams Dakota more than it's ever been before. (Unless you count the cartoon.)

It's been a minute since I read Titans. I recognize most of the ones above, but I'm not familiar with all of them. I recognize Red Devil from some Crisis or other, but don't know much about him. I thought the girl in purple was Spoiler, but Wiki says Stephanie Brown is going by Batgirl now. (Are there three Batgirls and a Batwoman now?) Conner "Superboy" Kent is in the air, rather than Jon Kent, who goes by Superman anyway. I thought Terra was dead, but this is comics, so she could be back in any number of ways. Maybe it's Terra's twin sister, kidnapped by Badhnisians when she was a baby. There, done. What I don't know is anything about the girl dressed in old-fashioned clothes, also flying. So I looked her up. She's a new addition (four issues) named Eva, who is an android made up of nanites. Why she chooses to look like 1950s high school student I have no idea. As is standard these days, her origin is a mystery that will undoubtedly play out for a year or more.

31167916271?profile=RESIZE_192X31167906467?profile=RESIZE_192X31167877471?profile=RESIZE_192X

 ***

BATMAN/SUPERMAN: WORLD’S FINEST #54

31221202481?profile=RESIZE_192X(W) Mark Waid (A) Bruno Frenda (CA) Dan Mora

PLAY BALL! Superman, Batman, and their fellow Justice Leaguers are forced to compete in Hell for the souls of all humanity — in the wildest baseball game of all time! Billions of lives depend on an impossible victory against a team of the vilest, most gruesome demons in the entire underworld!

The only writer I would trust to pull this off is Mark Waid.

31221202657?profile=RESIZE_192X31221202875?profile=RESIZE_192X31221201900?profile=RESIZE_192X 

***

LIMITED COLLECTORS’ EDITION #25 FACSIMILE EDITION

31221203261?profile=RESIZE_710x(W) Various (A) Various (CA) Neal Adams

SIX CLASSIC CAPERS! Written by Bill Finger, Don C. Cameron, John Broome, Mike Friedrich and Denny O'Neil

Art by Bob Kane, Jerry Robinson, Dick Sprang, Carmine Infantino, Neal Adams, Irv Novick and Dick Giordano Six astounding tales of crime and the Caped Crusader brought to you by a veritable murderers' row of talent! Witness the return of the Clown Prince of Crime in The Case of the Joker's Crime Circus! Learn the secret that Batman and Robin vow never to reveal in The Case Batman Failed to Solve! Thrill as the Dark Knight duels to the death battling a would-be Enemy Ace in Ghost of the Killer Skies! All this and more from some of the best in the Batbiz!

I remember the excitement when I bought this the first time. I wish I could buy it for the first time again! I don't care how old you are, that Neal Adams shot of Batman running full tilt toward the reader is exciting.

As an aside, we've discussed before that the cover image was lifted from Batman #244, where Batman is running along a beach after a duel with Ra's al Ghul — without his utility belt! (And he's facing the other way.) DC used this image again and again, and like here, the utility belt is always added by some unknown production artist. Also, on this cover a city has sprouted up in the background, looking very Carmine Infantino-esque.

***

ABSOLUTE

ABSOLUTE FLASH #18

ABSOLUTE GREEN ARROW #4 (OF 6): Absolute Solomon Grundy debuts.

***

'KINGDDOM OF ZOD'

SUPERMAN UNLIMITED #16

31221203870?profile=RESIZE_192X(W) Dan Slott (A) Rachael Stott (CA) Guillem March

KINGDOM OF ZOD: PART THREE! THE KRYPTONITE KINGDOM GROWS! Zod reveals the secrets of his Kryptonite Kingdom. His powers are back. His empire grows, but it's not enough. He demands more. No matter the cost. Tomorrow Man, Steel, Natasha Irons, and Lana Lang work together to develop a cure for the Kryptonite infection that spreads across the world!

A third title joins the "Kingdom of Zod" crossover. It seems like some of y'all are enjoying it. Maybe I'll get it in trade.

 31221203885?profile=RESIZE_192X31221204085?profile=RESIZE_192X31221204253?profile=RESIZE_192X

***

'MATRIARCH WAR'

WONDER WOMAN #36

31221205281?profile=RESIZE_192X(W) Stephanie Williams (A) Clayton Henry (CA) Jeff Spokes

CHAMPION OF THE AMAZONS! The tale of Diana's origin continues as she enters the Contest, where only one Amazon emerges victorious and is granted passage to Man's World as Wonder Woman. The fate of Themyscira hangs in the balance as their princess finds herself at a crossroads, much like her own daughter, as she prepares to take down the Matriarch once and for all.

I'm still catching up on "Matriarch War," but so far it's met my (very high) expectations. 

31221205252?profile=RESIZE_192X31221205079?profile=RESIZE_192X31221205097?profile=RESIZE_192X

 

***

VERTIGO

END OF LIFE #7

***

MORE DC

BATWOMAN #6

CATWOMAN #90

DARK KNIGHTS OF STEEL II #2 (OF 12)

DEATHSTROKE THE TERMINATOR #6

LOBO #6

MAD MAGAZINE #601

NIGHTWING #141

***

COLLECTIONS

100 BULLETS BOOK 5 TP

BATMAN & SON TP (DC COMPACT COMICS EDITION)

BATMAN/SUPERMAN: WORLD’S FINEST VOL 9 — THE MERGER HC

DC FINEST: EVENTS — CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS PART 2 TP: I know there are plenty of Legionnaires excited about this, and more power to you. For my part, I have Crisis on Infinite Earths in too many formats already. I don't need to get new ones; I need to unload some of the ones I have.

GREEN LANTERN CORPS VOL 2: NEW WORLD ORDER TP

GREEN LANTERN CORPS: RECHARGE TP 

HARLEY AND IVY: LIFE AND CRIMES TP

JUSTICE LEAGUE UNLIMITED VOL 3: DC K.O. TP

***

NO. 2: MARVEL COMICS

THOR #800

31221207067?profile=RESIZE_192XWriter: Christopher CondonAl EwingKieron Gillen
Penciller: Pasqual FerryJesse LonerganDeclan Shalvey

AN ASGARDIAN MILESTONE: THOR #800!

  • The Serpent has trapped Sigurd Jarlson in the worst of all possible worlds for his greatest trial.
  • Now, without even a weapon in his hand, he must prove himself worthy to enter the Realms of the Gods.
  • Somewhere in the city, a man without even a hammer begins the ultimate quest ... the quest for Thor!

Plus: Bonus stories, including a thrilling new tale by Chris Condon (Ultimate Wolverine) & Jesse Lonergan (Drome)!

