BASILISK #8

FAITHLESS III #2

ONCE & FUTURE VOL 4 TPB

POWER RANGERS #17

REGARDING THE MATTER OF OSWALD'S BODY #5

DARK HORSE COMICS

ADORA & THE DISTANCE TPB

THE ALL-NIGHTER TPB

Story :  Chip Zdarsky | Art: Jason Loo | Letterer: Aditya Bidikar | Colorist: Paris Alleyne | Cover Artist: Jason Loo | 136 pages | $19.99

The Eisner award-winning creative team that brought you AFTERLIFT—writer Chip Zdarsky, artist Jason Loo, colorist Paris Alleyne, letterer Aditya Bidikar, and editor Alison O’Toole — are reuniting for an all-new comic book about vampires who sometimes moonlight as superheroes. The comiXology Originals series The All-Nighter arrives digitally in 2022 and will also be in print from Dark Horse Books. The All-Nighter is currently in development as an original series for Amazon Studios with executive producer Jordan Feiner.

“Working on AFTERLIFT was an amazing experience, especially getting to see the beautiful pages coming in from Jason, Paris and Aditya!" said Zdarsky. “I knew I wanted to work with them again immediately, and I’m super grateful that we have the chance with The All-Nighter! It’s a ton of fun and I hope everyone loves it as much as I do!”

Welcome to The All-Nighter, the only diner in town where you can get coffee and a meal from sunset to sunrise! The staff are friendly (kind of) and happy to serve you (sometimes), and it would never cross their minds to drink their customers’ blood.

Alex is bored — flipping burgers for strangers all night is no way for a vampire to live. But he and his fellow vampires Joy, Cynthia and Ian have agreed to blend into human society. Inspired by superhero movies, one of the few passions in his un-life, Alex decides to don a cape and start fighting bad guys. But his decision will have bigger consequences than he realizes — for himself and for everyone he wants to protect.

"I'm really excited to be part of a series that offers a unique and really fun take on the superhero genre,” says Loo. “Every issue has a surprise that will get readers hooked and wondering: 'who's gonna show up next?!' "

The All-Nighter is a story about the importance of found family and the dangers of pretending to be someone other than who you are,'' said Chip Mosher, Head of Content of comiXology. “Chip Zdarsky and Jason Loo have brought their A game to their fun and fast-paced take on superheroes. It’s a terrific follow up to their Eisner Award-winning AFTERLIFT and I'm thrilled to see the story showcased in digital and print.”

The All-Nighter is in development as an original series with Amazon Studios.

• I thought it was clever of Anne Rice when I first read Interview with a Vampire back in high school, when one of the lead vampires was revealed to be a rock star. I thought: What a perfect way for a vampire to live, and live well, right out in the open! I don't remember if Rice explored this, but I'll bet groupies would even let him have some blood and think it was all part of the act. He could hypnotize them to forget any painful parts, and he wouldn't have to lift a finger, as they'd come to him! And nobody would think twice about him sleeping all day and partying all night.
  • I suppose this is a low-rent version of that idea, since a night worker at a diner wouldn't be expected to be seen in the day. But it's a little dicier, because a short-order cook doesn't have the layers of security a rock star does. (If he's sleeping in the diner, a random delivery guy might open a door at the wrong time.) And his shifts would have to move with the sun/daylight savings time, which might be suspicious to any regulars. And he'd have to do his own daytime errands somehow, without the army of handlers a rock star has. Still, I suppose it's a better unlife than living in a coffin in an abandoned abbey.
  • Now, if I were a vampire, and I couldn't achieve rock star, I'd go with bartender rather than short-order cook. Bartenders work nights, too. And drunk people sometimes don't make it home, so you could pick one off now and then without suspicion. And, again, the victims would come to you, and drunk people don't put up much of a fight. And people drinking beer are less likely to put together any clues about your "lifestyle" than people drinking coffee.
  • Wait. I'm overthinking this, aren't I?

ASSASSIN'S CREED VALHALLA: FORGOTTEN MYTHS #1

Dark Horse Comics and Ubisoft team up again to journey into the world of Assassin’s Creed in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla: Forgotten Myths. Penned by Alex Freed (Dragon Age: The Silent Grove, Anthem), illustrated by Martin Tunica (Assassin’s Creed Valhalla: Song of Glory), colored by Michael Atiyeh (Halo: Escalation, HYPER SCAPE), and lettered by Jimmy Betancourt (HYPER SCAPE, Batman) with covers by Rafael Sarmento (Stanger Things: Tomb of Ybwen), Assassin’s Creed Valhalla: Forgotten Myths is a prequel story to the upcoming game Assassin’s Creed Valhalla: Dawn of Ragnarök!

Thor, Baldr and Heimdall have discovered trouble lurking at Asgard’s borders once again. A mighty fire giant from Muspelheim is threatening the land of the Æsir. In the aftermath of the raging battle, Baldr discovers that the Muspels are now massing at the gates of Svartalfheim and begins a journey to bring peace to the realms.

Praise for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla: Song of Glory:

Assassin's Creed Valhalla: Song of Glory is a great introduction to the character of Eivor and her world.” – DC Comics News

“Overall this was a solid introduction to the world of Valhalla …” – Comicbook.com

• First issue!

AVATAR THE LAST AIRBENDER: NORTH & SOUTH OMNIBUS TPB

CLOAKED #4

EC ARCHIVES: TERROR ILLUSTRATED HC

• Yes, yes, yes! Can't wait!

EXO: LEGEND OF WALE WILLIAMS VOL 2 TPB

MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE: REVELATION TPB

SECRET LAND TPB

SWORD OF HYPERBOREA #3

WORST DUDES TPB

DC COMICS

ABSOLUTE SWAMP THING BY ALAN MOORE VOL 3 HC

BATMAN VOL 5: FEAR STATE HC

BATMAN/SUPERMAN: WORLD'S FINEST #1

Cover to Batman/Superman: World’s Finest #1 by Waid, Mora, Bonvillain and Bidikar

Buckle up, it's time to soar.

The Dark Knight. The Man of Steel. They are the two finest superheroes that the world has ever known ... and they're together again in an epic new series from the legendary talents of Mark Waid, Dan Mora, Tamra Bonvillain and Aditya Bidikar! It's the world's greatest superheroes from the world's greatest comic book talent in an epic comic book experience that kicks off the next big events in the DCU! Here’s a look into the run ahead of launch:

Batman/Superman: World’s Finest #1 interiors by Waid, Mora, Bonvillain and Bidikar

In the not-too-distant past, Superman's powers are dangerously super-charged following an attack by the villain Metallo ... and the only ally that the ultra-powerful Man of Tomorrow can turn to in this turbulent hour is Gotham's own dark vengeance: The Batman. A near-fatal burst of power drives Bruce Wayne to his own extreme measures to help his friend ... enlisting none other than The Doom Patrol for help.

By chapter two of World's Finest it's danger and intrigue (and the surprise appearance of Deadman) as Batman works with Niles Caulder — the Chief in charge of that strange band of misfits known as The Doom Patrol — to cure Superman of his freakish transformations!

Cover to Batman/Superman: World’s Finest #2 by Waid, Mora, Bonvillain and Bidikar

In chapter three, a side mission to track a shadowy figure has Waid, Mora, Bonvillain and Bidikar taking readers on a twisted time-travel tale of titanic tenure! In an attempt to get to the bottom of the mystery, Robin the Boy Wonder and the Supergirl of Krypton venture back in time to China circa 1600 B.C. — running headfirst into the ancient superheroes known as the House of Ji! Meanwhile, Superman and Batman are losing a race against time to save their fellow superheroes from the schemes of a new villain … one simply known as THE DEVIL NEZHA.

