ART OF OVERWATCH VOL 2 HC LTD ED 

EC ARCHIVES: WEIRD SCIENCE VOL 1 TPB

DC COMICS

ARKHAM CITY: THE ORDER OF THE WORLD

BATGIRL OF BURNSIDE OMNIBUS HC

BATMAN #119

CRUSH & LOBO #8 (OF 8)

DARK NIGHTS OF STEEL #3 (OF 12)

DC HORROR PRESENTS SOUL PLUMBER #4 (OF 6)

DETECTIVE COMICS #1047

JOKER PRESENTS: A PUZZLEBOX #6 (OF 7)

JUSTICE LEAGUE INCARNATE #3 (OF 5)

JUSTICE LEAGUE INFINITY #7 (OF 7)

NAOMI SEASON ONE TPB

ONE-STAR SQUADRON #2 (OF 6)

SUICIDE SQUAD #11

SUPERMAN: SON OF KAL-EL #6

WONDER WOMAN: THE SILVER AGE OMNIBUS VOL 1 HC

Story: Bob Kanigher, Julius Schwartz, Jack Schiff, others | Art: Ross Andru, Morris Waldinger, Henry Boltinoff, Mike Esposito, others | Cover: Ross Andru | $99.99

These fantastical stories from the 1950s and 1960s take Wonder Woman from Paradise Island to Man’s World, to the bottom of the ocean, and even to outer space, and they introduce Wonder Girl, Wonder Tot, and more! Collects stories from Wonder Woman #98-123, many reprinted in color for the first time!

CC sez: I cannot describe my delight at the advent of this series. One of my great goals has always been complete runs (albeit in reprint form) of Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman up to the Bronze Age, especially through the black hole that was the late 1950s. Now here comes the first of a series of Silver Age Wonder Woman omnibuses, containing issues from 1958 to 1961 (#98-123). My Wonder Woman collection begins at #139 (1963), so I won't need but one more omnibus to be complete from 1958. And the Golden Age Omnibus series is up to issue #34 (1949), with Sensation and Comics Cavalcade coming to an end. So the remaining Golden Age issues, #35-97, could be wrapped in two, maybe three omnibuses.

Now if we could only convince DC to begin Silver Age Omnibus series for Batman (1964 on) and Superman (1958 on), and to collect all the Golden Age Aquaman and Green Arrow backup series (1941-61 and 1941-63, respectively), and maybe Johnny Quick, Robotman and Congorilla ... but nah, now I'm just dreaming.

WORLD OF KRYPTON #2 (OF 6)

DYNAMITE

DEJAH THORIS VS JOHN CARTER OF MARS #6

ELVIRA MEETS VINCENT PRICE #4

EVIL ERNIE #2

JENNIFER BLOOD #4

PANTHA #1

Teen+ | 32 pages | $3.99

Story: Tom Sniegoski, Jeannine Acheson | Art: Igor Lima | Covers: Judy Jong, Jorge Fornes, Vincent Aseo, Alvaro Sarraseca, Elena Pianta

A cruel Egyptian queen eternally cursed to transform into a savage beast. For millennia, Pantha has endured her punishment for angering a powerful goddess, hiding herself away from the world and the ugliness of her humanity. But now someone-something-is killing the gods, and now so it falls upon Pantha to save the pantheon! In exchange for her help comes the promise of redemption and freedom from her curse, but even that comes with a price! Featured in her own series for the first time in a decade, and spinning out of the pages of SACRED SIX, Pantha's back!

CC sez: What a big nose you have, Grandma! (I get the effect they're going for. I just don't think it's working.)

I do like that Pantha appears to be actually Egyptian now. Was she always? I seem to remember her as sort of an angry biker-chick type in her Warren incarnation, presumably white, with very American dialogue. But it was in B&W, so I don't really know what her skin color was.

RED SONJA (2021) #5

IDW PUBLISHING

LOEG VOL IV: TEMPEST TPB

STAR TREK: MIRROR WAR #3 (OF 8)

TRANSFORMERS: BEST OF OPTIMUS PRIME

IMAGE COMICS

A THING CALLED TRUTH #3 (OF 5)

BEAUTY VOL 6 TPB

FRONTIERSMAN #4

GRRL SCOUTS: STONE GHOST #2 (OF 6)

HELLCOP #3

MAGIC ORDER 2 #3 (OF 6)

MONKEY MEAT #1 (OF 5)

Story/Art: Juni Ba | Teen+ | $3.99

DJELIYA creator JUNI BA introduces a new fantasy universe in this ANTHOLOGY SERIES! The Monkey Meat Company made its fortune selling cans of processed meat all around the world. Using that money to fuel their wacky experiments, they turned their native island into a magical hyper-capitalist hellscape where even demons have to pay rent! Follow the lives of the creatures of Monkey Meat Island in this fun, action-packed romp. Each issue is its own story!

“With this follow-up to DJELIYA, JUNI BA delivers a smart, funny, and drop-dead gorgeous satire of capitalism, climate annihilation, and perpetual content culture, proving once again that he is one of the most exciting cartoonists working today.” — SEBASTIAN GIRNER (SCALES AND SCOUNDRELS)

“A showcase of pure imagination and storytelling prowess. MONKEY MEAT is a dream of what comics should be, but it’s here in your hand right now.” — HASSAN OTSMANE-ELHAOU (PanelxPanel Magazine)

NITA HAWES NIGHTMARE BLOG #3

NOCTERRA SPECIAL

Story: Scott Snyder, Tony S. Daniel | Art: Denys Cowan, Chris Sotomayor | Cover: Tony S. Daniel, Marcelo Maiolo | Mature | $3.99

“HALL OF MIRRORS”

Behold the book of Blacktop Bill. In the wake of the first arc’s explosive finale, the origin of NOCTERRA’s most terrifying creature will at last be revealed in this special one-shot issue! Witness the horror that awaits our heroes as SCOTT SNYDER and legendary artist DENYS COWAN present a penny dreadful you won’t soon forget.

CC sez: Trade-waiting (and review-waiting) Nocterra. Presumably any omnibus would include this one-shot.

