There will be thirteen one-hour episodes, each being a full hour, not forty-five minutes. Netflix has been releasing entire seasons of their original programming on the same day and presumably they will do the same with Daredevil.

CAST:

Charlie Cox                          Matt Murdock/Daredevil

Deborah Ann Woll                 Karen Page

Elden Henson                       Foggy Nelson

Rosario Dawson                    Claire Temple

Vincent D'Onofrio                   Wilson Fisk/Kingpin

Scott Glenn                           Stick

Bob Gunton                           The Owl

Later Netflix productions will be Luke Cage, The Defenders, Iron Fist, and AKA Jessica Jones.

Views: 1363

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well I may watch the last episode again anyways. It was really good! Heck, maybe the whole series again. I keep hearing there have been Iron Fist references but I didn't pick any up. Oh, wait. I did pick up one...

Captain Comics said:

No, you're both right -- I don't want to spoil any more, but I was wrong.

I think Madame Gao hinted she was from K'un Lun. What was the one you picked up?

There were a lot of references to Cornelius van Lunt, head of Zodiac in his first appearance, but that seems to just be an Easter egg (so far). Someone made a derisive remark about his reliance on astrology!

Claire Temple, of course, was Luke Cage's girlfriend when he debuted. Dunno what her status will be with him now. It looks like she's going to be Night Nurse, although perhaps unofficially.

I'm in the middle of the second episode now. When Claire decides to call Matt "Mike", after he wouldn't tell her his real name, because of her "old boyfriend who was really good at keeping secrets..." Is 'Mike' the name of a Marvel character's alter ego? Is that an Easter egg?
Yes, Mike is a reference to some early Stan Lee-written issues.

Apparently, the truck that spilled the chemicals on young Matt had Rand Corporation printed on it.

Here is a pretty thorough (and spoilery) rundown of all the easter eggs and references.

http://www.therobotspajamas.com/daredevil-easter-eggs-episode-by-ep...

Yes, the Madame Gao was the reference I picked up. When Leland asked if she was going back to China she replied "It's much further"

Captain Comics said:

I think Madame Gao hinted she was from K'un Lun. What was the one you picked up?

There were a lot of references to Cornelius van Lunt, head of Zodiac in his first appearance, but that seems to just be an Easter egg (so far). Someone made a derisive remark about his reliance on astrology!

Claire Temple, of course, was Luke Cage's girlfriend when he debuted. Dunno what her status will be with him now. It looks like she's going to be Night Nurse, although perhaps unofficially.

I kind of assumed that maybe she had a relationship with DD's dad, Mike. Don't remember if it was explained or not. She would have been pretty young if that was the case when she was involved with him. Though, I think Claire is a slightly older than Matt. I think from what I've read she's the night nurse. My guess is that she'll be the connection between the rest of the Defenders.

Wandering Sensei: Moderator Man said:

I'm in the middle of the second episode now. When Claire decides to call Matt "Mike", after he wouldn't tell her his real name, because of her "old boyfriend who was really good at keeping secrets..." Is 'Mike' the name of a Marvel character's alter ego? Is that an Easter egg?

Believe it or not, in the 1960s Matt invented a wild and crazy twin brother, "Mike Murdock," to be the secret ID of Daredevil to throw Foggy and Karen off the scent. That's what the "Mike" Easter egg referenced. It's a good thing not all of the comics are adapted!

Okay, that last fight scene in episode 2 was awesome. And it looked like it was all one long take, too. Bravo!

It was one long take! And stunning!

I kept saying, "I could do that. I could do that. I couldn't do that. I could do that. Could do that. Nope, not that. I could definitely do that."

Captain Comics said:

Wandering Sensei: Moderator Man said:

I kept saying, "I could do that. I could do that. I couldn't do that. I could do that. Could do that. Nope, not that. I could definitely do that."

Captain Comics said:

That was a great scene. Possibly influenced by the fight scene in Oldboy. (The original, not the Spike Lee travesty.)

I just remembered: The symbol on Madame Gao's drug packs looked like the Steel Serpent symbol (Iron Fist's arch-foe from K'un Lun). I think his name was Davos.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2021   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service