Cover to Batman/Superman: World’s Finest #3 by Waid, Mora, Bonvillain and Bidikar

Batman/Superman: World’s Finest #1 by Mark Waid, Dan Mora, Tamra Bonvillain and Aditya Bidikar arrives in comic book shops and on participating digital platforms on Tuesday March 15. The 32-page launch issue will contain no house ads and will include Waid, Mora, Bonvillain and Bidikar’s story from Detective Comics #1050.

• First issue!
  • I have to admit this title gives me a warm flush of nostalgia. I can still remember the days when I had no idea why World's Finest carried that name, any more than I knew why Marvel had a title named Journey into Mystery, instead of just being called "Thor."
  • Although I have to admit that the Li'l Cap'n never could figure out what use the '60s Batman could be to Superman. Maybe he could be useful as a detective here or there, I figured, but every month seemed a stretch. I'm not sure Ed Hamilton, et al, ever convinced me. World's Finest in those days was more of a Super-book than a Bat-book.
  • And look! The original Doom Patrol! As much as I consider Grant Morrison's take on the characters a quantum leap forward (and HBO Max evidently agrees), some part of my brain misses the old Arnold Drake version of the team. I remember as a boy trying to find copies of My Greatest Adventure before issue #86, and  when I found one, discovering to my delight that Doom Patrol didn't stretch back into the Long-Before Time (like most DC characters) and that I already had most of the series. Happy days.
  • And look! Jimmy Olsen in his '60s jacket and bow tie! Methinks Waid is going for a Silver Age feel on this book, and who better?
  • Now let's see if it sells.

BATMAN: THE KNIGHT #3 (OF 10)

BATMAN: THE PENGUIN TPB

BATMAN'S GRAVE: THE COMPLETE COLLECTION TPB

BLUE & GOLD #7

CATWOMAN #41

DC HORROR PRESENTS: SOUL PLUMBER #6 (OF 6)

DETECTIVE COMICS #1057

FLASH #780

HELLBLAZER VOL 26: CURSE OF THE CONSTANTINES TPB

JUSTICE LEAGUE #74

NIGHTWING #90

REFRIGERATOR FULL OF HEADS #5 (OF 6)

ROBINS #5 (OF 6)

SUPERMAN/BATMAN OMNIBUS VOL 2 HC

TITANS UNITED #7 (OF 7)

WONDER WOMAN #785

WONDER WOMAN: EVOLUTION #5 (OF 8)

DYNAMITE ENTERTAINMENT

INVINCIBLE RED SONJA #8

JENNIFER BLOOD #6

NYX #5

IDW PUBLISHING

SLEEPING BEAUTIES #10

STAR TREK CLASSICS: MIRROR UNIVERSE SAGA TPB

USAGI YOJIMBO #27

IMAGE COMICS

A MAN AMONG YE VOL 2 TPB

THE CLAY PEOPLE'S COLOSSUS #1 ONE-SHOT

Top Cow Productions, Inc., the company behind Witchblade,The Darkness and Wanted, has partnered with EP1T0ME Studios, Inc. to co-produce and publish The Clay People’s Colossus.

Colossus, penned by Matt Hawkins (Think Tank) and illustrated by Christian DiBari (Magdalena), introduces a biracial teenager in middle America who, thanks to his grandfather’s last wish, unleashes an otherworld of hurt onto his tormentors.

Colossus was inspired by The Clay People’s song of the same name. Richard Leibowitz, EP1T0ME’s President, said: “The song means different things to different people; the more we heard it, the more we envisioned a story about an underdog with newfound, out-of-control power and the ramifications that using it would bring.”

EP1T0ME invites curious readers to visit their website and sign up for updates. The first 100 signups will receive a digital copy of The Clay People’s latest album and the next 500 sign ups will receive a digital copy of the single, Colossus.

"After Rich [Leibowitz] pitched Colossus, I listened to the song and the lyrics really spoke to me," said Matt Hawkins, President at Top Cow. "My sons are biracial, so the story made me think; so much so that I offered to write it myself. Intolerance, drug addiction, poverty, and boredom pave a perfect storm for a revenge tale of grisly proportions!"

Dan Neet, The Clay People’s frontman, said: “I wrote the song during a dark time; I can’t believe it’s coming to life for all of our fans and others to see.”

Top Cow and EP1T0ME previously partnered on the critically acclaimed St. Mercy.

• So, this is based on a song? I'm not sure that's really a plus. I'll reserve judgment, tho.

DEEP BEYOND VOL 2 TPB

HOME SICK PILOTS #13

JOE HILL RAIN #3

KING SPAWN #8

RADIANT BLACK VOL 2 TPB

RIGHTEOUS THIRST FOR VENGEANCE VOL 1 TPB

SECOND CHANCES TPB

Up-and-coming writer Ricky Mammone and artist Max Bertolini (The Witcher, Nathan Never) bring the psychedelic, action-packed noir Second Chances to trade paperback. The collected edition will be comprised of issues #1-4 of the series.

"We're really excited to have the trade paperback come out, especially since this will be the best way to read Second Chances — uninterrupted and with some bonus features in the back," said Mammone.

Second Chances Hotline — call now and get a new identity! All you need is some cash, a proper referral and a very good reason to start over.

Second Chances follows main character Leblanc, the man behind the hotline. The intigue begins when Leblanc is approached by a shady figure from his past and forced to accept a new client who doesn’t meet any of the requirements — a client with chemically induced amnesia in desperate need of protection.

Bertolini added: "Second Chances graphically was a long and fascinating journey in which I poured all my love for Leblanc, I thoroughly explored the graphic possibilities offered by black and white and I dug into my soul to bring to light all the feelings necessary to tell the story. Now all this can be seen with a single fabulous psychedelic gallop."

Second Chances serves up John Wick action wrapped in a French New Wave fever dream atmosphere and is a must read for any fan of crime noir.

• I like the art. Puts me in mind of Warren magazines in their heyday.

SILVER COIN #10

SLUMBER #1

From the twisted minds of writer Tyler Burton Smith (Kung Fury, Child’s Play) and rising-star artist Vanessa Cardinali springs the forthcoming horror/thriller Slumber.

"Slumber is an exploration of the surreal world of dreams that is meant to be as weird, funny, unsettling and unpredictable as the wildest dreams that we've all experienced," said Smith. "Vanessa's artwork is the perfect marriage of these elements to bring this crazy story to life."

In Slumber, readers meet Stetson — a nightmare hunter and a dream detective. She runs a shoddy back-alley business where she helps clients sleep at night by entering their dreams and killing their nightmares. But Stetson’s past comes back to haunt her when she tracks down a literal living nightmare — a serial killer that murders people in their sleep.

Cardinali added: "Working on Slumber gave me the delightful opportunity to bring to life all the weird, surreal and psychedelic worlds that Tyler has imagined. This is a wildly original story peppered with unexpected humor and heart. I hope readers enjoy it half as much as I enjoyed drawing it."

• Narratively speaking, dreams are like magic: Since there are no rules, it's difficult to maintain any suspense. Got a problem? Abra kadabra, it's gone. Or if the protagonist can only sometimes abra kadabra something away, the reader's suspension of disbelief is endangered. Either way, as one of the Captain's rules says, "if anything can happen, nobody cares what eventually does." Let's hope this book sidesteps that problem.

THE SCORCHED #3

Covers: Francesco Mattina, Todd McFarlane (connecting cover to 3 upcoming THE SCORCHED covers)

Todd McFarlane is paying homage to Jim Lee’s historic X-MEN #1 cover beginning with THE SCORCHED Issue #3. McFarlane has revealed the artwork for the first cover and announced he will be drawing three more connecting covers in the coming months. THE SCORCHED issues #3 through #6 will all connect to create one stunning piece of artwork to help celebrate SPAWN’s 30th year anniversary this year.