ORDINARY GODS #6

SPAWN #325

TWO MOONS #8

WALKING DEAD DLX #30

MARVEL COMICS

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #84 

AVENGERS BY JASON AARON VOL 9: WORLD WAR SHE-HULK TPB

AVENGERS EPIC COLLECTION: JUDGMENT DAY TPB NEW PTG

BLACK CAT VOL 6: INFINITY SCORE TPB

BLACK WIDOW #13

Story: Kelly Thompson | Art: Rafael Pimentel | Covera: Adam Hughes, Peach Momoko, Rafael Pimentel | Teen+ | $3.99

Natasha Romanoff’s long career as Marvel’s premiere superspy hero is filled with dark secrets, dangerous missions, and mysterious enemies. This December, one of the deadliest battles in her storied history will be revealed in BLACK WIDOW #13. Writer Kelly Thompson continues her Eisner Award-winning work on the character alongside guest artist Rafael Pimentel in his Marvel Comics debut with a special flashback issue that will see the return of Black Widow’s iconic grey costume, best known from Frank Miller’s groundbreaking run on Daredevil.

The Black Widow knows no fear, but that all changes as she faces a threat from her past! But how could someone have such a hold over the Black Widow? You think you know the story of Natasha Romanoff’s time in Madripoor, but you never witnessed her greatest fight — and her most decisive defeat.

"I've been really excited about this issue for a while now, both because I think it shows off so many of the things we love about Black Widow (not to mention one of my favorite classic costumes!) - but also because it's a risky and sort of unconventional approach to an arc — breaking in the middle of your arc to tell an extended flashback sequence from a character's past — it's just not done this way typically and I'm so excited that Marvel let us try it,” Thompson explained. “They've let us swing big on Black Widow in some unexpected ways and we are just having the best time. It's a deceptively simple issue, but it packs real punch and I hope readers will love it."

CC sez: I do love me some Adam Hughes. If his covers can't sell a  comic book, I don't know what can.

CAPTAIN AMERICA IRON MAN #2 (OF 5)

CAPTAIN MARVEL #35

Story: Kelly Thompson| Art: Sergio Davila | Cover:  R. B. Silva | Teen+ | $3.99

"THE LAST OF THE MARVELS" PART 4

As Carol and the other Marvels fight to save themselves and so much more from Vox Supreme's dark plans, the Avengers and the Guardians of the Galaxy join the battle! While Vox Supreme believes he knows Carol Danvers inside and out, she has thrown him a curveball that neither of them ever imagined. Fans old and new will lose their minds over this one-don't miss the biggest expansion of the Captain Marvel mythos since she took the name and claimed her stars!

CC sez: So they're wrapping up the "Last of the Marvels" story. I haven't been following it, but I've never bought into the tease that they're going to bring back Mar-Vell. Heck, I don't want them to. He had a great ending, and Carol is Captain Marvel now and always. Those who are reading it, let me know if I get my wish.

CONAN CHRONICLES EPIC COLLECTION: SHADOWS OVER KUSH TPB

DARKHOLD OMEGA #1

Story: Steve Orlando | Art: Cian Tormey | Cover: Joe Bennett | Teen+ | $4.99

THE FATE OF ALL EXISTENCE LIES IN THE HANDS OF FIVE TWISTED MINDS!

Five of the world's greatest heroes - Spider-Man, Black Bolt, Blade, Wasp, and Iron Man - took a chance and read from the cursed Darkhold. They were meant to gain the power to fight back the dread elder god Chthon - but instead they've lost their minds and all they once held dear. Was it worth the cost? And who is their bold new ally - a product of Chthon's dark dimension, or something else entirely? Steve Orlando and Cian Tormey deliver a heart-pounding conclusion to the epic Darkhold event - and introduce a hero who will take the Marvel Universe by storm!

CC sez: Diamond says that cover is by some guy named Joe Bennett, but it sure looks like Chris Bachalo.

ELEKTRA: BLACK WHITE & BLOOD #1 (OF 4)

Parental Advisory | $4.99

Fact •  noun •  fakt - Definition of Fact

1 a: something that has actual existence

b: an actual occurrence

c: ELEKTRA NATCHIOS IS THE BEST ASSASSIN IN THE MARVEL UNIVERSE!

CC sez: And here's somebody channeling Frank Miller. Or maybe John Romita Jr. Or both.

GAMMA FLIGHT TPB

INFERNO #4 (OF 4)

Story: Jonathan Hickman | Art: Valerio Schiti | Covers: Jerome Opena, Pepe Larraz, Davi Go, Jeff Dekal, Peach Momoko, Iban Coello, David Baldeon, Oscar Vega, Guiseppe Camuncoli, UDON | Teen+ | $5.99

This January, Jonathan Hickman’s transformative work on the X-Men mythos comes to end in INFERNO #4. The climactic finale of this highly anticipated limited series will reunite Hickman with artist Valerio Schiti as they team up to put some of mutantkind’s biggest mysteries to rest.

Since the groundbreaking 2019 series House of X and Powers of X, Hickman has reshaped the X-Men franchise and ushered in one of its boldest eras yet. The foundation Hickman built will live on but INFERNO will deliver much anticipated resolutions to some of Krakoa’s long-running plotlines. Fans will see the final outcome to Mystique’s heartbreaking quest to be reunited with Destiny, more revelations from the past lives of Moira MacTaggert, untold secrets behind the very founding of Krakoa, and more all while the unstoppable threat Nimrod finally makes his move.

Check out covers below by superstar artists including Pepe Larraz, Peach Momoko and Jerome Opeña.

CC sez: When Hickman leaves the X-books, so will I. I've enjoyed the ride, but I'm not interested in continuing without the same tour guide. While Inferno #4 is technically the end of "Krakoa Phase One," it looks like the Hickman era is going to stumble on into March with miniseries and one-shots (Lives/Deaths of Wolverine, Giant-Size Nightcrawler). Then "Destiny of X" launches with all the new titles (Immortal X-Men, Knights of X, etc.). I'll probably pick up the first issues of those. But after that, y'all let me know what I'm missing.

