Alright this is for comics theoretically shipping in July. I got done super early this month.

1. Alright Dark Horse has got me for another Star War mini: Invasion - Revelations.

2. Now when they say it is the last Hellboy arc, are they talking period, or with the collaboration between Mignola and Fegredo?

3. I just cleaned this table, and it is still sticky....that's better.

4. Nice to see that Major Bummer collection.

5. I'm waiting on that next Finder trade. I still think it is a great deal, but I just started the first one, and they are humongous.

6. I will believe New Teen Titans: Games is out when I actually have it in my grubby paws.

7. Man I wish those Retroactive comics were w/o reprints @$2.99. I would probably get them then.

8. And no artist listed for the JLA one

9. I'm also not to enthused to see the Joker in Detective Comics. I hope he is more in the background for Scott Snyder's story.

10. Still no FINAL ISSUE notification for Doc Samson and The Spirit. Good news for their fans.

11. How did I miss Brubaker/Phillips' Gotham Noir the first time around? That is something right down my alley.

12. I like the idea of the Deus Ex trade being solicited the same time as the last issue. I would like to see that more often on items I am tradewaiting. Usually the trade is solicited months later, and a lot of times I forget. This keeps it top of mind.

13. I also like seeing Terry Moore doing a guest artist stint on Fables.

14. A new Parker story in IDW's new collection, but $75.00 is a bit steep for me since I have the other two. I hope it shows up somewhere else.

15. I wish they (whoever they are) were consistent on listing what is a mini and what is an ongoing. Sometimes it listed in the catalog, sometimes not. Sometimes you get that info on the order form. Sometimes not.

16. Kind of shocked to see a new Ghost Rider ongoing, but there ya go.

17. I'm already buying the series, but American Panther looks pretty cool.

18. Geez, there are a ton of Fear Itself tie-ins. I didn't have the energy to go back and count them, but trust me its a lot.

19. I think I'll go the trade route on Brubaker's new Captain America series.

20. I see the old series gets renamed to Captain America & Bucky. I'll be interested to see if the market can support two Cap ongoing series.

21. Young Masters of Evil. I dunno it made me giggle.

22. As loathe as I am to buy $3.99 comics, I will have to check out Mark Waid's Daredevil series.

23. A .1 trade? That's interesting

24. Blue Water bio comic check-in: 50 Cent, Martha Stewart, Charlie Sheen, & John Stewart.

25. Plus some sort of Adam West comic that he is actually involved in.

26. Finally, I am also really keen on checking out the new Sergio Aragones' comic from Bongo. Should be a lot of fun.

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Dark Horse - Hellboy and Usagi Yojimbo...per usual.

DC - The Green Lantern books, most of the Batman ones, Teen Titans, and all of the Superman family.  Plus Tiny Titans, Brave & Bold, Scooby-Doo, and Young Justice for the young ones.  Xombi and iZombie, of course.  And, finally (!) the Titans: Games graphic novel.

IDW - The Doctor Who and Godzilla books plus The Rocketeer and the big ending to Kill Shakespeare.  

Image - The fourth Chew trade for my brother-in-law...who loves it.

Marvel - Black Panter and Heroes for Hire for my secretary.  Emma for my babysitter.  Amazing Spider-Man and 15 Love for the middle school library.  Daredevil for me...making me, happily, go back on my "no single issues anymore" pledge.

Abstract - Rachel Rising for my Terry Moore-loving sister.

Archie - a bunch of books for my girls and the library.

Bongo - Sergio Aragones Funnies for Holly

Dynamite - Kirby Genesis for the library

Kids Can Press - the third Sam and Friends Mystery graphic novel for Anne who friggin' loves these things and asks me every week if a new one is out.  

Top Shelf - League of Extraordinary Gentlemen 1969...oh yeah, baby.

Viz - 20th Century Boys vol. 16

And both the UK and American Doctor Who magazines

• Creepy Presents Bernie Wrightson The Creepy Archives can be hit or miss, but here’s a $20 hardcover sure to please. I’d like to see more of these artist-centric editions.

