Geoff Johns to write new Aquaman series
Now...all we need is a great team on a Firestorm book and Brightest Day will have been worth it.
Read more…Now...all we need is a great team on a Firestorm book and Brightest Day will have been worth it.
Read more…I was flipping through some Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe and noticed this one. Would it surprise anyone that a big percentage of the "deceased" are walking around today? Let's see:
Bucky: once the Holy Grail of Dead Heroes, now the new, s
Read more…The Hawkeye: Blindspot mini is both a great read and a frustrating one as well. This is the *SPOILER* here though it may be a little obvious. Hawkeye is going blind due to an injury suffered during Widowmaker. Tony Stark creates a device to help him
Read more…http://www.newsarama.com/comics/Marvel-15-love-110316.html I was a big fan of Andi Watson's Skeleton Key back in the day...I'll probably pick this up.
Read more…http://archives.tcj.com/3_online/f_curtain.html I mentioned this in the comics magazine/fanzine thread and thought I would post the list for others to see. At the end of the 90s, the primary staff of The Comics Journal each submitted a list which be
Read more…It's a Will Eisner's Spirit theme for some reason today. Interesting. Figured this was old news around here already!
Read more…http://tmagazine.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/03/24/bookshelf-mike-kelley-kandors/ Man, I would love to have one of those.
Read more…OK...freaky, weird coincidence...maybe.
I was reading the Daredevil collection "Lone Stranger" last night which reprints some of the Ann Nocenti and John Romita, Jr. Daredevil issues from the 80s. I get to issue 270, which is the introduction of B
Read more…I've been impressed and surprised by recent books that are interesting, well drawn and just plain entertaining. So I thought that I would mention them and see what the rest of you think.
DC:
Batman Beyond-- Terry McGuiness lays down the foundation fo
Read more…http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=31312 Take a look and then come back to discuss...
Read more…
Funerals for characters in both Amazing Spider-Man and Fantastic Four were depicted in wordless stories in this week. While it's hard to get too worked up...these are characters in superhero comics...there were a couple of things that hit me.
Read more…what's folks heres poinion of the Superman/Batman title from DC? does it sell good? i think it operates on a concept somewhat like Marvel's Marvel Knights titles did (are those still going?) where the stories "aren't nessecarily in continuity",right?
Read more…
See Batman, Inc. #4...
I love you, Grant Morrison...oh, and your fantastic artist this time, Chris Burnham!
Read more…I've been thinking about taking my Mr. Vertigo reviews into a wider venue for awhile, and finally created a blog today: http://mrvertigocomics.wordpress.com/
I thought I'd begin by gathering together the chronological tour of Vertigo miniseries that
Read more…http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2011/03/batman_yale_bruce_wayne.html Chip Kidd was a primary investigator. No word, as yet, if he knew Rory Gilmore's father or was a member of the Whiffenpoofs.
Read more…If Fantastic Four #1 had never started the Marvel comeback and Timely had ended with the monster comics. Then if Stan Lee had been asked over to DC - what titles could you have seen him take over?
I ask because I was thinking he would have been exc
Read more…MARVEL TALES became the last survivor of what I like to call the " Marvel's Miteist Reprints " era/line of titles when all of the others were cancelled , around the into-the-middish-80s , I believe .
Yes , I am referring to those 32-page titles tha
Read more…This can be a line for all comic book-y things - and related - involving the phrase " The Defenders " .
Most of all , I'm sure , there would be Marvel's Non-Team here , and their Bronze-into-the-um , it lasted through 1986 , didn't it , which was s
Read more…