By request: earlier AND with numbers!!!!

1.First I would like to thank Caleb at Every Day Is Like Wednesday for for doing some counting for me: 12 Captain America titles, and that doesn't even include the Avengers titles he appears in.
    2. I like seeing what Free Comic Book Day will bring us, but I don't know why DC is keeping what theirs is a secret.
    3. I am interested in the Adam West comic Blue Water is doing, it looks fun & free!
    4. Ah DC is actually doing two free comics, as is Marvel and Oni
    5. Plus, I like that WizKids is putting out a free Green Lantern HeroClix for the event.
    6. How can Dark Horse claim that a 48 page B&W comic @$4.99 is one of the most appealing      bargains in comics?
    7. When did Magnus become an ongoing? I thought it was initially a mini-series.
    8 .DC bringing back Xombi seems kind of weird, but I do like that are putting it in the front of         their section. Plus, I am checking it out.
    9. Streets of Gotham, Azrael, and Batman Confidential all get the axe.
    10. Yet Doc Savage and The Spirit remain. Not that I want them to get canceled, just looking at their sales I just don't see why they are still around.
    11. I do recommend Vertigo Resurrected: Finals. A good series.
    12. So, I guess Joe the Barbarian is one of the most talked about series in 2010 & 2011.
    13. I am only get 2 Image comics this month, but my purchases from Image and Dark Horse fluctuate quite a bit.
    14. Venom is getting his own ongoing? Way to strike while the iron is hot Marvel. Furthermore, we don't even know who the symbiote is inhabiting.
    15. I don't need to know that Marvel has 3 of their writers architects are working on "top secret" projects. A ton of creators in comics are working on projects they can't talk about.
    16. Hey a Travis Charest sighting! I wonder how much lead time they gave him for that Captain America cover.
    17. Marvel sure isn't giving the Cyclops or Iceman & Angel comics much pub, and sticking them in the back of their catalog.
    18. I see that Ardden has dropped the cost of the Atlas reboot comics to $2.99, but you only get 22 pages.
    19. I am interested in Back Issue with their Dave Stevens interview.
    20. Easy Bake Oven & mixes? Man, I never thought I would see those advertised in Previews.
    21. A Voltron USB drive? Holy crap! Someone's birthday is in March...

Any requests for next month? Fresh baked cookies to enjoy while you're reading this? I can do some laundry... 

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I think Xombi is coming back for a number of reasons. 

1) They've got an ongoing relationship with John Rozum. (His name doesn't show up in the main titles a lot, but he's been writing Scooby Doo stories all along).

2) They really do want to do something with the Milestone characters -- and Xombi is a book that isn't so superheroey that it faces competition from the established DCU properties.

3) At this moment, anything with a name like Xombi is probably going to pick up some curiosity sales from zombie lovers.

The fact that they've got Frazier Irving on the book shows DC is really serious about making this work.

• Hmm, I guess the numbering system only goes to 9. Even when I try and edit it, it shows all of the numbers 10 and higher. Don't know what is going on there.

Edited original post to get some decent looking numbering in there.

• Ha, I thought you were just being a smartass. You want some numbers? Here's some semi-consecutive ones!
  • Regarding Captain America, that’s why I started the Captain America thread… and that was even before I knew he was going to be featured in 12 comics in March! I don’t know about that series of one-shots with the connecting covers, though. I may be tradewaiting that if I get it at all.

Regarding FCBD, I’ve got my eye on those eco-friendly shopping bags on page 26: two bucks for polypropylene or five bucks for canvas. I joke with the owner of the LCS that my limit is how many books fit in a plastic bag without tearing the handles.

Regarding Dark Horse Archives, it’s either feast or famine. There were none from last month’s Previews, but this month’s features Nexus Vol. 11 (May 4), Turok (May 18) and Mighty Samson (May 25).

Regarding comic strip collections, it’s a good month, too: Captain Easy Sundays Vol. 2, The Phantom Vol. 3 and Spider-Man Vol. 2.
  •  1.First I would like to thank Caleb at Every Day Is Like Wednesday for for doing some counting for me: 12 Captain America titles, and that doesn't even include the Avengers titles he appears in.

Yeah, they really seem to be pushing Cap. I wonder why? :-P

6. How can Dark Horse claim that a 48 page B&W comic @$4.99 is one of the most appealing      bargains in comics?

That's right!! Get it now while you still can!! Sure to be a Collector's Classic!! Yeah. No, I'll pass.

9. Streets of Gotham, Azrael, and Batman Confidential all get the axe.
        10. Yet Doc Savage and The Spirit remain. Not that I want them to get canceled, just looking at their sales I just don't see why they are still around.

Well, seeing as how there are a billion Batman comics and not too many Doc Savage and Spirit comics that should pretty much answer the question. Natch. Brr. Just saw the numbers. Ouch.

16. Hey a Travis Charest sighting! I wonder how much lead time they gave him for that Captain America cover.

Wow! Where the heck has this guy been?? Haven't heard from him in years! Glad he's back, though, even if it is just for a cover.

18. I see that Ardden has dropped the cost of the Atlas reboot comics to $2.99, but you only get 22 pages.

I don't mind that. I'm looking forward to see what they do with the characters. Not crazy about the Wulf premise but I'll give it a try.
       Also ordered the Iron Fist Masterworks but only 'cause it was 50% off!  :-)

• That Iron Fist Masterworks was tempting to me, but it is one of those books that I come across every once in a while that I have enough of the originals, that I'm not sure if it is worth it for me to get that book or finish up with the originals. I usually don't anything.

That Travis Charest cover did look pretty cool, and Marvel was already selling it as a poster in the back of their solicits.

• I haven't read any of the Doc Savage comics, but the Spirit issues I've read have all been really good. The lead artist, Moritat, nearly got a best underrated artist nod from me in the Cappies!
  • I wish we had free comic book day in the UK ... then again, until this week I was saying, 'I wish we got comic books on a Wednesday' ...

I never read any original Xombi* but I liked his Brave and Bold appearance so I'll give it a crack. 

* I never tried many of the Milestone books, there was a brick-red tone to the pages that put me off.   Years later I bought an Icon collection and enjoyed it lots. 
  • I really enjoyed that issue of Brave and Bold as well. Not sure if that's the same Xombi as the one from Milestone back in the day or not (I only read Static and Shadow Cabinet at the time.)

Martin Gray said:
    I wish we had free comic book day in the UK ... then again, until this week I was saying, 'I wish we got comic books on a Wednesday' ...

I never read any original Xombi* but I liked his Brave and Bold appearance so I'll give it a crack. 

* I never tried many of the Milestone books, there was a brick-red tone to the pages that put me off.   Years later I bought an Icon collection and enjoyed it lots. 
  • Yeah, the Milestone books had a color palette that was unlike anything else on the stands. I always chalked it up to them wanting to express a greater diversity of skin tones, and needing a more nuanced coloring system than what DC and Marvel were generally demanding at the time. I think they also used a different paper stock, which would likely have affected color absorption & reproduction.
This reply was deleted.