I wish I could get more excited about this series, but Thor has gone through mortal phases before, and it always ends the same way, with Asgard and the Lee/Kirby status quo resurrected. I like that status quo, so I'm not putting it down. I just want them to get there quicker. I'm not much of a fan of Thor Lite.

Meanwhile, Jeff of Earth-J did the yeoman work last week of figuring out the Marvel Math to get us to Thor #800:

  • Journey into Mystery #1-125
  • Thor #126-502
  • Thor (1998) #1-85 [#503-587]
  • Thor (2007) #1-12 [#586-599]
  • Thor (2007) #600-621
  • The Mighty Thor (2011) #1-22 [#622-643]
  • Thor:  God of Thunder (2012) #1-25 [#644-668]
  • Thor (2014) #1-8 [#669-676]
  • The Mighty Thor (2015) #1-23 [#677-699]
  • Thor (2017) #700-706
  • Thor (2018) #1-16 [#707-722]
  • Thor (2020) #1-35 [#723-757]
  • Jane Foster & the Mighty Thor (2022) #1-5 [#758-762]
  • Immortal  Thor (2023) #1-25 [#763-787]
  • The Mortal Thor (2025) #1-12 [788-799]
  • The Mortal Thor (2026) #800

I'm curious why Journey into Mystery #503-513 (Lost Gods) and Journey into Mystery #622-655 (Fear Itself, Loki, Sif) are excluded, while Journey Into Mystery #1-82, which had nothing to do with Thor or Asgard, are included. The later JIM issues don't star Thor (although he's in some of them), but there weren't any competing Thor titles during their runs. They were carrying the flag. And I see no sign of Unworthy Thor, which definitely starred the Odinson. If it were up to me, I'd include everything Thor-adjacent -- including post-Thor Journey into Mystery, annuals, specials, one-shots and miniseries -- to get the needed 82 issues, before turning to pre-Thor suspense issues from the 1950s. But Marvel doth what it will. 

Thanks, Jeff! 

SEE VARIANT COVERS

31221892689?profile=RESIZE_192X31221893077?profile=RESIZE_192X31221892875?profile=RESIZE_192X31221893274?profile=RESIZE_192X31221893462?profile=RESIZE_192X31221893859?profile=RESIZE_192X

***

AVENGERS: ARMAGEDDON #3

31221207299?profile=RESIZE_192XWriter: Chip Zdarsky
Penciller: Frank AlpizarArio AninditoDelio Diaz Cespedes
Cover Artist: Dike Ruan

CIVILIANS RIOT, VILLAINS RISE AND HEROES FALL! The entire globe is thrown into chaos as the Armageddon rages on!!! With the rest of the world turning against the Avengers, what will they choose? Stand down or fight against Red Hulk, even as he seems more and more unbeatable? And when an unstable new power takes center stage ... the Avengers — and the world — will need all the help they can get! Wolverine sends out the call: AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!

Another story where we know the ending, without knowing the particulars of how we get there. So I'm tradewaiting those details.

SEE VARIANT COVERS.

31221888656?profile=RESIZE_192X31221888466?profile=RESIZE_192X31221888677?profile=RESIZE_192X31221888687?profile=RESIZE_192X

***

SPIDER-MAN/HULK: FIRE AND BRIMSTONE #1 (OF 5)

31147811100?profile=RESIZE_192XWritten by KEVIN SMITH & ANDY McELFRESH
Art and Cover by R.B. SILVA

What do you get when you combine two of Marvel’s most popular characters with an all-star creative team and let them run wild together? Answer: One hell of a time! Spider-Man and the Hulk have had plenty of run-ins in the past, but when the writing team of Kevin Smith (Clerks, Jay & Silent Bob) and Andy McElfresh (The Tonight Show) and artist R.B. Silva (One World Under Doom) bring them together this August, they’ll run up against a trial that puts their faith to the test: the exorcism of Bruce Banner.

This ultra-accessible and pun-filled five-issue limited series begins when Easter Mass in Central Park is interrupted by Mole Man and a horde of Man-themed supervillains. Not one to let a pun go to waste (or a holiday be ruined) Peter Parker suits up and steps in to save the day … before the Incredible Hulk makes his presence felt as only the Jade Giant can. Together with Matt Murdock, Spidey learns that Bruce Banner is intent on solving his “Hulk” problem once and for all with the help of the church. Namely, through an exorcism of his big green counterpart!

“I’ve played with Peter Parker and swung with Spider-Man before, but this is the first time I’m having Hulk issues,” explains Smith. “Andy and I are dropping two of Marvel’s most well-known scientists into a spiritual story of Biblical proportions as we exorcise the Incredible Hulk — and I’m not talking cross-fit!”

THWIP-SMASH!

Legendary writers Kevin Smith and Andy McElfresh team up with superstar artist R.B. Silva for the newest high-octane adventure for Spider-Man and Hulk! It’s nonstop action! Side-splitting quips! And … the exorcism of Bruce Banner?!

I've always thought of Kevin Smith as "one of us," and therefore wanted to support his efforts. But I have to say they're not always to my taste. I suspect this won't be, either. And, as has been established a zillion times, no Hulk "cure" will ever work, so we know how it ends. But now that I've seen Spider-Man: Brand New Day, I understand why this miniseries is happening.

SEE VARIANT COVERS

31221901689?profile=RESIZE_192X31221902063?profile=RESIZE_192X31221902461?profile=RESIZE_192X31221902475?profile=RESIZE_192X31221902277?profile=RESIZE_192X

31147811463?profile=RESIZE_710x

31147811265?profile=RESIZE_192X31147811671?profile=RESIZE_192X

***

20TH CENTURY

ALIEN: KING KILLER #5

STAR WARS: GALAXY'S EDGE — ECHOES OF THE EMPIRE (2026) #5

***

QUEEN IN BLACK

QUEEN IN BLACK #3

QUEEN IN BLACK: DEFENDERS OF LIGHT AND DARK #2

***

ULTIMATE

ULTIMATE IMPACT: REBORN #4: Ultimate Universe: "I'm not dead yet! I think I'll go for a walk!"

***

MORE MARVEL

BISHOP #3

CAPTAIN MARVEL: DARK PAST #5

DAREDEVIL #5

INGLORIOUS X-FORCE #8

PUNISHER VS. SPIDER-MAN #2: Once again, Spider-Man: Brand New Day explains why this title exists.