McFarlane said: “Over the years, I have what seems like hundreds of homage/parody covers based on my artwork. So, it is always fun to turn the tables and do an homage to other covers and artists whose work I have admired. This will mark my first attempt at tipping my hat to my friend Jim Lee’s amazing art. His career and the images he has given us have been an inspiration for many. I thought this image would be the best way to pay tribute to his talents.”

McFarlane’s THE SCORCHED #1 launched in January 2022, bringing together the shared universe of SPAWN’s best characters for three decades and putting them together into one title. It set the sales record for the “Biggest New Team Book” from the past 30 years. In addition to McFarlane, the creative team on the record-breaking title includes the creative team of writer Sean Lewis and artist Stephen Segovia.

• You know, I took classes in tort law in college. And using someone else's intellectual property for three consecutive issues of a periodical is the very definition of illegal use. Maybe things have changed since then. Still feels like plagiarism to me.

STILLWATER: THE ESCAPE #1 ONE-SHOT

Today Image/Skybound announced Stillwater: The Escape #1, a new one-shot special issue of the hit horror series from the Eisner Award winning team of Chip Zdarsky and Ramón K Pérez.

They say no one ever dies in Stillwater and that no one gets to leave ... but even for the ones who have freed themselves of the town, is there truly any escaping Stillwater?

This 40-page, supersized special tackles so many of the biggest questions you’ve asked that Chip Zdarsky and Ramón Pérez assembled a dream team of acclaimed creators to bring you the answers before the final chapter of Stillwater begins. Ethan Young, Jason Loo, Andrew Wheeler and Soo Lee all collaborate on The Escape.

“Working on Stillwater has been a dream come true,” said Zdarsky. “But with an entire town of possible stories, it felt selfish keeping them all to ourselves, so Ramón and I are super excited to have these extremely talented creators exploring some of the eternal citizens of Stillwater!”

"Truly there is no bigger compliment than to have creators play in the sandbox you’ve helped realize,” added Pérez. “I’m altogether flattered and excited to share what this wonderful array of talented creators has added to the mythos of Stillwater.”

“It was a lot of fun creating a cast of new characters in the town of Stillwater and following their own experiences through the 'in-story' decades of events Chip and Ramón established,” said Jason Loo, the creator behind this first look. “My story introduces the Chung family, Chinese immigrants who have been there since the beginning.”

“This creative team has created something truly special that delivers with every single issue, leaving you wanting more, in the best way possible, of this deeply fleshly-out world.” — Comicon.com

TIME BEFORE TIME #11

THE WALKING DEAD DELUXE #35

WHAT’S THE FURTHEST PLACE FROM HERE #5

MARVEL COMICS

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #92.BEY

AVENGERS #54

CAPTAIN AMERICA LIVES OMNIBUS HC NEW PTG

CARNAGE #1

Story: Ram V | Art: Francesco Manna | Cover: Kendrik “Kunkka” Lim

The killer celebration for Carnage’s 30th anniversary is just beginning! In the aftermath of CARNAGE FOREVER, a mayhem-filled anthology one-shot on sale in February, comes an all-new ongoing series for Marvel’s most terrifying villain! Writer Ram V and artist Francesco Manna will kick off this visceral new chapter for the character in March’s CARNAGE #1. Already reinventing the symbiote mythos over in hit new VENOM series, Ram V’s thought-provoking work will now spill over into this all new ongoing series starring Venom’s most notorious offspring. And known for his masterful approach to brutal action on titles such as TRIALS OF ULTRAMAN and OLD MAN LOGAN, Franceso Manna’s dynamic art will make this one symbiote story you cannot afford to miss!

The new series will see the Carnage symbiote seeking a new bond after separating from longtime host Cletus Kasady. The two were the most notorious and prolific serial killers in the Marvel Universe but after the events of EXTREME CARNAGE, Cletus’ codex has found a new home, leaving the Carnage symbiote adrift, alone … and deadlier than ever before!

"This Carnage story is very likely to become the most twisted thing I've written,” Ram V promises. “The killer symbiote has gone through some pretty significant changes in recent times and I've been left with an opportunity to do something new and inventive with the character and the kind of stories you might expect to find in a Carnage book. This is my kind of horror -— as frightening in its implications as it is on the page. This is a devilish, scary Carnage and he's setting out to discover just where the bounds of his abilities really lie. Pity those caught in his wake. The Marvel Universe is not ready for what Carnage is turning into."

• First issue!

DEATH OF DOCTOR STRANGE COMPANION TPB

DEATH OF DOCTOR STRANGE TPB

ETERNALS: THE HERETIC #1

Story: Kieron Gillen | Art: Ryan Bodenheim | Cover: Andrea Sorrentino | Teen+ | $3.99

Thanos is now ruler of the Eternals! But believe it or not ... he's actually not the worst leader that the Eternals' society has ever seen. No, that honor belongs to someone even more horrific. Thanos is evil, yes, but who was the original evil from whom all Eternal evils descend? Meet Uranos, the Undying. And may the Celestials have mercy on your souls.

• First issue!
  • I hope everyone sniggers every time Uranos says his name. (Whether it's pronounced Urine-us or Your-anus, my inner 12-year-old thinks it's funny.)

FANTASTIC FOUR BY JONATHAN HICKMAN OMNIBUS HC VOL 1

• I read a few issues of the Hickman run back in the day, with fish heads in floating bottles and intelligent Moloids. Didn't do much for me. Was it better than I remember, Legionnaires? Should I get this to ejimmicate myself?

FCBD 2022 MARVELS VOICES #1

HAWKEYE KATE BISHOP: TEAM SPIRIT TPB

MMW UNCANNY X-MEN VOL 14 HC

RECKONING WAR: THE TRIAL OF THE WATCHER #1

Story: Dan Slott | Art/Cover: Javier Rodriguez

It’s a Marvel epic 15 years in the making! Dan Slott’s long-awaited RECKONING WAR saga begins, kicking off in FANTASTIC FOUR: RECKONING WAR ALPHA #1 and then unfolding in the pages of FANTASTIC FOUR. The story will shed light on the First War that rocked the Marvel Universe, a conflict that preceded Asgard, Galactus and all the heroes you know and love. That war will now reignite and only the Fantastic Four can defend the universe from the chaos it will unleash. Central to the action will be the Watcher who has a shocking tale to tell in RECKONING WAR: TRIAL OF THE WATCHER #1, a one-shot written by Slott with art by Javier Rodrìguez.

In all of the Multiverse, there is only one “What If” world that Uatu has avoided watching — one “What If” that he never wished to see. And now it will be revealed — the story that could damn him for all time ... and a revelation that could change everything in this universe.

"One of the key players in all of this is Uatu,” Slott explained to Newsarama. “[The original war] is something the Watchers have been keenly aware of, and the possible thought of it happening again brought Uatu back. Maybe it's time for the Watcher to stop watching and start doing."

Discover the secret that could make Uatu break his sacred oath when RECKONING WAR: TRIAL OF THE WATCHER #1 arrives.

• First issue!
  • Didn't we already have a Trial of the Watcher? I want to say it was during the Byrne run of the Fantastic Four, but I might be thinking of the Trial of Reed Richards (for saving Galactus). IIRC, Uatu was found guilty, and told to behave. Which was perfect, given that the watchers' whole schtick is doing nothing.

REIGN OF X VOL 10 TPB

STAR WARS: HALCYON LEGACY #2

STAR WARS: LEGENDS EPIC COLLECTION LEGACY VOL 4 TPB

THE MARVELS #9

WOMEN OF MARVEL TPB

X LIVES OF WOLVERINE #5 (OF 5)

Story: Ben Percy | Art: Joshua Cassara | Cover: Adam Kubert | Parental Advisory | $4.99

TIME TO DIE! WEEK 9 - OMEGA RED has threatened the past, present and future of mutantkind. Today, WOLVERINE puts an end to it. The unbelievable climax to X LIVES OF WOLVERINE is an experience comic readers won't soon forget and sets the stage for the ultimate finale in X DEATHS OF WOLVERINE #5!

