The Marist Mindset List for 2025

Once again, friends, it's time for the latest guidance from Marist College, which has inherited the Mindset List from Beloit College.

See the 2024 list here, the 2023 list here, the 2022 list herethe 2021 list here, the 2020 list here, and the 2019 list here.

This year's version is as boring as last year's, as Marist College takes a different approach in compiling its entries. It's so boring, I'm not sure I want to keep posting it here.

Without further ado, here is The Mindset List for the Class of 2025. 

The Marist Mindset List for the Class of 2025

1. Incoming students were inspired by Amanda Gorman’s reading of her poem, “The Hill We Climb” at the Presidential Inauguration to rediscover the power of poetry in their own lives, and on their own terms.
  2. Although less than five percent of the Class of 2025 will be veterans, most colleges and universities are focusing more campus resources on supporting student veterans on campus.
  3. Incoming students and their professors are among the first to adjust to a new reality of digital learning, which has changed the face of higher education for years to come.
  4. Depending on where their college or university is located, students in the class of 2025 are experiencing vast differences in COVID-19 regulations on campus, leading to a disparity in educational quality.
  5. Incoming students are expressing themselves creatively and patronizing the arts through non-fungible tokens (NFT).
  6. As part of Generation Z, the Class of 2025 expects to find empowering online shopping experiences from the new “internet of behavior.”
  7. First-year students are demanding fashion brands that offer dignity and justice to employees throughout the global value chain, as retail sales lag from the ongoing pandemic.
  8. Incoming students are less likely to support the death penalty in America than earlier generations. The Class of 2025 is more diverse in thought and demographically than previous cohorts.
  9. Incoming students now live in a country where Oregon decriminalized drug use, drug possession, and low-level drug sales, as Portugal did 20 years ago. These policies have shown that using a public health approach reduces drug overdose, HIV infections, and decreases incarceration for drug-related offenses.
  10. Incoming students live in an era where a primary threat of terrorism to Americans comes from domestic white supremacists, rather than from abroad. This is the first incoming college class in United States history to have witnessed the confederate flag displayed in the Capitol.

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Yeah, they do seem to have sucked a lot of the joy out of it.  Some of them feel more like "what the author(s) believe the incoming students ought to think" than anything else.

• "This year's version is as boring as last year's"

"They do seem to have sucked a lot of the joy out of it."

What they said.

"It's so boring, I'm not sure I want to keep posting it here."

If this is what it's going to be like going forward, I won't miss it. (I wouldn't've been able to say that in years past.)

This reply was deleted.