SILVER SURFER #6 FACSIMILE EDITION #6

SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN: BRAND NEW DAY #4 

UNCANNY X-MEN #34

WHAT IF …? RUNAWAYS #1: "WHAT IF ... THE RUNAWAYS HADN'T RUN AWAY?" I still wouldn't read it.

***

COLLECTIONS

AVENGERS: TIME RUNS OUT TP (MARVEL PREMIER COLLECTION)

SECRET WARS TP (MARVEL PREMIER COLLECTION)

SPIDER-GIRL: MODERN ERA EPIC COLLECTION —  COMES THE CARNAGE! TP

***

NO. 3: IMAGE COMICS

IF DESTRUCTION BE OUR LOT #4

31221907261?profile=RESIZE_192X31221907287?profile=RESIZE_192X(W) Matthew Rosenberg, Mark Elijah Rosenberg (A/CA) Andy MacDonald, Francesco Segala

END OF STORY ARC Abe can't stop seeing her everywhere he looks. Electricity addiction really is no laughing matter. Can he kick the habit before he gets junked? Maybe a trip outside the walls will help Abe clear his circuits...or just clog his gears to a standstill. The breakout hit of the summer is about to enter a whole new world.

I reviewed the first issue, and those first impressions still hold true. It's vaguely amusing to see an animatromic Abraham Lincoln in a future where humans are believed to be extinct, quoting himself and giving the Lyceum address to other robots who despise him. "Lincoln" sees an actual human being and becomes obsessed with her.

Evidently the existence of humans is known to the top rungs of the robot hierarchy, and robots who claim to see humans and the robots who hear them say so are reprogrammed to forget it. Lincoln, by some fluke, can't be reprogrammed.

That all happened in the first issue, but that's really all that's happened. This story doesn't seem in any hurry to get anywhere. In the ensuing three issues we've seen Lincoln avoid being scrapped (in occasionally slapstick ways), make friends and enemies, get addicted to electricity (apparently a thing in a robot society) and occasionally see the girl. 

Now, here we are at the end of the fourth issue (and the end of a story arc, it says above) and we still don't know how or why human civilization ended; who this girl is, what she's up to and if there are any more humans; and why Lincoln can't get reprogrammed. Evidently Lincoln's speech pattern and unpresidential antics are expected to be amusing enough that we don't need no stinkin' plot.

I don't mean to be unfair, or even to chase readers away. I have enjoyed the book (mildly) and do want the answers to the above questions. They need to get to it, though, as there's a limit to how much decompressed storytelling I'm willing to bear.

As to the art, it's all right angles and hard edges, very mechanical. That's appropriate, although occasionally my old eyes have to stare for a while to figure out what I'm looking at. 

 31221907483?profile=RESIZE_192X31221907681?profile=RESIZE_192X31221907694?profile=RESIZE_192X31221908057?profile=RESIZE_192X

***

LAST DRIVER #1 (OF 5)

31169868494?profile=RESIZE_192X31169868865?profile=RESIZE_192XSuperstar artist and longtime gearhead Sean Gordon Murphy (Batman: White Knight, Tokyo Ghost, Punk Rock Jesus, The Wake) will get behind the wheel to write and draw the highly anticipated series The Last Driver. This all-new, landscape format, ongoing series will hit the gas in August.

This pedal-to-the-metal, action-packed launch will also feature engine-revving variant covers by such top gear artists as Corin Howell (Lilith, Wonder Woman: Black, White, and Gold), Matteo Scalera (Batman, Black Science), and Ryan Ottley (Invincible), as well as additional variants by Murphy himself and a blank sketch variant.

As technology in America advanced, cities began creating the GRID: a robotic transportation system that not only made cars obsolete, it made them illegal. But an outlaw named “Clutch” has no choice but to get behind the wheel one more time. What starts out as a race to save his granddaughter's life quickly turns into a rebellion against technology, fascism, and the future of a divided America.

“I was in France when I started to think of this book, at the race track at Le Mans. The museum was doing construction, so they moved about a billion dollars worth of cars to a nearby hangar located in a cow pasture. It was an amazing sight! And it made me wonder who was going to take care of such valuable cars in the future — not just race cars, but movie cars. Not only would this story be an excuse to draw cars, but I could compare the dying of car culture — switching to electric cars that drive themselves — and use it as a metaphor for people ceding control to government control,” said Murphy. “And for America, I wanted the main character to be Native American — someone who understands freedom in a different way, because of how it was taken from him."

Escape from New York meets Vanishing Point in this high octane cyberpunk action comic perfect for fans of Petrol Head, Death Or Glory, and Tokyo Ghost.

Eric Stephenson, Publisher and Chief Creative Officer at Image Comics, added: "Sean’s a virtual force of nature in comics. Everything he does is astounding—whether it’s his bestselling Batman comics or his contributions to creator-owned work like Tokyo Ghost and Joe the Barbarian, he raises the bar time and time again. I guarantee you, The Last Driver isn’t like anything else you’re reading right now—so strap in, buckle up, and enjoy the ride!"

 So the lead character in this near future is a Native American, and one of the last people in America that can drive a car. And as a former stuntman and racecar driver, he's good at it. Circumstances (getting his granddaughter medical help) force him on One Last Drive. Arrayed against him are the technical and infrastructure advancements owned by the "money barons" who run the world. 

I like this story in principle, but I'm not really a "gearhead." Maybe if I was I'd have more enthusiasm. But I will testify to the art, which is sensational. Murphy never disappoints.

31169868700?profile=RESIZE_710x

 31169868865?profile=RESIZE_192X31169869072?profile=RESIZE_192X31169869459?profile=RESIZE_192X

31169869473?profile=RESIZE_710x

31169869489?profile=RESIZE_710x31169869501?profile=RESIZE_710x

 

*** 

MORE IMAGE

BUG WARS: THE COMING OF THE WARDOOM #1 (OF 8): I'm not reading this series, but here's a nice press release:

31147080058?profile=RESIZE_192X31147080068?profile=RESIZE_192XSuperstar creators Jason Aaron (Southern Bastards, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Absolute Superman) and Mahmud Asrar (Conan the Barbarian, X-Men, Batman & Robin) are back for an all-new chapter in their breakout sales beast, Bug Wars. Bug Wars: The Coming of The Wardoom ramps up the action and hits shelves this August from Image Comics.

This eight-issue story arc continues the savage suburban epic that feeds Honey, I Shrunk the Kids through a war grinder and marinates it in Conan-flavored myth and mayhem.

"Your favorite man-eating bug comic is back for another adventure, one that’s even bigger than before, with new heroes, new villains, new bugs and new exotic locales in the Slaymaker family’s backyard," said Aaron. "I’m so grateful y’all have made this series such a success, because I seriously think there’s enough story here and enough of a fantastical world to explore that I could write Bug Wars until I’m worm food. May we all live to see the dew."