OTHER PUBLISHERS

1956 MOVIE STAR GN

2000 AD REGENED TPB VOL. 3

21ST CENTURIONS #8

ALIAS BLACK & WHITE #3 (OF 7)

ALICE IN BORDERLAND VOL 1 GN

Story/Art: Haro Aso | Viz | Mature | $19.99

Eighteen-year-old Ryohei Arisu is sick of his life. School sucks, his love life is a joke, and his future weighs on him like impending doom. As he struggles to exist in a world that can't be bothered with him, Ryohei feels like everything would be better if he were anywhere else. When a strange fireworks show transports him and his friends to a parallel world, Ryohei thinks all his wishes have come true. But this new world isn't an empty paradise, it's a vicious game. And the only way to survive is to play.

ARCHIE JUMBO COMICS DIGEST #328

ASPHALT BLUES OGN

Jaouen Salaun | Humanoids | Mature | 208 pages | $34.99

2032. It's been 13 years since Nina and Mick split up. Both have since rebuilt their lives, but at what cost? Nina lives with a powerful man who is jealous of her attraction to others, while Mick's wife suffers from severe depression. The two former lovers don't know it, but their daily lives remain intertwined-each moment intersecting with another, driving towards cataclysmic actions on both grand and personal scales, culminating in a deeply poetic and sensual exploration of the disenchantment of love.

AZIMUT HC

Story: Wilfrid Lupano | Art: Jean-Baptiste Andreae | Titan Comics | 232 pages | $39.99

This Crayon d'Or prize-winning graphic novel is an incredible Terry Gilliam-esque fantasy tale, penned by the award-winning author of the acclaimed Valerian spin-off.

Azimut features a host of quirky characters in a colorful fantasy world whose lives are turned upside down when the magnetic North pole simply disappears!

Time and death are not what they seem in this world — old professor Aristide Breloquinte spends his time studying the peculiarities on his laboratory ship, fearful of the dreaded Time Snatcher! The beautiful Manie Ganza, who seems convinced that time is money, daringly robs and outwits the pompous rulers across the land. Add in an intrepid explorer who can't find North, and an aeronaut/talking rabbit duo on a personal quest for love, and you've got a fantasy adventure full of nonsense and excitement!

Wilfrid Lupano spins a wonderful yarn of fun, flawed characters — who could've jumped straight out of the works of Lewis Carroll — on a spectacular adventure, with mesmerising art by Jean-Baptiste Andréae.

BATTLE ANGEL ALITA VOL 5 GN

BEASTARS VOL 17 GN

BEAUTY AND BEAST OF PARADISE LOST VOL 4 GN

BETA TESTING THE ONGOING APOCALYPSE HC

Story/Art: Tom Kaczynski | Fantagraphics | $24.99

In this new, expanded edition, the starting point is arbitrary. From there, the city expands in all directions. At once SF, a contemporary demonology, an occult theory, a mutant utopia and an architectural treatise, Beta Testing the Ongoing Apocalypse is a collection of graphic fictions about the contemporary global megalopolis.

This groundbreaking collection, originally published in an Eisner-nominated, smaller edition a decade ago, has only proven more prescient and resonant to our contemporary times than ever. For this new edition, Kaczynski created the original stories "Billion Dollar Budget" and "Rediscovery of the Real" and annotations. There's also a new foreword by science fiction writer Christopher Brown (Tropic of Kansas) and an entirely new cover design. Tom Kaczynski's graphic short stories trace a complex space-time trajectory from the smallest corporate cubicle out to farthest fathoms of the multiverse. Occult economics, metaphysical traffic jams, Marxist zombies on Mars, secret architectural societies, designer ghosts from the future, and demographics demons are just a few elements of a new untested future eschatology.

The first 100 orders of Beta Testing the Ongoing Apocalypse include an exclusive bookplate signed by the author! Pre-order now to claim yours.

BIG MAN PLANS EXTENDED ED GN

BIG NATE BEWARE OF LOW-FLYING CORN MUFFINS TPB

BLACK MAX VOL 2 TPB

BLADE RUNNER ORIGINS #10

Story: K. Perkins, Mellow Brown | Art: Fernando Dagnino | Covers: Dani Strips, Julian Lopez, Robert Hack | Titan Comics | 32 pages | $3.99

LAPD DETECTIVE CAL MOREAUX HAS TEAMED UP WITH AN ESCAPED REPLICANT implanted with the memories of a dead Tyrell Corporation scientist.

FEATURES AN ALL-STAR CREATIVE TEAM WITH K. PERKINS (SUPERGIRL) & MELLOW BROWN (AMERICAN GODS).

BLADE RUNNER ORIGINS VOL 2: SCRAP TPB

BLUE PERIOD VOL 3 GN

BUNNY MASK VOL 1: CHIPPING OF THE TEETH TPB

BYLINES IN BLOOD #3

CARRIERS #3

CAT SHIT VOL 3 #2 (OF 3)

CATALYST GN

Story: Asia Alfasi, Catherine Anyango Grunewald, Woodrow Phoenix | Art: Sonia Leong, Woodrow Phoenix | SelfMadeHero | $19.99

Catalyst, a collection of short stories from established artists such as Asia Alfasi, Catherine Anyango Grünewald, Sonia Leong, and Woodrow Phoenix, aims to reflect up-and-coming new voices and the diversity and wealth of talent in the UK comics scene. United by a single theme — "catalyst" — the contributors have each written and drawn an eight-page story that explores ideas of reaction and transformation. Edited by Ayoola Solarin, this provocative, intriguing, and revelatory anthology invites readers to consider the situations, people, and events that might accelerate change in their own lives and in our society as a whole.

Collecting stories from a range of artists of color across the UK, this comics anthology unites their voices under a single theme: 'catalyst'. In one story, the accidental witnessing of a horrific scene turns a regular day into a nightmare; in another, the truth of what it really took to put a man on the moon is revealed. From tales of misplaced memories to battles with the id, Catalyst offers a look at the consequences of big and small acts alike.

Showcasing a mix of established and emerging artists, this collection imagines the myriad ways in which a chain of events might end in either euphoria or catastrophe. Sometimes both.  Edited by Ayoola Solarin, this provocative, intriguing and revelatory anthology invites readers to consider the situations, people and events that might accelerate change in their own lives and in our society as a whole.

CHARLIE’S SPOT #4

CHILDREN OF WHALES VOL 19 GN

CHILLIN ANOTHER WORLD LEVEL 2 SUPER CHEAT POWERS VOL 3 GN

CITIZEN TPB

COMPLETE DC COMICS PHANTOM VOL 2 (OF 3) HC

Story: Mark Verheiden | Art/Cover: Luke McDonnell | Hermes Press | $50.00

Collecting the action-packed stories from issues three through eight of DC Comics' The Phantom, with scripts by Mark Verheiden and pencils and inks by Luke McDonnell; colors by Anthony Tollin; second of three volumes; includes introductory essay, extra art.

• I have all the DC Phantoms in individual issues, and I never really cared for McDonnell's art. Yet I'm getting all these for the sake of completeness, because I am a sick, sick man.

COMPLETE SCARLET TRACES VOL 3 TPB

COOKIE & KID VOL 2 #5 (OF 5)

CRIMSON CAGE #4 (OF 5)

DISNEY MANGA BEAUTY AND THE BEAST: BELLE'S TALE

Story: Mallory Reaves / Studio DICE / Gabriella Sinopoli | Tokyopop | All Ages | 176 pages | $19.99

Adapted by Mallory Reaves and with art by Studio DICE and colors from Gabriella Sinopoli, soft, warm, bright colors show Belle's optimistic view of the world in this full-color graphic novel adaptation of our original manga release, which explores Belle's innermost thoughts as she learns that true beauty comes from within.

