Another month, another thought.

Wait!

1. How about that? Daft Punk action figures.

2. Eventually I will get that Star Wars mini based on George Lucas' original screenplay. Just not now.

3. Also all of the variant covers look too much like the regular one. I don't get it.

4. The Fifth Beatle graphic novel look interesting as well.

5. I am not on board with the Creeper's new look. He looks like a demon, and reads like he is a demon a la The Demon

6. Thanks to DC for making all of the Forever Evil books $4. Makes it that much easier to skip them.

7. Pretty neat that they are offering the Spanish version of Walking Dead here.

8. I like the Infinity Gauntlet bottle opener. Some else does as well as I saw it 3 times in the catalog.

9. Oh look a new Avengers series...

10. A team-up of the Phantom, Buck Rogers, and Mandrake the Magician? That is different.

11. Seems a couple of years late to be selling a Frankencastle t-shirt. No?

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 10. A team-up of the Phantom, Buck Rogers, and Mandrake the Magician? That is different.

Well, the current Phantom Sunday strip has two of them teaming up as we speak.  Looks like fun.

• 10. A team-up of the Phantom, Buck Rogers, and Mandrake the Magician? That is different.

I feel like I've seen that before...

• Wow, Travis, you’re really on the ball this month. I finished filling out my order only yesterday! I didn’t find a whole lot to comment on this month, however.

CENTURY WEST: An $8, 64-page “original graphic novel” by Howard Chaykin. I’d call it a “pricey one-shot,” but I’ll likely give it a look.

STAR TREK NEWSPAPER COMICS: The second and final volume has been solicited for September 25 release. I haven’t read the first one yet, but I hadn’t intended to quite yet. I’ll likely get to the first right around the time the second ships.

HAUNTED HORROR: A HC horror anthology edited by Craig Yoe. Can’t beat it.

SHADOW HC: This is a $20 HC reprint of the early ‘70s story by O’Neil and Kaluta.

• That was my thought exactly! Nice to see someone remembers Defenders of the Earth!

Alan M. said:

10. A team-up of the Phantom, Buck Rogers, and Mandrake the Magician? That is different.

• Alan M. said:

Doesn't ring a bell, but when that came out I was well into my Paper Boy career, so my cartoon watching was pretty well over for a while.

Jeff, I got off work early yesterday, so I had some time to kill to get it done. And play some video games.

• Travis Herrick (Modular Mod) said:
    "6. Thanks to DC for making all of the Forever Evil books $4. Makes it that much easier to skip them.

9. Oh look a new Avengers series..."

I'm not Mr. Company Man but I have to say the Forever Evil books got under my skin more to the point of having to redo my order list because I don't necessarily want all the books tied in to my regular monthly reading like the Killer Frost or Shadow Theif issues. I do like though that they are trying to add value by having the "moving" covers or whatever you want to call it for the extra buck,

I am looking forward to 'The Mighty Avengers' because the latest rendition of 'The Avengers' has been an almost painful read. I picked up the first 12 issues, wanting to give the new creative team a fair chance, and was no further ahead in any form of entertainment than at the beginning. I like this new team and am looking forward to see how they bring Luke Cage back in to the team and FINALLY someone had the good sense to make Monica Rambeau an Avenger again. She has a good character from the past stories and a good skill set which really makes her one of the most unappreciated characters that should be a team heavy hitter instead.
  • I'm not Mr. Company Man but I have to say the Forever Evil books got under my skin more to the point of having to redo my order list because I don't necessarily want all the books tied in to my regular monthly reading like the Killer Frost or Shadow Theif issues. I do like though that they are trying to add value by having the "moving" covers or whatever you want to call it for the extra buck,

If they had just made them regular covers instead of the fancy moving covers and charged the normal price they would have gotten more of my money. As it is the only one I bought was one of the Wonder Woman comics, because it was about the First Born, and written by Azzarello.

I thought that was Monica in the new Avengers team, but i wasn't sure. I guess she is the one called Spectrum...terrible name. How do they bring Luke Cage back? Are the Avengers still tied to the government? If so that is easy he was working with them over on the Thunderbolts, so he can get transferred.

This reply was deleted.