Asrar added: "So excited to be back for more Bug Wars and this time there’ll be more than bug juice spilt. Hope you join us for the madness."

Six months after the Yard ran red with insect blood, uneasy peace is shattered as ancient enemies rise from the Woods, corporate extermination forces close in, and Slade Slaymaker is dragged back into a brutal world where roach knights ride, squirrel armies gather, and survival means choosing your side in a war no human was meant to fight.

In Bug Wars, the Old Slaymaker House is shrouded in mystery. Neighbors whisper about it. Children dare each other to step foot in its overgrown lawn. Exterminators refuse to visit and shudder at the thought of what multi-limbed monsters may burrow in its earth… For Slade Slaymaker and his brother Sydney, it’s the last remnant of their father, a dedicated entomologist devoured by the very creatures he dedicated his life to understanding. Slade, too young to remember his death, continues his legacy with his own love of all things insect. Sydney, old enough to remember the gruesome scene, despises and seeks to annihilate any bug he sees.

When these two brothers’ opposing obsessions clash, Slade finds himself shrunk to the size of his diminutive subjects and thrust into the middle of a brutal Bug War, an earth-shattering struggle that will decide the fate of his family and, perhaps, uncover the secrets behind his father’s gruesome demise.

In Bug Wars, a kid from Alabama suddenly lost in a vicious world beyond his imagining … a world of marauding ant armies, spell-casting spider witches, and beetle-riding barbarians.

Bug Wars is where tiny warriors wage violent battles for dominance over an insect-driven kingdom all hidden beneath the grassline. 

Select early praise for Bug Wars:

“Jason Aaron, known for his gritty crime creations Scalped and Southern Bastards, brought that steeliness to the tale… With art by Mahmud that gives vibes of Bryan Hitch and Rafael Albuquerque, the high concept pays off in a layered world and a story that is Honey, I Shrunk the Kids meets Game of Thrones or Lord of the Rings. Pop fun.” —The Hollywood Reporter

“An imaginative and ambitious dark fantasy story full of epic moments.” —Pages & Panels

“A cool concept with epic art that is executed well and leaves plenty of mysteries on the table for future issues.” —Graphic Policy

“Gripping story, intricately detailed artwork, and deep thematic depth.” —Comic Crusaders

“If you haven’t heard of Bug Wars, do yourself a favor and go check it out immediately… Off to a really compelling start, giving us action right from the jump and promise of an epic (and violent) fantasy adventure, but also presenting a more delicate story about a family navigating grief and trauma.” —Engadget

“What an absolutely stunning book, everyone. And an incredible read.” —Geoff Johns

"Bug Wars is a beautiful mix of high fantasy, suburban horror and every creepy-crawler under the sun. It'll get under your skin (in a good way.)" —Charles Soule

“Best Comic I’ve read in ages!” —Frank Quitely

"From issue #1 alone, Bug Wars has become my first new favorite comic of 2025. A huge congrats for Jason Aaron, Mahmud Asrar, Matt Wilson & Becca Carey on making such a fun comic!" —Joshua Williamson

"An epic adventure with huge heart—pre-order your copy from your LCS today so you don’t miss out!" —Scott Snyder

31147080085?profile=RESIZE_400x31147080096?profile=RESIZE_192X 

 ***

DARKNESS #7

G.I. JOE #25: Another series I'm not reading, and another nice press release.

31147788855?profile=RESIZE_192XSkybound, Image Comics, and Hasbro, a leading games, IP and toy company, announced a major new story arc in the hit Energon Universe series G.I. JOE, starting in G.I. JOE #25. The top-tier creative team of writer Joshua Williamson (DC K.O.), artists Tom Reilly (The Thing) and Andrea Milana (Cobra Commander), colorist Lee Loughridge (Universal Monsters: The Mummy), and letterer Rus Wooton (Invincible Universe: Battle Beast) set the stage for a jaw-dropping G.I. Joe vs. Night Force event fans have been anticipating for over two years. Don’t miss this landmark issue when G.I. JOE #25 hits comic shops August 19, 2026.

It had to happen: G.I. JOE vs Night Force!

Everything has been leading to this EXTRA-SIZED landmark issue as Joe battles Joe, friends become enemies, and the chart-topping team of Joshua Williamson and Tom Reilly kick off the biggest G.I. JOE story in Energon Universe history!

“One of the many things I love about working on the Energon Universe is the opportunity for long-form storytelling. The ability to craft and earn a big story like G.I. JOE vs Night Force. Something we've been setting up since the first mini-series. To reward our readers, and to do it with two incredible artists like Andrea and Tom is awesome,” remarked writer Joshua Williamson. “This is our biggest issue yet, full of major surprises, twists, turns and new characters! This story will change the face of G.I. JOE and will kick off a massive story for the Energon Universe, but what could possibly make G.I. JOE and the Night Force team want to fight each other?”

In addition to the main wraparound cover by artist Tom Reilly, the lineup of variant covers for G.I. JOE #25 includes an open-to-order cover B by Jerome Opeña & Neeraj Menon, an open-to-order cover C by Miki Okazaki, a 1:25 incentive streetwear variant by Fadime Yildirim, a 1:50 incentive variant by Michele Rubini & Annalisa Leoni, a 1:100 incentive foil variant by Jonboy Meyers, JOE & Night Force blank sketch covers, a foil cover by Tom Reilly, and a die cut Zartan mask foil cover by Andrea Milana & Andres Juarez.

"To launch such a pivotal event with the 25th issue in incredible,” noted Executive Editor Ben Abernathy. “We’ve been building toward this storyline for over two years and it’s thrilling that it’s finally come together!”