New Teen Titans “Games” – Resolicited for September 7. As long as it takes.

“RetroActive” one-shots I’m very excited about these. The Commander says comics of a particular era cannot be replicated once that time has passed. We shall see.

Kamandi Omnibus (#1-20) This has played out exactly as I predicted a few years ago. Kamandi, Kirby’s most popular mid-70s work for DC, was the first of his ‘70s series to be released in DC Archive format. Some time after that, Kirby’s “Fourth World” material was released in four volumes of the popular “Omnibus” format. Since then, practically all of Kirby’s ‘70s work for DC has been released in that format… except Kamandi. I predicted DC would release the rest of his ‘70s work first (the vast body of it, anyway), then combine the contents of the first two archives into one “omnibus” to sweeten the pot for those of us who would have it duplicated. Now what shall I do with those two archives…?

SGF Lois Lane Archives Not necessarily the series I would have selected, but it’s good to see DC getting back into the archive business.

Bill Everett Archives If this looks as good as the Steve Ditko Archives (and there’s no reason to believe it won’t), this “drop everything book” will shoot to the top of my reading stack.

Rip Kirby #4 The fourth and final volume. Raymond’s untimely death happened mid-story, but the syndicate hired John Prentice to finish it out.

Brenda Starr Reporter One of the silliest strips I remember reading growing up, but what little I’ve read of the early years is much, much better.

Dark Shadows Story Digest “Interrupted Voyage” Not exactly certain what this is… some sort of illustrated prose story.

DD and Cap New Number Ones I’ll be following Brubaker from Secret Avengers to the new Captain America. I haven’t been following Daredevil for a long time (no, not even Brubaker’s run), but I’ll be trying this one on the strength of Mark Waid’s name. Both of these titles will have alternate covers by both Neal Adams and John Romita, Sr. At $3.99, I’m going to have to make some decisions!
  • "Kamandi Omnibus (#1-20) Now what shall I do with those two archives…?"

I'll take them of your hands :)

"DD and Cap New Number Ones At $3.99, I’m going to have to make some decisions!"

I'm not even going to look at them. Too much money for my budget.

• If Marcos Martin wants to draw the new adventures of Guy Gardner and Cable, I'll buy it...and I hate those two characters.  That's why I'm more than willing to shell out the dough for Daredevil.
  • 15. I wish they (whoever they are) were consistent on listing what is a mini and what is an ongoing. Sometimes it listed in the catalog, sometimes not. Sometimes you get that info on the order form. Sometimes not.

You and me both.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

Check out the Secret Headquarters (my store) website! Comics and Games for Everyone!

I used to listen to WOXY.com; It was the future of rock-n-roll! RIP WOXY

• Jeff of Earth-J said:
    DD and Cap New Number Ones I’ll be following Brubaker from Secret Avengers to the new Captain America. I haven’t been following Daredevil for a long time (no, not even Brubaker’s run), but I’ll be trying this one on the strength of Mark Waid’s name. Both of these titles will have alternate covers by both Neal Adams and John Romita, Sr. At $3.99, I’m going to have to make some decisions!
    Me, too. I like the characters, but Daredevil has gone way too far down a road I didn't wish to follow. And I liked Brubaker's Captain America, but the title has spent too much time being "The Adventures of Captain Substitute"; I don't know if I can be enticed back.
  • I've been reading Daredevil: Reborn and it's not bad but there's little soul-searching, just Matt wanting to be left alone and realizing that he still has work to do. Though why this couldn't have been the actual New Daredevil #1 is beyond me, probably because he's not in costume or New York City!
  • No one has mentioned the new Dollhouse mini-series yet (which I will probably tradewait).

• New Teen Titans “Games” – Resolicited for September 7. As long as it takes.

No one has mentioned the new Dollhouse mini-series yet (which I will probably tradewait).

RE: Games - Holy crap are you kidding me? Alrighty then.

Dollhouse? I'm not a Joss Whedon fan

As always thanks for filling in some of the stuff I missed/didn't comment on.

This reply was deleted.