In Disney’s live-action film Beauty and the Beast, Belle, a bright, beautiful and independent young woman, is taken prisoner by a beast in his castle. Despite her fears, she befriends the castle’s enchanted staff and learns to look beyond the Beast’s hideous exterior and realize the kind heart and soul of the true Prince inside.

DISNEY MANGA BEAUTY AND THE BEAST: THE BEAST'S TALE

Story: Mallory Reaves / Studio DICE / Gianluca Papi | Tokyopop | All Ages | 176 pages | $19.99

Adapted by Mallory Reaves and with art by Studio DICE and colors from Gianluca Papi, dark, cool, muted colors show the Beast's pessimistic view of the world in this full-color graphic novel adaptation of our original manga release, which explores the Beast's struggle as he tries to move on from his past and learn what it is to love.

soft, warm, bright colors show Belle's optimistic view of the world in this full-color graphic novel adaptation of our original manga release, which explores Belle's innermost thoughts as she learns that true beauty comes from within.

In Disney’s live-action film Beauty and the Beast, Belle, a bright, beautiful, and independent young woman, is taken prisoner by a beast in his castle. Despite her fears, she befriends the castle’s enchanted staff and learns to look beyond the Beast’s hideous exterior and realize the kind heart and soul of the true Prince inside.

DO YOU LIKE BIG GIRLS VOL 3 GN

Story & Art: Goro Aizome | Ghost Ship | Mature | 160 pages | $13.99

MASTER ALL POSITIONS!

“Shortcake” Sota was roped into becoming the hall director and coach for his sister’s all-girl college volleyball team. Can the diminutive Sota stand up to — and service — these rambunctious giantesses and survive the numerous hurdles of an all-girl dorm life? Maybe! And what about satisfying strange desires of his favorite team member … who happens to be his older sister?! Maybe not!

• Wow, somebody's insecurities are really on display!

DRUGSTORE IN ANOTHER WORLD CHEAT PHARMACIST VOL 4 GN

EXCITING COMICS #19

FARAWAY PALADIN OMNIBUS VOL 2 GN

FICTIONAUTS #2

FIST OF THE NORTH STAR VOL 4 HC

FRANK AT HOME ON THE FARM TPB NEW PTG

THE GIRL IN THE ARCADE VOL. 1

Story & Art by: Okushou MGMEE | Translation: Philip Reuben | Adaptation: David Lumsdon | Lettering: Kai Kyou | Seven Seas | Older Teen (17+) | 192 pages | $13.99

Boy meets girl at the arcade in this sexy, slapstick comedy!

At his job working in an arcade, “Mobuo” gets pretty much ignored by everyone — even his nickname references the way he blends into the background like some kind of NPC. All that changes when gorgeous, larger-than-life Yaegashi Nanora barges into the place and demands his help learning the ins and outs of the arcade’s trickiest games. And did she just ask him out?! One thing’s for sure, it’s the beginning of a summer full of arcade fun and simmering sexual tension!

• First issue!

GIRLS HEIST OUT GN

Rob Weiland, Manuela Soriani | Darby Pop Publishing | $14.99

Julia and Adrian Pryce are white-collar crime's premier power couple. But when Adrian leaves Julia holding the bag, she assembles a crew of accomplished women to exact delicious revenge. Forget divorce; Julia's going to steal everything Adrian ever wanted right out from under his perfectly re-sculpted nose. Girls' Heist Out is a globetrotting caper featuring sharp banter, clever stings, and plenty of "grrrl power."

GOBLIN SLAYER SIDE STORY YEAR ONE VOL 6 GN

THE HAUNTED BOOKSTORE: GATEWAY TO A PARALLEL UNIVERSE VOL 1 GN

Story & Art: Medamayaki Shinobumaru | Translation: Nova Skipper | Adaptation: Emlyn Dornemann | Lettering: Mo Harrison | Seven Seas | Teen (13+) | 180 pages | $12.99

An atmospheric fantasy series for bibliophiles and fans of Japanese ghost stories — based on the light novels also published by Seven Seas!

Kaori lives in a bookstore where the boundaries between the mortal realm and the spirit realm are blurred. She spends her days in peace, selling books to otherworldly beings alongside her adoptive father, a spirit himself. But all of that is disrupted when a self-proclaimed exorcist stumbles into this ghostly utopia. Can Kaori embrace her better nature and help a man who’s vowed revenge against all spirits find his way back home?

• First issue!

HEATHEN VAULT RESERVE EDITION #2

HEAVY METAL DRUMMER #2 (OF 6)

HELL PHONE VOL 1 GN

Story: Asia Alfasi, Catherine Anyango Grunewald, Woodrow Phoenix | Art: Sonia Leong, Woodrow Phoenix | Silver Sprocket | $14.99

Sissy and Lola are best friends, next-door neighbors, and now... murder solvers? When Sissy finds a lost flip-phone and follows the instructions from the other line, she and Lola are flung into an investigation of a grisly cold case. A new trilogy from Catboy and Girl Juice author Benji Nate!

HELL'S PARADISE JIGOKURAKU VOL 13 GN

HIDDEN DUNGEON ONLY I CAN ENTER VOL 5 GN

I BELONG TO BADDEST GIRL AT SCHOOL VOL 3 GN

IMPOSSIBLE JONES #4 (OF 4)

INVINCIBLE SHOVEL VOL 3 GN

ISLAND IN A PUDDLE VOL 1 GN

Story/Art: Kei Sanbe | Kodansha | Mature | $12.99

The new manga series from Kei Sanbe, the master of suspense behind Erased, plunges an innocent young boy into Tokyo's criminal underworld, as he fights to keep his younger sister alive, and to return his soul to his own body! The tiny apartment where Minato lives may as well be an isolated island in the middle of the ocean. Despite still being in elementary school, it falls on his shoulders to care for his little sister Nagisa, who never stops asking when their mother will make one of her infrequent visits home. On one of those visits, their mother takes them to an amusement park, only to give Minato some cash and leave them on a Ferris wheel... but as the wheel reaches the top, lightning strikes, and, instead of his sister, Minato sees the corpse of a woman... and, reflected in the glass looking back at him, an unfamiliar and menacing face!

JLA/AVENGERS HERO INITIATIVE VARIANT TPB

KAKEGURUI COMPULSIVE GAMBLER VOL 14 GN

KAMEN AMERICA FOUNDING FIGHTERS ONE-SHOT

Story: Mark Pellegrini, Timothy Lim | Art: Timothy Lim | Antarctic Press | $9.99

Kamen America is back, joined by the fiery Kamen Comet and the bubbly Kamen Ramen!  She'll need all the help she can get against the villainous Vermillion Masquerade and her menagerie of bigger, badder mud monsters!  On top of that, she also has to deal with her rival: the glittering globalist Kamen U.N.! It's all that and more in this next chapter of Timothy Lim and Mark Pellegrini's action-packed series!

• First issue!

KARATE SURVIVOR IN ANOTHER WORLD VOL 3 GN

KINGDOMS OF RUIN GN VOL 4

LAND OF LIVING GODS #2

LAST BOOK YOU'LL EVER READ #6

LIFE OF CHE: AN IMPRESSIONISTIC BIOGRAPHY HC

Story/Art: Héctor Germán Oesterheld, Alberto Breccia, Enrique Breccia | Translation: Erica Mena | Fantagraphics | $19.99

Published in 1969, this Argentine graphic biography about Ernesto "Che" Guevara was an instant bestseller. Banned by a military dictatorship, and almost lost, it has never been available in English — until now.