“Rebooting such a prolific brand in a way that satisfies longtime fans and welcomes new readers alike is a very delicate balancing act, but Williamson never fails to make it look easy.” – Comic Book Yeti

“This series continues to be a must-read with every issue.” – Fanlight Zone

31147789062?profile=RESIZE_710x31147788697?profile=RESIZE_192X31147789101?profile=RESIZE_192X31147789656?profile=RESIZE_192X

31147789673?profile=RESIZE_192X31147788470?profile=RESIZE_400x

 ***

GUNSLINGER SPAWN #57

HORNSBY & HALO #15

INVINCIBLE UNIVERSE: BATTLE BEAST #12

KAYA #36

LADY MECHANIKA: THE MECHANICAL MENAGERIE #4 (OF 4)

LUCKY DEVILS #9

M1 MONSTER RACING LEAGUE #3

NIGHTS #20

REDCOAT #19

SOMETHING EPIC #14

THE WALKING DEAD DELUXE #143

COLLECTIONS

ASSORTED CRISIS EVENTS VOL 2 TP

EXQUISITE CORPSES VOL 3 TP

FERAL VOL 5 TP

THE THING ON THE DOORSTEP TP 

***

NO. 4: IDW PUBLISHING

KILLER INFLUENCES #2

31222623492?profile=RESIZE_192X31222623671?profile=RESIZE_192XAuthor Joey Esposito
Illustrated by Valeria Burzo
Cover Design or Artwork by Valeria Burzo

Kylie and Melvin made a deal. Kylie would use her expertise in the world of serial killers and murder to give Melvin an identity, a mythology, a serial killer persona that would make him “famous.” She turned him into the Caddyshack Killer. The story took the country by storm, and she led that storm on her podcast, which brought her a great deal of fame and success. However, it didn’t bring Melvin what he wanted. He still feels empty. He feels unfulfilled. He feels violent. And he’s going to challenge Kylie for getting what she wanted while he got nothing. The epic IDW Crime series continues, and the tension is about to ramp up!

You get the gist: A true-crime podcaster has a secret agreement with a genuine serial killer to get publicity for botht of them. But he's unhappy that only she seems to be benefiting.

So you get where this going next: The serial killer reminds the podcaster who is doing the actual work. And he does so in the manner in which he does his work. The second issue ends on quite a cliffhanger.

The book is full of bad people, which is often a turnoff for me. But the dialogue is sparkling, the characters fairly well-rounded and I genuinely don't know what's going to happen next. I do hope that karma is a-coming, but it can take its time. 

I can't say much about the art. I find it a bit pedestrian. You can judge for yourself from the preview below.

 31222623857?profile=RESIZE_192X31222623701?profile=RESIZE_192X31222624084?profile=RESIZE_192X31222623884?profile=RESIZE_192X31222624297?profile=RESIZE_192X31222624466?profile=RESIZE_192X

***

SLEEPY HOLLOW: THE WITCHES OF THE WESTERN WOOD #4

STAR TREK: THE LAST STARSHIP #10

TMNT #21

TMNT: SHREDDER #11

ZORRO'S LEGACY #2

COLLECTIONS

HOME TIME: TWELVE DAYS

KINRYO ROCK — CODE AMRITA VOL. 3

LUNA THE VAMPIRE: ON THE GO

STAR TREK: VOYAGER — HOMECOMING

***

NO. 5: DARK HORSE 

MISS TRUESDALE AND THE RISE OF MAN HC

31221234675?profile=RESIZE_192XWriter: Mike Mignola · Jesse Lonergan
Artist: Jesse Lonergan

Finally at peace with her past lives, Anum Yassa now must fight to protect the future as a dark force endeavors destroy it.

The fate of mankind rests in her hands.

The secretay Miss Truesale turned gladiator Anum Yassa wanders the forest to learn about her lives — past, present, and future. Monster after monster, foe after foe, Anum Yassa fights them off — but something or someone is behind them all. The gladiator-secretary must protect the future of man before a powerful evil can stop mankind’s destiny and replace it with a darker fate — and the evil forces will not be stopped so easily.

Hellboy creator Mike Mignola and artist Jesse Lonergan continue their acclaimed Miss Truesdale saga in this new miniseries.

I have always been curious to see what this one was about. I'm guessing it's connected to the Hellboy mythology in the distant past, somehow? 

31221234852?profile=RESIZE_192X31221234866?profile=RESIZE_192X31221235053?profile=RESIZE_192X31221234889?profile=RESIZE_192X31221235252?profile=RESIZE_192X31221235086?profile=RESIZE_192X31221235265?profile=RESIZE_192X31221235456?profile=RESIZE_192X

***

ONLY THE SAVAGE ARE LEFT #3 (OF 5)

31221232874?profile=RESIZE_192X31221232692?profile=RESIZE_192XWriter: Zack Kaplan
Artist: Stefano Raffaele

With little time, Ryder and his new grizzled and immoral mentor must track and kill the behemoth monster of all monsters. While pursuing their target, they also try desperately to avoid the sadistic and cutthroat group of marauders who are hunting them, as Ryder desperately clings to his nonviolent, well-meaning ways.

So I'm caught up on this series, and rather like it.

Truth be told, it's probably for the art. Raffaele's work reminds me a lot of the late Butch Guice, and that is no small compliment. I used to buy titles Guice drew without regard to whether I liked the story or lead character. I liked his work that much.

As for this book, it's another zombie apocalypse, with a few new wrinkles. Those infected (by bites, though there are hints it might be airborne) take three days to turn into mindless cannibal monsters. The infection can halted by breathing smoke from burning infected. Whatever physical changes occurred while you were infected remain, but you are no longer turning. 

This means that a common tactic when infected is to find other infected, kill them, and burn them. Scenes of the downfall of humanity are accompanied with some pseudo-philosophy about how we're all really animals and civilization is skin-deep and so forth.

So now we're in post-apocalypse, with marauding gangs and guarded settlements and scavenging runs and hordes of monsters in abandoned cities. You know, The Walking Dead. Our story focuses on a tough guy, his equally tough daughter and a pacificist boy who's in the mutual-appreciation phase with the girl. They went to high school together, and she apparently appreciates that he's true to himself, even though he's bloody useless in a zombie apocalypse,

To tell you the truth, it's a bit of a stretch for the ol' suspension of disbelief. While his sense of justice and aversion to violence can be admirable qualities, he should not be one of the leads of a zombie-apocalypse series. His continued survival is getting hard to swallow, although I realize his narrative purpose is to show that we're NOT all animals, and civilization is NOT skin-deep. But, while I agree being against violence is cool, I also think the middle of a war is not the best place to make a case for it.

Anyway, instead of farming or something else where his beliefs won't get him killed, this guy's out in the wild with the tough guy trying to save the daughter from some former soldiers. Meanwhile, the monsters are getting progressively worse (and bigger).

I liked the art enough to get this far, so I guess I'm hanging in a bit longer. 

