Or: "Help Dagwan Sell Some Books"

I have a customer whose girlfriend is interested in any good graphic novels that are set in the South for a Southern Literature class.

Any suggestions?

My list thus far:

Bayou

Dixie Road

Fallen Angel

Gambit limited Series

Hawkman/ Hawkgirl

Impulse

Incognegro

Man-Thing

Pogo

Preacher

Satchel Paige: Striking Out Jim Crow

Stuck Rubber Baby

Swamp Thing

Unknown: Devil Made Flesh

Walking Dead

Views: 175

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I can't believe I forgot Walking Dead. I just read the entire run (for the first time) in the last 5-6 weeks.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

Check out the Secret Headquarters (my store) website! It's a pretty lame website, but I did it myself, so tough noogies

Listen to WOXY.com, it's the future of rock-n-roll!

Figserello said:
Is there an echo in here?
:-P

Nuts. I've done it again... I scanned for Impulse, but somehow missed the VERY FIRST POST.

Probably because the Satchel Paige book caught my eye, and I turned to my shelf to flip through James Sturm The Golem's Mighty Swing, but couldn't find any evidence that it was necessarily set in the South,

The worst thing is, I saw your comment, figured someone else had mentioned Impulse, and then looked for it, and looked again. And I *still* didn't see it until I looked one more time, today.

I'm old and blind. Take pity.
Rob Staeger said:
Figserello said:
Is there an echo in here?
:-P

Nuts. I've done it again... I scanned for Impulse, but somehow missed the VERY FIRST POST.

Probably because the Satchel Paige book caught my eye, and I turned to my shelf to flip through James Sturm The Golem's Mighty Swing, but couldn't find any evidence that it was necessarily set in the South,

The worst thing is, I saw your comment, figured someone else had mentioned Impulse, and then looked for it, and looked again. And I *still* didn't see it until I looked one more time, today.

I'm old and blind. Take pity.

My legs are grey, my hair is dim, my eyes are old and bent...
I believe theres a Hurricane Katrina GN After the Deluge?
Chuck Armstrong said:
I believe theres a Hurricane Katrina GN After the Deluge?

Which reminds me of NOLA, a series from Boom! Studios set in New Orleans.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2019   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service