Life of Che is one of the most anticipated entries in Fantagraphics' The Alberto Breccia Library. Originally released as part of a graphic biography series in January 1969, it came out in Argentina only a year after Ernesto "Che" Guevara had died and reached an audience beyond comics readers. In the 1970s, the military government raided its publisher, destroying the means to reprint the book. The comic was presumed to be lost to history, until a publisher in Spain restored it in 1987. It has never been translated into English until now.

The book begins in Bolivia in 1967, then flashes back through Che's life — his childhood, his radicalizing motorcycle trip with Alberto Granado, his taking up of arms in Guatemala, his meeting with Fidel Castro, and his subsequent military and political maneuvers, ending in a fade-out to his death. Alberto Breccia and his son, Enrique, drew Life of Che. Enrique draws the Bolivia passages in a woodcut style, while Alberto depicts the flashbacks in his trademark, expressionistic black and white. It is primarily set in the field and with the people. Héctor Germán Oesterheld (The Eternaut) blends his authorial voice with Che's first-person. Life of Che is imbued with a sense of immediacy, as both Che and, eventually, Oesterheld would meet their ends by a military government backed by the American CIA. As Pablo Turnes writes in his afterword, it is "the testament of someone consciously marching toward his revolutionary death."

LIFE ZERO #2

LOCUST VOL 1 TPB

LOVE AND LIES VOL 11 GN

MAISON IKKOKU COLLECTOR’S EDITION VOL 7 GN

MERCY SPARX OMNIBUS VOL 1-2 HC

Story: Josh Blaylock | Art: Hoyt Silva, Greg & Fake, Dan Leister | Art/Cover: Matt Merhoff | Devil's Due | $44.99 each

Volume 1: In hardcover for the first time! Heaven has a problem. Rogue angels are defecting to Earth to live amongst humanity, jeopardizing the balance of good and evil on Earth, blending in with the population ... but now heaven has found their solution. Enter Mercy Sparx — a devil girl from the forgotten underworld of Sheol. This boozing, fighting trouble-maker disguised as a human, drafted as the most unlikely of candidates to handle "Heaven's Dirty Work." Over 400 pages, collecting every Mercy Sparx comic from 2008-2016!

Volume 2: Heaven's unlikely bounty hunter is back! A devil on a "mission from God," Mercy Sparx has spent years ripping halos off of whichever rogue angel Heaven orders her to, but now it appears there's a much bigger problem — her mother! The malevolent Faustia has found a way onto Earth, and has gotten the upper hand on both Heaven and Hell. To defeat, in Mercy's own words, her "See You Next Tuesday" of a mother, her only chance is to dive deep into her memory, and relive a painful childhood in the underworld of Sheol. Collects every Mercy Sparx comic produced from 2017-2020, the "Who the F# *" encyclopedia, and over 20 pages of brand new content!

• I don't know anything about this character, which has somehow flown below my radar. But if I wanted to know more, I guess this would be the way to do it.

MR. WOLF’S CLASS VOL 5: SNOW DAY GN

MY DEER FRIEND NOKOTAN VOL 1 GN

Story & Art: Oshioshio | Seven Seas | Teen (13+) | 146 pages | $12.99

Girl meets elk-girl — and chaos ensues!

No one knows Torako used to be a delinquent. All of her classmates only know her as the perfect student. But everything changes when Nokotan, a transfer student with antlers, enters her life. Antlers aren’t the only thing strange about Nokotan. Her deer nose can sniff out Torako’s secret past! Whether it’s at school or the zoo, chaos follows this doe-eyed girl’s every step. Torako has so many questions! Is Nokotan a deer, a girl, or something in between?

• First issue!

MY LIFE BEYOND AUTISM GN

Mayo Clinic Press | $8.99

Tracy likes to draw, make movies and play, just like other kids. She also has autism spectrum disorder. This means she processes many everyday situations differently, such as making friends. Over time, she's learned tricks for communicating and coping when things are hard for her.

Follow along as Tracy gives a peek at what life is really like for someone living with autism and how she discovered life beyond this common disorder.

Children's voices are rarely heard amid the complexity of modern medicine. That's why every story in the My Life Beyond series stems from the imagination and experience of a Mayo Clinic patient. The books were developed through collaboration between these patients, Mayo Clinic physicians and author-illustrator Hey Gee. Through this unique lens of inspiring real-life experiences, the series explores how children view illness, challenges and recovery.

One in fifty-four children in the U.S. are diagnosed with an autism spectrum disorder-which includes autism, Asperger's syndrome, and childhood disintegrative disorder-but their experiences with this condition are rarely shared. With 36 pages of full illustrations, My Life Beyond Autism brings the reader into the world of a child diagnosed with autism to show how children with this condition view their disorder and work through common behavioral challenges.

• I know books like this are supposed to educate me. But mostly they make me depressed.

MY WANDERING WARRIOR EXISTENCE GN

Story & Art: Nagata Kabi | Translator: Jocelyne Allen | Lettering: Karis Page | Seven Seas | Older Teen (15+) | 128 pages | $14.99

The newest diary manga from the Harvey Award-winning creator of My Lesbian Experience with Loneliness. After attending a friend’s wedding, Nagata Kabi decides she wants one of her own. That’s not the only thing she wants — she longs to love and be loved. But she has three major problems: she has no partner, no dating experience and her only sexual encounters are limited to a lesbian escort service. With the help of a photoshoot, a dating app and more, the author embarks on a journey to seek the love and happiness she so desperately desires.

NECROMANCE VOL 2 GN

NEW GAME VOL 12 GN

NO HOLDS BARD #4 (OF 6)

OOKU INNER CHAMBERS VOL 19 GN

OROCHI PERFECT EDITION VOL 1 HC

Story/Art: Kauzo Umezz | Viz | 320 pages | Older teen | $26.99

In these intertwined short stories by horror master Kazuo Umezz, a mysterious young woman slithers her way into the lives of unsuspecting people like the legendary multitailed serpent for which she is named — Orochi.

Umezz’s classic horror manga opens with “Sisters,” in which Orochi affects the lives of two wealthy siblings who couldn’t be more alike … or more different. Next, in “Bones,” Orochi helps a man come back to life after a terrible accident, but resurrection can be a deadly business …

OTHERWORLDLY IZAKAYA NOBU VOL 10 TPB

OUT OF BODY TPB

OUT TPB

Story: Rob Williams | Art: Will Conrad, Marco Lesko | Cover: Tim Bradstreet | AWA | $9.99

In the waning days of World War Two, with the Allies advancing, a desperate Nazi officer unearths an ancient force of evil that he hopes will turn the tide of battle: a vampire. To test the power of his secret weapon, he unleashes the monster on an unsuspecting group of Allied POWs. It's up to Nocona, a Comanche language expert, to communicate with the vampire to find out what it really wants.

• Nazi vampires! I'm a sucker for Nazi vampires!
  • Also Nazi zombies.
  • Also Nazi werewolves.
  • Wait, I'm sensing a pattern.

PACEY PACKER UNICORN TRACKER VOL 3: MERMAIDS VS. UNICORNS GN

• Sight unseen, this strikes me as Sub-Mariner vs. Hulk in Tales to Astonish #100. One wins in the water, the other wins on land. (But since it's a Young Readers book I doubt there's any actual fighting.)

PAWS VOL 1: GABBY GETS IT TOGETHER GN

PENGUIN & HOUSE VOL 1 GN

Story/Art: Akiho Ieda | Kodansha | 176 pages | 13+ | $12.99

Pen the penguin lives with his most favorite keeper in the world: Hayakawa the human! But Pen's no ordinary penguin - he's a neat penguin! A proper penguin! A doting penguin! Pen loves to daydream of Hayakawa's smile as he flips pancakes, runs errands, and folds the laundry with his teeny-tiny flippers. If only his beloved Hayakawa would notice! Unfortunately, Pen's human keeper can't speak penguin and is also a hopelessly lazy university student. With Pen's comical expressions and Hayakawa's lighthearted cluelessness, every day in their house is full of adorable mishaps and hijinks!