31221232892?profile=RESIZE_192X31221233065?profile=RESIZE_192X31221233261?profile=RESIZE_192X31221233087?profile=RESIZE_192X31221233294?profile=RESIZE_192X

***

WITNESS POINT #2 (OF 4)

31221233872?profile=RESIZE_192XWriter: Nathan Fillion · Heath Corson
Artist: Soo Lee
Cover: Soo Lee

The ghoulish mystery of the dismembered John Doe deepens as Deputy Marshal Priya Khabrani and Sheriff Kite Carter scramble to solve the murder, but as their investigation threatens the safety of those ensconced in witness protection in this idyllic Midwestern town — a former Mafia hitman turned pizza maestro, a seemingly reformed militia leader, and an unrepentant love cult guru up to his old tricks, to name a few — it becomes abundantly clear to the Sheriff that the Marshal's abrasive, full-contact style of questioning won't make her many friends around Witness Point. Plus, with the True Crime Club compromising their probe with their new podcast, Kite and Priya are forced into playing catch-up to the town's teenage reporters. Oh, and someone just tried to burn down the local insurance offices, which ... apparently was also the town's secret sports book? How is all connected? Find out in Witness Point #2.

The premise is that a lazy (and now deceased) U.S. marshal put more than 60 criminals in witness protection in a small town which is also the headquarters of the Ding-A-Ling (Ringling Brothers) Circus. It is also inhabited by three high school kids doing a true-crime podcast, and a mayor who is a former clown. And all of them are suspects when a man pretending to be a U.S. marshal is found naked with his hands and head cut off.

That is a lot of suspects in a very thick plot. I'd be thrilled if it wasn't for the art, which I find sketchy and unsophisticated. I can bear it for a while longer, though, because there are so many good characters. And heck, I wanna know whodunnit!

The first issue is narrated by the local sheriff, who has more on the ball than most. The second issue is narrated by a U.S. marshal sent from Chicago to re-assign all these witsec people so they're not so close to each other. I don't know if every issue will be narrated by someone different, but with this big a cast, it could be.

31221233886?profile=RESIZE_192X31221233684?profile=RESIZE_192X31221233482?profile=RESIZE_192X31221234259?profile=RESIZE_192X31221234271?profile=RESIZE_192X

***

MORE DARK HORSE

AMERICAN CAPER #10

POWERS 25 #12

SKATE ALI #3

STAR WARS: THE HIGH REPUBLIC ADVENTURES — PATHFINDERS #4

COLLECTIONS

THE ART OF STAR WARS: A NEW HOPE — THE MANGA VOLUME 2 HC

AVATAR: THE GAP YEAR  — TIPPING POINT TPB

CAT + CRAZY VOLUME 4 TPB

CRITICAL ROLE: THE MIGHTY NEIN ORIGINS OMNIBUS VOLUME 1 TPB

THE GOON: A BUNCH OF OLD CRAP OMNIBUS VOLUME 6 TPB

 

31044877075?profile=RESIZE_400xDark Horse Books presents The Goon: Bunch of Old Crap Omnibus Volume 6, the newest omnibus volume of the award-winning crime pulp series now published under Eric Powell’s Albatross Funnybooks imprint. Volume 6 will collect three Goon tales: "A Ragged Return to Lonely Street," written and illustrated by award-winning cartoonist Eric Powell; "The Deceit of a Cro-Magnon Dandy," written by Powell and Tom Sniegoski (Frankenstein: New World) and illustrated by Brett Parson (Tank Girl); "Fishy Men, Witchy Women & Bitter Beer," written by Roger Langridge (The Muppet Show), illustrated by Mike Norton (Joe Bob Goes to the Drive-In), and colored by Marissa Louise (Stranger Things: Science Camp); and more.

About The Goon: Bunch of Old Crap Omnibus Volume 6:

Nameless Town is a tough place. So tough that the only one thing standing between you and that thing that crawled out of the sewer and ate your old neighbor lady before trying to shake you down for the cash in your pockets is a mob boss known as the Goon and his psychotic counterpart that goes by Franky.

After strange journeys abroad, the Goon and Franky return to Nameless Town to find that a horde of unsavory characters has filled the void left in their absence. Our reluctant hero has his work cut out for him as he faces off against the likes of Seti the Southside Mummy, Vinny Nosferatu, and a Cro-Magnon mobster in a pinstriped suit who wants his blood.

Catch up on the rest of the series with The Goon: Bunch of Old Crap Omnibus Volumes 1-5, now available wherever books are sold.

Praise for The Goon:

“There aren't many characters like the Goon in comics and there aren't many characters as unique and enjoyable as Eric Powell.” — IGN

“The Goon is one of my favorite comics, and Powell is on the top of my list of best artist/writers out working today.” — Steve Niles

“[The Goon] is sweet when it needs to be, warm and touching when it wants to be, and brutal and gruesome when it has to be.” — Bloody Disgusting

“Mixing the genre expectations of noir with an endearingly amoral lead, The Goon is pure entertainment.” — Publisher's Weekly

When I stumble across some Goon comics I read and enjoy them. But I've never gone out of my way to get any. It feels like a well-drawn pastiche of whatever Eric Powell was reading or watching when he was a 6-year-old, which, of course, was probably the same stuff I was reading and watching as a 6-year-old. It's nice, but forgettable. OTOH, I have read and enjoyed non-Goon Powell material, like Did You Hear What Eddie Gein Done? That was a very good book. Maybe I'm missing the boat on Goon. Opinions?

JUPITER'S LEGACY OMNIBUS VOLUME 1 TPB

KNIGHT CITY HC

RESIDENT ALIEN VOLUME 9: THE BOOK OF CHANGES TPB

***

 NO. 6: VIZ MEDIA

ASSASSIN’S CREED: FORGOTTEN TEMPLE VOL. 4

CENTURIA VOL. 3

DOGSRED VOL. 6

HALF IS MORE

HUNTER X HUNTER (3-IN-1 EDITION) VOL. 7

KINGDOM VOL. 10

MAGILUMIERE MAGICAL GIRLS INC. VOL. 14

MISSION: YOZAKURA FAMILY VOL. 24

SAKAMOTO HOLIDAYS VOL. 2

SHOW-HA SHOTEN! VOL. 11

SKIP・BEAT!, (3-IN-1 EDITION) VOL. 17

SNOWBALL EARTH VOL. 9

UNDEAD UNLUCK VOL. 26

VAGABOND DEFINITIVE EDITION VOL. 6

***

NO. 7: DYNAMITE ENTERTAINMENT

ALTERED STATES: WARLORDS #3

31221229262?profile=RESIZE_192X31222156671?profile=RESIZE_192X(W) David Avallone (A) Mariano Benitez Chapo (CA) Joseph Michael Linsner

Welcome to Altered States ... Dynamite Entertainment's parallel reality in the vein of DC's Elseworlds and Marvel's What If! Me Tarzan, you … Dejah Thoris? The Lord of the Jungle is transported to the Red Planet, just in time to join forces with Red Sonja and John Carter in their fight against the Thern death cult and their Goddess Issus. What are they planning to do with the awesome power of all that hijacked Eighth Ray? How will Helium get its navy back in the air? Can the evil Therns be stopped before they conquer all Barsoom? Find out, in this tale of swashbuckling planetary romance! Writer David Avallone (Elvira, Savage Tales) is joined by rising star Mariano Benitez-Chapo (Vampirella, Elvira, Savage Tales) and cover artist Joseph Michael Linsner, Mike Rooth, Chapo and a stunning cosplay image by Jackie Goehner! Plus: Mike Rooth and Chapo each have created a stunning series of connecting covers for this series! 

