For me so far:

Amazing Spider-Man: No.  There's some interesting ideas in here, but not enough to spare some of my limited budgets of comics money/reading time.

Guardians of the Galaxy:  Yes. Just interesting enough to give them a chance.    

The New Avengers: Yes. So far, they seem to be treating Squirrel Girl well.        

Spider-Gwen: Yes. So far, they've maintained the quality from the previous book.      

The Uncanny Avengers:  Maybe. It's mildly interesting, but I really don't like Deadpool.      

How about you?

Views: 1882

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Amazing Spider-Man: Yes.

Dr. Strange. Big yes!

Guardians of the Galaxy: Yes.

New Avengers: No.

Uncanny Avengers: Maybe.

I did end up buying #2 of  New Avengers.

Howling Commandos: Probably. As I expected, Dum Dum's become a star! P.S. -- Where did the zombie Jason Sitwell come from? Anyone know?

Unbeatable Squirrel Girl: Maybe. I hit my limit on quirky pretty fast.

Angela: Queen of Hel: No. I didn't understand much of this. A first issue should tell me what I need to know.

Ant-Man: Maybe. Mildly amusing.

Agents of Atlas: Oops! It's a Secret Wars title!

Uncanny Inhumans: No. Inhumans are still pale copies of X-Men, who beat them to all the cool powers and personalities.

Karnak: Maybe. He's not likable, but it's different.

Marvel Point One: Confirms my belief that Contest of Champions is a stupid premise.

Secret Wars Official Guide to the Marvel Multiverse: Grant Morrision did it better, and this book looks backward (to Battleworld) more than it looks forward. Also, lots of dry text. I feel ripped off.

Captain Comics said:

Ant-Man: Maybe. Mildly amusing.

Karnak: Maybe. He's not likable, but it's different.

Yeah, I got Ant Man and it is kind of amusing in a low key sitcom way. Reminds me a little of Dan Slott's She-Hulk and Thing books from some years back. But there's nothing that left me clamoring for more.

Karnak did capture my interest too. I'll pick up a few more issues and see if a good story materializes.

I almost bought New Avengers #2 yesterday, but I put it back on the shelf. I still haven't read issue #1, and looking at who's in it, I just really don't have any interest.

Picked up Hercules #1 - It's very good. Quite promising.

Blew off Guardians of the Galaxy #2, however.

I ordered

• EXTRAORDINARY X-MEN (nice roster here)
  • HERCULES (because I've like his past series and it's the real Hercules!)
  • HOWARD THE DUCK (for a while anyway)
  • VISION (not crazy about the premise but will give it a chance!)

I liked GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #1 but isn't it funny that it has incorporated three characters from the non-Disney movies: Kitty Pryde (X-MEN), Agent Venom (SPIDER-MAN) and the Thing (FANTASTIC FOUR) much like UNCANNY AVENGERS with Rogue, "Spider-Man" and the Human Torch.

I picked up a few this week:

Avengers vs Infinity -No

Drax -Yes

Hercules -No

Nova -No

Vision -No

Besides Avengers vs, I didn't think any of these were bad but I just don't feel like they are aimed at me.  I liked the art on Drax and enjoyed the writing enough to get the next issue.

Extraordinary X-Men 1 - no.Howard the Duck 1 - yes

Hercules 1 - Umm, maybe?  I don't feel like Abnett's quite gotten his voice for the Prince of Power yet, plus I want there to be a few more jokes.

Did Avengers vs. Infinity really come out? I read on Bleeding Cool that it had been pulled because some pages were missing or out of order. I wasn't all that keen anyway, since it's written by the guy who adapts the TV cartoons, and I assumed the characters in this book were the animated versions.

Captain Comics said:

Did Avengers vs. Infinity really come out? I read on Bleeding Cool that it had been pulled because some pages were missing or out of order. I wasn't all that keen anyway, since it's written by the guy who adapts the TV cartoons, and I assumed the characters in this book were the animated versions.

Yeah, I got a digital copy. Apparently retailers were ordered to destroy their physical copies but there are plenty of them floating around on eBay.

Is it indeed the animated version of the characters?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2021   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service