Nothing's been confirmed, but Bleeding Cool is publishing a ton of rumors about the upcoming DC "... event. Apparently everything's getting a "Rebirth" issue in June, followed by a new #1 in July (or late June in the case of bi-weeklys). It sounds to me like it'll be more of an All-New, All-Different style reinvigoration than a wholesale reboot. 

There's be some cancellations, of course -- rumored ones are Starfire, Black Canary, Superman/Batman, Superman/Wonder Woman, Midnighter, Doctor Fate and Grayson -- but most of the characters won't be left homeless, with the possibility of new Titans, Birds of Prey, Authority, and a Trinity biweekly.

Plus, the rumor mill says, Tom King will take over the biweekly Batman book, with Peter Tomasi taking over a biweekly Superman title. 

And there might be a new Justice Society title, too -- the original WWII version, forgotten by this Earth and now emerging into the present, as young as they were in the 40s. 

There'll be more stories coming, I'm sure. We'll see how well-connected Rich's source is. But the prospect of a new JSA book -- even in the present, rather than WWII -- makes me pretty damn (provisionally) happy. 

Rob

Views: 1282

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Y'know, I rolled my eyes with most of the rest of you when Deathstroke was listed as one of the 18 or so titles that would survive Rebirth. But today the first issue's solicitation hit Newsarama...

DEATHSTROKE #1
Written by CHRISTOPHER PRIEST
Art and cover by CARLO PAGULAYAN and JASON PAZ
Variant cover by SHANE DAVIS
“The Professional” part one! Deathstroke’s latest contract takes him to a war-torn African country, where he finds himself caught in the middle of a disintegrating alliance between a ruthless dictator and a deadly super-villain. With an entire nation at stake, Slade Wilson must choose between fulfilling his contract and saving an old friend.
On sale AUGUST 24 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T+

...and I've gotta admit, that's exactly the sort of plot I would want in a Deathstroke book, helmed by a writer capable of making it excellent.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2021   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service