MARVEL'S INFINITY SAGA POSTER BOOK PHASE 1 TPB

MARVEL'S INFINITY SAGA POSTER BOOK PHASE 2 TPB

MARVEL-VERSE: MORBIUS TPB

MIGHTY MMW FANTASTIC FOUR VOL 2: MICRO-WORLD TPB

MMW FANTASTIC FOUR VOL 23 HC

MMW INVINCIBLE IRON MAN VOL 14 HC

MOON KNIGHT EPIC COLLECTION: SHADOWS OF MOON TPB NEW PTG

NON-STOP SPIDER-MAN VOL 1: BIG BRAIN PLAY TPB

SHANG-CHI #7

STAR WARS: DOCTOR APHRA #17

THE MARVELS #7

THOR #20

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN OMNIBUS VOL 1 HC NEW PTG

WARHAMMER 40K SISTERS BATTLE #5 (OF 5)

WASTELANDERS: DOOM #1

Story: Torunn Gronbekk | Art: Julius Ohta | Cover: Josemaria Casanovas | Parental Advisory | $3.99

THE ONCE AND FUTURE KING!

DOCTOR DOOM helped wipe out the heroes on the Day the Villains Won, but even as he rules his domain in the Wastelands, a greater destiny calls to him. When a mysterious power blocks his oversight of a particular region, what he discovers will have ripple effects across the WASTELANDERS stories!

CC sez: I've never seen the appeal of this alt-Earth. Everybody we know dead except for some geriatrics? All super-powered heroes dead, with only the Hawkeye types still shuffling around? Bad guys having won, and been in charge for decades, purging America of decent people? Yuch.

Also, why is Doom ruling part of America? Wouldn't he want to remain in his homeland and just make sure the U.S. was no threat? Maybe Wastelanders explains that. If it does, somebody let me know.

X-MEN #6

OTHER PUBLISHERS

2000 AD APRIL 2021 PROG PACK

ACG COLLECTED WORKS: ADVENTURES INTO THE UNKNOWN VOL 14 SOFTEE 

PS Artbooks | $24.99

The "original horror comic" Adventures into the Unknown in our SOFTEE format from PS Artbooks, featuring the issues #78-83 of the seminal '50s title. Just when it got into its stride! With the artistic and storytelling talents of legends such as Ogden Whitney, John Rosenberger, Kurt Schaffenberger, Harry Lazarus, Pete Costanza and Emil Gershwin. They gave us heroes, spacemen, aliens, monsters, ghosts, wizards and witches enough to satisfy all growing ghouls and boys! Collects Adventures into the Unknown #78-83 (November 1956-April 1957).

CC sez: According to Diamond, this is a big week for PS Artbooks, with lots of books shipping. PS Artbooks sends me PR, so yes, I'm going to post them all. Do I believe all of these books will ship? No, I do not. Experience has taught me otherwise. But I buy most of the PS product, so I'm interested. In the meantime, these are, at the very least, in the pipeline.

ACG COLLECTED WORKS: FORBIDDEN WORLDS VOL 14 SOFTEE

PS Artbooks | $24.99

Our glorious FORBIDDEN WORLDS series VOL 14 in our ever popular SOFTEE format, features mind-boggling tales from issues #83-88. The ACG crew were producing even more stunning stories and art from comic book legends such as Ogden Whitney, George Klein, Paul Reinman, John Rosenberger, John Forte, Al Wenzel, Pete Costanza, Kurt Schanberger, Kenneth Landau, John Buscema, George Klein,Harry Lazarus and Leo Morey.

This fourteenth volume covers the ACG title of Forbidden Worlds issues #83-88 from October 1959 to July 1960, all in our super-handy paperback 'softie' format.    

AKASHIC RECORDS OF BASTARD MAGICAL INSTRUCTOR VOL 13 GN

Story/Art by: Taro Hitsuji Aosa Tsunemi | Translation: Ryan Peterson | Adaptation: Bambi Eloriaga-Amago | Lettering: Brandon Bovia | Seven Seas | Teen (13+) | 196 pages | $12.99

A CITY IN PERIL

Glenn’s old rival Jatice has kidnapped Rumia, but that abduction is only the first disaster in a rapidly broadening crisis. One of the kingdom’s legendary heroes, Lazare Asteel, has joined the nefarious Researchers of Divine Wisdom, and he’s got Glenn and everyone at the Academy in his sights. If the Researchers get their way this time, it could spell the doom of all Fejite!

Seven Seas also promises a lot of books this week, and them I believe. They don't send me PR on everything, but what they have, I'm posting.

APOTHECARY DIARIES VOL 4

BAD KITTY FOR PRESIDENT GN

BATTLE ANGEL ALITA VOL 4 GN

BEING A COSPLAYER SC

BEING GINGER SC

BLADE RUNNER 2029 #11

CC sez: I usually get previews of all Titan Comics, but nothing has arrived for this week. Maybe they've changed policies, or maybe it's a holiday glitch. I guess I'll find out for sure next week, if something does, or does not, arrive.

BLUE GIANT OMNIBUS VOL 4 (VOL 7-8)

Story/Art: Shinichi Ishizuka | Seven Seas | Teen (13+) | 398 pages | $19.99

LIVE IN JAPAN

Dai’s band of teenage musicians finally has a name: “Jass,” a throwback to the early days of jazz. They’re pulling in crowds, too, winning their first-ever payday and the jealousy of an older band. But Yukinori isn’t content just to play clubs. He’s got his sights set on the biggest venue in all of Tokyo, hoping to put them on the map with a sensational performance from a group of young unknowns. Yukinori may be a technical genius, and Dai may have a sound no one can match, but with an amateur drummer and limited repertoire, can they really hope to hit the big time?

BORUTO VOL 13: NARUTO NEXT GENERATIONS GN

BOX #4

BYLINES IN BLOOD #1

Story: Van Jensen, Erica Schultz (| Art/Cover: Aneke | Aftershock Comics | $4.99

The future. The very concept of truth has died. Politicians invent their own facts, and independent newspapers no longer exist. In this world, private detectives serve as ronin, searching out the hard truths that people are desperate to keep hidden.

The best of these is Satya, known as Lady Dick, a former journalist turned gumshoe who runs every lead to ground. But Satya has just received her hardest case yet: her old editor has been murdered. Someone wanted him silenced, and the trail points toward the highest bastions of power. To find jus-tice for her friend, she'll have to put everything - and everyone - she knows at risk.