• First issue!

PLAYTHINGS #1

Story: Jon Clark | Art: Travis Williamson | Cover: Jon Clark | Scout | Mature | $3.99

Black Caravan Imprint: Alison Hart wakes up inside a bright candy-colored room to discover that she's tied down with licorice, small toys around her move because they're alive, and her hands are no longer real. She struggles to piece together the surreal and horrific events that led her to this place and more importantly what has happened to her young daughter, Emma.

• First issue!
  • I like licorice in small doses, but some people find it horrifying all on its own.

PRE-CODE CLASSICS: BEYOND SOFTEE VOL 4

QUAD #3

RAD WRAITH #1

Story: Tristan Gallagher | Art/Cover: Christian Dibari | Scout | Mature | $3.99

Black Caravan Imprint: Rad Wraith is the story of a young skateboarder named Grom who falls victim to a prank-gone-wrong and dies at the bottom of a half-pipe. What his killers don't know is that this half-pipe was built on cursed land, and now that curse is coming for them! This February, it's time to skate...or die! Regular edition has a wraparound cover!

• First issue!

RAINA TEIGEMEIER SISTERS GN NEW PTG

REMA CHRONICLES VOL 1: REALM OF BLUE MIST GN

RENT A GIRLFRIEND VOL 11 GN

RICK AND MORTY PRESENTS: MORTY’S RUN #1

Story: Ivan Cohen | Art/Cover: Puste | Oni | $4.99

When Morty finds out he's going to summer camp, he'll do anything to escape, including listening to Rick. When Rick drops Morty off on a planet full of kids, things are not what they seem. Can Morty survive a world ruled by 13-year-olds all by himself?

ROBOTECH ARCHIVES SENTINELS VOL 2 TPB

Story: Tom Matson & Chris Ulm | Art: Jason Waltrip | Titan Comics | 544 pages | $24.99

Continuing the series of books collecting the classic Robotech comic material — collecting Robotech II: The Sentinels Book Two for the very first time!

Titan Comics continue their collection of classic Robotech comics material in this huge volume. The epic story of Rick and Lisa Hunter continues! The fight rages on against the deadly Robotech Masters while the Sentinels — a group consisting of various alien species — appear to be willing to help the humans. But are the Sentinels really friends or could this spell the end for Rick, Lisa and the SDF-3? Collects issues 1 to 22 of Robotech II: The Sentinels Book Two.

"These comics are utterly engrossing." — Den of Geek

"Kudos to Titan for bringing this back, not just for old fans but for younger anime lovers looking to get into a piece of history with a fine lineage and big story. 5/5" — But Why Tho

ROSEN BLOOD VOL 2 GN

SAM & HIS TALKING GUN TPB

SEVEN DEADLY SINS FOUR KNIGHTS OF APOCALYPSE VOL 2 GN

SEX EDUCATION 120 PERCENT VOL 3 GN

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• SHADOWMAN (2020) #7

10204493056?profile=RESIZE_710xStory: Cullen Bunn | Art: Jon Davis-Hunt | Colors: Jordie Bellaire | Letters: Clayton Cowles | Covers: Jon Davis-Hunt, Dan Brereton, Christian Ward | 32 pages | Teen+ | $3.99

The Deadside War has entered our world ... has SHADOWMAN already lost?

The horrors of the Deadside have spilled over into the world of the living, led by the embodiment of terror leading the forces of darkness that SHADOWMAN, PUNK MAMBO and the new Abettors are forced to confront. As the battle rages all over the world bringing in heroes of the Valiant Universe hoping to stop the tide, the supernatural protectors must prepare to make their stand.

SHADOWMAN #7 is written by CULLEN BUNN, illustrated by PEDRO ANDREO, colored by JORDIE BELLAIRE, and lettered by CLAYTON COWLES. SHADOWMAN #7 features covers by JON DAVIS-HUNT (Cover A), DAN BRERETON (Horror Movie Homage Variant), and CHRISTIAN WARD (Pre-order Variant).

10204492883?profile=RESIZE_710x10204493268?profile=RESIZE_710x10204493652?profile=RESIZE_710x10204493485?profile=RESIZE_710x10204493670?profile=RESIZE_710x10204493860?profile=RESIZE_710x10204494065?profile=RESIZE_710xSNELSON: COMEDY IS DYING

SO I’M A SPIDER SO WHAT KUMOKO SISTERS VOL 2 GN

SONG OF YOU & ASA GN

10200558699?profile=RESIZE_710xStory/Art: Harada | KUMA | 18+ | 212 pages | $14.95

When Asaichi decides to start up a band to pick up chicks, he soon realizes his band's in trouble. He's a bad singer. Thankfully his bassist Yoru is there to help but Asa isn't interested in his help or his advances. Will the stubborn Asa open up to Yoru or will their relationship be nothing but screaming and violence?!

• First issue!

SORRY FOR MY FAMILIAR VOL 9 GN

SPARKS VOL 3: FUTURE PURRFECT GN

STEALING OZ #1 (OF 4)

10204510466?profile=RESIZE_710x

Story: Jeff Munson | Art/Cover: Stephen Coughlin | Bad Kids Press | $4.99

Dorothy, the Cowardly Lion, and the Scarecrow embark on a life of crime in our world and can only be stopped by the ones who know them best: The Tin Man and Tik Tok. Part Point Break, part The Godfather, mashed up with The Wizard of Oz - magic and mayhem collide to create the perfect crime.

• First issue!
    • This would have seemed more clever to me if I hadn't already heard the joke about the runaway who kills an old woman for her shoes and then goes on the road with three strange men to find a guy who will give them what they need.

STEIN’S GATE COMPLETE MANGA SC STD ED

TIME ZONE J

10200606453?profile=RESIZE_710xStory/Art: Julie Doucet | Drawn & Quarterly | $29.95

Time Zone J is Julie Doucet's first inked comic since famously quitting in the '90s after an exhausting career in an industry that, at the time, made little room for women. Based on diary entries from the whirlwind romance, the passion and high emotions of youth-before you know the limits of love, before you know the difference between love and lust-seep through the pages. In contrast to the tryst, Doucet draws herself today, at fifty-five.

10200606297?profile=RESIZE_710x10200606861?profile=RESIZE_710xTOPS: THE COMPLETE COLLECTION OF CHARLES BIRO'S VISIONARY 1949 COMIC BOOK SERIES

10163523461?profile=RESIZE_710xby Charles Biro | Edited by Michael T. Gilbert | Fantagraphics | $49.99

Before EC, before His Name is…Savage!, before underground comix, this volume collects a pioneering attempt — from the creators of the first true crime comic — to publish stories aimed at adults in the comic book format.

From their inception in 1935, comic books — starring Superman, Batman, Captain Marvel — had been primarily written for and aimed at adolescents. There were always the occasional outlier artists who pushed back against the commercial constraints of comic books and envisioned the next evolutionary artistic leap in the artform: Charles Biro was one of those artists.

In 1949, the ambitious Biro — who had previously co-created the realistically brutal comic Crime Does Not Pay — edited and wrote an oversized comic aimed at adults, called Tops. Like several other radical adult comics projects that would follow, it proved to be a commercial failure and lasted only two Life magazine-sized issues. The original comics have since become a legendary holy grail among comics fans and historians, fetching as much as $6,000 on the collector's market: written about but rarely seen and never reprinted. Until now.

