To help us appreciate comic book art I'd like to start a sort of forum game. Respond to this post with a "GIVE ME AN ARTIST!" message and I will will assign you a comic book artist.

RULES UPDATE! 

I'll list an artist and everyone who wants to join in can do so! When I list an artist, you have 24 hours to post an image before we move on to the next one. 

It doesn't matter if you don't know their work; just Google the artist and choose an image of the one you like most, and add it into this thread. Try not to repeat images someone else has posted.

I'll urge you to make comments about your post and others people have posted.

ARTISTS POSTED SO FAR:

• Mike Allred
  • June Brigman
  • John Bolton
  • Rich Buckler 
  • Ramona Fradon
  • Don Heck
  • Mikel Janin
  • Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez
  • Bob Layton
  • Steve Lightle
  • Ron Lim
  • David Lloyd
  • Tom Mandrake
  • Khoi Pham
  • Joe Stanton
  • Curt Swan
  • Lee Weeks

Views: 2203

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Today, let's focus on ... Ron Garney

Aside from his work on Silver Surfer, where I first encountered Ron Garney, I think his Captain America work is pretty special.

I go back and forth on Garney's work. sometimes I love it, sometimes I, uh, don't. I dig this action shot of Thor coming at ya:

Interesting image. Captain America holding a Russian assault rifle.

Iron Spidey!

from here

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

Richard Willis replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"I was a little surprised that they had him saying "Great Scott" at a young age."
4 minutes ago
Travis Herrick (Modular Mod) replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion DC's 1st Issue Specials
"I know I read the Metamorpho issue, but damned if I can remember anything about it. Now, Lady Cop?…"
9 minutes ago
Travis Herrick (Modular Mod) replied to Captain Comics's discussion Peter David suffers series of strokes
"Glad you posted this, Cap. I would have if you hadn't."
11 minutes ago
Travis Herrick (Modular Mod) replied to Captain Comics's discussion Aline Kominsky-Crumb dies
"That's too bad. I always thought she was a good for Crumb himself."
15 minutes ago
Richard Willis replied to Emerkeith Davyjack's discussion All-purpose newspaper strips discussion
"I see that the Bizarro strip provided a hashtag: #schulz100 I think there are probably more there."
37 minutes ago
Richard Willis replied to Emerkeith Davyjack's discussion All-purpose newspaper strips discussion
"Kelvin, I considered digging up all of the tributes to Sparky, but chickened out. Of the strips I…"
42 minutes ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"I'll see your Superman robot and raise you a Dr. Doom robot (as revealed by John Byrne)."
52 minutes ago
Steve W replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Wow, great start to the month guys.  A dozen covers posted in as many hours! But I'm…"
1 hour ago
Richard Willis replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Lee Houston, Junior said: And what was the judges' final decision concerning Robotman of the…"
1 hour ago
Irma Kruhl replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
2 hours ago
Randy Jackson liked Captain Comics's discussion Free Comic Book Day 2023
2 hours ago
Lee Houston, Junior replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Okay, let me open December with this one, courtesy of the Grand Comics Database... And what was…"
2 hours ago

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service