A prophetic neo-noir thriller with unexpected twists at every turn, THE CLARION is co-created by Ringo Award nominated writer Erica Schultz (M3, Forgotten Home, Strange Tails) and comic writer and for-mer newspaper crime reporter Van Jensen (Two Dead, Cryptocracy, Superman: Man of Tomorrow), aided and abetted by Spanish art sensation Aneke (DC Comics Bombshells, Legenderry: Red Sonja).

CHRONICLES OF ARISTOCRAT REBORN IN ANOTHER WORLD VOL 3 GN

Story/Art: Mo Yashu nini | Seven Seas | Teen (13+) | 170 pages | $12.99

GET SET TO IMPRESS!

Cain von Silford was reincarnated as the son of an aristocrat and given immense power and divine protection by mischievous gods. In return for his brave deeds, he has been granted his own mansion by the king at the young age of ten. But his status in this world is not assured – first, he must hold a lavish housewarming party where he will be judged by his fellow aristocrats. And while his power is already so great that he must try to conceal it, what will happen when the king gives him access to the palace’s library of magic books?

COOKIE & KID VOL 2 #3

DEATH BY LIFE #8 (OF 8)

DEMON SLAYER KIMETSU NO YAIBA STORIES WATER & FLAME GN

DIRTBAG RAPTURE #4

DRAGON BALL SUPER VOL 15 GN

EDEN'S ZERO VOL 14 GN

ERO NINJA SCROLLS VOL 2 GN

Story/Art: Haruki | Translation: Molly Rabbitt | Adaptation: Jeffrey Thomas | Lettering: Kai Kyou | Ghost Ship | 152 pages | Mature | $13.99

BLACK SHIPS, BIG DI …

The Ero era is supposed to be peaceful, but times are tough and trade is rough for novice ninja Arakusa. Not only is she falling behind in her sexual training, but her only pupil has been kidnapped right out from under her. Can she rescue him, and save the city of Ero form the Black Ships, or will she fall to the erotic attacks of the American ninja squad?

CC sez: Big ... dips? Big dill pickles? Big dystopias? Dang, I wish they wouldn't be so subtle!

FANTASTIC GIANTS FACSIMILE EDITION (RES)

FEARBOOK CLUB OGN

FOURTH MAN #1 (OF 4)

Story: Jeff McComsey | Art: Lee Loughridge | Art/Cover: Mike Deodato | AWA Studios | $3.99

Three dead bodies lay in a rural morgue - all murdered in the span of three weeks. It's up to two detectives from opposite sides of the tracks to determine who put them there, if the murders are linked and what, if anything, they have to do with a pair of dueling car dealerships. A dark comedy mystery thriller by Jeff McComsey (Grendel, Kentucky) and Mike Deodato Jr. (The Amazing Spider-Man, The Resistance) that is inspired by an outlandish true crime story, The Fourth Man story will keep you guessing till the last page.

FRED PERRY COMMISSIONS ONE-SHOT

GLASS WALL GN

GOLDEN AGE CLASSICS FIGHT COMICS VOL 1 HC

PS Artbooks | $46.99 HC/$56.99 slipcase/$24.99 Softee

Join us, as we delve into the pages of this classic comic from Fiction House featuring the talents of Will Eisner, Lou Fine, George Tuska, Alex Blum, Fred Schwab, Steve Broder, Fletcher Hanks,Maurice Gutwirth, Klaus Nordling, Leonard Frank, William Wills, John Celardo and Charles Sultan.

And remember the ...

1st Rule of FIGHT COMICS: YOU MUST TALK about FIGHT COMICS.

2nd Rule of FIGHT COMICS: YOU MUST TALK SOME MORE about FIGHT COMICS.

3rd Rule of FIGHT COMICS: STOP! GO BUY FIGHT COMICS BEFORE THEY SELL OUT!

4th Rule of FIGHT COMICS: Everybody has to buy FIGHT COMICS.

This first volume features Fiction House's Fight Comics #1-3 (January-March 1940).

HERO LIFE OF SELF PROCLAIMED MEDIOCRE DEMON VOL 1 GN

HORIZON ZERO DAWN LIBERATION #4

HORROR COMICS #8 VAMPIRE NINJA ONO PART 2 OF 2

HOW NOT TO SUMMON DEMON LORD VOL 13 GN

Story/Art: Takahiro Tsurusaki Yukiya Murasaki Naoto Fukuda | Translation: Kumar Sivasubramanian | Adaptation: Lora Gray | Lettering and Retouch: Christa Miesner | Seven Seas | Older Teen+ (15+) |  192 pages | $12.99

STRUGGLE FOR THE STRONGHOLD

The invasion of Zircon Tower heats up! Faced with the Fallen’s overwhelming military might, the defenders of the city, led by Laminitus, seem to be cornered…until Diablo, his crew, and his powerful lightning magic appear! Decked out in new gear from his dungeon, the Demon Lord is ready for his comeback!

INTO DEEPEST MOST UNKNOWABLE DUNGEON VOL 1 GN

Story/Art: KAKERU | Ghost Ship | Mature | 178 pages | $13.99

In this Mature-rated take on the popular isekai fantasy genre, a man journeys into the darkest, squishiest depths of a goblin-filled dungeon in another world!

There is one place that has withstood attempts by every army to conquer it—the city-sized labyrinth known as the Deepest, Most Unknowable Dungeon. But now, after dying on Earth as a young temp worker, Jean is reborn into the world with a fascination for its most infamous dungeon. With the right training and the most carefully chosen set of lustful comrades-in-arms, he may have the chance to accomplish the impossible and become a legend in a new fantasy world!

From the creator of Creature Girls: A Hands-On Field Journal in Another World.

JK HARU IS SEX WORKER IN ANOTHER WORLD VOL 2 GN

Story/Art: Ko Hiratori J-ta Yamada | Ghost Ship | Mature | 160 pages | $13.99

SHE WORKS HARD FOR THE MONEY

Transported to another world where women have few options, Haru is working at the Blue Cat Nocturne brothel while her otaku classmate gets to be an adventurer. The customers often insult and abuse her, but she works hard, keeps her spirits up, and even gets a raise. Sometimes her work is even rewarding, as when naive Sumo loses his virginity to her. But men are just her job — till a mysterious customer who only comes to drink catches her attention.