Fantagraphics' Tops collects both issues of these oversized experimental comics in their entirety. Some of the best craftsmen working in comics at that time drew these pulpy, sexy, and melodramatic stories: Dan Barry, George Tuska, and others. It includes two stunning pre-EC crime tales illustrated by Reed Crandall, reminiscent of his Crime SuspenStories work. Actor Melvyn Douglas (believe it or not) takes the reader on a tour of utopia, entitled "How Would You Live Under A World Government?" — a positive spin on global Socialism!

A treasure trove of fascinating and revelatory comics history for scholars and fans, this compilation includes an introduction by the editor, the historian and cartoonist Michael T. Gilbert, as well as several other essays providing background on the creation of the series and the publisher, editors, and cartoonists who realized it. It includes a chronicle in essay form of experimental, adult comics endeavors throughout the first half of the 20th century. Tops is a landmark work of historical importance and a mind-boggling reading experience from a bygone era meticulously restored and reproduced in a deluxe hardcover in its originally published dimensions.

• Never heard of this book before, but here's some prime George Tuska.

10163523695?profile=RESIZE_710x10163524052?profile=RESIZE_710x10163524270?profile=RESIZE_710xTRIAGE X VOL 22 GN

VALKYRIE SAVIORS VOL 1 TPB

WARLOCK 5 OMNIBUS HC

WHEN WILL AYUMU MAKE HIS MOVE GN VOL 4 GN

WRASSLE CASTLE BOOK 2: RIDERS ON THE STORM

MAGAZINES

ALTER EGO #174

BACK ISSUE #133

BRICKJOURNAL #72

COMIC BOOK CREATOR #27

COMIC SHOP NEWS (90CT BUNDLE) #1804

HI FRUCTOSE MAGAZINE QUARTERLY #62

JACK KIRBY COLLECTOR #82

LOCUS #734

RETROFAN MAGAZINE #19

SHUDDER #4

STAR WARS INSIDER #209

TRIPWIRE WINTER SPECIAL 2021

WARHAMMER 40K IMPERIUM MAGAZINE #1 (OF 80)

BOOKS

ACCOMPLISHMENTS OF DUKE’S DAUGHTER VOL 4 NOVEL SC

ASCENDANCE OF BOOKWORM PT 3 VOL 4 LIGHT NOVEL 

BANNER OF THE STARS COLLECTORS' EDITION VOL 2 VOL 4-6 HC

BOND & BOOK LONG LONG GOODBYE LAST BOOKSTORE NOVEL HC

CHITOSE KUN RAMUNE BOTTLE VOL 1 LIGHT NOVEL SC

10200611463?profile=RESIZE_710xStory: Hiromu | Art: Raemz | Yen On | $15.00

As far as normies go, it's hard to beat Saku Chitose. The most popular kid in his high school? Check. An ironclad reputation that can weather even vicious online attacks? Check. A friend group that's as attractive on the outside as they are on the inside? Check. But when a teacher asks Saku to help reacclimate a student who been shut away in his room for months to school life, his perfect world will never be the same. What is this, some kinda normie harem story?

• First issue!

CLASSROOM OF ELITE VOL 10 LIGHT NOVEL SC 

CONCISE DICTIONARY OF COMICS SC

DEMON LORD 2099 VOL 1 LIGHT NOVEL SC 

10200612871?profile=RESIZE_710xStory: Daigo Murasaki | Art: Kureta | Yen On | $15.00

Fused Era Year 2099-Shinjuku. The dazzling prosperity of this massive city-state conceals a lurid darkness just beneath its surface. And it is here-in this megalopolis that represents the pinnacle of human development-where the legendary Demon Lord Veltol makes his second coming. To rule this brave new world, the Demon Lord will take hold of the future for himself!

• First issue!

FANTASTIC COMIC ART TECHNIQUES OF PAUL DAVIDSON SC

HAZURE SKILL LEGENDARY ASSASSIN VOL 3 NOVEL SC

I’M THE EVIL LORD OF AN INTERGALACTIC EMPIRE VOL 2 LIGHT NOVEL

INVADERS OF ROKUJOUMA COLL ED VOL 11

LAST CRUSADE RISE NEW WORLD VOL 8 LIGHT NOVEL SC

LIONS OF LENINGRAD GN

DEAD RECKONING

LIONS OF LENINGRAD GN

10200614655?profile=RESIZE_710xDead Reckoning | $19.95

On January 27, 1962, a concert at the Maly Theatre in Leningrad is interrupted by a gunshot and an ex-state prisoner is arrested. At the police station, the mysterious gunman recalls the early summer of 1941. When the German army begins its invasion of Soviet Russia, four children are evacuated to the countryside: Maxim, the son of a senior Communist Party official; Pyotr, the son of writers; Anka, the daughter of a concert violinist; and Grigory, the son of a pilot that was executed for insubordination. The farm where they are staying is attacked and the train that is supposed to take th to safety is blown to bits by German planes. The four children must fight through enemy lines to get back to their families in Leningrad. But all that awaits them is one of the most prolonged and destructive sieges in history.

• Talk about bad timing. Outside of Tucker Carlson, I don't think anybody's in the mood for a Heroic Russian story right now.

MAGIC MIRROR OF M.C. ESCHER HC

MARVEL HEROINES NOVEL: BLACK CAT DISCORD SC

MOONSTONE DOUBLE SHOT PROSE NOVEL SC

MY NEXT LIFE AS VILLAINESS ROUTES LEAD DOOM VOL 9 SC

TOM CLANCY'S SPLINTER CELL FIREWALL SC

TRAPPED IN DATING SIM WORLD OTOME GAMES NOVEL SC VOL 5

UNWANTED UNDEAD ADVENTURER VOL 4 LIGHT NOVEL

UZUMAKI COLORING BOOK SC

WANDERING WITCH JOURNEY ELAINA LIGHT NOVEL VOL 7 SC

YOUTH ROMANTIC COMEDY WRONG EXPECTED NOVEL VOL 13 SC

• "Didn't we already have a Trial of the Watcher?"

14840506120.38.jpg?profile=RESIZE_710x

TOPS: THE COMPLETE COLLECTION OF CHARLES BIRO'S VISIONARY 1949 COMIC BOOK SERIES:

I preordered this one. Even started a thread to discuss it.

• Now, if I were a vampire, and I couldn't achieve rock star, I'd go with bartender rather than short-order cook. Bartenders work nights, too. And drunk people sometimes don't make it home, so you could pick one off now and then without suspicion. And, again, the victims would come to you, and drunk people don't put up much of a fight. And people drinking beer are less likely to put together any clues about your "lifestyle" than people drinking coffee.

Back when I was playing the Vampire RPG, my character ran a club in New Orleans. Similar thoughts.

Didn't we already have a Trial of the Watcher?

Hell, I thought he was still dead. Of course this could be a different Watcher

• "Hell, I thought he was still dead."

Only Bucky dies forever!

(Waitaminute... I know someone "only dies forever"... I thought it was Bucky.)

• Uncle Ben?
  • I thought it was clever of Anne Rice when I first read Interview with a Vampire back in high school, when one of the lead vampires was revealed to be a rock star. I thought: What a perfect way for a vampire to live, and live well, right out in the open! I don't remember if Rice explored this, but I'll bet groupies would even let him have some blood and think it was all part of the act. He could hypnotize them to forget any painful parts, and he wouldn't have to lift a finger, as they'd come to him! And nobody would think twice about him sleeping all day and partying all night.

This reminded me of the similar phrase on the poster for The Lost Boys (1987). (I'm still in love with Jami Gertz)

10204994681?profile=RESIZE_710x

• 10160654895?profile=RESIZE_710x

Not that I'm complaining, but how many women would be in a swamp in an evening dress?

• Whoa! That very thought crossed my mind when I posted that! Great minds! (And I bet she's wearing heels, too.)

Richard Willis said:

10160654895?profile=RESIZE_710x

Not that I'm complaining, but how many women would be in a swamp in an evening dress?

This reply was deleted.