Replies

• cap_salute_2010.jpg

• ...Awwwwwwwwww .

You know , I was thinking of posting this after Jerry Robinson died , with Mr. Simon's demise , this is even more true - Are there any major-level Golden Agers left ?

Before , after remembering Simon , I then of course remembered Stan Lee , who was active during the GA , of course !!!!!!!!!!!

What he know him for is , really , what he did during the Silver Age ( and , at least as it followed up on it , after )...

Selfishly , I will never be able to meet Mr. Simon/get anything autographed now !

• Losses like this makes one remember the golden age knowing that its way is going or gone and never coming,back. RIP Joe Simon.

• I was thinking about Joe Simon when I read the sad news about Jerry Robinson, and I looked him up on the Internet to see he was still with us and I hoped he was well and happy. Now this ...

• At least he saw the Captain America movie or I hope he did.

• Here are the quotes released by DC:

"Joe Simon was a true legend in the comic book industry. So much of what we are today is owed to him and his amazing creativity. In addition to one of the great writers of the Golden Age, he was also an editor at DC Comics. We appreciate all of his contributions to DC Comics and the industry as a whole, both on the page and behind the scenes." -- Dan DiDio, Co-Publisher, DC Entertainment

"We lost another of the Titans this week. A creative virtuoso, Joe Simon will be best known for co-creating Captain America with legendary artist Jack Kirby but his many contributions to DC Comics, both as a writer and an editor, are legion and will continue to be cherished by longtime fans, this one included. Our sympathies go out to his family, friends and many, many fans." -- ­ Jim Lee, Co-Publisher, DC Entertainment

• Some of the work he did on his own is as charming as the work he did with Kirby. In addition to doing stories, he and Kirby oversaw many stories drawn by others. Rest in peace.

This reply was deleted.