Replies

• John:

I'm surprised you didn't do anything Doctor Who themed.

Right now, there's a movement (running gag?) afoot on Facebook and Google+ that wants every Doctor Who fan to shout out "The Doctor saved us!" Saturday morning, December 22, at 9am.

• I don't have the authority (or awesome sartorial sense) of Jor-El, but I did write this back in 2010

• Alright, you're on.

At 9 a.m. this Saturday morning, the cops are going to be called to haul me and my daughter away...

Lee Houston, Junior said:

John:

I'm surprised you didn't do anything Doctor Who themed.

Right now, there's a movement (running gag?) afoot on Facebook and Google+ that wants every Doctor Who fan to shout out "The Doctor saved us!" Saturday morning, December 22, at 9am.

• The comment you made in the essay is similar to my first post on Captain Comics, where I commented that the Mayans didn't foresee the Spanish coming. This seemed to be construed at the time as a slur against the ancient Mayans, when it was actually a slur against the current doomsayers.

JD DeLuzio said:

I don't have the authority (or awesome sartorial sense) of Jor-El, but I did write this back in 2010

• Personally, I never believed the Mayan theory.

On one hand, I've heard that if it wasn't for the addition of Leap Year and the ensuing calendar adjustments, right now would be the middle of July 2013.

Besides, just because they never got around to start carving a second calendar...

Now the fact that there's a distinct possibility that someday (soon?) the world may be Twinkie-less, that would be a disaster! ;-)

Note attempt at winky icon, for that last sentence was typed tongue in cheek, which might explain why my keyboard's wet and my jaw hurts. ;-)

• @Lee, I didn't really put much thought into the picture. I simply saw it and the idea came to me. I don't put much faith in the end of the world thing myself but even if it were the end of the world, there is damn little I could do about it so I am not going to give myself a stroke over it.

Personally, I am a DW fan but I don't think you will find me doing any shouting at 9:00 AM on Saturday. If I do, they will come and get me with a multicoloured coat with cat badges that straps up around the back ;)
  • 1936080051?profile=original1936086381?profile=original

The BREWSTER ROCKIT strip from December 2009(!).

• Gents, Melbourne is ahead of the US and it's already the 21st here. You can be sure the world won't end as long as I keep pos

• Ah, Luke, you're a great human being.

• Luke, Luke, are you still with us?

Luke Blanchard said:

Gents, Melbourne is ahead of the US and it's already the 21st here. You can be sure the world won't end as long as I keep pos

This reply was deleted.