You know the drill.

Views: 11136

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm proud to say I am much taller, much more handsome, and every bit as bald. :)

Richard Willis said:

Wandering Sensei said:

Me: Well I must look like a Jeff!

Hopefully not this Jeff.

Picked up a copy of Batman: From the '30's to the '70's at my favorite used bookstore today.  I checked this out from the library about a gazillion times when I was a kid, but I've never seen a copy since (and I've looked).

There's not much in here that I don't already have in at least one other collection, but I didn't buy it for the stories.  This was a nostalgia purchase.  (I'm bummed thinking about the possibility that whoever sold this to the store also brought in Superman: From the '30's to the '70's (or, GASP!, the Shazam book!!!) and I was too slow to get it.)

I am still working at Walmart and now mainly stock the paper aisle, toilet paper, paper towels, etc. I have a reputation that no matter how much is there I get it done without help. They give us a stocking time, which for last night was 12 1/2 hours, which does take nearly that long. I was joking with one of my co-workers and told him he was going to have to help me. He told me, "We have been over this before. You are from Krypton and paper is your yellow sun."

Nice! Good to be known as a hard worker, isn't it? (Even if everyone assumes you must be super-human...perhaps especially so..)

Howard Bagby said:

I am still working at Walmart and now mainly stock the paper aisle, toilet paper, paper towels, etc. I have a reputation that no matter how much is there I get it done without help. They give us a stocking time, which for last night was 12 1/2 hours, which does take nearly that long. I was joking with one of my co-workers and told him he was going to have to help me. He told me, "We have been over this before. You are from Krypton and paper is your yellow sun."

The sad thing is the work ethic of today is terrible. I do not feel that I do anything extraordinary, I am just doing my job.

Wandering Sensei: Moderator Man said:

Nice! Good to be known as a hard worker, isn't it? (Even if everyone assumes you must be super-human...perhaps especially so..)

Howard Bagby said:

I am still working at Walmart and now mainly stock the paper aisle, toilet paper, paper towels, etc. I have a reputation that no matter how much is there I get it done without help. They give us a stocking time, which for last night was 12 1/2 hours, which does take nearly that long. I was joking with one of my co-workers and told him he was going to have to help me. He told me, "We have been over this before. You are from Krypton and paper is your yellow sun."

I bought some baseball cards and sports figures from a man on a Facebook Yard Sale Page. I am 95% sure someone else posted some cards hoping to get me interested. Her ad says she has over 1200 cards to choose from and showed several pictures of some of the cards. Her prices were 10 for $5 and 25 for $15. Seeing the cards she has I would only give $5 for them all.

I feel the same way in my line of work. I have fellow teachers who seem to hate their job so much, I wonder how they continue to do it. Surely there are much higher-paying jobs out there they could take if they hold such disdain for this one.

Howard Bagby said:

The sad thing is the work ethic of today is terrible. I do not feel that I do anything extraordinary, I am just doing my job.

Actual conversation at my house today ...

I'm in the driveway shoveling snow.  Action Lad comes to the door to show off the outfit he's going to go sledding in.

A.L.:  Look, Dad!  It's Snow Pants Day!

Me:  It's No Pants Day?  Dude, it's really cold outside.  You should really wear pants.

A.L.: Dad!  Not "No Pants Day"!  I said " It's Snow Pants Day"!

Me:  That's what I said.  It's No Pants Day.

{Repeat for 5 minutes, growing louder and louder for each iteration.}

Also, he wasn't really sledding, he was luging.  So when he came back, I (of course) asked him if he was the biggest luger.

This is what it's like around my house, folks.

It's a wonder I'm still married.

The winner of one of my Listia auctions lives on Dennis Mitchell Road in Garfield, Arkansas.

Hahaha! Love it. I do this kind of thing to my students all the time. It's amazing they haven't put a springy snake in my desk.

Doctor Hmmm? said:

Actual conversation at my house today ...

I'm in the driveway shoveling snow.  Action Lad comes to the door to show off the outfit he's going to go sledding in.

A.L.:  Look, Dad!  It's Snow Pants Day!

Me:  It's No Pants Day?  Dude, it's really cold outside.  You should really wear pants.

A.L.: Dad!  Not "No Pants Day"!  I said " It's Snow Pants Day"!

Me:  That's what I said.  It's No Pants Day.

{Repeat for 5 minutes, growing louder and louder for each iteration.}

Also, he wasn't really sledding, he was luging.  So when he came back, I (of course) asked him if he was the biggest luger.

This is what it's like around my house, folks.

It's a wonder I'm still married.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion She-Hulk
"ISSUE #32: "Jenny to the Center of the Earth" folds the Mole Man into the mix. This story…"
36 minutes ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Star Trek: Strange New Worlds
""Number One" has had various origin stories and identities foisted upon her over the…"
47 minutes ago
Peter Wrexham replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"How about an actual British comic?  Here's The Dandy. Issue #1, 4th December…"
1 hour ago
Richard Willis replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"When I started buying comic books, The Fox and the Crow was one I enjoyed. It ran from 1951 to…"
2 hours ago
Steve W replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"To think I once owned that JLA #1, and sold it in 1973 for 2p (approx 2 cents). Closer to home for…"
3 hours ago
ClarkKent_DC replied to The Baron's discussion The List of 974 Super-Heroines
"There's Electra Woman and Dyna Girl from the '70s kid-vid show of the same name. G-Girl…"
4 hours ago
Eric L. Sofer replied to The Baron's discussion The List of 974 Super-Heroines
"Then let us consider... Teela (Masters of the Universe). The Enchantress (Masters of the…"
5 hours ago
The Baron replied to The Baron's discussion The List of 974 Super-Heroines
"Added."
5 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
5 hours ago
ClarkKent_DC replied to The Baron's discussion The List of 972 Super-Heroines
"Well, in that case, how about She-Ra, from the Masters of the Universe franchise? And Xena,…"
7 hours ago
Dave Palmer replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"#1 (1976) #11 (1978) in between we got Cracky, Wacky Witch, more Tom, Dick, and Harriet, Dagar, Dr.…"
7 hours ago
The Baron replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Star Trek: Strange New Worlds
"The funny thing is,stuff like that is in development now..  Certain types of technology…"
8 hours ago

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service