KAKURIYO BED & BREAKFAST FOR SPIRITS VOL 7 GN

KNIGHTS OF THE DINNER TABLE #289

LOVE ME LOVE ME NOT VOL 12 GN

MAGAIMONO SUPER MAGIC ACTION ENTERTAINMENT VOL 2 GN

Story/Art: Kami Imai | Seven Seas | Older Teen ( 15+) | 248 pages | $12.99

BURIED SECRETS SHALL AWAKEN!

College student Isogi Yuki has plunged into the occult world of the cursed Magaimono, guided by the mysterious magician Oga Mazuya! But the Magaimono are hidden everywhere…including in Yuki herself! The nefarious Magaimono-using Black Blades are closing in, and an ancient cursed power is about to rise from beneath the earth. One magician and his companions stand between mankind and eldritch global domination! FINAL VOLUME.

MANLY APPETITES MINEGISHI LOVES OTSU VOL 3 GN

Story/Art: Mito | Translation: Amber Tamosaitis | Adaptation: Ysabet Reinhardt MacFarlane | Lettering and Retouch: Aila Nagamine | Seven Seas | Teen (13+) | 136 pages | $13.99

LOVE, SWEET LOVE

Otsu likes Minegishi and Minegishi likes Otsu, but their relationship still needs some time in the oven. Just as Otsu is trying to figure out what he should do about the ring dilemma, he spots Minegishi with a girl! Just what does this mean for their budding relationship? Find out in the touching final volume of Manly Appetites! FINAL VOLUME.

MARJORIE FINNEGAN TEMPORAL CRIMINAL #8

MASHLE MAGIC & MUSCLES VOL 4 GN

MORIARTY THE PATRIOT VOL 6 GN

MY ISEKAI LIFE VOL 1 GN

MY LOVE MIX UP VOL 2 GN

NOT ALL ROBOTS #5

OMEGA #1 (OF 4)

Story: Mark Griffiths | Art: John Ridgway | Martin Geraghty | Cutaway Comics | $4.99

From the worlds of Doctor Who, Bob Baker's Omega returns! The people of the planet Minyos are in revolt against their alien gods. This chaos is being stoked by the rogue god Omega, who longs to free himself from his black hole prison and wreak revenge. But brave Princess Malika, last of the Minyan royal family, is determined to fight back. Written by Mark Griffiths with art by Hellblazer and Doctor Who legend John Ridgway.

CC sez: Have you ever been watching some fantasy show or other, and just all of a sudden have a moment of clarity, where you realize you simply don't care about all the made-up cities and politics and names, and that trying to learn them is simply more trouble than it's worth? That's how this description struck me.

ON THE ONE HAND / ON THE OTHER HAND: THE ART AND GRAPHIC STORIES OF R. O. BLECHMAN / THE WRITING OF R. O. BLECHMAN PUBLISHED AND UNPUBLISHED

Fantagraphics | $45.00

By R. O. Blechman

A double-sided book with over 70 years of the wit and wisdom of the iconoclastic artist and author R.O. Blechman!

Many readers will be familiar with Blechman's covers for The New Yorker magazine, more will be familiar with the countless books for children and adults he's illustrated (or written and illustrated) since 1953, and many more will be familiar with his animated Christmas short for CBS, his commercials for Alka-Seltzer, and for his Emmy Award–winning animated presentation, The Soldier's Tale (PBS). On The One Hand / On The Other Hand collects the best of Blechman's writing and drawing from across the breadth of nearly his 70-year career as cartoonist, commentator and iconoclast.

Presented as a handsome double-sided book, On the One Hand includes a portfolio of 17 of Blechman's graphically sublime covers for the fabled Story magazine. On the Other Hand includes a collection of essays that offer his trenchant insights, both playful and profound, on the state of our culture today including his personal perspective on film, theater ("Well, let's be fair to Franz Kafka. Can you blame a cockroach?"), literature, history, politics, social change and his fellow cartoonists and illustrators. Blechman shares his hard-earned insights and personal anecdotes on persisting your way to success ("Second Acts"), on growing older but not surrendering youth ("I'm Not Finished"), and on the constraints that every artist from caveman days to the present must overcome. ("Against those odds, confidence is hard to come by.")

PARALLEL PARADISE VOL 8 GN

Story/Art: Lynn Okamoto | Translation: Thomas Zimmerman | Adaptation: S. Ray | Lettering: Ludwig Sacramento | Ghost Ship | Mature | 208 pages | $13.99

THE WITCH IS BACK!

Trapped in the desert town of Sandrio, Yota is held hostage by its sinister Guardians and used as a breeding stud. Help is on the way as Rumi and her party journey toward him through the sandswept wastes. But as Rumi draws near, a menacing arrival may cut her reunion with Yota short when the evil witch Galia reveals herself at last! She’s got sinister plans, and if she can’t kill the Guardians to get what she wants, she’ll humiliate and degrade them!

POKEMON POCKET COMICS SUN & MOON GN

PRE-CODE CLASSICS: ADVENTURE COMICS VOL 1 HC

PRE-CODE CLASSICS: TERRIFIC HC

PS Artbooks | $46.99 HC / $56.99 slipcase / $24.99 Softee

Art: Don Heck, Pete Morisi, Max Elkan, Rudy Palais, Marty Elkin, Steve Kirkel, Ross Andru, others

Weird Tales of Terror spun by the Master of Horror ‘THE TELLER’ and his Team of Terrors ‘Garry Ghoul, Freddie Demon, Victor Vampire and Walter Werewolf’ whose faces gloriously adorn the covers - the odd thing about these titles is that the publisher was convinced that faces sold comics; he insisted that every issue have some sort of a face dominating the cover, and with Don Heck at the drawing board, his cover artist, he eagerly obliged. It makes Comic Media comics rather noticeable. So with the obvious answer staring you in the face you four-color fiends - go get ‘em pronto!

This first volume features Comic Media's Terrific #14 (December 1954) and issues #9-12 (January-July 1953).