The first issue showed us how Red Sonja got to Barsoom, and how she was then turned to stone, so she'd be around long enough to meet the other Jasoomians due to arrive in 1866 and 1913 (Earth time). The second issue shows us John Carter arriving and Red Sonja becoming un-stoned -- well, I assume, as I missed that issue. This one shows Tarzan arriving, and the last couple of pages promise a fourth star: Vampirella.

And it's a lot of doggone fun.  Maybe it's because I devoured John Carter comics and novels as a lad, but It's a delight to see Tars Tarkas and Dejah Thoris again, especially swapping quips with the likes of Sonja and Tarzan, which Li'l Me never imagined. And the bad guys? It's those reprehensible Therns who lure people to "paradise," only for them to be devoured by four-armed gorillas and man-eating plants. Despicable! And somehow they've got Issus on their side. She's probably a trick instead of a real goddess, but she's formidable. Our foursome will undoubtedly find out, one way or another. And I'm hooked enough that I'll probably be reading!

 31222156486?profile=RESIZE_192X31222156500?profile=RESIZE_192X31222156863?profile=RESIZE_192X31222157053?profile=RESIZE_192X31222157260?profile=RESIZE_192X31222157276?profile=RESIZE_192X31222156899?profile=RESIZE_192X

***

MUMM RA THE EVER LIVING #5

31221229300?profile=RESIZE_192X31222158091?profile=RESIZE_192X(W) Declan Shalvey (A) Rapha Lobosco (CA) Danny Earls

For the Ever-Living, the journey never ends! But the story of Mumm-Ra’s path to complete power is at an end. Now he must choose a new path which will dictate the fate of every creature on Third Earth ... 

I have been meaning to read this, but I suspect the collections will get here before I catch up.

 31222157889?profile=RESIZE_192X31222158458?profile=RESIZE_192X31222158675?profile=RESIZE_192X31222158696?profile=RESIZE_192X31222159057?profile=RESIZE_192X31222158870?profile=RESIZE_192X31222159081?profile=RESIZE_192X

***

COMPLETE GAIL SIMONE RED SONJA OMNIBUS TP

31221236287?profile=RESIZE_192X31221235683?profile=RESIZE_192XDynamite announces a paperback volume coming this summer featuring the entirety of Gail Simone and Walter Geovani's revered, history-making run on Red Sonja.

The upcoming release reprints all of Red Sonja #0-18 as well as a batch of extras. Across over 500 pages, fans can dig into this celebrated saga from over a decade ago that brought a whole legion of new fans to the She-Devil With a Sword. In addition to all of the stories written by Simone and illustrated primarily by Geovani, a gallery of iconic covers from Jenny Frison, Nicola Scott, Fiona Staples, Amanda Conner, Stephanie Buscema, and more are also included.

One of the most acclaimed and influential authors in modern comics, Gail Simone's career spanning a quarter century now has included treasured tenures on titles including Batgirl, Birds of Prey, Wonder Woman, Deadpool, Secret Six, and more. Currently she writes one of the all-time chart-toppers in Uncanny X-Men.

Her yarns of the Hyrkanian Heroine include a revamped origin story, a memorable supporting cast and foes, to a nearly unanimously lauded reaction from readers and critics.

Following this series, Gail continued with Sonja in Dynamite's crossover event Swords of Sorrow, featuring other legendary women of comics and pulp fiction like Vampirella, Dejah Thoris, Kato, Jungle Girl, and more. With tie-ins written by other top women in comics, the whole crossover is also available in a 500-page tome serving as a perfect companion to this new edition.

I think I read all these stories sometime in the past, due to Simone's name — if not in monthly form, then in trade paperback or maybe even HC. The first six issues give us an origin for Sonja, or fleshes out an existing one. I also remember some exceptional Jenny Frison covers.

31221236860?profile=RESIZE_400x31221236872?profile=RESIZE_192X

***

MORE DYNAMITE

ALADDIN #2

TALESPIN #1

MORE COLLECTIONS

GARGOYLES VOL 2: HERE IN MANHATTAN HC

THUNDERCATS VOL 3: APEX HC       

***

NO. 8: BOOM! STUDIOS

VAMPYRATES! #2

THE HARROWERS FACSIMILE EDITION #1

***

NO. 9: KODANSHA

BLUE LOCK VOLUME 33

CAT-LIFE BALANCE VOLUME 2

HITTING REWIND WITH YOU VOLUME 4

KIRIO FAN CLUB VOLUME 3

GRAND BLUE DREAMING VOLUME 24

LOVE, THAT'S AN UNDERSTATEMENT VOLUME 6

MF GHOST VOLUME 5

RENT-A-GIRLFRIEND VOLUME 38

***

NO. 10: ONI PRESS

ADVENTURE TIME (2025) #16 CVR A NICK WINN

DESTINATION KILL #4

SHELLSHOCK #1: Penguin Random House lists it for this week, but Lunar doesn't. I guess we'll find out. Either way, I mean to get this EC-style war book. 

***

OTHER PUBLISHERS

FANTAGRAPHICS

LOVERS OF THE EMPIRE VOL 1 HC

31221227096?profile=RESIZE_192X(W/A/CA) Yudori

Set in the atmospheric Korean capital in the 1920s, this dynamic manhwa period piece follows two teenagers from different social strata thrown together — and their unlikely connection leads to comedic, emotional, and eye-opening experiences of discovery.

South Korea, 1929. Arisa Jo, the daughter of a wealthy merchant, is the most eligible bachelorette in all of Gyeongsung (the capital city). With her Western dresses, movie star hairstyle, and assertive attitude, she embodies bold “Modern” values. Meet her opposite, Jun Seomoon, a young man from the countryside deeply rooted in tradition. When Jun is charged by Arisa’s father to be her escort in the big city, these opposing forces create sparks. Through this unlikely connection, these teenagers open their eyes to new perspectives amidst the rapidly changing world they find themselves in.

