Hello fellow Legionnaires,

Last year, we played along with American Idol by saying what songs we would sing based on the theme of the week.  I thought it went over well as a bunch of other Legionnaires participated.  So I'm back for another go. 

So, what Rolling Stones song would you sing?  And feel free to tell us why because that adds to the fun.

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction" - predictable, I know, but it was the first Stones song I ever heard, and it still kicks my arse every time I hear it.
  • Nothing wrong with going with a classic. But can you sing it better than Britney Spears?
  • Chris Fluit said:
    Nothing wrong with going with a classic. But can you sing it better than Britney Spears?

Couldn't say - I'm not 100% sure I've ever heard her sing.
  • Rock and a Hard Place - because, somewhere, there is video of some friends and me doing a really horrible lip sinc version of it.
  • Paint it Black - Just one of my all time favorites of theirs.
  • Off-hand, I only know "Satisfaction" and "Paint it Black." Of the two, I'd choose the later.
  • I love a lot of their songs and it's hard to pick one. Granted I'm a terrible singer. But if I had to pick one it'd be Sympathy for the Devil. Not my favorite Stones song but a fun one to sing nonetheless.
  • I'm finding it hard to choose a song, because I don't think any of the Rolling Stones songs are known for great singing. Great music, great guitar work, even great horns (on "B****", a song that, in no small part because of its title, doesn't get a lot of airplay).

Which means we'll hear even more inane jabbering from the judges about the contestants not picking the right song. which I think is an unfair and even irrelevant criterion to assess what they do.
  • I think that's why I like singing Stones songs - the fact that I have an atrocious singing voice doesn't matter as much.
  • I'm having trouble picking a couple for the same reasons Clark gave. That said, I think I'd pick "Angie", because it's a Stones ballad I actually like, and "Sympathy For The Devil" to shock the fundamentalists in my old home town. :D
This reply was deleted.