RAGNA CRIMSON VOL 4 GN

RISE OF THE DJINN #2 (OF 3)

SILVER AGE CLASSICS: KONA: MONARCH MONSTER ISLE VOL 2

PS Artbooks | $46.99 HC/$56.99 slipcase/$24.99 Softee

KONA saves the lives of Dr. Henry Dodd, his daughter Mary and his grand children Mason and Lily after the group crashes their army surplus airship on the prehistoric Pacific island MONSTER ISLE!

Befriending them, KONA becomes their protector and saves them from many huge array of monsters — such as giant cats, strange and dangerous creatures from the ocean depths, giant red ants and with only primitive weapons their only hope.

Scripted by Don Segall and drawn by Sam Glanzman, who was best known for his Charlton Comics series about the mythological Greek demigod, Hercules. Featuring some superbly painted covers are by Victor Prezio, one of the most prolific and underrated pulp magazine and dime novel cover illustrators of the post WWII era.

This second volume features the Dell title of Kona  issues #5-8 from January/March to October/December 1963. Also features the bonus issue of Reptilicus issue #2 from October 1961.

SILVER AGE CLASSICS: MYSTERIES OF UNEXPLORED WORLDS VOL 1 HC

PS Artbooks | $46.99 HC / $56.99 slipcase / $24.99 Softee

PS Artbooks presents another Silver Age Classic with this ‘Bobby Dazzler’ straight from the Charlton vaults — MYSTERIES OF UNEXPLORED WORLDS Vol 1, which mixes a concoction of fantastic fantasy-supernatural tales and mind-blowing science fiction stories from a roster of writers and artists that includes the truly remarkable and now late lamented Steve Ditko, together with Bill Molno, Dick Giordano, Charles Nicholas and Rocco Mastroserio. All here, reproduced completely from cover to cover as they should be — just like the original comic! So if your mom tells you that you’re restricted to just one comic book this week then this baby is for you, no question.

This first volume features Charlton's Mysteries of Unexplored Worlds #1-5 (August-October 1957).

SNOW WHITE WITH THE RED HAIR VOL 17 GN

SO FAR SO GOOD GN

Story:Jan Novak | Art: Jaromir99 | Centrala | $35.00

The story of the Ma n brothers and their band waging guerilla war against the Communist regime in the early 1950s could be the most dramatic Czech tale of the 20th century. After their activities in Czechoslovakia, these five young men headed west - facing off against twenty thousand East German Volkspolizei and shooting their way to freedom.

CC sez: There are probably a million stories of heroism, heartbreak, cowardice and more from Eastern Europe in the years it was dominated by the Soviet Union. Sadly, we will never know most of them, since the one thing authoritarian regimes are good at is suppressing information. Happily, here's one that was preserved.

SPACE CORPS #3 (OF 3)

TALE OF THE OUTCASTS VOL 4 GN

Story/Art: Makoto Hoshino Translation: Elina Ishikaw | Adaptation: Ysabet Reinhardt MacFarlane | Lettering:  Brendon Hull | Seven Seas | Teen (13+) | 192 pages | $12.99

WHEN LIGHT AND DARKNESS CLASH

After so long on the run, Marbus and his allies finally face the Sword Cross Knights, and the power of the Thirteen Calamities of the Wasteland is revealed. As Marbus and his friends struggle to defend themselves, more miracles emerge from the conflict.

TIME STOP HERO VOL 3 GN

Story/Art: Yasunori Mitsunaga | Seven Seas | Older Teen (15+) | 160 pages | $12.99

IT’S PARTY TIME!

Completing the quests in this fantasy world should have been as easy as a walkthrough for Sekai, given his incredible cheat power of stopping time itself. But when the King of Darkness arises with magic enough to blot out the sun, even Sekai needs help from a party of adventurers to clear the level and save the day from eternal night!

TRESE VOL 3: MASS MURDERS GN

TWIN STAR EXORCISTS ONMYOJI VOL 24 GN

UNDEAD UNLUCK VOL 5 GN

WEST #1

Story: John Grund | Art/Cover: John Grund | Uncivilized | $6.00

Mo and Sal live and work on a farm selling their harvest at city farmers' markets, practicing magic, and smoking herbs with their cat, Jynx. As society becomes over-reliant on technology, magic is quickly dying out, and industry pushes smaller farms out of the picture. Sal and Mo struggle to keep the land they've worked so hard to cultivate. To make ends meet, they concoct a heist on the most prominent tech corporation in the West, Solomon Corps. Their plans are thrown in disarray when a shocking discovery in the depths of Solomon's factories leads them on a quest to uncover a conspiracy that reaches far and wide. The boys must scramble to find people sympathetic to their cause. Metallic silver ink cover

XAL KOR THE RETURN COMIC/ PROSE HYBRID

YUUNA & HAUNTED HOT SPRINGS VOL 17 GN

Story/Art: Tadahiro Miura | Ghost Ship | Older Teen (17+) | 202 pages | $12.99

DREAM A LITTLE DREAM OF ME

It’s time for the school trip, and all the girls are vying to get close to Kogarashi. But he just wants to have a good time, and as he’s a psychic trouble-magnet, he seeks it away from the gang. The fortune-teller Ryuzen uses her magic to show Chisaki that one day her wildest fantasies will come true! That is, if Kogarashi loses his powers and all the other girls sacrifice everything they ever had! The future is in her heart, and her hands!

CC sez: One of the cool things about posting a clutch of manga all at once is getting a taste of the breathtaking variety of topics. From science fiction to bizarre fantasy adventures to rom-com to gay coming-of-age to soft porn, there's pretty much something for everyone. 

MAGAZINES

DOCTOR WHO MAGAZINE #563

NON SPORT UPDATE VOL 32 #6

PS ARTBOOK MAGAZINE PRESENTS: H. RIDER HAGGARD'S SHE

Story/Art: H. Rider Haggard, Henry Kiefer, Vincent Napoli

Stories by Famous Authors Illustrated #3 presents SHE by H. Rider Haggard (as Sir Rider Haggard) adapted by Dick Davis, with artwork by Henry Kiefer and Vincent Napoli. This is the world famous and renowned fantastical adventure featuring Leo Vincey, who told by his dying uncle of a lost land visited 500 years ago by his ancestor, heads out with family friend Horace Holly to try to discover the land and its secret of immortality, said to be contained within a mystic fire. Eventually they stumble upon Kor, revealed to be a hidden civilization ruled over by an immortal queen, called She, who believes Vincey is her long-lost lover John Vincey, Leo's ancestor.

