General Comics Discussions (6916)
Joanne Siegel, the original Lois Lane, Passes at 93
Joanne Siegel, wife of Superman co-creator and model for Lois Lane, died on Feb.12. In Newsday, it was told how she met Siegel and Joe Shuster in Cleveland in 1935 when she was hired to model as Lois for their at-the-time future newspaper strip. She
Read more…Can anyone identify this image?
Stumbled onto it, context-less, and am intrigued. Anyone know where it came from or what's going on here?
Read more…
Looney Toons comic books .
Last nite , I was reading an ish of DC's LOONEY TOONS comic book , #194 . I buy it pretty regular .
Yes , that's coming up towards #200 , THAT irridate your lil' fanboy heart ?
Traditionally , comic-book versions of the Warner Brothers roup of pr
Read more…Thoughts While Filling Out Previews
Here we go another month, and some more numbered thoughts for comics supposedly shipping in April.
1. Dark Horse Presents seems to be pulling out all of the stops for the first issue at least: Paul Chadwick and "Concrete", Frank Miller, Neal Adams,
Read more…I'm so going to regret this - the 100 most memorable moments.
Good afternoon. For those who don't know me, my name's Mike, and I'm a comics addict. On the old boards, I conducted a couple of polls to find what we thought were the greatest comics continuing and limited series of all time - someone may have an
Read more…How In-Depth Should Reprints Go ?
Should comic book and strip reprints reprint " lesser " things , like advertisments and colorized/edited reprints ?
I just saw a listing on Amazon for Fantagraphics' Mickey Mouse newpaper strip reprints and a Boom! " Walt Disney's Comics And Storie
Read more…Fan First, Writer Second
From Jason Aaron:
If I ever turn out to be one of those guys who only bitches and complains about comics, who only talks about them to tear them down and seems to never take any joy from the medium they claim to love, I hope somebody comes up and slRead more…
Great moments in comics
Gwen's just died...Pete breaks down...and Mary Jane reveals she's way more than a party girl.
Read more…I've bagged and boxed my last comic
It all started here...
And it ends here...
Seems like a nice bookend. Anyway...not to panic anyone (especially my local shop owner...hi, Doug)...I'll still be at the store every Wednesday to pick up some comics...but I'm not keeping an
Read more…Point One
What do you think of Marvel's point one initiative, in which they insert jumping-on issues between regular issues of a series? I've heard retailers complain about the troubles of filing it (which was also true of 0 issues and Minus One issues). I'm
Read more…DC Universe Legacies #9
I don’t mean to reopen old wounds (yes I do), but Day of Judgment is not the redemption of Hal Jordan; Final Night is the redemption of Hal Jordan. As DCU Legacies #9 would have it, Final Night is the fall, but “Emerald Twilight” is the fall. IOW, “E
Read more…Defenders Marvel Masterworks Vol. 2
The first issue of The Defenders I ever saw was #12, at Droste Drug Store, my secondary source for comics books in those days. (My primary source was Ahmann’s Newsstand.) It was late 1973 and my favorite character was the Incredible Hulk. I already k
Read more…Thunderstrike, Ant-Man & the Wasp
Like Robert Kirkman’s Ant-Man before it, Tim Seeley’s Ant-Man & Wasp is a series I like, but then hate myself for liking it. The storytelling is good, but the humor is decidedly adolescent. Henry Pym is the foil and Eric O’Grady is the fool. The lang
Read more…Help needed: Johnny's Greatest Hits!
Hey, Legionnaires! I've got a tight turnaround for a Human Torch story, and one aspect is "Dumb/Immature Things Johnny Does or Did." Anyone got any favorite bonehead moments for the FF's Human Torch?
Thanks in advance!
Read more…A Comic A Day - Box 3
Well here we are to my third box of unread comics. For those who haven't followed, theoretically I read a comic a day of comics I bought and never got around to reading. Some of them going back to the early '90s (well when I bought them I should say)
Read more…Fan of Bronze: Zodiac--Super Villains or Guys in Costumes?
In The Avengers #120-123, our heroes took on the crime cartel known as Zodiac, based on the constellations. Now only two of these guys had super powers and they had some advanced weapondry from somewhere. But I vividly recall how seven of them, and n
Read more…Fan of Bronze: Plastic Man and Blackhawk--A Theory
In comments that I have made here and in Mister Silver Age's forum (may it rise again), I have asserted that the DC Multiverse (Pre-Crisis) had contained several versions of Plastic Man and, by extension, Blackhawk. But then I started thinking down a
Read more…


