It's not early to start, right? Use this thread for anything that strikes you in 2014 that you may eventually want to nominate for the Cappies at the end of the year.

Here are the categories:

Best Writer

Best Artist

Most Underrated Writer

Most Underrated Artist

Best Self-Contained Story (Single Issue or One-Shot)

Best Story Arc

Best Limited Series

Best Ongoing Series

Best New Title

Most Underrated Title

Best Original Graphic Novel

Best Web Comic

Best Reprint or Archive

Best Male Character

Best Female Character

Best Villain

Best New Character

Best Supporting Character

Best Team

Biggest Surprise

Best Cover

Best Single Panel or Splash Page

Best Fight Scene

Best Character Recovery

Best Superhero/Comic Book Story in Another Media

Best Comic Book Adaptation

RIP Award (for Fictional Characters)

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• It's good to populate this thread early and often, especially in the first months of the year. In that spirit:

It's too soon to tell -- she's appeared on exactly one page -- but signs are good that I should keep Sacagawea in mind for Best New Character and Best Female Character.

Oh, and Chris, might as well get a ruling on this early: Would Manifest Destiny be eligible for Best Comic Book Adaptation, as it's based on historical figures and it's adapted -- extremely loosely -- from Lewis & Clark's journals?

• Note to self: Shaolin Cowboy #4 was released January 8, 2014.

• You really liked that? Whew, talk about horse races!

Jeff of Earth-J said:

Note to self: Shaolin Cowboy #4 was released January 8, 2014.

• The last time we discussed it, issue #4 had yet to be released. Issue #4 redeems issues #1-3.

Plus I'm trying to be coy about which category I'm going to place it.

• Gotcha, I still think it was a pretty terrible series, but I can see a few categories it can go into.

• I think that's a bit of a stretch. 

Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod) said:

Oh, and Chris, might as well get a ruling on this early: Would Manifest Destiny be eligible for Best Comic Book Adaptation, as it's based on historical figures and it's adapted -- extremely loosely -- from Lewis & Clark's journals?

• I thought so, too, but figured I'd ask upfront rather than wait until the end of the year. 

• Hey, Mods! Can we get this pinned to the top of the forum in place of the 2013 one?

• Done and done!

• Berni Wrightson's Frankenstein Alive, Alive! is back and deserves to be nominated (and to win) in at least one category.

Superman Sunday Pages is a worthy contender best reprint or archive.

Superman #28 (which shipped this week) had a nice cover.

This reply was deleted.