This single issue covers the SEABOARD PUBLISHING — Stories by Famous Authors Illustrated : ISSUE #3 ‘SHE’

PS ARTBOOK MAGAZINE PRESENTS: TOR

Story/Art: Joe Kubert, Norman Maurer, Mort Meskin

TOR the prehistoric warrior, is a loner whose only true friend is his pet monkey, Chee-Chee. Joe Kubert described Tor as superior to the others in his clan, with an extra spark of humanity, who was instinctively striving for a better, more civilized way of life and with thanks to the work and obvious love that went into the series, what might have become a standard adventure strip, with man battling monster within the unusual prehistoric-world settings and situations was actually elevated to ART! We’re absolutely positive your gonna love the thrills, adventure and danger that lurked on prehistoric earth everywhere one million years ago!

This single issue covers the ST JOHN — 3D COMICS issue 2a & 2c 3D Comic Size Editions.

RUE MORGUE MAGAZINE #204

SCREAM MAGAZINE #66

BOOKS

BISLEY SKETCHES PRELIMS & DOODLES HC LMT ED

CROSS DRESSING VILLAINESS CICILIA SYLVIE LN VOL 1 SC

DARK SHADOWS LIB NOVEL VOL 23: BARNABAS & SCORPIO CURSE PB

DC SUPER HEROES: BATMAN SWAMPED BY CROC PICTUREBACK

DRAWING THE PAST VOL 1: COMICS  & HIST IMAGINATION IN US SC

DRAWING THE PAST VOL 2: COMICS & HIST IMAGINATION WORLD SC

HOW FAST IS FLASH LEVEL 2 READER

MOONSTONE TRIPLE THREAT PROSE SC

SEGA MEGA DRIVE & GENESIS ENCYCLOPEDIA HC

SKETCHING FROM THE IMAGINATION STORYTELLING SC

STAR TREK DISCOVERY BOOK OF GRUDGE BOOKS CAT HC

STAR WARS HIGH REPUBLIC NOVEL: FALLEN STAR HC

STAR WARS HIGH REPUBLIC NOVEL: RISING STORM SC

TRAPPED IN DATING SIM WORLD OTOME GAMES NOVEL VOL 4 SC

Story/Art: Yomu Mishima Monda | Translation: Alyssa Orton-Niioka | Adaptation: C.A. Hawksmoor | Interior Design & Layout: Clay Gardner | Seven Seas | Teen (13+) | 332 pages | $14.99

REINCARNATION ROUND TWO

Leon heads off to study abroad in the Alzer Republic, accompanied by Marie and the idiot brigade (a.k.a., her love interests). Leon’s just praying that Marie keeps her hands to herself—if she meddles in the plot of the sequel, she may force him to save the world. Again. Unfortunately, the original story has already flown off the rails. The new protagonist has a twin sister who wasn’t in the game! On top of that, some high and mighty noble’s son, backed by the power of Alzer’s Holy Tree, is baring his fangs at Leon. If Leon ever wants that quiet country life, he’ll have to seize the reins of a whole new story.

UNNAMED MEMORY LIGHT NOVEL VOL 4 SC

VISIONS 2021 ILLUSTRATORS BOOK SC

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• OMEGA #1 (OF 4)

Story: Mark Griffiths | Art: John Ridgway | Martin Geraghty | Cutaway Comics | $4.99

From the worlds of Doctor Who, Bob Baker's Omega returns! The people of the planet Minyos are in revolt against their alien gods. This chaos is being stoked by the rogue god Omega, who longs to free himself from his black hole prison and wreak revenge. But brave Princess Malika, last of the Minyan royal family, is determined to fight back. Written by Mark Griffiths with art by Hellblazer and Doctor Who legend John Ridgway.

CC sez: Have you ever been watching some fantasy show or other, and just all of a sudden have a moment of clarity, where you realize you simply don't care about all the made-up cities and politics and names, and that trying to learn them is simply more trouble than it's worth? That's how this description struck me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Omega was the stellar engineer  who gave the Time Lords the power source that they needed to perfect their control of time travel, but was trapped in a world of anti-matter in the process.  Feeling abandoned, he sought revenge on the Time Lords on at least two occasions.

He was created for Doctor Who by writers Bob Baker and Dave Martin (a.k.a "The Bristol Boys" for the (First, Second and) Third Doctor story "The Three Doctors" (1972).  

The Minyans (and their planet Minyos) were a primitive race whose development the Time Lords attempted to accelerate.  the Minyans nearly detroyed themselves using the technology they received and drove the Time Lords out at gunpoint.  This led to the Time Lords taking a vow not to interfere in the affairs of other planets.* 

The Minyans first appeared in the Fourth Doctor story "Underworld" (1978), also written by the Bristol Boys.

John Ridgway is legendary (in the U.K., at least , for his work on Doctor Who comic strips.

*The similarity to the origin of Marvel's Watchers has been noted.  The Time Lords and their vow of noninterference first appeared in the 1969 Second Doctor story "The War Games", written by Terrance Dicks and Malcolm Hulke.

• "Now if we could only convince DC to begin Silver Age Omnibus series for Batman (1964 on) and Superman (1958 on), and to collect all the Golden Age Aquaman and Green Arrow backup series (1941-61 and 1941-63, respectively), and maybe Johnny Quick, Robotman and Congorilla ... but nah, now I'm just dreaming."

I couldn't agree more. Unfortunately, that applies to the "just dreaming" part, too. I don't know what it is with DC these days refusing to release archival material of the flagship characters.

"If his covers can't sell a  comic book, I don't know what can."

Better art and stories inside perhaps...?

"So they're wrapping up the 'Last of the Marvels' story. I haven't been following it, but I've never bought into the tease that they're going to bring back Mar-Vell. Heck, I don't want them to. He had a great ending, and Carol is Captain Marvel now and always. Those who are reading it, let me know if I get my wish."