Coming off the heels of her acclaimed Raging Clouds, Lovers of the Empire proves Yudori to be a comic artist at the height of her creative powers. On the surface a sweet and funny will they, won’t they romance, this story garners depth from its depiction of Korea at a crossroads: a city occupied by Japan, molded by Western influences, and facing a modernity that stirs inner conflicts within its citizens. Rendered in gorgeous full color, this period piece portrays a fascinating city in a tumultuous time, with two winsome characters at its heart.

I like the art, I like historical fiction and I like learning about eras I don't know about. I may have to try this one.

31221227652?profile=RESIZE_192X31221227667?profile=RESIZE_192X

***

MAD CAVE

PHANTOM VS THE SINGH BROTHERHOOD (ONE-SHOT)

31221224679?profile=RESIZE_192X31221224854?profile=RESIZE_192X(W) Ray Fawkes (A) Russell Olson (CA) Mark Spears

THE PHANTOM WALKS. EVIL DIES. It's all come down to this--The Phantom vs. Arif Singh and his Brotherhood! After the Brotherhood's failed attack on Bangalla, Singh was all set to rot in prison. But concrete walls cannot stop the man who controls one of the most notorious criminal enterprises in the world. Only The Phantom can. Or this time, he might just die trying.

I haven't been impressed with the current run of classic characters (Phantom, Flash Gordon, Dick Tracy), but my tastes aren't universal. This is a one-shot, in case anyone wants to sample the current Ghost Who Walks.

 

***

TITAN COMICS

SOLOMON KANE: THE LION ERRANT #2 (OF 4)

31179204481?profile=RESIZE_192X(W) Patch Zircher (A) Patch Zircher (CA) Liam Sharp

Solomon Kane is no stranger to the impossible. ut the mythic storm gathering in the heart of India may be his greatest test yet. Guided by a mysterious black-maned lion, Solomon Kane is drawn to India and a confrontation between the warrior queen Rani Durgavati and the mighty Mughal Empire. but the coming battle is more than a clash of armies. Ancient powers are stirring, gods and demons walk among the living, and Kane's arcane Atlantean staff may hold the key to it all. Legend meets legend. steel meets the divine. the sword of vengeance answers a higher call.

I've always had a soft spot for Solomon Kane, even though he's always been written as a rather one-note character. 

Until now! Somehow, Zircher has accumulated a number of characters and artifacts around Kane from his previous miniseries. This has resulted in a supporting cast, a broadening of Kane's attitude and something of a mythos. Purists may think Zircher has expanded the character too far from his roots, but I think he's done so just enough to finally make this a character worthy of standing next to Conan and Sonja.

And the artwork is equally worthy of respect. This is a darn good book.

31179205057?profile=RESIZE_192X31179204865?profile=RESIZE_192X31179204492?profile=RESIZE_192X 

***

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

★
★
★
★
★
Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

  • Are there three Batgirls and a Batwoman now?

    Remember when publishers used to worry about "confusing" their audience?

    A third title joins the "Kingdom of Zod" crossover. It seems like some of y'all are enjoying it.

    For the record, I read the first two chpaters because they are in titles I read (Supergirl, Action Comics), but I, for one, am not enjoying it. I've decided to buy the two remaining chapters that will appear in Supergirl and Action (respectively), but no others. 

    I'm curious why Journey into Mystery #503-513 (Lost Gods) and Journey into Mystery #622-655 (Fear Itself, Loki, Sif) are excluded, while Journey Into Mystery #1-82, which had nothing to do with Thor or Asgard, are included. 

    That's "Marvel Math" for ya!

    Thanks, Jeff! 

    De nada.

     "WHAT IF ... THE RUNAWAYS HADN'T RUN AWAY?" I still wouldn't read it.

    LVnpEHj.gif

    SHELLSHOCK #1: Penguin Random House lists it for this week, but Lunar doesn't. I guess we'll find out. Either way, I mean to get this EC-style war book. 

    I'm expecting it. With only Wonder Woman #36 and (maybe) Shellshock #1, this will be a light week for me. Unless something unexpected shiops (always a possibility), I may buy that World's Finest #54. 

  • Apparently this Superboy with the Titans is Jon (before recent events). Witness how the S insignia has the unique electricity-inspired designn and one of the alternate covers implies that he has those powers alongside Static.

    Red Devil joined the Titans after Infinity Crisis, alongside a couple dozen others.  That was circa 2006, the "One Year Later" period.

    • For those who may not know (and who care), Jon Kent no  longer goes by the name "Superboy" (or "Superman" either, for that matter).

      Now he is "Tomorrow Man" (reflecting his role as a leader and visionary in intergalactic affairs).

      OIP.4T-2KWvOmRkVUk_C4nXjZQAAAA?w=176&h=288&c=7&r=0&o=7&pid=1.7&rm=3

  • Wasn't there a  "good" Terra at one point., part of something called "Team Titans"?  Maybe it's her.

    Why she chooses to look like 1950s high school student I have no idea. 

    To appeal to aging p-words?

    Now he is "Tomorrow Man" 

    Oh, Holy May-Ree, Mother of Rao....

     

    • Yes, the Team Titans version was from an alternate timeline that got swept away or something as did the Team Titans themselves during Zero Hour except for Mirage, I think.

      There was a third Terra created in 2007 but I can't remember a thing about her!

      31222657255?profile=RESIZE_400x

  • I've been reading Titans on the DC app, and have been enjoying it -- the current run feels like a real breath of fresh air for a team that had gotten kind of hidebound. I'm not entirely sure what's up with Jon, but IIRC, there was a line of dialogue suggesting he's been pulling double duty as Tomorrow Man and Superboy/man with the Titans. So I think this is concurrent with recent events, unless something new has happened with Kingdom of Zod, which I haven't read yet.

    And I swear I've seen an explanation for Terra a few times now, and it always slides right out of my brain. But this one has been a criminal, at least, and is with the titans as part of the JLA amnesty plan. There've been hiccups, but it seems like its working well for her.

  • "WHAT IF ... THE RUNAWAYS HADN'T RUN AWAY?" I still wouldn't read it.

    Well, I read it, and...wait, here's a nice, unrelated picture for spoiler space,first...

    31223337667?profile=RESIZE_192X

    ...and some more spoiler space...
    -

    -

    -

    -

    -

    They become part of their parents' scheme, carry out one mission for them, and then rebel against them, anyway.  There are some changes to continuity, but not enough for me to suggest that you need to race out and buy ths book.

     

This reply was deleted.