I've been reading this one. I'll post something to the "What Comics Have You Read Today?" discussion. I felt the same way about Bucky, but that actually turned out okay. I don't consider anything Marvel publishes these days "canon" anyway, so I'm okay with them bringing Captain Marvel back if they do it right

"According to Diamond, this is a big week for PS Artbooks, with lots of books shipping... Do I believe all of these books will ship? No, I do not."

I, OTOH, do. PSArtbooks generally dump all at the same time. I don't buy any of the "softees" though (but I will when the Frankenstein ones ship, two of which are way behind their solicit dates, but that's typical of PSArtbooks, too). It seems they have shipped to a largely "softee-only" plan. I doubt I'll ever catch up to Adventures into the Unknown or Forbidden Worlds, but I am so far behind reading them I'm not all that broken up about it, because I'll likely never get caught up to reading the ones I already have, either.

• Jeff of Earth-J said:

"Now if we could only convince DC to begin Silver Age Omnibus series for Batman (1964 on) and Superman (1958 on), and to collect all the Golden Age Aquaman and Green Arrow backup series (1941-61 and 1941-63, respectively), and maybe Johnny Quick, Robotman and Congorilla ... but nah, now I'm just dreaming."

I couldn't agree more. Unfortunately, that applies to the "just dreaming" part, too. I don't know what it is with DC these days refusing to release archival material of the flagship characters.

Well, DC has the archive material. If there isn't enough demand for ANY reprinted book they will lose money. This is why they print Archives/Omnibi of a series and then abruptly stop when sales decline. I'm still waiting for The Flash: The Silver Age Omnibus Vol. 4.

• I think help is on the way.  I was bummed when the Golden Age Batman Omnibus series seemed to come to an end.  It appears that DC is replacing it with a Silver Age series, although it will take a while to get to 1964.

9979075673?profile=RESIZE_710xThis is due in July 2022.

“The Caped Crusader is known for protecting the streets of Gotham from the villains who wish to cause harm. Follow along on some of his most adventurous tales in Batman: The Silver Age Omnibus Vol. 1 collecting Batman #101-116 and Detective Comics #233-257!”

Batman is the only series I am currently collecting/completing.  I’ve filled in most of my Silver Age holes with Showcase Presents/Essentials, and what I’m missing, I can live without.  But so much of early Silver Age Batman has never been reprinted, and I’ve always enjoyed 1950s Batman from reprints (e.g., 80 page giants, 1960s reprint paperbacks, and the pre-New Look issues I own).  Really, is “fighting space aliens” any crazier than some of the stuff Batman does today? Of course, I’d consider Silver Age Superman/Superboy if that became available—there’s a lot of unreprinted stuff there as well.  

I think we may eventually get all of the Silver Age Batman in the Omnibus format.  What I’m afraid we may never get are the issues of Star Spangled Comics not reprinted in Robin Archives 1 & 2.  Archive #2 ends with #105, and Robin continued until #130.  

Richard Willis said:

Jeff of Earth-J said:

"Now if we could only convince DC to begin Silver Age Omnibus series for Batman (1964 on) and Superman (1958 on), and to collect all the Golden Age Aquaman and Green Arrow backup series (1941-61 and 1941-63, respectively), and maybe Johnny Quick, Robotman and Congorilla ... but nah, now I'm just dreaming."

Well, DC has the archive material. If there isn't enough demand for ANY reprinted book they will lose money. This is why they print Archives/Omnibi of a series and then abruptly stop when sales decline. I'm still waiting for The Flash: The Silver Age Omnibus Vol. 4.

• If and when there's a Batman the Golden Age Omnibus Vol 10, it would catch up to the Silver Age Omnibus above, if my math's right. I sure hope that trade dress isn't final though -- can't say I care for it.

• Captain,

I didn’t bother to check, but we do need a vol. 10.  The gap would be Batman #86-100 and Detective #211-232. Egads, we can’t have that.

• SILVER AGE WONDER WOMAN OMNIBUS: DC has changed their trade dress again!

PS ARTBOOK PRODUCT DUMP:

Terrific (single volume)

Unexplored Worlds Vol. 1

Fight Comics Vol. 1

Classic Adventure Comics Vol. 1

Classic Sci-Fi Comics Vol. 2

All of those hardcovers shipped today; I don't track the "softees."

• The Baron said:

Omega was the stellar engineer  who gave the Time Lords the power source that they needed to perfect their control of time travel, but was trapped in a world of anti-matter in the process.  Feeling abandoned, he sought revenge on the Time Lords on at least two occasions ...

Thanks for the background, Baron. I know very little Whovian history.

And I hope you don't think I was insulting the good Doctor! I was just expressing my fantasy TV fatigue. So many shows are building worlds from the same template, with a flurry of made-up names, places and politics. I made the effort with Game of Thrones to learn the details, and it enriched the viewing experience. But with each succeeding Game of Thrones wannabe it seems more like work than fun.

All of those hardcovers shipped today; I don't track the "softees."

The only Softees (sometimes Softies, even in the publisher's own PR) I get are Forbidden Worlds and Adventures into the Unknown, which I guess I've (subconsciously) committed to. The others appear to be -- and I haven't confirmed this -- the "paperback" versions of already published hardbacks, like Planet Comics vols 1-9. But like you, I will get the Frankenstein Softies/Softees to complete the run when they ship. If there are other titles that are Softee-only, I guess I've missed them.

As to the shipping, I get my PS Artbooks from Westfield Comics, and I usually get them in clumps of two or three, one clump (or none) a month. I didn't know they shipped to comic shops all at once. My LCS doesn't carry them at all, except by special order. Now I know! 

The gap would be Batman #86-100 and Detective #211-232. Egads, we can’t have that.

We most certainly can not! If DC fails to create a Vol. 10, I vote we march!

• "I will get the Frankenstein Softies/Softees to complete the run when they ship."

Both volumes are past their solicit dates (which, in itself, isn't unusual), but guess what I found out today? PSArtbooks has now solicited a slip-cased edition of the two softees. I would much rather have a slipcase than two paperbacks to shelf next to my hardcovers, but I've already pre-ordered the individual softees. AARRGGHH!!

• Geez. Same. Good grief! It’s hard out there for a comics fan!

This reply was deleted.